Lowespiss-poor service and installation

M

My boyfriend and I went to Lowes in Lumberton, NJ on Friday night, May 6, 2011, to purchase a gas dryer and have it delivered and installed. We found a dryer we liked for a decent price, but the Lumberton store told us they were an electric only story, so they sent us to the Lowes in Maple Shade, which is a gas only store. We drove down there immediately. They didn't have the model we saw at the Lumberton store in stock and said it would be 7-10 days to have it delivered (the Lumberton store had told us 3-5 days.) But we picked out a similar model and arranged to have it installed that weekend, Sunday, May 8th. As we paid, we asked what time the dryer would be delivered. The check-out person told us "in the morning" but couldn't give us an exact window. On Sunday morning I called to ask what time it would be delivered. The phone rang for several minutes before someone finally answered and told us "10 to 2". My boyfriend and I had to be at a mother's day barbecue at 3. We waited and waited, and finally at 2:20 I called them to try to figure out what was going on. Nobody could give us any details. Finally talked to a manager who said we were scheduled for 3-5, and had no idea who had told us 10-2 or why he'd told us we had that window. He also said we were supposed to have received a call the night before to confirm our appointment and tell us the window of time we were scheduled for. We never received that call. I finally left for the barbecue while my boyfriend stayed home to wait for the installers to arrive. He finally texted me at 4:30 to say they had finally arrived. And then called me around 5 to tell me they couldn't find the gas shut-off and that we'd have to hire a contractor to install it, even though we had paid Lowes for installation. The dryer is now sitting in our dining room, totally useless... Our next door neighbor lives in the same style condo as we do and had a gas dryer installed by Sears without any issues. Lowes has offered to come back out and try to investigate to see if they can find the gas shut-off and determine whether or not it's located somewhere they'd be allowed to touch it. I'm nervous for them to do anything with it considering they don't really seem to know what they're doing. Now we have to wait around for them to come back and pick the dryer up so we can return it and get a refund, as well as having to go through the whole ordeal of ordering, delivering and getting a dryer installed from someplace else--probably Sears since they seem to know how to install a gas dryer in a condo. This is such a frustration, I will never buy anything requiring installation from Lowes again.

• Mi
    michellerenee143 May 09, 2011

1.) They never even gave us a delivery window until the morning of the delivery. And then they gave us the wrong window, which we found out later on after that window came and went without a delivery.
    2.) We already HAVE a gas dryer hooked up. All they need to do is shut off the gas so they can install our new gas dryer. They couldn't find they gas shut-off, even though it's right there in the laundry room, and then told us even if they do find it, they may not be allowed to touch it.
    3.) You're a ###tard [censored] who needs to learn to read, and probably shouldn't comment on anything if you have nothing remotely intelligent to add.