Menu

M
Author of the complaint
5:45 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently purchased a GE appliance from Lowe's. The sign stated that the appliance qualified for a $50.00 rebate, which was part of my purchase decision. The clerk had difficulty getting the rebate form to print, and I had to wait. I submitted the rebate, and now I get a letter that the rebate was only for a pair of appliances.

The sign did not say pair. The salesman sold me one appliance and stated the rebate applied to the appliance. The cashier had to get the rebate form from a separate computer. All of the above with the understanding that it was for the washer alone.

I called the number and was blown off, and told that the only rebates are for pairs of appliances.

This was a deceptive practice. I will not purchase anything from Lowes ever again, and suggest that no one else gets scammed like this either.

15 comments
L
May 24, 2022 10:47 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Different rebate, same scam. Watch out for the confusing, ambiguous wording.

A
Apr 13, 2022 9:11 am

Hi, I am having the same issue too. I plan on speaking to a lawyer about this.

N
Feb 27, 2022 12:12 am

So I bought an LG refrigerator. I bought an LG washer and dryer. I bought an LG stove. I was told that I would get a good rebate back as long as I send this all this in before one month well I sent in the rebate and everything else needed for that rebate they sent me a letter vaccine or they text me back saying you don’t qualify for a rebate I was told by the person at the counter that if I were to buy four products in their store that I would get a rebate so Lowe’s is dishonest with your customers Why did the customers to get them to sell products because they get a commission on it so I will never ever buy another product from Lowe’s again liars

B
Dec 28, 2021 6:08 pm

I bought 5000$ of samsung appliances and was told that I would get a rebate of 10%. This was on their black friday sale in oct.2021. I've called them 3 times because I was rejected? Finally sent them a copy of the original receipt. Still nothing. The same thing happened last spring on their paint sale. 40.00$ rebate per 5 gallons. purchased 3 - 5's. rejected. Don't fall for their rebate scam. go to Home Depot and you might get a rebate. I just know you won't get one from LOWES.

Dec 20, 2021 5:19 am

Here's a club that I didn't want to join. I've been scammed too. I bought a Maytag dishwasher offering a $200 rebate for the installation. I filed twice and it says that I didn't meet the conditions, when in fact I did.
As others here have stated, it's pass the buck on accountability. I too will shop elsewhere.

G
Oct 29, 2021 11:32 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had AC replaced and got confirmation my rebate (1000.) was approved, this was 5 months ago and still get the same explanation that they are behind, it will be sent out via email from [email protected], I keep checking spam nothing. the latest email from them said it would be sent out in 2-3 weeks that was three weeks ago. I phoned them AGAIN and get the same response.

Nov 16, 2021 11:09 am
Replying to comment of Geras

Exactly the same issue ! Purchased 2 AC units was supposed to get $1000... they have requested the same information multiple times... which I have provided ... multiple times! What is the problem... !?

T
Sep 09, 2021 12:28 pm

If anyone has been screwed by lowes on their Rebate please join me in filing a class action lawsuit. They owe me over $200 for a rebate on paint. [email protected]

Replying to comment of Tina Keith

Yes - I have been waiting for $450 for months - lots of run around, lies, no one is accountable - it's a huge corporation scamming people out of thousands of dollars

Oct 25, 2021 7:22 pm
Replying to comment of Tina Keith

Yes. In February of this year, I bought approximately $8, 000.00 in appliances. The salesman told my husband and I that we could get 10 percent rebate on four of the five appliances we bought. We went home and I put in for this rebate. All we've got was a run around. I've got every email I sent and they sent. I also went to the store managers, twice. One called the rebate center and got a run around also. Of he couldn't help me though.i believe it's a big scam.

Jan 30, 2021 10:18 am

I purchased a bosch diswasher; submitted four times. a scam... it has to be.
Do not buy any appliance with a rebate from lowes. I sent my neighbors who moved in to our local appliance store! such a shame, I like our lowes store but the rebates are a scam.

May 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Lowe's Bonus Savings Appliance Rebate up to $600 11/26/2018 Processing

I purchased a washer and dryer from Lowes in November and at first it was 'non compliant' because the delivery men didn't bring my receipt so I had one sent to me and it was only for one appliance. They sent a receipt for the dryer and a paper showing I'd bought a matching pair that qualified for up to $600!

I still haven't gotten any reply or any rebate from Lowes. I should have gone to The Home Depot.

L
Oct 08, 2018 8:48 pm

I agree I've purchased appliances from them because of the rebate and I matched up rebate numbers that they offered and they said nope not the right product...Wrong, it was the right product and I actually let it slide, but now I have a rebate for paint and no where can I get any answers, On line tells me that the site is down. Never again. I don't get how they get away with this. Guess I will go somewhere else.

I
Sep 07, 2017 12:13 pm

I agree, I only bought a gallon of paint that only had a $10.00 rebate. Mailed it on time and then waited for money to come. Got busy this summer and let it go (the waiting that is) for 10 weeks instead of calling at exactly 8 weeks after mailing. They say they never received it. I said no problem, I had scanned it before mailing just like they had suggested. But to my surprise now that I waited 2 weeks after the 8 weeks to wait to get the check they say the offer is closed. How convenient. They say they never received even though I mailed and now the offer is closed even though I have proof that I sent it. Home Depot is my place to buy paint from now on. Lowes and their scams can do without my business from now on and we did a lot of business there.

M
Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm

I purchased a dishwasher online due to no local store having the Bosch I wanted in stock. I was also told there was a 10% rebate and this was part of my purchase decision. I was told due to it being a special order, the rebate form that I received from the store would be honored, that they had checked it for me. I again asked about the purchase being online instead of in store and was told it would be delivered through my local store so therefore I would receive the rebate. This is the Lowes located Lakeland, Florida at 3600 N, 98. I have also called the online help and been told that my rebate was received Feb.18, 2017 and should receive the rebate by April 15, 2017. I now check the status of rebate online to see that I supposedly had received an email stating that my rebate form was denied. I have received no such email. I then call customer service again to be told to fax a copy of my receipt in! Are you kidding? I have been a dedicated Lowes customer, however, after this I will be shopping at Home Depot in search of better customer service!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1359 complaints