Lester Glenn Hyundaiservice department

J

I moved to Brick last year from South Brunswick. When I was looking for a new Hyundai, I went to Lester Glenn Hyundai on Rt 37 in Toms River. I first filled out an inquiry on the internet about the Genesis. Shortly afterward I was contacted by Lester Glenn to come in for a test drive. I went in and the salesman who assisted me took me in a residential zone (25mph) to test drive the luxury sport sedan. I really did not have a chance to see what the car could do. I came back a week later with my wife and dealt with another salesman who gave us another Genesis and let us take it out ourselves. We went for a nice test drive, but the car pulled to the right and I did not have a good feeling about it. The salesman thought the tire pressure may be low, but the vehicle had tire pressure sensors, go figure. We owned a 2006 Hyundai Azera Limited that had almost 50, 000 miles on it. The dealer was having a good sale so I decided to trade the 2006 for a 2009 Azera Ultimate. I was very satisfied with the purchase process, as the general manager assisted the salesman with finding the exact model I was interested in. The vehicle took a few days to arrive, and we picked it up in the evening. The next day I noticed that there was some glue on the roof that was never removed, and there was a scratch in the rear bumper. I returned the car and they attempted to fix the scratch. I had to drop the car off for the "Bumper" man to repair it. The car was ready the next day, but when we picked it up it looked like a child did the repair. I asked three salesman who were standing out back if they saw the repair, all three said they don't have very good vision. LOL. I finally convinced them to fix it properly. They assured me that their new body shop would make it look new. (It's a new car) Well this did not happen, I had to bring the car back a third time. This time was a charm. The body shop manager made sure that the car was fixed properly. I will add that during the second repair, I was given a fully loaded Genesis to drive while my car was being repaired. I was very tempted to buy it. My older Azera had an electrical problem that the other dealer diagnosed and repaired. The new car had the same problem, plus it had an audible vibration when the car is in drive. I dropped the car off and to my surprise they could not replicate the noise. I sent an audio file of the noise, so they asked to have the car for a couple of days. While the car was there I asked (via email) to have the oil changed while they had it. They offer free oil changes. Well I received a voice mail that the noise is from a solenoid inside the transmission, and that the noise is of an acceptable level. Great! $26, 000.00 and I get a free noise... Well when I picked up the car I looked at the invoice and there was no mention of an oil change. The wire harness was replaced. I asked the girl at the desk and she said it was not changed. Just another disappointment. When I arrived home I was reading the vehicle inspection sheet and every area of the car was checked and given a check mark in the green OK box. I noticed the car appeared to be washed, and the tires looked dressed. I thought was a nice gesture until I walked to the passenger side and that side was not done!!! Does anybody quality control what leaves the facility? I feel embarrassed of them. The sales department is okay, but the service department has really got to be overhauled and get their act together. I will not be using their service department ever again. They tell you call if you are not 100% satisfied but apparently it falls on deaf ears.

Mark99 Nov 08, 2009

Stay away from this dealership at all costs!!! Recently I went to the dealership to check out a new 2010 Genesis Coupe. I'm a very car saavy guy, I know alot about cars, and especially this Genesis after doing some research. I checked the car out on the lot and the dealer had the hysterical audacity to add the following "dealer equipped options" to the sticker price in the tune of $990.00. ($495-appearance package, $495 leather upholstery protection.) I STARTED LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY I ALMOST FELL DOWN!!! The car comes equipped with all body appearance options straight from the factory (plus all appearance options are noted on the original sticker) - anotherwords, the car looked identical to when they rolled it off the truck when it arrived, they did absolutely nothing. Also, the seats had the original plastic wrap neatly covering the seats, as they had been placed in the factory. Absolutely NOTHING was done to the seats. Moreover, leather protection gel in auto store is 20 bucks, tops. And you could do at least 5 cars with it. They are just trying to scam the customer out of an extra grand. This is outrageous, and frankly, Hyundai USA should be aware of this scam. The car was identical in every way to when it left the factory. This is dishonest and HORRIFYING, LESTER GLENN IS DISHONEST, PERIOD.

• Fa
    fallgal Aug 10, 2010

I have owned many cars and they are by far the worst service department that I have ever dealt with. The never answer the phone making you leave a voice mail msg which never gets returned until you call a manager. There sales pitch is free oil changes for life. What they fail to tell you at the time of your purchase is that its free oil changes for every 6000 miles not the recommended 3000. I cannot wait until I can finally trade my car in and be done with this dealer all together! Stay away there are much more customer oriented dealers who value their customers even after the sale.

• Mi
    Mickeyo1257 Jan 29, 2011

Heres the email I just sent Hyundai USA

I visited the lester Glenn Hyundai website and saw a 2010 leftover
    accent at a good price. I asked for a quote and I was called back quickly. I was told that the car was in stock and was at the price quoted on the website I made the 30 mile drive and when I got to the dealership I was told that the card was just sold. Since they had several comparable(exactly the same except for color) cars available on the website I told the salesman that was no problem as long as the price quoted for the other car pertained to this one. He came back with a price that was over $1400 dollars more. This is not only deceptive, but in my opinion is criminal. Needless to say, if you are letting your dealerships treat customers this way, I will not be buying any Hyundai cars.

• Ne
    Neal Maher Aug 21, 2011

They really are the worst dealer service department I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with many in my 66 years with at least 15 differenct cars and dealers in NY, NJ & PA.
    They are dishonest, deceptive and incompetent. Sales Department isn't bad but if you buy a car there use another dealer's service deparment or your local service shop.

Neal Maher

• Ge
    Genesis 3.8 Feb 07, 2012

I purchased a "New 2012 Genesis 3.8", back in Sept of 2011, The day I arrived at The Toms River location I had a 11AM appointment, when I sat down wiTh The sales person, we made The deal, traded in my vehicle, which was worTh more Than The vehicle I purchase, so There was no financing, I was told my vehicle was going to "Auction", which in fact it was Sold In House to anoTher Sales Manager. When I finally took delivery of my vehicle it was 7:45PM, The vehicle kept going back to "Detail", due to The fact it was not done correctly I was told by my sales person. So when it did come to me it was dust out, I drove it home. The next morning I was showing it to The family, and it was bought to my attention The The engine hood, roof and trunk had fine stretches all over it. I text The sales person on a Sunday, and The sales person me at 10AM on a Sunday, and said to bring it in on The 9Th of Sept. to be "Detailed again, which it was, The stretches could not be taken out, I contact Corporate Hyundai, and a Hyundai Rep came to The dealership, and saw The vehicle, and said to have it taken to The body shop to be "Fine Wet Sanded", and Painted, a brand new vehicle 2 weeks old now, and They had to replace boTh front seats as well, due to The leaTher buckling. Since Sept last year, This vehicle has been in and out of The shop more Than 10 times for "REPEAT ISSUES", and The Service and Management Team allowed This to Escalate to where it is now.
    Customer Service at its Worst.I just got The vehicle out of The shop again This past Saturday The 28Th of January.

• Fl
    flrman101 Jun 05, 2012

i hate to say i am going down that same road. i was scammed on the wheel warranty hit a pothole and damaged my rims service said as long as they hold air they are not damaged. i have paint run-off lester glen painted the bumpers and still sold me a simonizing for 800 bucks ! . leather seats are falling apart and steering wheel is peeling . stay far away from this dealer !!

• Ac
    A concerned employee. Jun 12, 2015

Lester Glenn manager in PARTS CHEVY Lori is nasty to the workers..I told Kerry Monica about this and he does NOTHING..Im a worker there and NOONE likes her, the girl that was just hired quits...the list goes on..She needs to be fired..that's why everyone quits and are looking for other jobs..

Not surprised lester glenn Jun 17, 2015

Oh yes I agree...Lori has a bad attitude at chevy...bill hope and kerry monica DONT care ...if my son gets fired it's because of this comment I'm sure...lets see what happens...maybe Adam needs to get involved with this...