Having problems with La-Z-Boy?

+1 800 375 6890 (Customer Service)
+1 855 802 6636 (Warranty Inquiries)
+44 162 851 3810 (United Kingdom)
+855 77 366 168 (Cambodia)
+852 23 336 281 (Hong Kong)
+62 216 667 5933 (Indonesia)
+81 453 114 001 (Japan, Yokohama)
+81 355 305 555 (Japan, Tokyo)
+81 486 226 071 (Japan, Saitama)
+81 523 835 555 (Japan, Nagoya)
+60 377 185 200 (Malaysia, Petaling Jaya)
+60 84 320 288 (Malaysia, Sarawak)
+95 19 669 545 (Myanmar)
+92 213 529 5115 (Pakistan)
+63 470 920 103 (Philippines)
+65 63 119 988 (Singapore)
+82 317 182 293 (South Korea)
+66 23 760 940 (Thailand)
+84 854 136 661 (Vietnam)
One La-Z-Boy Dr.
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

poor fabric

The fabric on my lazy boy is pilling. I was told by their customer service that this is 'normal'...

scam

LazyBoy Chair and a half.

This is not worth the wood and staples it is made with. It is hard to recline and not comfortable.

The support board broke in the back after several months and the repair man told me this is problem with the chair and the fact that it is made cheaply.

The frame now is starting to twist and I am waiting for the back to completely break off.

I thought Lazy Boy was a Quality product and at $850 would stand the test of time but I dont see this chair lasting even a year.

bad service

About 4 weeks ago I purchased a La-Z-Boy home theater set from the clearance department of my local furniture store. I now need a replacement motor for the power recliner and the store told me that since it was purchased on clearance that La-Z-Boy would not honor the manufacturer's warranty even though I was the orginal purcahser. I called La-Z-Boy and got the same story from them. I do remember seeing that items are "as is", but I don't recall seeing anywhere on my recipt nor posted in the clearance department that the manufacturer would not stand behind their product if you had problems later. I have never experienced customer service like this before. Is this an industry standard for furniture manufacturers? I can only hope they get to make the same discovery when they buy their new car at the end of year clearance sale from the car dealership. "I'm sorry your transmission went out on your 1 month old car. Oh wait, you bought that on clearance so we didn't sell it to you with a manufacturer's warranty. Sorry, but at least you got a great price on the car. Would you like to consider trading that in on new model?"

fraud and cheating

I have two leather sofas - one started to lose its color on one of the arms and the seat of one cushion within 3 months. We had it replaced after being told that this situation was very unusual. They also came out, looked at it, and pronounced that yes, it would be covered under the warranty. We felt fortunate that since we did not buy the extended warranty, that the 'problem' had been taken care of in time. Nope. One month after the warranty expires, the furniture starts to lose color on the back, the arms, the seats; and they will not do a thing. $75 just to look at one piece of furniture. Totally disappointed since I had always thought Lazy Boy would stand behind their work. I should have checked for complaints first. Beware buyers.

sectional sofas coming unseen

I bought a Devon Lazyboy sectional and within two years the back cushions that only have single stitches on...

poor quality

Purchased a recliner for just under 1000.00. There is very little padding on this expensive chair. You can feel the wood hit you in the arm the back cushion collapses when you sit in it, the seat cushion compressed so much that it kept sliding under the back. The back of the chair wobbles as though it is going to fall off. When we pointed this out to the repair person they said they were all like that. They replaced the seat cushion but that is all they did. I went to this company and paid alot of money because I thought we were buying quality. What you see on the showroom floor is not what you get. This chair was purchased so my 80 year old aunt would have a comfortable chair when she visits for 3 months each year. Now I am shopping for a 2 or 3 hundred dollar chair to replace it and I'll just buy a new one every few years.

• Re
    recliner lover Aug 15, 2008

This company has more than 80 years in business. When you are purchasing a chair for someone else is always hard! what fits you it might not fit that someone well.

No other company out there is going to offer you parts for life or show you how that chair is build. LaZBoy does. I got three recliners from them and I am very happy with them but I also made a mistake I purchased one for for husband that was too small for him and for his weight most of their recliners can tolerate up to 300 pounds but he was more than that it was my fault. So in the end I end up buying a big man chair he has it for over five yearss!!!

If this chair can put up to mu husbands weight everyday & he is 355 pounds I'm sure is built to last longer than the ones out there!!!

Give them another try but this time if you are getting it for some else remenber to bring that someone along so you make the right choice also
    if you think what they have in floor is diff. than what you get that is not the case is the same thing find out if you can pick it up at their warehouse or what if you receive it and you are not happy with it or in the end can you get the one from the floor? I still think better to find out the "what if" first.
    I'm sure they eventually will work something with you...they did with me...right away the same day I called them when I got that chair and I was able to get another one instead but this time I told my husband to come with me he's the one that is going to be on that chair not me...

one of my recliners is about 15 years old still works fine!!!

I am a very happy lazboy customer will continue if they continue to build them the same way!!!

Sally Mar 20, 2009

I bought a lazy by sectional that has one recliner. As soon as I purchased it, the recliner worked very hard & didn't seem to work right. They sent a repair man. Even when he was done, I said it still worked hard & didn't seem to work right. He also said that is how they all are. We only used the recliner 4 or 5 times & already it does not work at all. I have called Lazy Boy & I am waiting for them to call me back to fix what should have been fixed the first time. I also bought Lazy Boy for the quality & I am disappointed in my purchase. Hopefully, they can fix it this time, but I feel that the first repair man knew that it was not functioning properly & just didn't know how to fix it or just didn't care. This is not what I expect from Lazy Boy.

leather

I purchased an almost $3, 000 leather reclining sofa and chair & 1/2 from La Z Boy exactly a year ago. After 6 months there was noticeable wear and chaffing of the leather on the seat cushions. They came out and replaced the seats, then shortly after the seat started showing wear and chaffing on the chair (that was used less). They replaced that. Now it's about 6 months in, and it is starting to wear and chaff again. Bottom line: La Z Boy leather is no better and shows wear like I have had the pieces for 10 years or more within 6 months. I started complaining again recently because I have seen the Tech in my house; first to check the furniture then back out again to reinstall new seats: 4 times in the last year (more than I see some of my close relatives)! Buy a cheaper set than I did, may last longer than mine did from a company I would have thought had a high quality leather-was I wrong!

poor quality custom order furniture

7/30/2008 7:29:43 AM - I ordered a custom sectional sofa and when it was delivered the couch was slanted/sloped, the chaise and the couch were different shades and the couch had a slight tear on the back. Lazyboy sent a technician/investigator on July 11th, took the information and pictures, but I haven't heard anything since then. I called on July 28 and the person I talked to said the system was down and she would call me back with a status. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Although I read the negative reviews about Lazyboy online, I hoped to resolve this issue without resorting to contacting the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Protection Advocacy Agencies.

delivered broken

Approximately 4 weeks ago I purchased 2 lazy boy recliners from Conn's in the White Settlement area of Fort Worth, TX 76108.

The chairs were delivered at the promised time. That was the end of "customer service". One of the chairs was broken (wood frame under the chair is split). I have made repeated calls to the store but have gotten nowhere. A furniture repair place (Kelley's) did come out about 2 weeks later and said that the chair could not be fixed. I later received parts from a furniture company??? with no explanation.

My husband and I are 94 and 84 years of age. I called and complained for 2 weeks to the local Conn's store, speaking with Van Woods (store manager). I was told that he could do nothing about replacing the broken chair and that cooperate headquarters were the only people that could authorize an exchange. He was very nice and understanding but took no action to replace the chair to my satisfaction.

I then contacted my daughter, Donna Beaver, who lives 2 hours north of Fort Worth to do something about this situation as I was not getting anywhere with any satisfaction. As of today, July 29, 2008 nothing has been done. My daughter has called the store 2-3 times a week and has spoken with Van Woods (store manager) Billy (assistant manager) Ron, Chris, Cody Beason and Charles Doty (salesmen). They have all listened to the saga but no one seems interested in taking the ball and doing something about it. Cannot someone he the hero and make this customer happy?

What should my next move be? Each time my daughter calls and speaks with one of the above men, if they are available and not on the phone, they say they will call and speak with me (I live 2 blocks from the store). No one from Conn's has yet to return any calls to my home# or to my daughter's home#. For example, my daughter called this evening and spoke with Ron (salesman) at the store - Van Woods (store manager) was on the phone and he said that he would return the call. No call for over a hour. she called back and he had left for the day!

N. Lynn Griffin, customer

Donna Beaver, daughter to Lynn
    903.892.6717

• Re
    registeremail Jun 20, 2009

I found this note during my trials with Conn's. I'm afraid that it's probably too late to help the Griffins, but I had a similar experience with Van Woods at Conn's that I was finally able to resolve. Perhaps my experience will help the next reader.

We bought a lower priced Whirlpool clothes washer at the Conn's on Hulen Street, and were immediately dissatisfied. It was way too loud and although the timer dial had a "delicate" setting (that to us implied a 2-speed motor), if you set it to delicate, it would just run at full speed, pause, and then run at full speed again. That isn't delicate! Initially we tried to make-do by closing the utility room door and doing delicates by hand, but after having the washer for less than a week and a half it broke down due to a manufacturer's defect in the timer.

We bought the washer at a local brick-and-mortar store for service after the sale and because Conn's has a 30-day return policy. (After all, you can't "try out" a washer in a store). We contacted the then-store manager to return the washer or exchange it for a different model and were told that she could not process a return because the washer was broken! She said that we had to go through the service department for a return. The service department told us that they could not handle a return, only a repair. We weren't interested in keeping the washer since we were dissatisfied with it before it ever broke, so we again contacted the store. The managers had since changed to Van Woods and asst. manager Billy Brink, and they said the same thing- no returning the washer (even though we were still within the 30-day return period) because it was broken!

After multiple attempts to contact Conn's corporate customer service by phone (no help there), speaking to Conn's DFW service manager Greg Leblanc (no help there), trying to contact Conn's district manager Clay Roberts (wouldn't even return phone calls, so no help there), we finally got a response to an email sent to Conn's customer service. Never mind that the response to the email came after THREE MONTHS!

It turns out that Conn's is apparently being investigated by the Texas Attorney General's Office for their handling of extended warranties, and in response to that investigation and other issues they have recently created a "Customer Help Group" that dug up our old thus-far-ignored email and contacted us. The Customer Help Group really seems to want to help, and is actually EMPOWERED to help. They not only resolved my problem to my satisfaction (took the washer back, refunded ALL of my payments including delivery fees, waived the re-stocking fee, etc.) but they also arranged to have district manager Clay Roberts and store manager Van Woods call me to apologize for their lack of help.

I would encourage anyone with a customer service issue to speak with the store manager and try to resolve the problem. But failing that, try calling Conn's customer service department at 1-877-472-5422 and ask for help. If the customer service agent can't or won't help (or just transfers you around aimlessly or cuts you off), ask for the Customer Help Group. If you have a legitimate concern and are willing to be persistent, I'll bet that you'll eventually get the help you'll need from them.

Hope this helps.

• Je
    Jerald Martin Sep 02, 2014

Bought two Leather Recliners that rock and turn around last winter. We have had to have the repair man for one of the chairs twice. They have replaced the parts under the chair and it just gets louder and louder. I can no longer use it. I am very upset about this. I need something done about this.

don't buy

Don't buy La-z-boy recliners the fabric will not hold up. I bought a recliner 16 months ago and the fabric already is wearing through. Warranty is only 12 months and La-z-boy refuses to do anything after warranty expires. Call store referred me to customer service. Will not help you after warranty time had expired. No discount, no nothing. I truly recommend that anybody looking for recliners or furniture don't buy from La-Z-Boy it is not worth the money and customer service is worthless. Stay way from La-Z-Boy furniture IT WILL NOT LAST.

delivery charges

I purchased a recliner from our local store in North Aurora and was told the delivery charge would be $59.99. After a discussion with my husband he said he would pick it up. I called and was told I would have to go to the Bolingbrook store which is not real close to our home to pick it up or pay a $35 charge to pick it up at our local store. Who delivers the chairs to the local store? Why should customer have to pay to pick up locally? What a rip. This is my last purchase from LazBoy.

• Pe
    pepin eagles Oct 20, 2008

I certainly agree that retailers are deceptive in their pricing when they add on delivery charges on products they display in the store. At a minimum, additional delivery charge policies should be conspicuously posted to warn the customer.

We tried to purchase furniture at Rooms-To-Go and were told nothing about the delivery charge until it was added to the bill-of-sale. When it was questioned, we were told that it is from the warehouse 60 miles away.

Guess what? No sale-they wasted their time and mine writing up the sale and trying to pull one over on us. We have never gone back to a Rooms-To-Go for anything.

We have a Savon Furniture in our area that we found does the same thing. Again, we turned our backs on the salesman and bought elsewhere.

When you run across these businesses, you need to show them your back and not your wallet.

jaxiegirl6 Feb 09, 2015

Our "pick up at the store" fee was $40 ( $80 for delivery to our home.) . Even thought I really liked the recliner and consider buying two, my husband could not believe that they had the nerve to charge a fee for him to pick it up at their store! Needless to say, he asked for the order form that already had it written up on and told them to keep the chairs and that he would never buy anything from them, ever. We then walked out in total agreement that it was a scam and we would never return to a Lazboy store.

terrible experience

We purchased a sectional sofa from this store on 9/4/06 and it was delivered on 11/13/06. We were told all of...

this company is a legal thief

I special ordered a sofa and loveseat from Lazeboy last August, 2007. I finally received everything I ordered in November, 2007.

When the order arrived I was stunned to see that the napped fabric I special ordered was put on the furniture in different directions, making the sofa and loveseat have a light and dark effect. It's VERY noticeable. Some cushions are very dark, and others are shaded very light. The upholsterer must have either NOT cared about how he did the job, or he was NOT familiar with covering furniture with napped fabric.

In addition to all this, the seams are coming apart, there are flaws running thru the fabric, and there are a couple of holes on the inside portion of the loveseat.

I wish I had checked the internet before buying the furniture. We took the owner to small claims court, but miraculously she won!! So, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Lazeboy does NOT produce the quality products it once did, and they do NOT care about fixing problems that come up. I am now stuck with $3200.00 of furniture that I haven't even sat on yet, and get sick to my stomach every time I look at it. I feel totally ripped off, and hope that someone will read this and not make the same mistake I did.

Do NOT purchase from the Stockton, CA store. In fact, I would recommend NOT purchasing ANY Lazeyboy product, as they do NOT care about the quality of their workmanship. They also do NOT give out a warranty card UNTIL your furniture is delivered. So, if you must purchase this brand, make sure you READ every line of your contract, and ask to see the warranty BEFORE the purchase.

cheap fabric and mechanisms

I always owned lazyboy furniture and loved it, but not no more, I bought a sofa and recliner that they talked...

warranty deception

Complaint: La-z-boy Inc. Regarding power recliners - Purchased 8-5-2008-Warranty deception.

This recliner has been repaired so many times I cannot count.

1. Day recliner delivered it had to have the left side replaced, and I complained that recliner going back there was a clunk. I was told it needed a period of adjustment. I later found that the bracket on the right side was not on the track, I also said the chair was not level and tilting to the right side. I was told it was the way I was sitting. Later repair man found a bracket had been installed 1 inch higher that the other side.

2. They then replaced a bent bolt and bracket.

3. Another time they decided to replace the lower steel frame when done the chair was not square with the frame. The repair man just shook his head. It was not the repairman fault just a poorly built recliner. He said the recliners often needed to be squared up.

4. It has been brought with parts falling out of it, on two occasions.

5. The last four times they sat the chair down and had to take it right back to their shop.

There was a crack with pieces flying out, I was told due to the chair out of square and that was why the motor and bracket needed to be replaced another 2 week wait for parts. Two weeks later wrong motor and bracket. Another 2 weeks wait for another motor and bracket.

Then the leg lift stopped working. It went part way up and stopped.

Now La-z-boy says I modified recliner. This heavy recliner sits on 4 bolts with enlarged heads. It was making deep marks in the carpeting. So I unscrewed bolts put 3/4 x 10 under rails, drilled holes in wood same location as where bolts go back into steel rails re-screwed in bolts. Now La-z-boy says modified chair-- is essence GO TO HELL. Based on their warranty if you safety pin a cloth on headrest you have modified warranty nullifying Warranty. So go Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, Frigidaire, various lending institutes (screw customer-Then???) I Believe so goes La-z-boy. Now store has my money and I was told they sold the defective (constantly repaired) chair they sold me. Looks like small claims court-if I can find an intelligent Judge.

sagging and squeeking couch

We bought what we thought was a sofa & chair that would last us for at least 10 years.WRONG::::: Our...

never again

I got my chair from the lazyboy store at 161000 southwest freeway in Sugarland on July 22,2005.I had a...

nail or tack sticking out of armrest!

Purchased a reclining chair on October 3, 2007. Shortly thereafter noticed that a tack or nail was about to...

canadians takes a note!

Myself, wife and 3 kids are from ontario canada and traveled 1. 5 hours drive to this store which we researched online. Upon arrival we where met by several high pressure sales people but the one stuck with us thru our trip in the store. She showed us several pieces of furniture with allot of impatience for us to make a decision on one of the sets she had shown us. My gut feeling was to walk out but i had the wife and kids and i stuck it out. When i asked for a bottom line price on a couple of different sets she would walk away and come back with a price. At times it was higher than the price advertised and sometimes lower. I asked why, and she said that it was because it is a group set. Other times she would give me a price and come back later and it was 60 and 80 dollars cheaper than the first time??Go figure, this should have been a red flag, price would vary and drop the longer we where in the store!!She was desperate for a sale and really started to put pressure on my wife, and i knew she want to sell so i went after a really nice lazyboy set, to which she had priced up and down from the original price advertised. At one point she was high, and i gave her some grief, she would walked away and came back with a lower one. This went on for 20 minutes. She also informed me that we live on the other side of their delivery area in canada, by about 35 min. drive time and that they would not drive to our home and we would meet them in the nearest big city of london. Fine i said i will arrange a truck and meet them there, for a cost of 80 dollars. I informed her that if they delivered to my home i would purchase a 1200 dollar electric fireplace. She said that if she could arrange this she would call but as of now the delivery was to london only. Finally it was a done deal and she needed a manager for something and off i went to pay. I had to go to another person to pay. When i went to pay she had me down for 2 loveseats and a chair i wanted a couch and love seat and a chair so i had to pay another 80 dollars more than the price she didnt tell me about. After i payed , the cashier informs me that the furniture will not be in until the end of dec. , 4 weeks away, fine so be it. Three weeks go by and i get a phone call for the sales woman and she tells me that if i take the electric fire place she could maybe have some leverage with the regional boss and i could possibly get the furniture delivered and set up right in my home. Great , i said if u could do this go ahead , it could be delivered by the end of the week it is sitting in storage. I get another call from another flunkey sales rep. and he tells me they will delivery for 240 dollars and i must buy the fireplace. He gives me a price for the fireplace and extra delivery charge and it is more than 100 dollars than the quote for our original sale price from the woman sales rep. I inform him of the error and he corrects it and apologizes. I have been hearing allot of apologies lately. Lets get the ball rolling I WANT MY FURNITURE!!So i pay the money. I get another call from some type of manager and she tells me that the furniture with be contracted to another carrier and will be dropped off at my home sometime in the next 2 months!!!And it will not be set up i must do it myself and if anything is wrong with it i must take it back to the store myself. In the mean time i have sold my old furniture in anticipation that i would have the new stuff that week. I inform her of this and again another we apologize. I asked why they wont go another 35 minutes past their range for a customer that just paid another 240 dollars for delivery and purchased 4000 dollars in product?She said thats their policy. So i politely tell her i want a refund. I hope any Canadian takes note and that our USA brothers and sisters heed this warning.

• Ba
    Barbara Fischer Jan 27, 2008

Did you get your refund? I am going to take them to court for $4,000 worth of horrible furnitue I bought.

bad customer service!

I spent $4372.00 for 2 recliner couches and one swivel recliner chair. The fabric looks like it is 3 year...