Having problems with La-Z-Boy?

+1 800 375 6890 (Customer Service)
+1 855 802 6636 (Warranty Inquiries)
+44 162 851 3810 (United Kingdom)
+855 77 366 168 (Cambodia)
+852 23 336 281 (Hong Kong)
+62 216 667 5933 (Indonesia)
+81 453 114 001 (Japan, Yokohama)
+81 355 305 555 (Japan, Tokyo)
+81 486 226 071 (Japan, Saitama)
+81 523 835 555 (Japan, Nagoya)
+60 377 185 200 (Malaysia, Petaling Jaya)
+60 84 320 288 (Malaysia, Sarawak)
+95 19 669 545 (Myanmar)
+92 213 529 5115 (Pakistan)
+63 470 920 103 (Philippines)
+65 63 119 988 (Singapore)
+82 317 182 293 (South Korea)
+66 23 760 940 (Thailand)
+84 854 136 661 (Vietnam)
One La-Z-Boy Dr.
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The United Kingdom
Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1BU

Brunei
Regent Square, Unit 15/16/17, SPG 150, Kiulap, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam BE1518
Fax: +67 32 232 398

Cambodia
  • 314, Monivong Blvd, Chatomuk, Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
  • № A3-A5, National Road No.4, Chom Chao, Doun Koa, Phnom Pehn
Guam
177C Ilipog Drive Tamuning, Guam, 96913

Hong Kong
1-3/F, 275 Chatham Road North, Hunghom, (MTR Ho Man Tin Station Exit B1)

India

Japan
  • 3-126 Motomachi Naka-ku, Yokohama-city, Kanagawa, Japan
  • Tokyo Fashion Town Building East Wing, 3-6-11 Ariake Koto-ku, Tokyo Japan
  • 5-1555 Mihashi Nishi-ku, Saitama city, Saitama prefecture 331-8511, Japan
  • Furniture Dome Nagoya HQs 2-7 Kinjyofuto, Minato-ku, Nagoya city, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Malaysia
  • IPC Shopping Centre. Unit F3, 1st Floor, № 1 Jalan PJU 7/2, Mutiara Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
  • № 9-12, Ground Floor, Jalan Merdeka Barat, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Myanmar
№ 6, Shwe Mar Lar Yeikmon, Ba Yint Naung Road, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Pakistan
Showroom № 4, Plot № 16-C, 6th Com. Lane, Zamzama, D.H.A. Phase V, Karachi, Pakistan
Fax: +92 213 587 6010

South Korea
597-1 Shinhyun-ri, Ohpo-eub, Kwang-ju-city, Kyounggi-do, South Korea
Fax: +82 317 184 904

Taiwan
6F, № 23, Hsin-Hu 3RD Road, Taipei City 114, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Fax: +88 628 791 3334

Thailand
2991/12 Ladprao 101/3 Road, Klongjan, Bangkapi, Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Fax: +66 23 703 156

Vietnam
The Crescent, 109-111, Ton Dat Tien Avenue, Phu My Hung New City Centre, District 7, HCMC, Vietnam
Fax: +84 854 136 659

Complaints & Reviews

not standing behind craftsmanship of product

Purchased leather living room furniture in 2009. Purchased the Guardsman Protection plan. The color is literally wiping off the arm of the loveseat. Sent a form to Guardsman, they returned a letter stating it was not covered. Talked to several at the store, after one year the material is not covered!!! This is not cheap furniture as we paid $5, 000 for the set. I am totally shocked that La Z Boy will not stand behind the qualoity and craftsmanship of the products they sell. They have gotten their last dollar from me. I could have spent half that amount of money at any other furniture store. Now, I am told by La Z Boy I will have to pay for a leather repair person to come to the house and hopefuuly will be able to match and repair the color that is coming off. This is POOR quality when the color of LEATHER just rubs off!!!

macsmom Apr 05, 2012

Lzb has known about the issues with their leather dye lots for years but has refused to acknowledge it or do anything to help the customer since it would hurt their bottom line. As a former Lzb call center employee, I used to get calls like this on a daily basis and would always have to refer same to the corporate office in Michigan who would in turn deny the problem to the customer and basically brush them off and consider the complaint 'closed'.

poor service

I purchased a La z boy sectional. We were quite disappointed that after just a few months the cushions had become lumpy and just plain uncomfortable. We called the La z boy service and they were quick to inform us we were out of warranty. Okay, so I paid to have the lumpy cushions replaced. The lumpy cushions were replaced with some um-lumpy but just as uncomfortable replacement cushions. I just chalked it up to more good money after bad.
Overall, the whole service experience was very bad. The "technician" left my family room a complete mess. He was going to leave the old cushions laying in my family room until I objected. When I went to sit on the couch I noticed my wife’s hand made quilt stuck down between the cushions. I gave it a little tug and it came loose. It was later discovered the bolts holding the sectional together had snagged this quilt and torn it. La z boy refused to bear any responsibility for the problem, stating it was over 30 days since the service and therefore it wasn't their responsibility.
I found it interesting that La z boy subcontracted the repair to a company who then subcontracted the repair to another company, which probably explains the lack of professionalism in the repair process.
The couch didn't hold up very well, the service was unprofessional, and they refused to be responsible for the damage they caused to my property in the process of doing the repair. These are not the problems of a local La z boy dealer. These are problems which can be traced back to the La z boy corporate attitude. If you buy a La z boy product don't be surprised if at some point you become quite disappointed with your purchase.

• Lo
    Lorenzo Sep 26, 2010

We bought an expensive sectional from La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery. Since the day it was delivered it has been saggy and uncomfortable. I phoned and wrote a letter to the manager right away to complain, but received no response. Now, less than a year old, the stitching is falling apart.

Here's how it seems to work with La-Z-Boy. You go to the Furniture Gallery and choose one of the well-built, comfortable pieces they have on display there. You put a deposit on the one you select, and then wait for months. The one that's finally delivered to you is crap compared to the one you try in the store.

In our case, numerous complaints, (letters, emails and phone calls) to the store manager, and head office, were never responded to. In fact, the first time we got any response at all from La-Z-Boy was after I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I got a one sentence response from La-Z-Boy stating that the sectional "Meets La-Z-Boy's specifications" !!!

My advice to anyone considering a purchase from La-Z-Boy - take a good look at all the complaints on the internet about this company.

bad customer service

I recently purchase a $1, 200.00 La-Z-Boy recliner. When it was delivered, I didn't even think to actually recline the chair to check it over thoroughly. Four days later when my husband was sitting in the reclined position, I noticed the leather was rubbed bare on the back of the arms. I took pictures and headed into the store. I was told it would get taken care of and not to worry. Someone would be calling me in 24 to 48 hours. Someone did, indeed, call me only to tell me that I would have to set up an appointment to have it looked at by their "repair" people. I explained that it was a brand new chair. I didn't need repair. I needed a new chair delivered. "We don't do it that way" was what I was told. "Someone has to come out and inspect the chair". Fine! Have someone come out any evening after 5:00. "Someone will call you in 24 to 48 hours to set up your appointment." After several attempts to get a "real appointment" with them and not a "window of time", I'm set for six (6) weeks down the road!!!

On top of all that, I was told they may attempt to REPAIR my BRAND NEW chair!!! You've got to be kidding, La-Z-Boy! I didn't pay top-dollar for a repaired chair! It's not a year old, nor was it a week old! Get serious and read up on CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Pl
    Playtime Feb 17, 2011

I agree with MANY posters on this site...I will never purchase anything from Lazboy again. In Jan 2007 we purchased a recliner, at the time of purchase we also purchased the "extended warranty plan" for 3 yrs. Within 1 1/2 yrs the leather started to fade on the footrest. I contacted the warranty dept and they informed me that "fading was normal wear & tear". I sent pictures to show this was not "normal" and they still refused to do anything about it. Horrible, horrible customer support...you would think they would at least send a rep out to view the damage in person. Bye Bye Lazboy...your name should be "Lousyboy"

refund policy, was not honored

Paid for Lazy boy furniture and less that 24 hours later went to the store to cancell items for a refund, due to I changed my mind. They refuse to give me a refund! They told me I had to pick something else out, when I picked something else out it was $500 less, then I asked for the remainder as a refund. They refuse to give me a refund! Excuse is I made an exchange! However their terms and conditions state"if you request a refund within 3 days of when you place an order, we will refund what you paid us, unless you already receive your furniture." Well it is now 3 weeks, no refund and no furniture to show. Do NOT buy on a FRIDAY, they say their computer doesn't work on weekends and unable to cancell or make exchanges. Do NOT pay in full either. Once they get your money, they don't want to give it back!!

leather furniture

I bought the most expensive three piece furniture set for my family room in my very nice brand new home that...

faded head rest and reduce quality

We spent nearly $900.00 per chair on a Lazyboy recliner sale. The head rests faded after only 8 months. Someone came to assess the situation and stated that the issue was normal wear and tear. Please note that we chose Lazboy because we purchased 2 chairs seven years prior for approx. $565.00 each. The chairs look and work like new. The older chairs are bigger, the leather is better quality and they were obviously less expensive. We were willing to pay more for the recent purchase because we were so impressed with the first two chairs we purchased. I will never buy another Lazyboy piece of furniture again. Shame on Lazyboy. I have noticed that two Lazyboy stores have closed in our area. Nice move ripping off dedicated customers. I hope they are proud of themselves. Keep counting those beans. Another excellent buisness destroyed by corporate greed.

don't stand behind their customer service

I contacted Laz y boy to order a part for a laz y boy sofa. never mind that there was supposedly a lifetime warranty on this sofa, but I had to pay for the part and the shipping and do the installation myself. However after I placed my order for the part and gave my credit card number i never received it. I made a follow up call and left a message (as instructed) because they were too busy to handle calls. Never got a call back. I called again and got disconnected after a 15 minute wait (I was timing it on my phone) I then got to Holly and was understandably angry by that time. Holly cannot handle an angry customer- I guess thats not what customer service reps are for, and she disconnected me intentionally. Do not buy from Laz y Boy. If its too late and you are already saddled with a broken Laz y boy and you must call customer service, ask for someone else to help you besides Holly. She's passive aggressive.

• He
    HERMAN EDWARDS Jun 19, 2012

I requested a service call 3 weeks out. When agreeing upon a date, I informed customer service that I had a 2pm appointment on that date; and thus would REQUIRE an early or a morning appointment. I called 2 days prior to appointment and found that I was not on the service call list for the date that I had arranged. At that time I was told that I would be added to the service call list. I reminded the agent that I had a MAJOR 2pm appointment. Fate would have it that I receive a call the evening prior informing me that I would be in a 2pm - 4pm service call window. I reminded customer service again of my 2pm MAJOR appointment elsewhere. I was then told that MOST LIKELY the service technician would not be there to late, 4pm or later. Seventeen minutes to 2pm on date of service and 2pm MAJOR APPOINTMENT, I receive a call infoming me that there were two cancellations, and the service technician was available to come to my home. WOW !!! 10 days LATER I receive a call from our FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICE asking if I would like to reschedule a service call. I asked what happened to June 7th when told to call back after my appointment. No one answered. No one called for 10 days. Plus I was told to call back after my 2pm MAJOR appointment. And no one called. I was told that LaZboy couldn't have a tech waiting around doing nothing for 2 hours. So, my service call was negatively impacted by two prior cancelled service calls. MY FAULT!! WOW!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO LAZYBOY QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE? MAJOR CHANGE IN SIX YEARS!!! :0)--<<<<

bad service

I was told my couch was in to come pick it up. So I went to the store they tell me it's not here I need...

no sales invoice

Lazy Boy Furniture Gallery, westside Albuquerque, NM. After three trips to the store, they still cannot produce an accurate, itemized sales invoice. They refuse to refund my money even though they cannot document what I have attempted to purchase. Whenever I go into the store, the person "who does that" is not working. I typically go on Sunday afternoon when I'm not at work during the week. I called today to try to fix the situation, but no managers are working. All my interactions with the sales and management team are either incomplete or inaccurate. Now they are falling back onto a no refund with special orders - but they can't get the paperwork correct and complete.

pricing

I am writing this complaint in regards to a commerical that I had seen on TV about a sale on furniture at Leons. I wanted to purchase a Lazy Boy chair for my husband and I seen the advertisement for the chairs at $299, and it stated Canada wide. I went to Leons where I live in labrador City and when I inquired about the commerical that I had seen the sales lady told me that I could not get the chair for that price because and I quote " didn't you girl its a little more in Labrador". I feel if the product is advertised as Canada wide it should not matter where you live and I should be able to purchase the item for the price I had seen. We are frequent customers at Leons and I am now very disappointed with this service and I am now going else where to find what I am looking for.

rip off

I purchased a very expensive Lazy Boy recliner 2.5 yrs ago. The recliner had a lifetime warranty on the frame. The frame is falling apart and the recliner is no longer usable. Additionally the reclining mechanism doesn’t work properly and the material is showing a lot more wear that it should at this point. Basically it’s just a very poorly constructed product. When I requested Lazy Boy to honor their warranty they wanted to bill me about 50% of its cost just to come and look at it and for the probable cost of labor to repair it. The parts are free - what a joke. When I purchased the recliner they bragged about the quality of a Lazy Boy, how long it would last, and how they honored their warranty. Now all I get from the store I purchased it from and from the main company is the runaround.

I don't expect a chair to last forever but 2.5 years is unacceptable for an $800+ chair that is advertised as a high quality product. This is the second very poor quality recliner I have purchased from Lazy Boy (Arlington store) in recent years. It is also the second trashy product from Lazy Boy that I have purchased. After 40+ years of owning Lazy Boy recliners I have purchased my last. The Lazy Boy trademark no longer stands for quality. It stands for trash with a warranty that has no meaning. I cannot and will not recommend that anyone waste their money on a Lazy Boy recliner. As a matter of fact, I will go out of my way to spread the word about the quality and response to the problem I have gotten from Lazy Boy

I phoned the main company and received absolutely no customer satisfaction. I thought I was on one of those TV commercials where the purchaser has been transferred to the complaint department in some third world country.

la-z-boy furniture galleries rancho cordova

My husband and I made a “third” purchase of La-Z-Boy furniture in July 2009 at the Roseville...

chair is unsatisfactory

We ordered 2 recliners. Traded in our old ones that were very comfortable but the fabric was worn. When we...

does not stand behind their products

After two visits from a rep from the customer care division with Lazy Boy they have informed me that even though my sofa is barely one year old and even though they replaced the first set of cushions after only 3 months, that they are willing to do nothing to resolve the shoddy fabric and workmanship of this product. The cushions are mishapen, dont stay in place and the fabric is pilling. It has the look I would expect after one year from a piece of furniture I had paid about 10% of what I paid. Customer service was rude and non-responsive. They simply do NOT care. Don't buy from Lazyboy if you want quality or service.

• Ro
    rogs Feb 07, 2013

Nobody cares, once you pay. Terrible customer service, would never recommend Lazy Boy

lazy-boy recliner couch

I purchased two lazy-boy recliner sofas in march 2010 and from day one i hated them they were uncomfortable and just got worse, they were not like the ones's at the store. when i went back to the store I was told that I could not trade them in that the owner will call me. a month later a service manager called me and sent out someone to take pictures of the couches. i had him sit on one couch and recline and then sit on the other and he said "man you can really feel the difference, the wood is hitting you in the back." in the few months that i have had the couches the backs of the recliners have lost their padding and if you recline you get wood in you spine. if you sit anywhere but in the center of the cusion you are sitting on the frame of the couch, you can feel the wood between the recliner ends and the middle seat. you can lean on the side of the couch (when you are laying on couch) and the recliner ends seperate from the middle.
The manager had some other guy call me and tell me that he called the manufacturer and they have never heard of all these problems that i am having with mine. now reading all the different websites and reading that people are having the same problems as far back as 4-6 years, i know that i am going to have a fight on my hands to get the problem solved. the manager wants to put on new seat backs and "check out all the other claims" before he decides to let me exchange my furniture. once he gets done with that if the problem happens again the he will replace the furniture.

warranty / repairs

I Purchased tow Lazy Boy Recline rockers in November of 2008. When I received delivery around 8 weeks later...

Somers Furniture

bad quality & bad service

I bought two demi sofas from LazBoy less than 2 years ago. I figure out that the joints behind the sofas are coming out underneath the fabric. I figured out these when my daughter was running around and scratched her arm. They have not used any protection between the fabric and metal joints, so no wonder they are coming out underneath the fabric. I have 5 years protection on the fabrics, but unfortunately like any other warranties, there are tricks underneath the words. Warranty only covers the spills but not manufacturing defects; what a wonderful world. If you care about your loved ones, be careful about the Lazboy Demi Sofas. I thought I was buying quality from La-Z-Boy, but unfortunately I was wrong.

• Du
    Durand Jun 09, 2010

Yeah, I always though La-Z-boy was quality also. Thanks for letting us know that their producets have gone downhill.

I was looking into buying some new furniture. Guess I will be avoiding them.

don't deal with them

After being released from ICU for Back Injury... I phoned Jenners for a LIFT Chair... Deal was conducted by phone, considering I was unable to travel. This was a Lazy Boy Floor Model - for $1117.00 !! -- sign unseen. The sales agent assured me that it would FIT my body - 5' 7". Which it DID NOT !!

#1 Chair was delivered next day --- Controller was broken ... The following day they delivered a new controller.

Chair seat is uncomfortable - feels like I'm sitting in hole.. and the back does not fit my body ! My feet HANG off the footrest area.

After approx. 2 weeks of trying to get used to the feel of this miserable chair, ... I called the Co... explained the problem... and requested to return the chair and replace with another brand.

#2 - Called again ... since the "office manager" had not returned my call, as promised ... and was told that "since the chair had been in my home for approx. 2 wks, ... they could not take it back, ... as they do not have a Retail License for USED furniture --- and would have to DONATE it, ... could not sell it ??

Pretty sleezy way of doing business. !!!

I cannot recommend ANY Lazy Boy Products... . They're poorly constructed .. and of inferior quality, besides being HIGHLY over rated and priced !!!

Do NOT deal with JENNER'S FURNITURE, Fort Mohave, AZ

They could care LESS about customers' satisfaction AFTER the sale . Once you Pay ... you're screwed !!!

beware of special orders

I had to special order two pieces of a leather sectional sofa that I purchased from La-Z-Boy back in December 2009. I had to pay for the items upfront before they could be ordered. I was told by the saleswoman that it would take 2 months to receive the pieces. It has been 3 months and still no furniture. I was told today that I would have to wait at least another 4-6 weeks for the items to ship from China. Each time we contacted them, we have received a different lie ( excuse me, response) from them. We have been told that our saleslady was not in and that there was nobody else who could check the computer and give me an answer. I don't guess it really matters to La-Z-Boy at this point, but it matters to me, and hopefully their legal department when the receive suit papers from my attorney next month. Buyer beware!!!

they won't honor warranty

I bought a sectional sofa at La-Z-Boy. Two of the pieces of the sectional do not fit together. I have spent over a year trying to get them to fix the sectional. They refuse to live up to their warranty. Beware they are not members of the Better Business Bureau and you have no recourse. They actually laughed when I told them that I had a lifetime warranty on my very expensive purchase. The quality of the workmanship is very poor and their customer service after you've paid is worse. Nice salespeople but they have no say in what goes on at customer service.