Having problems with Lewis Group?

Lewis Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2009. The latest review Refund on 2 accounts debited from bank account after full payment made was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint telefunken plasma tv 43 inch was resolved on Jan 14, 2020. Lewis Group has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 80 reviews. Lewis Group has resolved 3 complaints.

Lewis Group Customer Service Contacts

800 228 444 (Customer Service)
+27 860 000 272 (Sharecall)
53A Victoria Road, Woodstock
Cape Town
South Africa - 7925

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lewis Group Customer Service. Initial Lewis Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lewis Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lewis Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Lewis Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lewis Group Complaints & Reviews

Lewis GroupRefund on 2 accounts debited from bank account after full payment made

Hi.I am mrs ME Wolmarans.I had 3 accounts with lewis.I paid 2 of them off early August.on the 27th of August, those 2 accounts were debited once again. After calling customer care, then only was the 2 debit orders cancelled.since then I have been phoning constantly about the refund.I have submitted all the required paperwork that was asked, twice.I even went to the Northam, Limpopo branch as was told so by agent working with accounts to get the refund.when at the branch, i was told they don't have the authorisation to do the relevant refunds.they spoke to the agent and I was told it would be paid out during last week.a week and a day later, 12 October, nothing.everytime I phone the agent is busy or there is some other excuse like paperwork, ID and bank statement.if the agent is busy, I am told that they will contact me.this hasn't happened.I am tired of the excuses and always having a story.I have been paying them on time every month, no issues.but when money is wrongly deducted you have to beg for a cash in bank refund.I would like this to be resolved ASAP as this is not customer care or value.I will also not be refunded by buying something in store for the amount.the accounts were paid up for financial relief and car payment, which is now short on 1month due to their negligence.

Lewis VanderbijlColour and service

This is just to let lewis know I am going to post this all over the world my family where the victims of there help the blacks and [censored] the whites and even when I try to put the complain in by there manager zadia it where ignored and so today is the day I am going to make this viral this shop called lewis is the most unprofesional shops ever they are the corrupt system we are facing everyday they are as usseles as there system and people can this [censored]tup company lie even the mannagers and there usseles directors are so full of lies that even dogshit can touch them if any of you people reading my complain and want to know more you can contact me on [protected] im more than happy to talk to you and if you also have complains talk to me I am having a meeting with lewis investors from next week that will be from 11/10/2021 so its time that people know what [censored] scrap company lewis is and im defnitly happy that there investors are going to listen to me

Oct 05, 2021

Lewis Group — Microwave and washing machine

Dear Lewis My name is Mpont Paulina Makhubo a daughter of a late Malefu Alina Makhubo. I think this complain...

Lewis GroupBed set

Bought a bed set at Lewis Kuilsrivier in June 2018 with one year guarantee and nine year warranty. This year in a June I went to the store to complain about the bed witch became vey uncomfortable to sleep on. We arranged for a replacement and then pay in the difference. The service that I received so far is not what you would recommend to your enemy. There is no follow-ups. Not even HO came back to ask if I received the bed or did anyone made contact with me.
      Jurie Koopman- [protected]

Lewis GroupLewis group and their horrible service pathetic

Every month I get a call saying payment needs to b made when the payment goes out every month on my salary date I've been getting calls every month saying they need payment when everymonth I tell them that the payment has gone off already the service is reali pathetic I wish I never took out anything from Lewis YOU GUYS MAKE MY LIFE MISERABLE and ontop of it all affecting my credit rating when I was a paying customer never skipped payment HORRIBLE SERVICE

Aug 12, 2021

Lewis Group — A bed

I bought a restonic magenta bed in april 2020, I laid a complaint to the store in january 2021 that the bed...

Lewis GroupMy house hold insurance not updated in to the system

Bought electric appliances in September 2020 and March 2021 and i report I have my own household insurance of which I am paying R 585 to my service provider, The sales lady said i can submit all the the documents so that they will subtract Lewis insurance cover.

documents submitted till to date no action Ian still paying triple amounts INCLUDING MY OPTIONAL INSURANCE COVER
          the branch is Richards bay,
          I also signed debit order but for two months it was not in the system I have to go and tell them its a second month in July end no debit order went through.

they delivered wrong items and drop in my house for three weeks and reported to them there was no action.

they brought my own appliance very filthy with tea stains.
          no body took an ownership and apologized for that whole nonsense.

customer ID no [protected] Sinikiwe Makhaza

Lewis GroupSinotec smart tv 55 inch

In February i returned a television set at Lewis madaden till today the television has never returned but im paying every month for something which is not in my possession so i find it not fair on me to be paying for something which is not in use or possession the television set was returned for about seven months now and money is debited each and every every month which is not fair.

Lewis GroupRestonic bed

We purchase a bed at Best Electric in Silverton Pretoria
              We requested the be to be exchange as it sounded like it was 20 years old
              The rep Alex did forward the Inspection Note to the store (Ref:AS10590) to exchange the Bed, however the store manager Stella does not want to assist us and keep on telling us to contact the Rep for the authorization number which is on the Inspection Note document
              Today we called (29/07) and she was rude and dropped the call on us
              Nobody in the store explained anything about the weight the Bed takes and they want us to pay more to upgrade, if the sales person did a proper job day one we would have purchase the correct Bed the first time.
              Stella the store manager should be held responsible to get the exchange and upgrade done asap.
              My wife is very ill and require bed rest therefore we cannot have them collect the old one before delivery in the new ONE.
              My wife is in a wheelchair
              MF JEFTHA -ID [protected] -CELL [protected]

Lewis GroupDebit order and you are ruining my credit score

Good-day to whoever it may concern last year on the 12th of september 2020, i took furniture at lewis store in pretoria hercules, my opening balance was r27, 441.97 before the dedutions were made, they started deducting on the 19th of october 2020 the amount of r1, 481.74, i have never missed a payment yet my credit score says i have missed four months without pay lewis store and my balance should show some changes yet it says my current balance is r25032

Debit order and you are ruining my credit score

Lewis GroupLayby refund

I had a couch on layby at lewis stores De Aar but I ended up canceling it on the 2nd of june as I had bought a cheaper couch elsewhere . It's been over a month since I canceled the layby but I still haven't received my refund . I've been calling and visiting the store almost every day since I canceled the layby but I'm not getting any assistance or proper feedback . Everytime i call or visit the store, the manager tells me that she will call me back with feedback but she never does .

Layby refund

LewisService from Lewis in Randburg

I would like to lay a complaint with the service I received from Lewis in Randburg, they claim to have a same day delivery of which is false advertising, I paid for a couch cash and I am still waiting for them to deliver, when I call them they give me all sorts of stories, I would understand if I was owing them, but I owe them nothing. When I ask for their manager they tell me that he's not in the shop and that he left his cellphone in a drawer, apparently they have one van for deliveries of which they should have told me before I paid for my goods, now they telling me that they having problems with their van. I received the worst service even some of the staff members were very rude.

Lewis GroupService

I have paid a deposit on furniture 4 days ago . There is nothing that the managers at the Lenasia branch can do to give me some sort of reassurance that i am going to get credit facility with lewis or my deposit money back. Kindly assist in resolving this matter urgenty

Lewis GroupSold a bedroom suite that's not even available

On 19 March 2021 i inquired at Lewis store in Richards Bay for a bedroom suite (SKU231895) that I wanted, the sales guy advised i can lay-be it since i didnt have the R10 000 in hand on the day, so i payed R4000 as deposit and told him I'll pay the outstanding amount at month end as i needed it for that weekend, on the 31st of March i went to the Store again to let them know i will be paying off the laybe and will need it to be delivered on that weekend, all was agreed upon, I made R6000 balance payment on the 1st of April, as i was done with the payment, they suddenly told me they do not have stock of the item i just bought, my first question was "Lewis stores sells us items they dont even have stock of??", I was at the store for a good hour with no solution, not the item i had payed for nor a refund of the money i had payed, mind you that this was meant to be a gift for an event that was on that sunday, but Lewis Richards Bay had to just disappoint, as if I should have expected any better, from that day i sent an email to the head office who until today have not resolved this, the Store keeps giving me a run around, im not sure if i owe them money or they owe me !! This is the first and most certainly the last time i buy from Lewis, im beyond angry and frustrated by the fact that i must run around people who deliberately sold me something they dont have and cant even refund me back my money. How long should i wait for this to be delivered, I meant out of all the store in South Africa, this item is on Catalogs and display but the whole country doesn't have stock of it?? or the store is just simple scamming me?? how long should i be kept waiting, why no one is calling me to explain with a solution because im simply fed up now

Apr 05, 2021

Lewis Group — Debit order dispute

My name is Ennie Zimande my husband and i went to Best home and Electric in Middelburg Mpumalanga on the 27...

Lewis GroupBedroom suite damaged

Complaint about dressing cabinet becoming loose in June 2020 and never received assistance, in December of 2020 we got heavy rainfall which lead to more damage on the whole bedroom suite. An insurance claim was submitted in this respect with no immediate response from the store. Someone from the store came late in January and reported no rain damage which obviously meant this submission would affect the insurance claim negatively. Store manager and one of the stuff members became rude which led me to submitting this complaint.

Feb 18, 2021

Lewis Group — Complaining about regional manager

Hi I am dimpho nicole matrose in bloemfontein free state. Just received call from a region manager who i...

Bloemfontein

Lewis GroupService

I just want to file a complaint for one of your managers in Pietermaritzburg branches Mrs. Pillay. That one she is very rude to people you can never shout to any old person like you shouting to your child no matter how much that person has wrong you.

We are customers facing different challenges but She didn't even ask why my account is in arrears but shouted at me and also call my wife to make arrangements. My wife has nothing to do with my account, Yes you can pass a massage to her but not to make arrangements to pay for my accounts.

I am really disappointed with how you guys treats people in these days. I refuse to be treated like I am no one.

Jan 16, 2021

Lewis Group / Parow Branch / Capetown — Damaged coffee table

Good Day, Customer Service Department As a very irritated client wants to bring the following to your urgent...

Lewis GroupCouches

Good day

Good people we bought couches at Malelane Bears Furnisher Shop it less than two yes now the stenches and sami leather coming out to my surprise the Item was R29 000.00 when visiting the shop for assistance I was told that I wont be assisted from shop I must call the factory where M I going to get the factory now.

My Id for tracing the Identity of the Item or the proof of purchases [protected].

Can we get assistance please