Kohl'smail-in rebate

M Review updated:

I have not shopped at Kohl's since late 2008. I bought some presents including kitchen knives which were on sale by way of a mail-in rebate. The checkout clerk gave me the required mail-in rebate request form. Within the narrow time window I submitted the request form, original UPC code, and original cash register receipt. My rebate never arrived. I called. Three times. Despite promises no call was ever returned, much less the rebate received. There are many other department stores. I will not return to Kohl's.

• Ai
    Aidan Jan 22, 2011

Kohl's is not in charge of rebates. Rebates are handled by the company itself, or a third party hired by the company. You should be mad at the manufacturer, not the store you bought them from.

• He
    Hector Varela Feb 24, 2020

@Aidan It is bad business no matter who is behind the rebate. You are naive. Kohls offers it and should be responsible that it is handled in a correct manner. Stop making excuses for the company that promotes the offer then does nothing to ensure the promotion and the agreement they propose.
    People expect good and honest service.

• Ns
    nstegner Feb 03, 2011

I as well bought the cutlery knives with the promise of the mail in rebate, and I to submitted the original upc code, cash receipt and all necessary paperwork for the mail in rebate. As of 02/03/2011 they said that i have submitted an invalid request because they didn't receive the paperwork until 01/06/2011 which is well after the cutoff time...But i did mail it shortly after i bought them and i have a receipt from the post office showing that i mailed it shortly after i bought it. I have emailed them with yet to get a response. It sounds like the mail in rebate sale was a big scam to me...angry!!!

• Li
    Livermore Apr 15, 2011

Same thing happened to us!!! It was a cuisanart knife set. I don't care if it is Kohls or cuisanart. I'm upset!!!

• St
    stylepink Apr 17, 2011

If you are having problems with a mail-in-rebate, return to Kohl's with your reciept and explain this to the associate working at customer service. Kohl's has a yes-we-can policy and can adjust your reciept accordingly.

• Ih
    I HATE Khols Apr 18, 2011

khols puts video cameras inside there dressing rooms in mentor, ohio. They are disgusting.

• Ki
    Kimberly Coblish Frisbee Feb 23, 2017

I purchased several items in early 2016. In Feb 2016 I was issued a rebate in the form of a debit Visa card. The card had $36 available on it. Every time I tried to use the card from day one it was declined. Once at a restaurant, once shopping, once at McDonalds. No matter how they entered it and no matter if it was under $36 or not it declined. I kept putting it aside, and didn't realize that the card had a 4 month expiration date and a $3 a month fee as stated by their representative its in their 4pt font 20 page terms and conditions. Now I called and they wont do anything! Even though the card still has $21 of my money on it they wont reissue it! But they keep taking the monthly fee. I was told that cashiers must have been doing it wrong Yes 3 cashiers at 3 different places don't know how to run a credit card, because they only do them all day everyday. I do a lot of business with Kohls, but I have pretty much had it. I started before this cutting back on my purchases because so many items are no longer eligible for the promo discounts, and their prices are horribly high compared to other retailers. Now I just will shop amazon its faster and easier and customer service is much better.