Kmartmisleading advertisement!

T

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

• Na
    natalya nadelnichenko Aug 03, 2007

I was buying back to school clothe on clearance 1/2 of the stuff ranup higher than the regular price. The other stuff came up with the wrong naming on the item. When the casher told me that the prices for the clothe were correct and that the were not on clearance i told them to go check and they said they could not find any more of that kid of item and would not be able to change the price. Then i told them to see that the same item in a smaller size was less and was on clearance that i got it in the same rack, then they ran up only 1 item to match the same item in the smaller size this will be my last time shopping in Kmart. If they can not even keep trake of the correct merchandise under the correct upc code. I had to wait 15 min. and only 1 casher was working there was a big line. Bad service. Will not shop there again!

• Ki
    Kitty Carroll Nov 20, 2007

Kmart is the worst store to shop in Phila. and surrounding areas. They advertise items on sale and when you go to the store it's never their. It's always on the truck coming in next day is what I'm told. Also the help in customer service is the worst too. I can't say anything about Kmart at all.

Ann Alderson Nov 21, 2007

The guy at lay-a-way was kind of snappy as I was putting in my lay-a-way. He practically slung a shirt at me that I didn't notice was on clearance. But, the cashier up front was as nice as could be. You need more employees like her. Also, I was told on my receipt I;d have a chance at wining a $2500 giftcard for completing a survey. I never could find the survey.

• Ke
    Kenneth Scott Sr Nov 21, 2007

I understand what this customer has gone through, but my question is on my register receipt. There is a chance to win a $2.500 Kmart gift card, but I'll be dam I CAN'T find this website, kmartfeedback.com that is on my receipt. Advise smb!

• Pa
    Patricia Mann Nov 21, 2007

I have just "tried" K-Mart again, and I am once again disappointed. The receipt has an address/ website that I could possibly win a $2500 gift card by registering online. True to form K-Mart disappoints, I rarely complain and I only spend my time complaining here because it will probably be my last time shopping at K-Mart. I have never been able to get an advertised "great sale" when I go into any K-Mart. Just two days ago, 11-19-07, I finally got 1 of 2 remaining comforter sets , king size, in blue ( the only color left, and not my desired choice) and when I asked for any chance to get a green, beige or white comforter set, I was given a strange look and a probable "NO". K-Mart never has enough stock, or variety, and I am told by one employee that the employees usually scoop up the "deals" first, but thats O.K. because I still have Target, Wal-mart and Kohl's nearby, and I am probably going to return the BLUE comforter set, and wait for one of the other competing stores to carry a competing item. Shopping at K-Mart is a tainted experience.

• Ho
    Horace Beatty Nov 21, 2007

I am also have a hard time finding kmartfeedback.com what if anything am I doing wrong... Thank you.

• Gu
    Gus Tripilas Nov 21, 2007

I have a complaint. I tried to get to kmartfeedback.com and can not get it. WHY!!!

• Rh
    Rhonda Robotham Nov 21, 2007

I tried to do the survey and all I could find was this complaint board. What does Kmart want people to only complain about them or is this false advertisement. So where is the $2500.00 really at.

• Be
    Becky Peters Nov 21, 2007

I have also been trying to find the kmartfeedback.com website!

• To
    Tona Witt Nov 21, 2007

$2,500.00 I cannot find. Not unusual. I am always disappointed whenever I drive 30 miles to Kmart.

Mary C. Altig Nov 21, 2007

I could not fine the website towing the $2500.00. My experience with K-Mart in Columbus, GA is great. I purchase all my prescriptions there and the people are always so nice and helpful I just hope they are always there for me. I would not want to purchase my medications any where else.

• Su
    Susan Beaudette Nov 21, 2007

I have spent some time trying to find this Kmartfeedback.com site, no such luck. I am a person of limited patience when it comes to these types of things. To me this is FALSE ADVERTISING. You cannot find let alone get to this site to give your feedback. My question is "Is there really a chance to win a $2,500.00 gift card or is this just a sales gimick"? I am really shocked.... K-MART you have some explaining to do.....

• Br
    brenda walker Nov 21, 2007

I bought a few things at KMart in Statesville NC
    when I got home and started to check mt list I found
    that I had been charged more for a shirt then it was marked and this wasn't a shirt on sale.
    The shirt number was 82837616898
    the ticket was $8.99 and the cash register receipt
    has it as $13.99. I intent to take it back to the Statesville store and talk to the manager and not only do I expect to get my money but to be paid for my time and GAS.

Brenda Walker

• Ti
    Tim Pate Nov 21, 2007

I had a great visit to K-mart, but it seems that I am and others are in a non-directional loop that gets us to your usual complaint site. Is the one with the $2,500 gift card set up yet? There is no place to enter the 19 digit receipt number.

I also had no success in trying to add some reward points to my account when I followed directions. It was in a fruitless loop.

• Je
    Jennifer Mason Nov 22, 2007

I have been trying to do a online Feedback for days, it does not work.

• Di
    Dianne Buttles Nov 22, 2007

I had a pleasant experience shopping at K-Mart. Just had to wait in line a while because only 2 check outs were open when about 10 people standing in each line.

• Eb
    ebernheisel Nov 22, 2007

Everything was good.

• Va
    valerie k. gray Nov 22, 2007

I went to kmart twice on 11/20/07 and also tried to find the survey to do (2 chances to win a $2500 kmart gift card). Nowhere to be found. Isn't this called false advertisement?

• Su
    suzanne levitt Nov 22, 2007

It seems that I am not the only one to complain about the kmartfeedback survey. Will we hear from you within 7 days? I love shopping at kmart but this is not good for the rep.

• To
    tom wright Nov 22, 2007

I am trying to enter feedback contest. My experience was good.

• Al
    Alvina L. Ondriezek Nov 22, 2007

You should have an easier way to get to your survey. I visited store 4807 in Bear, De. It seems to have gone done hill since John Murry has left!!! Is there something to this??

• Bo
    bonnie wells Nov 22, 2007

Today is the 22nd of Nov. by all purposes this is THANKSGIVING. my circular said that the pearl jewelry was on sale Thursday only. fine, I wanted a pink, black and white pearl sets. Went at 11:30 am, and one was available. The white. Fine I took it. My complaint, the associates were talking that they had several sets of each and a lady came in on Wednesday and bought all of the pink, and black and left the two white for Thursday. How did she get this on Wednesday? I know she bought it, but, the sales paper said THURSDAY ONLY, NOT MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY. So why was it available to her? store 31471805 stone drive, kingsport, tn 37660 423-246-7179.

• Ta
    Talatu J. Emusa Nov 22, 2007

This is my first time applying to the feedback context and it wasn't a bad one.

• Be
    Belinda Vaughn Nov 22, 2007

I was at tkmart store 4196 not one time did the clerk
    acknowledge we were at his reseter he kept talking to the person next to him it was rude and I guest I will not be back at that store again and also were is your website for the CHANCE FOR 2,500 OR DO I NEED TO CALL SOMEONE ELSE AND ON TOP OF THAT I AM GOING TO RETURN ALL MY MERCHANDISE BACK TO THIS STORE AND SHOP SOME WERE ELSE.

• Ci
    cindy McKenzie Nov 22, 2007

I too have tried to respond to the survey request on the bottom of my receipt with no success. I also went to buy 2 grapevine reindeer tonight that had a sign posted for $14.99. They rang up at $39.99 each. When I explained that their was a sign listing them at $14.99 the salesperson became argumentative and rude to me. She never checked the sign or offered to call management. I left the reindeer at the store.

• Ka
    Karen Pickens Nov 23, 2007

WHERE IS THIS SO CALLED SURVEY?

• Po
    pokey Nov 23, 2007

went to kmart. never again. I spent a easy 400. You can see the monitar when your checking out. so you cant see what you are paying for things. So i have to wait to get in my car... Sure enough over charged..bought a jacket sopposed to be 50% off .nope full price.. I would of never bought it... Okay and what a scam about the feedback...

• Ru
    Ruth Horton Nov 23, 2007

First, I have attempted to participate in the kmartfeedback.com and to register for the $2,500 Kmart gift card, but as with the others, I have found no survey. So, I can only guess that like the sale I attended today where there was a Craftsman drill (19.5 volt) on sale for $39.00 that it's only a joke. As with the drill that was on sale, neither exist. It is extremely disappointing to make the effort to buy a Christmas gift that is truly wanted and advertised only to find out that the store goods are totally being misrepresented, as well as, the sales prices.

• Bh
    B Henry Nov 23, 2007

SAME - - Finally gave up trying to access Kmartfeedback.com. It seems to be a phantom site.
    OR SHOULD I SAY-- BAH HUMBUG!! ?

Charlotte Maffin Nov 23, 2007

I checked in to tell good things about Kmart and can't get the site to do that. I want to qualify for the $2500 gift care. Thank you. Charlotte in Idaho

• Ly
    Lynne Busby Nov 23, 2007

I have also tried find the 2,500 dollar feedback survey...WHERE IS IT???!!!! THANKS for WAISTING My TIME!!! I did have nice things to say about the
    employees in Fairview Heights, Il. Because of them I
    will continue shopping at Kmart! SURE WOULD LIKE
    MY CHANCE AT THAT 2,500!!!!

• Pa
    Patsy Mills Nov 23, 2007

I just went to the Kmart in Wytheville VA and they over charged by $20.00 then when I showed the cashier the mistake she was very rude and I just went to the customer service desk. Not only was I over charged but the lady that was with me was done the same way she was over charged by $15.00 and was treated rudely too. I do not shop there often at all anyway but she does and she said they were ALWAYS like that I dont see how that store stays open at all.

• Tr
    TRACIE GAOUETTE Nov 23, 2007

I ALWAYS HAVE A FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE WHEN I SHOP AT K-MART IN MASSACHUSETTS STORE #4812. EMPLYOEES ARE ALWAYS EXTEMELY COURTEOUS AND WILLING TO HELP NO MATTER WHAT DEPARTMENT THEY WORK IN. THAT IS WAY I CHOOSE AND PREFER TO SHOP AT K-MART. THE ONLY THING I'M DISAPPOINTED IN IS LIKE SO MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS IS A SURVEY FOR A CHANCE TO WIN $2500. BUT THIS WILL NOT DETER ME TO CONTINIE SHOPPING AT K-MART FOR THEIR VALUE AND WHAT THEY STAND FOR.

• El
    Elizabeth Boeckmann Nov 23, 2007

I cannot say that K-Mart has always disappointed me. I had no trouble finding the website either.

But today I went to the store to purchase a Norelco Razor that had been advertised for $29.95, an associate went with me to find it, but there weren't any. He thought it was a misprint in the Advertisement insert. Several more people were there trying to purchase the same Razor and were also disappointed that there weren't any. Being 80 years old, I learned these things happen. Anyway I still like K-mart. I found a couple of other bargains while there. The employees have always been nice and helpful.

• Lo
    LONNIE ANDERSON Nov 23, 2007

SO WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?? THERES NO SURVEY ON HERE. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KMART DO FALSE ADVERTISEMENT LIKE THIS OH THE KEY WORD IS YOU COULD WIN, YEAH RIGHT..... I EILL NOT SHOP THERE NO MORE UNLESS YOU PEOPLE START DOING RIGHT BY THIS. STORE # 3009 1712 S GARFIELD AVE, TRAVERSE CITY,MI 49686 231-941-0600

• Lo
    LONNIE ANDERSON Nov 23, 2007

i was shopping at your store got a receipt for the things i bought and it says to complete a a survey and you could win 2,500.00. ok where is the survey at???????????????? what a scam for people to come back . i think its called false advertisement huh!!! you people at kmart shouldn't do that to the public. we are the ones who bring you your business. store # 3009 1712 s garfield ave, traverse city, mi 49686

• Al
    allan acker Nov 23, 2007

I shop the Kmart store regularly I also cannot find anything pertaing to the feedback contest

• Me
    melanis leigh conrad Nov 23, 2007

Just looking for your survey, My experience was fine, I am just thrown by this kmartfeedback.com website..... does such a site exist to win a gift card for you guys?? I found your competitors' websites just fine when I had to do my surveys for them, but you guys just need to get it together..... sounds like kmart has a lot unhappy consumers, and this lie just makes it worse. Kmart, you should really consider what is in the future for the business... you cannot lie to bring in business. I'm disappointed.

• Br
    Brenda Backburn Nov 23, 2007

I only have 7 days from day of my purchase to sign up to win 2500 dollars. As of today, I cannot find kmartfeedback.com any where. Where is it?

margaret Annarumon Nov 23, 2007

i was really impressed with the lawaway with the service but i also could not finf the 19 digit sothat i could enter the drawing for the 2,500 for the kmart gift card. May be could help me with this problem. i a
    AM ALSO SUBMITTING THE 19 DIGIT RECEIPT NUMBER FROM MY RECEIPT....RECEIPT# IS 09527 111907 070 22159. i WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOME WILL CONTACT ME OR E-MAIL THANK YOU
    mARAGRET aNNARUMO