Kmartmisleading advertisement!

T

I noticed the ad for Kmart's jewelry sale, which states up to 70% off items. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they said that "incredible buys" were excluded. Well, that was fine. Then, I noticed a case that revolves around and displayed earrings in the locked case. I inquired about a pair. The associate said it would be around $15.00 (due to the red-tag sale). When she rang it up, it came to the original listed price. Then, she called in the jewelry supervisor who had absolutely no customer service at all. The supervisor then said that it was "regular price, meaning in the real world. Why would we sell real fine jewelry for $15.00?"

What irks me the most is that the red tag sale implies on all items (except for the "incredible buys). The jewelry supervisor stated that it was "70% off regular price." To me "regular price" insinuates the listed price on item, in this case $49.99. Thus, K-mart is misleading the consumer. They should say "ALREADY reduced 70% off." The former ("70% off regular price" implies that the reduction will still be applied when the item is ready to be checked out).

• Rr
    R. Rice Aug 25, 2016

On or about 10:33 am, April 14, 2011, I was at KMART Hawthorne in California. I was about to pay for my purchases at the counter when the Lady Cashier (not sure if she is a Mexican or Latina or Hispanic) said that she has closed her register and directed me to another Cashier (where the line was long). As I was walking to the other opened register, I noticed two customers came to the same register where I left and the Lady Cashier entertained them considering that the customers where of the same race as the Lady Cashier. I was so shocked and made a complaint to the store manager, who was also of the same race. Both the Lady Cashier and Manager shrugged off their shoulders and laughed. I was so embarrassed and humiliated by this incident as this is an issue of RACISM. Now, I am calling your attention to this incident because I firmly believe that your rules and regulations should apply to ALL regardless of race, name, sex.

Please do something about this incident and I like to hear from you soon.

Ms. R. Rice

• Ta
    TasR44 Aug 18, 2016

I placed an order online with KMart, and one of the products was from Sears. I paid via PayPal, and was billed for the total order (products from both KMart and Sears) with the payment being made to KMart, and was additionally billed for just the Sears item with that payment going to Sears. I immediately called KMart and customer service said that a refund would be forthcoming. No refund ever came, so I called again -- and was told that it is not normal business practice and she (Morgan) would ensure the refund. This was on 3/17/10. I never got the refund. I called again and was told that the request had inadvertantly been forwarded to a bad order file and that it would be resubmitted. It was never resubmitted. I called again and spoke with an online case worker, Josephine, who forwarded me to her manager, Danielle, and was told it would again be expedited and would be completed no later than 4/20/10. Today, 4/20/10, I called and there is no record of it. DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE SERVICE. The tell you what you want to hear in the hopes you will forget about it. I am furious and am contemplating legal action for no other reason than their representations are pure fraud.

sassyangies Aug 18, 2016

Tracy was the rudest cashier I have ever encountered. She used profanities in fron of my son and [censor]ed and moaned about having to start checking when she wasn't ready. She made us wait 5 minutes while she argued with her manager John who didn't do anything about it.

My shoes rang up wrong and when I went to customer service and talked to John he proceeded to tell me I was wrong and didn't understand the sign. I told him his own employee told me the price and even went as far as telling me to stock up becuse there such a great deal. He didn't care he just told the employee, "watch what you say to "these" customers". He didn't even give me the price that the sign said or what the employee told the price was.

When I told John about Tracy swearing and waiting for so long and having to hear her gripe rigning up customers he said, "oh sorry about that".. Wow.. never had such horrible service..

• Lk
    lklincicome Aug 12, 2016

My daughters and i were shopping at the store today, 07 / 03 / 09. They bought a bathing suit and tried on a pair of flip flops but put them back on the shelf.
    When we got to the register the cashier asked where the ticket was for the shoes they switched out. First of all, they put the shoes back on the shelf, secondly security needs to get their eyes checked. We were publicly humiliated and harassed. This went on the whole time we were in the checkout. Security kept calling up to the register.
    If this is what they do, falsely accuse and publicly humiliate then you deserve to be put out of business by Walmart.
    My son in law is a lawyer and we are going to see what we can to to tile a lawsuit for publicly defacing our character and humiliating us and also for false accusations.
    They need to get their information right and facts correct!!!

• Mr
    Mr.H.Parker Aug 12, 2016

Bought 2 containers of Wessons Canola oil and was charged $5.49 each and found out Kroger selling it for more than $2.00 each. I called customer service and was told "thats our price, you should know what things cost.Did'nt like the answer or getting ripped off.No more Kmart for me.

• Lo
    Lori A. Bierhaus Jun 15, 2016

Cashier Chris was very rude from the beginning of the transaction to the end. I had a $10.00 off coupon to use toward my purchase if I used my Sears card. She picked it up and very snottily told me that in order to use the coupon I had to put my purchases on my Sears card. I was not ignorant of the requirements to use the coupon and I did not appreciate her comments. She also was the one who looked right at the sale tags and overcharged me for the products anyway. There are many people who are looking for jobs, and let me tell you, they can probably do a much better job than she did.

• Fr
    FREDDIE DEE Jun 14, 2016

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I WAS AT KMART MONDAY 2/28/10.I WAS SHOPPING FOR LUGGAGE, I FOUND THE LUGGAGE I LIKED AND PUT IT IN THE BASKET, AS I WAS SHOPPING I SAW YOU HAD FLOOR RUGS ON SALE, SO I PURCHASED A LARGE FLOOR RUG AND A RUNNER RUG...THERE WERE OTHER ITEMS I SAW AND PURCHASED SOME BEAUTY SUPPLIES.I COULDN'T PUSH THE BASKET, IT WAS GOING ONE WAY, AND I WAS GOING ANOTHER AND NO ONE HELPED ME WITH THIS AS I MADE MY WAY TO THE CHECK-OUT STAND THE CASHIER SAW ME IN TROUBLE AND SHE RUSHED TO HELP ME AND GAVE ME ANOTHER BASKET..I'VE BEEN IN KMART SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, I'AM NOW A SENIOR CITIZEN THANK-YOU FREDDIE DIANA KELLEY

• Fr
    FREDDIE DEE Jun 14, 2016

• Oh
    OhBiteMe Jun 14, 2016

Are you ###ed??

• Gw
    gwendolyn dozier Jun 13, 2016

I tried to access the Kmart feedback.com web site to enter the contest 2,500 gift card website, and there is no such web site, this was very disappointing and very bad for business.

Carol Vinci Jun 13, 2016

Why didn't you post my comment? Did I forget to do something to get it submitted??

Dirty Tricks!

This had to do with an online order through K-Mart. I ordered on sale, the Sony Bravia 26" t.v. that was on sale for $550 right after Thanksgiving. I ordered it when it was still in stock then. They changed the date of my order, number one. Then they told me it would be delivered, which would now be 1 or 2 more days--only for me to receive a message TODAY that they were cancelling my order altogether because it's out of stock now! but they would credit my credit card. (I sure hope so!) and to check for other deals on their site. Yeah, right!

On their site, the t.v. is now listed for $699, about $150 more, but they're out of stock--temporarily, they say--and to email them if one wants to know when they're available again--except they didn't even offer me that in their message to me! Not only that, by clicking on the t.v., it says something like "pricing subject to change." So guess what? If they get it in again, I would probably have to pay the higher price now, and, instead of the free shipment I had then, pay that, too.
    That is DIRTY, dirty tricks! I should have a right somewhere here!

Carol

jan63 Jun 13, 2016

I had no problem finding and entering Kmarts contest! try this link

• Se
    Serena Rowley Aug 23, 2015

I placed an online order on July 29th for quantity 2 two inch blinds order [protected]. I received an order from Kmart that UPS notified them my order was delayed. I tracked the package and it was sitting in Horsham, PA since 8/3. On August 7th I notified UPS online by submitting a claim to find out the status. UPS called me that night and advised me it would be investigated that same night. I also spoke to Richmond via chat and explained my situation. He advised he would get his shipping department involved and offered a 10% discount refund. Richmond explained I would get an order status in 3-5 days. I specifically asked when would I get my refund and he said if the order is not fulfilled in 3-5 days. I received an email from Maria in customer service that a tracer was put on the order which could take 8-10 BUSINESS days. If the order could not be found a UPS claim would be filed and I would receive a refund. I spoke to Donald 8/11 which is probably the worst customer service experience I have ever received. Donald ignored my request and I had to ask to speak to a supervisor multiple times. I requested a refund and to have the item resent. He repeatedly kept saying he knew I was frustrated and not to worry I would get my money in 8-10 DAYS. I kept being told I would have to wait 8-10 days yet the email said 8 to 10 BUSINESS days. Finally, he put James a supervisor on the phone after I asked about several times for someone else. James claimed I was refunded on 8/9 for the order. I explained that I wasted my entire time speaking to Donald and now I am being he is telling me I was already issued a refund. I questioned his response explaining on 8/9 I was told I would have to wait for a refund. Meanwhile, while speaking to him via chat I called customer service via phone and spoke to a supervisor Paige who said their policy is to issue a tracer and until its completed that's when they can issue a refund. I told her I was on chat with James who said I was refunded she said no I was only refunded the 10% discount. I told James I was on the phone with Paige and a refund was not issued . James disconnected the chat without ending the chat because he knew he was lying. I asked to speak to Paige supervisor and she told me everyone was on the phone and someone could call me back within 2 hours. I explained I wanted my money back multiple times and I wanted to speak to someone else. She said she could put me on hold for 2 hours until a supervisor is available and asked would that work for me. I told her she was being sarcastic and I never ordered from a company who provided such service. If you order an item and its confirmed by the shipper and carrier the order is lost a refund is issued. Her only response was I had to wait. I requested a full refund for my order and Kmart needs to reevaluate their "customer service" standards and refund policy when it comes to lost orders. I could have experienced less hassle by walking into the store, yet I have to wait almost another month for this to be resolved so YOU can confirm the order is lost so you are technically reimbursed by the carrier before you can reimburse me. I will never order from your company again as this service has absolutely been horrendous. I was told different information by two different people and your supervisor lied about my refund and abruptly ended our chat. In addition, no one ever returned my call! On 8/19 I was issued a refund but not for the entire order.I was told it was a rare system issue and since it was through paypal I would receive a response by 8/21. On 8/23 I was told via email that I would get the difference I was owed by 9/5. I placed my order in July! I reached out to kmart online chat for customer service whom never seems to listen to your concerns only offered me a 10% discount on my next order. I explained this was unacceptable considering all the hell I have been through with this company. I can find a 10% coupon code online!

• Re
    Reviewer87289 Aug 20, 2015

The sign said 25% off Basic Editions on the clothing rack. When I got to the register I was told that it does not pertain to items ending in
    98 cents. That is plain stupid and misleading.
    I have to watch every transaction at Kmart to be sure I am not overcharged, from items in the wrong place to signs not down to the registers not having the right price entered. Then you get half a tree with your receipt. Dumb.

• Ta
    T.akagbobi1 Apr 30, 2015

I wanted to get a TV for my husband so I saw a huge sign in front of Kmart that said "Why Not Lease It". I got the TV and a long receipt showing my payment schedule (5 payments) and they said "here is your payment schedule" and NOTHING was explained to me. I found out late the 5 payments are just completing the "first Half" of my Why Not Lease It agreement. Maybe I should've read the receipt that was a mile long, but if Kmart is connecting with Why not lease it, they should explain it in detail to those new to this. I had no idea I would have to buy out the product or rent for another 18 months. It's rediculous! I got a TV on sale for $500 and will now pay much more than it's worth. I thought I was getting a good deal.

• Sh
    Sharon Kryscio Aug 24, 2014

I was in your store in Dickson City PA. Saturday 23 and I bought a Wind Spinner and two LDS Knit tops that were on sale 50% off the lowest price. When I got home I saw on my slip I was over charged. The wind Spinner was not on sale any more but the sale sign was still up and they charged me the full price. So I went back up and they had to give me the different s back of 4.45 that was not bad enough when I looked at the tops I found I was over charged by .50 cents they were the same tops only different colors. It would cost me more in gas to go back. Some one is not doing there job. My husband works to hard for the money to be ripped off by some careless worker. That is why your store is not doing so good. I use to like the store but not anymore. I will stop going there any more.

• Er
    Erica Studnicka-Hoff Feb 12, 2014

There was no one to ring me up. I had 1 thing so I went to the customer service desk and asked if I could pay for it there. She rolled her eyes, leg out a gasp of air and then ignored me when I said I could go look for someone else. Very rude and I'm not one to complain about the service I get but that was just terrible. It'll make me second guess ever Walking into kmart again

Cathie Murphy Jan 18, 2014

Very disappointed with product, souls fell off after less than a month of wear under normal wear. Not worn for construction type use.

• Ra
    Raymond Jackson Dec 22, 2013

Sunday ad/ all watches $12.99 and up 25% off...I selected embasyy watch, priced by signage $12.99...store manage would not give discount /Estamos Esucahando, , because price of $12.99 supposedly was from week before and no one took the sign down.The store lost the sale of several other items. and the attention of all the other customer shopping for and additional $3. discoupnt. The store manager was nasty and rude and would not give the discount, needles to say I will never shop in this store again. I don't place there store signage or pricing, but to lose a customer or customers for $3. today is insane. We all know K Mart certainly is no leader in todays marketplace, now I know why. Thank you, a very dissatisfied customer who also worked reatail in much better stores, thank goodness.

Tonya dee Nov 23, 2012

no we not going for mother of the ear award we are not strippers and sell bodys what made you think that also we only left her in parking lot for our.

Tonya dee Nov 23, 2012

First we went home and our her daughter and my niece was waiting holding my and her spot because we got bored and her mom came our later and waited in car because line had not moved and then i cam and they said she can call police on us for undangering my niece and this is not true becase not many people were ther whre was no cwored there. never going back. never they are bad.

Tonya dee Nov 23, 2012

also they gave me lecture and nieces mom lecture said my niece is not allowed to sayin line alone i forgot to mention this, theylie and say my niece is ten and i yelled at them for lying and saying she is ten when she is 11, they said still she is not allowed to stay alone in line at nite cause it is later, the manger cant tell us how to disciplene our niece it is our job not hers we did not want to wait in cold for son long so we and her mom waited in car and told her to wait in line and seh kicked us all out and said that we undangered our niece and her daughter so we dont be wrtuening again ever because of new manger.

Tonya dee Nov 23, 2012

We where at the Thanksgiving day sale my niece went and got in line at 9:30 then her mom came and then I came a few hours later will when I got there I hollard for her and the start screaming at me to get in the back well I didn't say anything then at 5:45 that start cussing me and I told them I didn't cut she save me a spot and they starting really cussing and screaming and I told them to leave us a long and then one of them new they manger she said I had to go to the end of the line I said u have no rules and I'm just one person what am I going to do there's only one ticket and I just want one thing the camera that was 79.99 and some other stuff but not the big items she told me she will not give me a ticket and they will not sale to me then they called the Police on me and said I cut thru line all night and I never said a word until they started been mean to us and they cops came and thur me off the protiety and the other people got to stay I feel like I was kicked out cause they new the manger and was treated real bad by them and the police I will never go back there and I shop at the store in Henderson, KY I use layaway and shop there always but I'm in between and they wasn't as crowed as that one

• Bo
    Bonnie J Sep 17, 2012

On Sept. 13, 2012 I went to Kmart.com to pay on my layaway. Apparently the web site was having issues and kept showing the payment screen. I thought that maybe I had entered my debit card number incorrectly, so I proceed to use my other (checking) debit card. Now supposedly I was only making a $10 payment but somehow Kmart.com sent 10 transactions of $10 payments plus 9 transactions of $1 payments (total of $109.00 hold on my account) all for a $10 (ten dollar) payment. I get on the phone today ( I received an email concerning this problem from Kmart.com explaining that all transactions for that day were cancelled and that they are correcting the problem), and spent all day with continued calls from my bank and the number that the email said I could call to remedy this problem. After I had been hung up on three times and had spoken to several people and supervisors, I was informed that even though this problem was THEIRS, concerning the web site, I had to call MY bank and have them send a fax stating that these holds were still affecting my account because of Kmart error. After I had them (my bank) send the fax, I was informed ( via call back to Kmart customer service... YES, I called them, NOT them calling me, with NO resolutions ) my other bank called me and asked if I had authorized Kmart.com to debit my account for 4 payments TODAY!!! I stated to my bank, "NO, I did NOT", SO I filed a fraud claim against them! NOW, I have to WAIT 5 ( I do mean, FIVE ) business days before this other matter (supposedly) WILL be RESOLVED...(I PRAY!!!) and will be able to use MY MONEY that they put a hold on. I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!! :0)

• Wi
    wifi8827 Feb 24, 2012

why would you expect them to give you a more expensive item for the same price?

ridiculous.

• Mi
    Mixes Feb 24, 2012

Placed an order online for an air conditioner that K-mart was proudly advertising along with free shipping. 2 days after ordering received an e-mail that I needed to contact customer service to place a new order because mine had been canceled. Was advised no stock available and was told that comping me with the next higher model was totally out of the question. I would have to place an order for the next higher model, pay an additional $50 and shipping was no longer free. Total rip off, they knew when they were advertising the unit that they had not stock to give customers just a scam to sell higher dollar models.

Joanne Jones Jan 23, 2012

1/22/12 I entered Kmart store 9808 and in just a few minutes I was so cold. There was no heat and they said corporate controlled the thermostat. I had to put my gloves on it was not comfortable to shop. I purchased 2 cards and left. I overheard another customer saying man it is cold in here.. I do not know what kind of marketing this is but it is not conducive to shopping in comfort.
    Excuse me how in the world can corporate from another state control the thermostat how unrealistic is that?
    No wonder we want for better shopping in the Bitterroot Valley.
    This was receipt [protected]. Yes I am a Bonus Member .

justmyself01 Jan 21, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that. I work for Sears and I can understand why. I have never ordered online, however, after hearing this I won't. That is why the company is folding, they are loosing focus of the customer and the people they hire in these positions that mess things up.

• Mr
    MR Haigler Jan 20, 2012

Have tried to return 4 items of clothing since the 3rd of January. All of the associates are very polite, but terribly ineffective. I have been told they will email me the UPS labels for me to return. Then the story changed to UPS will be receiving call tags and pick up the items. Then I was told I needed to put the items in 2 separate boxes because 1 item goes to a store and 3 items go to a warehouse. At the next call, oh they forgot to notify UPS to pick up the items and no put everything in 1 box. Next call with supervisor, you must wait until Tuesday the 17th & UPS will try to pick it up for 3 days. My UPS has already delivered this evening (the 20th) and he does not have any labels. I am on hold right now saying the only resolution is to receive e-mail UPS labels so I don't have to wait on them any longer. They want to turn it over to another manager and they will get back to me in 48 hours.
    Don't ever do online business with Sears/Kmart. they are the worst at customer satisfaction. No wonder they are closing so many stores. I will not be shopping there again in the near future.

juanita daniel Nov 27, 2011

I was waiting in line for my item, whenever A male customer walked up & asked if he could get something out of locked case, the cashier told him ok & called on her radio that A customer needed something out of the locked case! However then An other associate walked up and the cashier let her know which customer it was, This associate says to the man if ask me to unlock the case I will! The female employee stated again If you ask me to unlock the case I will! I took the time to report this to management! I did not feel that he thought it was important!

• Cy
    cyndi t Sep 27, 2011

i've been using the pharmacy for years, recently i tried to get my montly prescription filled and the pharmacist told me he was 4 hours behind. then he turned his back on me and continued talking on his CELL phone to someone about his car. they used to have a girl working back there with him and at least she would always wait on the customers and was always polite and helpful but they got rid of her. goodbye kmart hello walmart,

• Li
    lil keith Aug 07, 2011

was shoppin at this store with my wife n kids and had a balance of a 116 dollars and was payin with a gift card well it wasnt goin throu and this manger Jerry Yoder was the rudest mangment tht i have ever dealt with and because of tht i will never visit tht stre again as long as hes employeed there

• Km
    kmartbad Jun 20, 2011

yep i totaly agree with u.. kmart is bad.. its not even real.. im algertic to fae jewerly and they said nope its really white gold and diamonds.. i fell for it and now im pist.. paying what i paid and now breaking out.. im heading back to the store and they can take my ring back! for alli can .. and all i have to say is dont buy from kmart!!! bad bad.. its not even real.. its all fake!

carmela menyhert May 29, 2011

i was shopping then went to the check out line the cashair was rude i tryed to give her my rewards card and she refused to take it said it was to late
    and if i didnt like it i could shop else where . the manager came and said i could call and place my points i shop here at least 3 times a week i guess i wont be shopping there again the sales are good and with the points i can get things free but now its not worth going first time ive been treated that way at a kmart
    thanks for listening carmela menyhert

• Ka
    Karen Skiera Mar 20, 2011

I went to the Kmart gas station on 03/18/11 and the blue light was running advertising gas to be 5cents per gallon cheaper. When I started pumping gas I noticed that the price per gallon was not as advertised. I went into the gas station to pay for the gas and I brought it up to the cashier and she stated that the manager had left without turning the light off and there was nothing she could do about it. He would be back in one hour to turn it off. That is false advertising. Receipt # [protected] [protected].

• Cf
    C.FRANTZ Mar 10, 2011

I VISITED YOUR K MART IN NEWARK, DELAWARE. WHILE I WAS THERE I PURCHASED 2 JEANS ON SALE FOR $12.99 EACH. i HAD RECEIVED IN MY PREVIOUS BILL A COUPON FROM SEARS GIVING A 15% DISCOUNT OFF OF CLOTHING. ON THE BACK OF THE COUPON IT ALSO SAID I COULD USE IT AT KMART. THE CASHIER CALLED THE MANAGER OVER AND SHE REALLY DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, BUT SHE TOLD THE CASHIER TO GO AHEAD AND HONOR IT. NOW THE PROBLEM ARISES. PICTURING ME AT THE REGISTER WITH THE CASHIER AND THE MANAGER, THE LINE IS GROWING LONGER AND LONGER, THEY COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE 15% off. FINALLLY A UNIVERSITY OF DELAWRE STUDENT THAT WAS STANDING IN LINE, SPOKE UP AND PRECEEDED IN TELLING THEM HOW TO DO IT. THEY PROCEEDED IN DOING IT THERE WAY. THE STUDENT'S WAY WAS ACTUALLY EASIER. WHEN I GOT HOME, JUST FOR FUN, I CHECKED MY TAPE. tHE JEANS WERE 12.99, THEY CHARGED EACH PAIR 11.20 . nOW IF YOU TAKE 12.99 AND TAKE 15% OFF, THE ANSWER IS ACTUALLY 11.04 EACH. IT'S NOT THE PRICE THAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT, BUT THAT AN EMPLOYEE AND EVEN THE MANAGER COULD NOT FIGURE THAT OUT. THAT IS SCARRY. NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT WAS NOT A VERY FUN SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. JUST THROUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH.

• El
    eloopkcats Mar 02, 2011

I went to get a pair of eyeglasses and had asked the lady for a written quote, so I would know how much I would need. When she gave me the quote, I asked if there was anything else that I would have to pay. I had pick out the glasses I wanted and bio focal and anti glare. and made my appt. When I got there they started to write it up, There was additional $10.00 for drilling the glasses. I asked wasnt that in the quote, she said no. So I said then it was not a honest good quote. If your gone to sell something the first thing you want to be is honest with the customers. I left and try to get a honest good quote somewhere else.

Bob

justcandi1 Jan 10, 2011

I just wanted to post a comment and let you know that I had a pleasant experience at your Cincinnati store. Not only did I get help finding what I was looking for by the sales associate, Zelma, she was very patient and informative. She gave me information about the product I wanted to purchace and the ones similar to it. Her information helped me to select the product that was just right for me. I only wish that there were more associates like Zelma. I hope that this comment gets her the pat on the back that she deserves.

Sincerely,
    A very happy customer

• Bo
    bonniefancher Dec 29, 2010

i purchased a tony hawk wii skateboard put it on layaway i forgot to use reward card when picked it up cashier told me they couldnt give the points id have to do it on line. i cant find where to go to register them

• Er
    Errrrrrrrr! Dec 13, 2010

Kmart is very mis-leading. They say you are getting 70% off on their jewelry, but really they have jacked the price up on the merchandise so when they take the 70% off, you are actually paying the original price. They are not giving you any type of discount or sale at all. It's all false advertising. I bought some gold earrings in their clearance case and the advertisement said original price was $175. now $35. when I got them home I pulled the earrings out of the box and on the bar code on the back of the earrings the price was originally $35. there was no clearance or discount at all, just false advertising.