JCPenneyprice adjustment on apparel

B

I went into the JC penny. Location: lakeside Mall (sterling heights), for the sole purpose of getting a price adjustment on an outfit I purchased on June 19. Normally 30days is the cut off & no where on my receipt did it say anything regarding a cut off period! But when I got to the register the very Rude cashier instantly informed me that the cut off was 7days after purchase "DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT" she asked. Of course I didnt or I wouldn't be there. She called a manager via telephone to verify. Then said, would you like to buy another one its nice material! Really?! No I would not. As I walk off she asks "would you like this rubberband"? I was LIVID! What an idiot. I think her name was Mary, really thin. Fairly new to the store (I'm a regular so I know) she worked by sports wear/dress area. Feeling her incompetence I went to another register, she followed me. Then called that register when she went back to inform them I was trying to get a price adjustment as if I was a criminal trying to get away with something. I've never in all my life been treated with such disrespect. I am a black woman, she is white..I'd hate to think she was racist but it was pretty obvious. I have a JC penny credit card, I've shopped at this location and many others for YEARS. Never one complaint, I could not let this slide. Horrible experience. Just horrible & very disheartening. Its still on my spirit?