JCPenneydefective shoes

I purchased a pair of 75 dollar sketchers in January of this year. They have already started falling apart, so I went back to the store to see if I can get them exchanged for a manufacture defect considering I am still under the 90 day policy. I was told that since I wear my shoes everyday this is not a manufacture defect. They had a manager come down and say that they can’t do an exchange since I have worn them and they will be unable to resell them. I stated that this is a defect to her and same response as the associate. I guess you just can’t teach stupid.