Menu
Jack In The Box
reviews & complaints

Jack In The Box
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

743 complaints
76 resolved 667 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Jack In The Box. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:50 am EDT

Jack In The Box - wrongful firing / just a heads up

This is blowing up all over facebook in my town as I type What does Jack plan on doing about getting this young man his job back?
We are organizing a boycott as you are reading this.

Facebook post: Originally posted by: Daniel Ortiz
8 hrs · Bakersfield, CA
Well here we go again this Jack in theBox located at 3300 Buena Vista Road here in Bakersfield Ca,
A 19 year old boy was working the counter when one of his regular customers came in by this point the young boy knew that this older man was a veteran and had great respect for him because the young boy felt a connection with the older man because his older brother is serving our country proudly.
So every day this older gentleman came in for his cup of coffee $0.80 that is with a discount that Jack in the Box gives all servicemen and women... just so happen that somebody previously ordered two tacos and did not take them so this 19 year old boy offered them to the veteran and said it is not much but thank you for your service .
This young man was fired for giving away two Taco valued at $0.99 he offered to pay Jack in the Box back for them he said it was not right because they were going to throw them away anyways. This is a story that I feel the community needs to know you cannot punish this young man for doing what he felt was right in his heart .
God bless this young man and his parents for raising him right if there is anybody out there that can offer this young man a job please inbox me.
God bless all our servicemen and women and veterans

View 0 more photos
G
1:43 am EDT

Jack In The Box - incomplete & worse

1819 Main St, Ferndale, Wa. 9pm 6/26/16 No teriyaki bowls, because no rice & no egg rolls. I ordered a spicy chick-combo, chick fajita pita-combo & 4 tacos. That's exactly what I got, nothing more. No ketchup/taco sauce, napkins, straws or receipt. Unnoticed until home. Also the chick sandwich had a very large leaf of lettuce, 2x's the size of the sandwich with part of the core still attached. oh yum

1 comment
M
Aug 12, 2016 12:07 pm EDT

Had lunch at jackinthe box today. I took my fries back because I don't pay for cold fries. I personaly stood there and watched the general manager
put the fries I gave her back in the same steamer box that all the hot fries go in. I questioned her as to why she put the cold fries which I had
touched back into the same steamer as the fresh ones. She was very rude. She came to my table next and asked if there was a problem and informed me she was the general manager. I proceeded to tell her " I watched you dump my cold fries in the steamer bin with all the fresh fries. She informed me I don't know how things work back there they save them and count them at the end of the night.
BEWARE OF EATING ANYTHING AT JACHINTHEBOX. UNSANITARY!

N
10:30 am EDT

Jack In The Box - the famous 2 inexpensive now hurling feeling tacos

during my bike ride I decided 2 stop at jack n the box indoor dining area, which I never du, yet since it began to rainpour, I ordered them, as I was doing paperwork, writing etc as I was holding the taco still in the white packet I noticed a movement & TO MY STARTLING SURPRISE a " freakin" yuck of a cockroach crawled out of IT ! IF I WAS IN A RAIN FOREST OR OUT IN THE WILDERNESS I WOULDNT EVEN EAT AS PROTEIN! the dining area was somewhat decent, with the tiny nu décor & renovation, the kitchen area as u order & view from dining area was not no eye candy ! I returned the 2nd taco & spoke 2 the lady manager on duty she offered me another meal etc & then a 2nd assistant also apologized etc, I did appreciate their cordial apologies & was given a{ non red meat} sandwich! again I was disgusted, & there were others that had ordered tacos prior 2 me!

S
4:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I started at jack in the box store #6902 Nov 07 2015 the manager there was rude and thought she could talk to anyone how she wanted it . it was being ran improper and they like to gossip about what other employees were doing on their off time . after a while I was told by her and the assist manager I would get a rasie then she started training a manager...

T
2:33 pm EDT

Jack In The Box - my environment and the managers

I work for jack in the box in dallas, tx... since I hv bn working at this location I feel like im being harassed daily.. my manager hired me because he was someone I sort of knew of, who lived in my neighborhood and he was cool enough to give me a part time gig.. I explained to him that i'm a manager at mcdonald's and I only need a part time job!😮well things were ik on the beginning, then I noticed the change.. there's alot that takes place at this particular store but the story's are untold!?) my manager admitted today on may 13, 2016 that he smokes marajuana, I told myself I wish I could hv recorded him saying that! he feels untouchable, hes been at this location for 6 yrs and seems to get away with alot! I plan to talk to his boss first thing monday morning, praying for change if not idk whatelse could bn done. there's alot of harassment going on mainly n discrimination and nothing is being done, I adk for the head managers number but no one claims to have it, he rarely comes in to the store so I hv to kp dealing with the drama until someone steps up to fix this! money was stolen today and I replace it to kp my job but its not fair that only managers hv access to my register but if it comes up short I get wrote up and is not kool! situations are not being handled correctly n no one is following proper procedures, my manager is a gay man who lets it be known and tells all of his petsonal business to co workers! its hard not to show frustration when ur being mistreatef at work! something needs to be done!

10:52 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Did not receive items I had ordered and was charged for those items. Also waited 15 min. For order when there was only 1 car infont of me that was already at the window when I pulled up.

6:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i work in jack in the box on highway 65, theirs a new manager joined in like 3 weeks ago and being rude and making me clock out before my regular hour. I am just a normal lady and been working there for almost last 1 year. my old manager never complained me for anything. always done my work on time but this new manager is torturing me for nothing. i start 6...

6:00 pm EST

Jack In The Box - unfair working conditions

I used to work at the Jack in the Box located at 13738 W Bell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85374. When I worked there we were denied breaks, was told that breaks make employees lazy. Then a shift leader named Michelle started and we started being denied bathroom privileges. Between certain hours (when we were in a lunch or dinner time) those 3 hours no bathrooms breaks, period. I was also yelled at and told I would be fired if I threw out bad food. So I had to pass out soggy tacos and 2 hour old fries to customers or lose my job. We had to use rotted vegetables for salads and sour shake mix. That shake mix was always left out. I saw many occasions of shift leaders making food with bare unwashed hands. I was disgusted, I had to leave that job. Now Michelle is manager and denying bathroom breaks the entire shift. I'm glad I left when I did.

8:37 pm EST

Jack In The Box - foreign object in my burger

December 20, 2015 I ordered the cheddar onion btr j combo with onion rings and a small coke at 3:42:58 pm. This was from the Jack in the Box on Airway Blvd, El. Paso, TX. I was eating my burger on my way to Freedom Crossing Ft Bliss, Tx, to the bank inside the PX. I had not finished my meal so I rewrapped the remainder pof my burger. About 15 to 20 minutes later I was on my way home and I continued eating my burger and I felt something in my mouth that did not feel like food. I took it out of my mouth and it looked like a piece of paper that the butcher uses to wrap meat. I immediately changed destinations to the Jack in the Box. I took my receipt and the contents of the meal with what I had taken out of my mouth. When I got inside I asked to speak to a manager. I told hom what happened. I could not find the object so I had to go back to my car and look for it. I did find it and went back in. I told Edurado ( the manager I spoke to and also the one who took my order), that I thought it was a piece of paper, in the better lighting of the restaurant it looked like a raw onion skin. I told the manager that I wanted to put in an official complaint. He asked me if I wanted coupons or another meal. I said no, because when you're eating and bite into something that's not suppose to be there, that's sickening. I still feel nauseated. He told me that I had to call an 800 number. I got home and am putting in this complaint. I don't think I will eat at Jack in the Box again. I have my receipt and the remains of the meal and what I took out of my mouth. What I would like is $50, 000. Thank you for reading my complaint. Cindy Ross 8i5 Isabel St Anthony, TX 79821

1 comment
C
Feb 02, 2016 8:07 am EST

You sound like a gold digger. 50, 000? Over a piece of paper? Lmao

W
2:19 pm EST

Jack In The Box - price changes

I have went to Jack in the box Wenatchee, as a few times in the last few months once in a while I order the #6 comb a jumbo Jack cheeseburger 5.29 and it rings up 2.89 +tax total 6.38 today I asked why they said because I had cheese on it I said it's a cheeseburger combo 2 more times she said it's because I had cheese on it, then she said it's because the price has changed but they did not change their board yet how many months will I t take, I stayed where and watched as many more people were charged the price. Wes Tatum Wenatchee, Wa.

6:57 pm EST

Jack In The Box - behaviour

11/29/15 Me and my daughter, we were clearly telling them what we wanted and while we were ordering the lady taking our order kept laughing and having side conversations. She gave us the wrong food and gave my mom a rotten croissant. Horrible service if you ask me.

3:13 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have worked for jack in the box for 3 years and there are plenty of times i dont get totake my lunch. I work katenights and one of our main doors do not look nor does the drive thru window. Thats against the law and i am scared for myself and my employees but because of mycomplsints mu hrs got cut. It is really unsanitsry in there asnd i was told to clock...

12:59 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

10/29/15 What I really hate is when I go through your guys drive through. For some reason your employees never give sauce for the food we order. You would think they would ask if we need any sauce or anything. I always have to tell them to make sure there is sauce in the bag. If they forget they have attitude because I am raising their time. This incident happen during the night shift. They are never busy at this time.

10:13 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My friend and I have only one hour for lunch each day, this is why it is very important that you listen to this. We arrived there to the Drive through so we can take our food, back to our office since this is more comfortable for us to be. We did not get serviced because, according to your regulations that their can only be one order per vehicle. If this i...

9:54 am EDT

Jack In The Box - rude service

I answered a survey on September 30, 2015. At the end of the survey, I was offered an alternative to the "2 free tacos" I chose the "Buy one Jumbo Jack, get one free" Both night time managers refused to honor the offer. They called the day manager and I was advised he also would not honor the offer! All indicated that I was not the first to come in with the same situation, so they were aware of what was going on after answering the survey. What happened to the "customer is right"?

S
1:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I worked at Jack in the Box, Farmersville, CA for four years. I have been harassed by co-workers and the day manager. After being harassed, I finally spoke up, upon which I was fired as a "bully". The manager refused to hear my side of the story at all and as I left the employees of Jack in the Box actually laughed at me and made statements they knew I...

U
12:54 pm EDT

Jack In The Box - unfair

I worked at jib 76 the manager there is careless about employees has lots of favoritism among employees only her friend employees get enough hours to work while the others get cut drastically until you end up quitting (to prevent her from firing you) she makes you feel unworthy by telling you not good enough ...working conditions in that place is really bad ...workers never get credit a lot of the employees there complaint they are scare of speaking up ..because if you do your hours get cut, if your late your hours get cut, if you have an illness your hours get cut, if have children and their sick and you miss that day best to believe you hours get cut...but not her friend employees she talks to you like if you were trash even some of the team leaders there ...customers have even heard how employees get treated ...with disrespect rushing, you to get the job done...sometimes you almost pee on yourself cause you can't go to the restroom ..until they say you can...only certain position more important than others and depending on your position that's how hours you get...that's one of the reasons she puts you their ...but yet their constantly hiring...and when you ask for more hrs their none available ...but their always hiring that place is not a work friendly place I wish they be more helpful instead of always cutting hours ...me personally don't slack in any position I'm in ...when your first hire they tell you you must learn 3 positions then all of a sudder your running around like chicken with no head ...and yet we would not get not pat on the back..

6:10 pm EDT

Jack In The Box - customer service

Yes i went to jack n box in the city of norwalk ca on imperial hwy and firestone i gave the lady my receipe for 2 free tacos i also ordered 1 jumbo jack and she was very rude and nasty to me she stated that they dont accept receips for surveys which they do anyway she started to disrespect me and another spanish female around 5ft3 got really smart with me as if she wanted to fight with me she called me stupid and other differ words i which to take action against these employes of jack n box everyone of there employes are very rude and nasty all ran by spanish people.

F
1:29 pm EDT

Jack In The Box - rude customer service and manager

on 9/5 at approx. 8:00 am I tookmy daughter to Jack in the Box 7979 Broadway Lemon Grove Ca she walked inside to get her food and ordered several things and asked for a cup of water - the girl behind the counter refused to give her a cup of water said it would mess up the inventory? What? The manager came to speak with my daughter by the way her name is Amber she is 34 years old and he refused as well? She wanted a cup of water for her 4 year old son? We left went to another Jack in the Box 7015 Broadway Lemon Grove - drove through no problem - very courteous - ordered same food they very kindly gave us a cup of water for the baby? I have been going to Jack in the Box all of my life - never a problem ever- but I have to admit I have encountered several problems of the customer server workers being rude - and now I know why if the manager is rude as well? Resolution to problem: HIRE GOOD WORKERS AND MANAGERS ! We are the customers we pay for food that in turn pays for their salaries - if they do not like their job - quit there are plenty of good qualified people that do want to work...

3:44 pm EDT

Jack In The Box - rude & poor customer service from the morning manager

August 14, 2015

I went to jack in box at 14485 Moreno Beach Dr. Moreno Valley, CA. 92555 for breakfast this morning. I ordered a grilled egg sandwich & 2 fresh hash browns well done. I was brought out a breakfast burrito & 2 hash browns which 1 was barely warm and not cooked all the way & the other one was like cooked twice in grease to make it appear well done & very greasy & hard.the manager brought out my corrected sandwich and I told her politely the hash browns were no good and she took them and thru them in the trash can right beside me and never offered me new ones. she just walked away. I was shocked that she did this. I paid $8.83 for this meal, I had a ice coffee with it also.(your ice coffee is great.) I just could believe her rotten customer service.

Wendy