Complaints & Reviews

Resolved receipt

For the past two months, the receipts have printed so bad, you can't read the numbers to enter the $10, 000 contest! I have complained, but the manager will not address the problem and the servers are embarrassed by this. If you have a contest, the details of said contest should be legible, otherwise it constitutes a scam!!

TxAgent May 26, 2010

Their website doesn't have it, I can't find it anywhere. Not that I need it, but I was trying to be productive earlier haha.

TxAgent May 26, 2010

Yes I would like a veggie subway sandwich with all the pesticides and a side of MSG and HFC and maybe an STD.

TxAgent May 26, 2010

Why that sounds like something I may put my hands together for.

Resolved hair

My manager wants all females to wear hairspray. I may be a girl but I don't do hair spray. As long as my hair is put up and pinned shouldn't that be good enough? (along with a hairnet of course)

• He
    heather jeannotte Nov 21, 2008

i complained about the fact that my son got sour milk in his meal, instead of offering a replacement they tried to charge me extra for orange juice. i accepted out of frustration and drove away. i got half way down the street when my son blurrted out that he found a piece of hair in his food, i looked at a piece of short thin black hair, while i was looking at it he (i dont know why...hes 12 yrs took another bite) took another bite and found another hair! i e mailed this co they never got back to me . i dont want ANYTHING fromthem i just want them to know whats going on in this establishment. once again Never responded. i will NEVER patrionize this establishment @ this location ever again.

Sassafrassy Apr 20, 2010

that's funny because policy states hair must be above the eyes, out of the face and above the collar says nothing about hairspray you shouldn't talk about what you don;t know. If you read my complaint it says "my boss wants", not "it's policy." But regardless hope you have a nice day

they overchaged me and didnt seem to care

As an avid jack in the box customer i would like to make a complaint against the jack in the box located on poinsette hwy greenville sc. I eat there atleast three times a week and on thursday the 24th of march i was going though the drive though with my friend. I handed the clerk 16$ in cash and asked her to put the remaining balance on my debit card.( the order total was 19.26$. Instead the woman put 16$ on my card as well as took the cash. I did not know i was charged this much until i went to the bank and was told i over drafted and received a fee of 35$ for someone else's mistake. I returned for the next several days only to hear come the next day to see the manager. Finally the following saturday the manager was there, he took ten minutes to come speak with me about the issue, he was very rude. He told me to hold on one second and went back to cooking fries for 15 minutes right in front of me. I then got his attention with an excuse me, he said nothing to me walked over to the register handed me 16$ then turned around and went back to cooking fries. No compensation for my 35$ overdraft fee and being treated rudely, i would think jack in the box would treat frequent customers with more respect.

• Ki
    KixStar Apr 13, 2010

The overdraft fee is your own fault. If you were that close to having ZERO DOLLARS in your account, you should not have been eating out. Buy groceries at a store like a responsible adult and stop spending your money on food that will kill you.

• Mr
    MrRealtor Apr 13, 2010

And fast food places don't give a darn about anybody!

• At
    atymcni1592 May 13, 2010

jack in the box is awesome. It'll kill you alright, but at least you won't die hungry.

Resolved shake product not available

Went to the drive through the order a Jumbo Jack and a large Oreo shake. When I arrived to the speaker a...

Resolved more unsanitary practices

Went to the Jack in the box on Homestead and Bing and was greeted at the counter by Sylvia who took my order. A Bonus Jack combo and a couple other items. I remember restating my order to avoid what to me seemed like could be a language problem. We had a bit of trouble communicating because "Sylvia" primarily spoke spanish. After taking my money and making change at the register, she went to the back and began helping prepare and package food. I never saw this person wash her hands. GROSS!! I watched her package my own order. Next issue -- Then, I stood there as she put it in front of me at the counter where I asked her where the fries and cup were for my Bonus Jack combo. Sylvia told me that I didn't order a "Combo", only the sandwich. Again, broken english and very thick accent. At one point I told her "in english please." She went about cancelling my previous order of the Bonus Jack sandwich and then charged me for the Bonus Jack Combo. She never refunded my money for the original sandwich order. This accounts for the last time I will go to Jack in the Box. Poor sanitation practices and rip-offs at the register are issues that are not being addressed at the corporate level. Don't they inspect these places? There's no question this is the way Jack does his business -- probably everywhere.

Resolved sexual orientation/gender identity harrassment

Yesterday, the GHETTO THUGS Jack-in-the-Box calls employees were extremely rude to me at the Austin, TX store on Airport Blvd. I believe it was due to my sexual orientation and gender preference. The african-american woman who took my payment called her hispanic male friend to the window to gawk and make rude gestures at me. I have already informed at least 15 of my friends about this and am posting this situation to other internet sites. I will never visit this store again, and if this becomes a trend at other locations I will boycott all stores indefinitely and encourage everyone I meet to do so.

• Sh
    sharon Mar 21, 2009

I had five minutes to get up the road, but stopped to get a smoothie since I could see there was no other car in the drive-thru ahead of me. The guy on the speaker said, "Welcome to Jack-in-the-Box. I can take yur order in about ten minutes." I said I just wanted a smoothie and he said that it would be ten minutes because they were busy with other customers. I could go inside and it might be quicker! So, after I went to my appt. I went to Sonic for my smoothie.

Katana1 Jun 30, 2010

Jack In The Box does not hire folks for their IQ. There are bigots everywhere. Jack I hope you read this.

Resolved wrong order

I went in this afternoon and ordered 2 sourdough jacks to go.. They give me the oreder, I come to the house, and open the bag.. Ate one sourdough burger and got ready to eat the 2nd one.. To my surprise, I get a double bacon cheeseburger out of the bag.. Not what I had ordered..

• Es
    estaban48 Jul 05, 2010

order chicken sandwich got bacon burger with no lettuce or tomato as requested on the chicken sandwich

• De
    dee CF Oct 05, 2010

On Friday, Morning 10/1/10 I went to Jack in the box on the corner of Idaho and Whittier I ordered a breakfast burrito, I wanted egg, beacon and potato's. This young girl spoke clear english so I know she understood the order however, I needed to repeat the order at least five times. Not because I didn't speak clear english but because she was just being difficult to begin with. When I drove up she repeated the wrong order to me once again, of course I repeated my order for the sixth time. As she repeated the order to the cook she than grabbed the bagged order handed it to me and repeated the correct order to me and I drove to the parking area to check my order. It was no surprise of course she gave me the wrong order but to top it off it was what appeared to be an aged sausage, egg and ham order. Looks like she was keeping this one for a special occasion and I must have caught her on a off day. I walked into the establishment and spoke with the cook about the order, she cooked up my order in front of me and apologized, the girl who took my order wasn't around.

• Sl
    slwtx2003 May 26, 2013

You took the time to get on, log into a website, and complain because you got the wrong order from a fast food place? Call the place back and ask them if they wouldn't mind replacing it the next time you go in. Get over it. Call them and ### about it and ask them to replace the whole thing. You have so many options that don't include flaming and trolling like a baby.

Resolved slid my debit card wron, and put my account in a negative

the so called manager, slid my debit card wrong. then she said she didn't do it. so i called my card company, and they told me that she had in fact slid my card removing 9 dollars from my account. the manager then told me that she did not take my money, and that my card was showing a negative from the begining. she gave me a 1- 800 number ( which turned out to be fake) and said she wasn't going to do anything to help me, and did not make any mistake. So now it's a week later, and i called my card company to see if the money was replaced, it was, but only covered the overdraft fee that she caused. So they still owe me 9 dollars, and I still got nothing for my money. I will never go back to jack in the box again, and will continue to give them a bad name until i get my money back. what happened to the customer is always right? which in this case I definately am. and the entire time she had a horrible smirk on her face, she knew perfectly well what she had done.

Katana1 Jun 30, 2010

She has probably been fired by now. They are too stupid to be trusted with your debit card or any other card.

Resolved drive thru and wrong order

I order through drive thru two #20 One coffee one orange jucie the employee(abby) says two #20 right i say yes mam that right then drive to the window to pay my order $10.[protected] at 08:45:35am
then she says please park in the front we will take your order what the ponit of a drive thru then they bring my order 10 min later then i drive home around 8miles back home i get home have two #21in my bag i call the number in the paper they have the phone off the drive thru is locted in Edinburg Texas [protected] drive thru#262
to jack you need to pay more attention to your customers with out customers you are nobody?go under cover boss in the texas area and you know what i mean

• Co
    connec Feb 20, 2010

Jack in the box has the worst service jack wouldent care one bit we waited 3o mins to get our order and missed the hole cowboys 1st kickoff we sould have made it but jack in the box screwed it over.

Resolved illegal towing

I had made plans to meet someone at Jack in the Box for dinner, after parking, I when inside the Jack in the...

Resolved hard to under stand

Stop at our JACK IN BOX location, west highland ave. Went threw the drive-thru #199 it took around 5 to 6 times to understand just what the hellll she was saying. please please please put some one, any one that can speak English. It's so very much easier on your customers THANK YOU JACK I HOPE I DOESN'T HAPPEN ANY MORE !!!

MIKEHIGHWAY

• Bi
    biggerslick Feb 09, 2011

and there is your problem, you said she. I always used to talk to a guy named Jack that had a clown head and my order used to come out perfect every time. Of course that was 30 years ago when Jack really served burgers at the drive thru instead of doing dumb wasteful commercials.

Resolved 33+ minutes for carry out orders

I was with a friend who was also going to get food from this establishment. We enterred the store, there was one other group of people who were eating in the lobby, we were behind one other customer to order. We orderred our food and the customer in front of us was asking about her food about 20 minutes after we orderred. They had just brought our food to us which was to go, the orders were wrong, both of them so we had to send back the three burgers to be redone correctly, mine was not even the right sandwich. We were given the excuse that our food was given to another customer which I am guessing to be in drive thru because there were no orders going out in the lobby. The lady in front of us had 3 meals she was waiting on and they told her that her food was given out to another customer as well and that they called her name which they never did and blamed her for the mishap, she didnt pick up her food so they gave it away. I never heard Maria's name called, the other customer. While we were waiting 3 different people came in after being in the drive thru, their orders were wrong and needed correction. After 34 minutes, it appeared that they had fixed all the orders that needed fixing but never even offered to change out the side orders that had been sitting over 20 minutes. I just think that you need to consider getting some different people in that resturant, those people have no idea what they are doing or how to handle customer complaints. I and my friend asked to have a new sides and because they were cold, the lady said she was sorry and walked away. During this time the lady doing the drive thru stated that the drive thru orders were over 30 minutes waiting as well and was asking the kitchen staff what was going on. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any fast food facility in my life and would expect that Jack in the Box # 534 will recieve many complaints tonight for their lack of customer service and lack of professionalism not to mention their wait times for the orders that waited.

I have no way to attach proof but I will give you both the reciept numbers for myself and my friend who was there with me. Mine contained 1 meal which was enterred wrong as a number 5 meal when I said number 6 and my friends was 2 meals with shakes and rings. My reciept number was # 351 carry out order taken at 7:38:42 pm and my friends reciept number was #350 carry out order for 7:36:39 pm for resturant JIB#534. We did not leave that resturant until 8:09pm with half the food cold because they never offerred to replace it.

Resolved MOLDY BUN

I AM SO DEVASTATED AND VERY FRUSTRATED AS A REGULAR CUSTOMER OF THIS FAST FOOD JACK IN A BOX, PLS.DO NOT EAT...

Resolved poisoning food

I ordered a egg/sausage/biscuit from Jack in the Box and vomited all night with diarrahea for 3 days. I tried to tell the rep that the sausage was rotten, as I had to through it out, it tasted so bad. But stupid me, I ate the rest of the egg biscuit without the sausage. So the left offers almost killed me. Took me 6 days to feel a little normal but I am still weak. This is the last time I will ever eat at Jack in the Box.

I never received any kind of satisfaction in terms of them really looking at what went wrong. All I got was their standard corporate response which is to ignore the customer and their complaints. In today's world the customer is never right. I told them I was not interested in any refund or other monetary compensation but just to know they have a safe restaurant. I did not get any satisfaction in regards to this even after asking several times.

As far as I am concerned it is back to JUNK IN THE BOX.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Dec 27, 2009

The fact that the sausage tasted funny should be an indicator that it was not cooked well. Just don't eat any meat which looks green or grey either and you won't have this problem again. Then again perhaps this never happened, who knows Louis could be right and they fired you and you are disgrunted.

• Hm
    hmmt Dec 27, 2009

You can report them to your local Health Department or the Centers for Disease Control. When other people who ate there show up in emergency rooms and doctors' offices with the same symptoms, they'll do an inspection and maybe a product recall.

Katana1 Jun 30, 2010

Oh look at ALL the Jack In The Box employee comments.
    Jack In The Box is filthy.
    Don't eat anything there that has not been fried to death.
    Food sits around too long.
    1. Customer changes their mind so the food goes back.
    JACK does not throw that away he resells it.
    2. Sick employees come to work. Yep they sure do.
    I have never worked for Jack In The Box or any fast food rat hole.

Resolved got sick from the tacos

On 12-14-09, Around 6:00pm
I was late for night school, so my roomate and I stopped by the jack in the box near ATI. We drove thru got tacos 2 for a dollar. And ate them at the parking lot near ATI.
All was fine, until later that night after 12:00PM OR SO. I work up nauseous, and I heard my roomate barfing her guts out all nite.
She had bad diarreah also, but I was too sick to move. So I went back to a fit full sleep. In the morning around 7:00am, I had to vomit and sit on the toliet for about a half an hour.
I barely make it to work and had a fever and was just sitting all day at work, hoping I didnt get sick. If I knew what to do about sueing them, I would gladly do it.

• St
    stef69 Dec 15, 2009

You should've gone to the hospital ER to get checked out for food poisoning, not only for your own health, but also so that the county health department can be notified to investigate if the food in the restaurant is contaminated with something.

Resolved theft - double charging for cheese

Jack in the Box restaurant in the Centerville area of Fremont, California, has been stealing from their...

Resolved really bad service

I went to jack like 3 weeks ago. With 5 other friends we placed our order but it was not complete the cashier sounded pissed off so I drove to the next window, once their I told the lady which I believe her name was Yolanda that our order was not complete. She replied that's all you ordered and we said no you missed a few things, she replied with and attitude and said no I didn't. She closed the window and came back gave us our food and said bye and I told her our order was not complete she ignored me and tiold her that's not the way to treat a custumer let me speak to your manager and she said oh that's him right here which was next to her. I asked him what's up with your cashier that's no way to treat a custumer and the manager him self, gave me tha middle finger and told me ### you and they closed the window and where back their laughing, in the mean time I was checking my food and they didn't give me my full order so I tried to get their attention but they ignored me so I went around a busted their window. Charges may be filed at me. But I feel like the employees that where their that night should pay some kind of consequences too. I know I did wrong but Jack should do something about this situation because even though I did wrong that's no way to treat a custumer I believe they owe me an apology to better yet drop the charges against me if they do file them.

Sassafrassy Apr 20, 2010

you should of went back the next day and spoke to the general manager, and two you deserve to have charges presses against you/. It's not fun or easy to do that job, yes those employe's actions were wrong, but your's was worse.

Resolved worst place in the world

I went to Jack in The Box on Wurzbach rd in san antonio Texas on Nov 5th 2009 with a friend, we ordered some food to sit in eat at the dinning area. I ordered a simple burger with ketchup that I had to take back 3 times because they could not get it right. We could not sit long for the employees they had working were carrying on as though they were in a circus, very loud, cussing and throwing things around. I complained to the manager on duty that night, Sara was her name, she was very rude acted as if I had no right to complain. Not to mention while talking to me she was scratching her head, no gloves then walked over and picked up frys to put in the box, how disgusting. She could not even give me the correct change from a 5 dollar bill! This is one disgusting place, one of the worst fast food restraunts I have ever seen!

Resolved bad customer service

If you value good customer service and the safety of the food you eat, you will not go to this one. On nov 5th 2009 around 9pm I stopped in for a bite to eat. I sat with my friend in the dinning area for 10 minutes before we had to leave, we could not stand watching the immature employees they had working carry on as if they were in a circus! I ordered a simple cheeseburger with only ketchup and I had to take it back 3 times to get it right. The immature manager on duty, a rude manager she was, must say one of the most rudest ones I have ever seen! Not only was she rude but she could not count change from a 5 dollar bill. And she reeked as if she just came from hitting the bong. I will drive 10 miles out of my way to get a dollar burger before I will ever eat at that place, the employees were very unsanitary, the manager girl scratches her head then picks frys up and puts in the box, no gloves. It is disgusting, stay away from this one!

• Cr
    Cricket Walters Feb 26, 2010

I went to the drive thru at Jack In The Box 3101 S 1st st in Garland TX
    after waiting 10 min to get to Jack speaker i said " hello" she said "what chu need"
    i said "one Fish Sandwich no ff no drink" she said 5.39 I said "mam i only want the fish
    sandwich ..after 4 times of repeating myself..i drove away...angry and telling myself
    never to go back...they did not speak very good english.

Cricket Walters

THEN YOU ARE TOO AGRAVATED TO EAT IT

• Eu
    Eugeneblogger Mar 30, 2013

Jack In The Box - customer service 18220 Dallas Pkwy Dallas, TX 75287
    I work 3rd shift off of Dallas parkway, I visit this location at least once a week. I am lactose intolerant; I ordered 6 regular tacos and 4 without cheese with extra lettuce. When I got back to work all tacos had cheese, this is the third time this has happen in the last 6 weeks, the last 2 times I just gave the food to someone else. This time I took the food back, but did not have a receipt since I was not given one. Let me be clear it is 4 am in the morning, the attendant refused to replace the product since I did not have a receipt. This was the final blow for me. I will not be doing business with that location ever again.
    Sad it was only 2$ worth of tacos

Resolved coffee, cream, & sugar please

I'd love to like Jack in the Box. As far as fast food goes, they have lots of variety and some healthier...