Having problems with Hyundai?

Hyundai reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review services/maintenance was posted on Sep 15, 2021. The latest complaint used car purchase be aware was resolved on Apr 18, 2015. Hyundai has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 679 reviews. Hyundai has resolved 232 complaints.

Hyundai Customer Service Contacts

8800 333 7167 (Russia)
+82 23 901 114 (South Korea)
+1 800 633 5151 (United States)
+44 149 442 8600 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 609 800 (Ireland)
+61 288 736 000 (Australia)
+64 95 732 050 (New Zealand)
+32 34 500 611 (Belgium)
+45 76 322 000 (Denmark)
+49 692 714 720 (Germany)
+31 252 240 340 (Netherlands)
+351 218 548 300 (Portugal)
+41 448 164 351 (Switzerland)
+852 34 288 288 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 293 338 (Indonesia)
+60 377 338 337 (Malaysia)
+63 28 136 788 (Philippines)
+966 920 028 008 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 758 888 (Singapore)
+27 113 720 800 (South Africa)
+66 20 891 888 (Thailand)
+84 439 680 949 (Vietnam)
+54 114 799 0500 (Argentina)
25, Yulgok-ro 2-gil, Jongno-gu
Seoul
Korea (South) - 03143

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hyundai Customer Service. Initial Hyundai complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hyundai above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hyundai. Discuss the issues you have had with Hyundai and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hyundai Complaints & Reviews, Page 17

Hyundaifraud

On 12/12/12 I made full payment (Rs 551198/ plus my old car valued at 40000/ ) for an i10 car to Pramukh car riders, a Hyundai car dealer at prabhadevi, mumbai. Delivery was promised on 18th.
On 13th they took away my old car along with original papers.
On 14th, I paid Rs 4249/ for change of color.
After encashing all the monies paid by me, and taking away my old car, a week later, on the day of delivery, they demanded rs 30000/ more citing vague reasons.
They refused to deliver or to return my old vehicle or the money paid by me.
More shocking was the behavior of the Korean company. Calls to help line & reg office, posts on their FB page & Hyundai worldwide web site, e-mails to all possible Hyundai addresses, right from New Delhi to Korean Head office..all have failed to generate even something resembling a response.
I am in the process of filing a criminal suit against the dealer and Hyundai motors. I post this as a warning to all to beware of this shameless company and its bunch of fraud associates.

• Sh
      Sherloc Oct 24, 2011

I took my car in on 6 July 2009, hyundai's report was the wheel bearings that are still under warranty needed to be replaced, but they needed to order the parts. Since then I phoned numerous times & on 3 Aug 2009 booked my car in for its service & wheel bearings to be replaced on 6 Aug 2009. On 6 Aug 2009 I receive a call from Hyundai while my car service is been done, that the wheel bearings were sold to another customer. I had booked the car in on 3 Aug, where Lettia Williams said the wheel bearings were in stock, when I took my car in on 6 Aug, she was still aware the wheel bearings were there. Since that date I have now phoned numerous times again & made days avail when they said the wheel bearings should be there, but receive no call from them. I have now driven 8 000 kms on damaged wheel bearings.

• Js
      j.s. poddar Oct 04, 2010

i, purchased a new santro gls (Top model), on 15th march 2010, i opened the bonnet saw some defect in headlight, i was inform that its minor assembling defect. During 1st service on the 20th of april the service provider inform me that the headlight had minor injuries and i need not panic. But now when i went for 2nd service i was inform that my car had a major accident my headlight are repaired one, my front body is a duplicate body and even paint are made in local workshop. the bonnet has rusted itself. i am sure and i confirm you all that my car had no accident this is pure cheating by dealer/supplier of car.

Hyundai Car Dealerover charged by three thousand, horrible salesmanship

Purchasing a car is hard enough, and the pressures from a dealer can be intimidating and deceiving for any buyer that walks into a dealership. Having had dealt with many other dealers, I will have to admit this was one of the most deceiving of all dealer, Empire Hyundai of Fall River Massachusetts. They take your keys from you, and don’t give them back to you until you purchase a car. First of all I want to say that the only reason we were there is because there was an advertisement on the radio, they were going to give you a car for 199.00 down, which they never acknowledged and refused to admit existed.
    My complained is that Empire Hyundai over charged me $3000.00, the on line sale is for the car that I purchased, might I add that this is the price I thought I was getting in the first place, for $15, 915 that they sold me for $18, 415.00. They sat and bartered with me for so many hours, telling me I was getting $2300 for my trade in and my down payment of $2000.00 will be deducted.
    All they had to do in the first place was give me the car for the sale price and I would have been so happy, instead it was a horrible experience, they didn’t even give me the correct information on what was included in the car, such as Cruise Control, at one point the sales person called to tell me that my Ford Fusion need to be picked up, we did not buy a Ford Fusion, it was a Ford Focus. I called Paul, the Manager to ask him some questions, I have yet to hear back from him.
    Knowledge and Honesty is really what is lacking, for the Empire Hyundai in Fall River, I walked away with the an eerie feeling in my stomach with an overpriced car, I tried to walk away a few times but they insisted they would give me a great price on a car with 27, 973 car, all along I was ignoring my interwishing

Hyundai Motor Finance — check refund

In April I paid off my 2005 Hyundai Tucson which was financed with Hyundai Motor Financed and purchased a...

Hyundaigouging

Alot of people are talking about the big lie Hyundai used to increas sales. I don't know if it came from Korea or the greedy US Division came up with it, but I am very dissapointed. Like some others, I'm not as upset about the mileage as I am about feeling screwed. I work hard for my money and do alot of research before I purchase a new vehicle. I owned a 2003 Sonata that made me feel they made a quality product, and the 2011 Elantra was priced at $18, 400 on their web site, along with the $1000 customer loyalty discount, it would be the perfect car for my 16 year old daughter. When I get to the dealer, they're in such demand (because of the mileage lie), I had to wait till June when the 2012's came out, then they tacked on a $1995 market parity adjustment, and customer loyalty discount doesn't apply to the Elantra. So I paid $21, 500. I feel like a sap. Every day when I go out to the driveway, I am reminded of how your company took advantage of me. When I took it in for the mileage check in exchange for a fuel debit card (which excludes me from the lawsuit), I talked to the salesman about turning it in for another car, the dealer (Jenkins of Leesburg, Florida) has a Volkswagon lot next door. My daughter and I agreed to trade it in until we were told it was only worth $12, 000. Wow, do I feel screwed. Will I ever buy another Hyundai ? What do you think ?

Hyundai Bryanston South Africaappalled at bad service received

I recently (within the last 2weeks) purchased a car for R64000 cash from Hyundai Bryanston and am horrified at the treatment we received during this purchase.

The 1st sales guy who we had made the offer to on the 11th Dec went on leave and by the time we did the EFT payment the finance lady then went on leave, leaving us in the supposed capable salesman Mike Taylor who treated us with absolute disregard from the moment we arrived at his office 18th Dec which we called upfront to confirm so its not as though I visit was a surprise. What was a surprise to us (my parents and myself) was that upon our arrival Mike started gathering loose sheets of paper containing our information, telephoning Rudie the original salesman on the vehicle who was now on leave and while seated infront of him having discussions about 'how the price we paid is far too discounted and there's no justification for it'. After waiting a full hour for Mike to complete his paperwork, Mike then proceeds to complete other clients filing for a further 15 minutes before stepping away from his desk and walk around the car with me where I point out the items discussed with Rudie that was promised to have been sorted before collection of the vehicle.

Items pointed out to Mike included:
        1. 2 x dents (one on the bonnet and one on the door)
        2. A number of paint chips on the bonnet, drivers door and rear left passenger door
        3. The rear bumper which appeared too low as though not clipped in securely
        4. Aircon to be regassed
        5. Smash and grab tint to be installed
        Mike agreed and confirmed that all the above would be sorted out to our satisfaction upon collection of the vehicle. We then asked Mike when would be convenient to collect the car and so not as to rush the process and to ensure the highest quality standards would be adhered to we asked that Mike advise us a date and time which he confirmed as Thursday 20th Dec at 12pm.

On the 20th Dec we arrived at Hyundai Bryanston at 1pm, an hour later than originally agreed with the belief that an additional hour would have been sufficient time. Upon arrival Mike is engaged in a telephone conversation which lasts an additional 10min for his to finalise his call and then send the client he just spoke to an email while we sit infront of him and wait. After sending his email Mike says the car is being washed downstairs and walks away from his desk. Thinking that Mike has gone to check on the progress of the 'car wash' we remain seated at desk next to Mikes. 30 minutes go by and still no word from Mike on the progress. Mike has now started attending to another customer and has seemingly left us to wander around the showroom floor, after an hour and 20min pass the car is brought to the showroom floor in a filthy state, the excuse from the floor manager Phillip is that the marks are from installing the smash and grab which was finished just minutes before bringing to the showroom floor. I then start looking around the car, notice that the 2x dents have been fixed however the rear bumper has not been adjusted even though this was promised and confirmed. The paint chips have been dotted with lumpy paint stains and is so thick it will probably peel off in a few days.

I then get into the car and at this time so infuriated at this experience I just want the keys so I can drive off only to realise they've given me an empty tank, probably enough petrol to drive to the dealer gate. At this point another Salesman gets involved Chad, who I must add has been really helpful in his attempt to make up for the shocking experience. Chad proceeds to put R100 petrol in the car while we are sent to another ladies office (Lee) to sign FAIS and FICA documents which according to her should have been done when the payment was received and during this signing process she discovers that there is no invoice for the purchase and another 20 minutes is spent with the paper printing and signing.

After this we, my father and I walk to look for the dealer principal who conveniently wasn't around and get stuck discussing this absolutely poor service experience with Phillip who as mentioned above we've assumed is the floor manager, who proceeds to say he's so sorry and that's it! Really, we've spent almost 3 hours in this showroom with Phillip sitting in a glass office watching us get sent from office to office and after all the mess ups, he's sorry? I'm appalled at the service we received and when we finally left we thought this whole ordeal would be over, only to discover that they've lost the spare key and the car license disk had expired and that change of ownership would take a further 2 weeks?

The thing that infuriates me more is we have to just accept that this is the way it is? Why? Why should this be acceptable standards? Surely if one salesman is on leave another one assumes the responsibility regardless of commission earned? Surely Hyundai prides itself in quality standards and exceeding customer expectations with regards to service, or is this a poor assumption on my part? Why do I have to accept that the bumper is still hanging and could break off at any time and that the paint chips look like blotchy tipex dots.

I would like to hear back from someone who does actually believe in the companies standards and believes in them and goes to work each day promising to deliver on them.

Thanks & best regards
        Candice Swart
        [protected]
        candice.[protected]@yahoo.com

• Me
            Meher Khan Jan 26, 2017

GO and #### yourself you ### lady

Hyundai — worst customer service ever

I was treated horribly by the Sales Manager. His name is RANDY, at least that's what he told me. After...

Hyundairepeated problem gas guage

I purchas it drops down to Three Quarters of Tank of Gas 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe and have returned to Dealer Four Times Now. The Gas Guage after driving 12 KILOMETERES The excuses are different each visit from a hose to a sending unit and now they say get used to this .The car cost $41, 000and I asked for another New car. I have owned this car for Three weeks now and I keep going back with my complaint even trying to talk to someone at Hyundai Canada and Lady refuses at Customer Relations will not let me speak to a Higher Authority. Need Help here someone please

Hyundai Santa Fe 2001poor service

I can comment of poor service that I have received from Hyundai in South Africa over a period of 10 years servicing and repairing my 2001 Santa Fe.
            I had 4 catastrophic failures on the vehicle over this time period:
            1. The coil pack failed and i had to wait for 4 weeks for a new one (75000 KM)
            2. The main engine bearing failed on 230000km's and it took them 20 weeks to repair the failure
            3. The water pump failed - 6 weeks without a car
            4. The gearbox failed - i drove the car in limp mode to the dealer (Menlyn Pretoria) - they attempt to repair the box (using the services of Rex Gearbox services) without success - i took the car back on 3 occasions after they have promised me that they have repaired the vehicle and are "totally satisfied with their workmanship"- it has been 27 weeks, a lot of frustration - and the vehicle is still in for repair??? - 27 weeks without a car ??????? – IS THIS ACCEPTABLE HYUNDAI SOUTH AFRICA ???
            Everyone in South Africa must be cautious and aware of the poor service that awaits them when they decide to buy a Hyundai - Spare parts are never available and the workmanship is poor.

Hyundailack of service

I purchased a demo model accent in August 2012, after waiting over a week for the car, with little feedback from Hyundai, we finally received it without it being licenced in my name. I only found this out when I went to look for the service/log book etc. It is now 6 weeks later, and after numerous calls and visits to Hyundai, with NO feedback from them, I still do not have any paper work for the car. They have promised us this numerous times and head office was also supposed to get back to me. We have dealt with the manager at the Menlyn branch 2 weeks ago, who promised this would be rectified ASAP.
              What kind of service is this?

• kennia mai Nov 04, 2012

I have a Hyuandi Tuson. My job is 5 miles from my home. The suv takes 2 bars of gas s dsy. That's crazy! Seeing as I work and go straight home afterwards. I put about $80 a week.

• kennia mai Nov 04, 2012

I have Hyuandi Tuson 2 0 1 0. I loose about to bars of gas a day. My job is only 5 miles from my home. I put about $80 of gas a week. Thats crazy because my suv is 4 cylinder.

Sterling Hyundai Auto Dealership — scam & fail to honor warranty

I had a 2005 hyundai accent towed in to the dealership service dept. When I phoned to find out what's wrong...

Victoria Hyundai Service2010 santa fe

2010 santa fe 44 days in hyundai service! No car! No loaner! No contact from shop! Problems from time of purchase... Latest, windows won't go down, can't open truck, can't put into gear, then no reverse. 5 times to service, last time said need a part it will be here is 10 days... Coming by boat from korea! That was 44 days ago today... Still no car... Purchased west edmonton hyundai oct. 30, 2010 and have nothing but problems with the vehicle and non-existent service. Drove the coquahalla 3 times in severe winter conditions, to find there was no wrench to remove the mag wheels, contacted service dept. No reply.. Nice looking car but basically a real lemon!!

Steve M, Dealer Sep 21, 2012

Hi bought a lemon.

I am sorry that you are having trouble with your car, and am disheartened that you are not satisfied with your purchase but I note that it was motnpirchasd at our dealership and since purchase it has not been serviced by us.

We would recommend that you contact Hyundai Customer Service at www.hyundaicanada.com. Additionally several programs are available to you in Canada if you feel that you have bought a lemon, most notably CAMVAP.

Good luck.

Steve.

Victoria Hyundaino business ethic

For all people who ever mistreated by this dealership, please lock your complaint to better business bureau, www.BBB.org. a business like victoria hyundai should be reported to the comsumer protection organization

• Ph
                      Phaedria Mar 04, 2013

I don't need an apology I would like to get rid of the car I hate and have hated since I bought it. :(
                      No apologies needed boys, just fix the solution.

Tim Lee_ Feb 27, 2013

Hi Steve,

What these victims need is just an apology, or say "sorry" from your dealer or manager after your investigation, these complaints are not aggressive. I just hope no more Victorian become the victims in Victoria Hyundai. Cheating and deception can bring you temporary sales achievement, not longer... If you take it seriously, spend time finding how your VP and your dealers worked together to cheat customers(I had described it in my email to you before, no interest to repeat here).

Steve M, Dealer Feb 27, 2013

Hi Tim,

Steve here.

I really struggled with if I should reply to your rebuttal, as we take things pretty personally here, and your rebuttal is much more aggressive than we tend to engage. Also, it is moving beyond relevant and constructive business feedback.

No judgement here though, I understand, and if I felt wronged, I'd likely feel the same way.

From the awards we win, to our success in sales and in our commitment and philanthropy in the community, I know, and the community knows that what you describe is just not the norm here. I invite all readers of this thread to complete a google search on Victoria Hyundai and to see for yourself how we conduct ourselves. Learn about our people, our positive reputation, and our actions in the community. Best of all, come on down and meet us, the proof is, as we say, in the pudding.

Tim, good luck with your search and automotive dealings! I'm sorry that you feel badly.

We remain at your service,

Steve the dealer.

Tim Lee_ Feb 27, 2013

Now finally you reply me, if you could reply me when I email you the fact after I was treated badly in your store, the result may be different...I saw you worked hard to post online to remove the negative comments, you spent lots lots money on advertisement, but never seen you took any action to improve your service, don't tell me you don't know what your employees did. I can still see many victims harmed by your garbage dealers...

Steve M, Dealer Feb 26, 2013

Hi Tim,

Steve here.

As noted in my replies to the multiple complaint that you have left over the internet, I am happy to chat with you about your concerns. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] I have been waiting to hear from you but so far no luck.

Did you know that this year we were the only dealer in Southwestern BC to win the President's Award of Merit? This is the auto industry's most prestigious retail award, and our win even made the paper (check out the black press editorial on it). This award is based on customer service indexes, and I'm sure that you can agree that if we treated people as you describe that we would not have had the honour of winning.

After being at the helm of not just the largest volume Hyundai dealer in BC, but also the dealership with the quantifiable BEST customer service I still find that sometimes customers, both prospective and actual purchasers are dissatisfied. Most times though, it is a miscommunication, that when communicated clearly can be addressed quickly. Also, I understand that we are not faultless and that it certainly takes "two to tango". In this I approach concerns with an open mind. As the dealer, I have many options, and am only responding because I want to, not because I have to!

Sorry for your trouble, please feel free to contact me directly though.

Steve
                      Dealer Principal

Tim Lee_ Feb 06, 2013

I had the worst experience when my wife and I went to their store during Christmas, the worst Dealer in Victoria, never trusted them, bad sales and manager. They are professional in the cheating and tricks. Very bad business practices, what you can get is either deception or indignity, shop somewhere else for your car if I were you! Trust me!

Steve M, Dealer Sep 06, 2012

Mrs Chuang.

Thanks for your feedback. It is unfortunate that you are upset and feel mistreated. We agree that third party mediators serve a great purpose.

As can be seen by less than a dozen complaints over the last 10 years that our service record is exceptional. This is pretty good considering in this time we've delivered 1500 cars and write over 7000 service work orders each year.

I am away on holiday, returning mid month. It's a shame that we never have had a chance to chat. If you are interested in havi g a conversation when I get back please feel free to call me at [protected].

Thanks.

Steve the dealer.

Hyundai Elantraextended warranty scam

Beware!!! When closing the deal in the finance office. Ok, I know you're suppose to read the fine print and the entire page they throw in your face to be signed but let's be honest, how many of us do that? We sit down, all excited about getting a brand new car and the good deal we got and you get home, after the excitement has ended and sit down with papers in hand and a cup of coffee, you look over your paperwork. What's this, $700 for gap insurance, $1979 for an extended warranty that no one asked you if you wanted. I drove to the dealership the next day and talked to the sales manager and he assured me, no problem, we can take that off, just see bill in finance and he'll take care of it. Ok, i'm happy until bill tells me, "oh, you got that low interest rate by adding the coverage, if I take it off, the interest rate will go up 2 points." payment will be the same if not more. Ok, then I guess I have no choice but to keep it. Back to the computer and google (Google is man's best friend, to find out anything and everything you ever wanted to know) seems i'm not alone is this shady practice and the thing about the interest rate is bs... Right there on the paper it says, this contract has nothing to do with you getting financed with our company. After reading more on the contract, I see that I can cancel this for a full refund within a certain number of days if not used. I plan on doing just that and they can send the check to the bank and have it applied to my loan and keep my payment the same, that's fine, I just don't want the warranty and the way it was sold to me was tricky and unprofessional. The gap insurance is going to be cancelled as well...

• To
                        tom_80 Apr 28, 2013

The same happened to me as well. He literallty forced me to take that policy and i got into the trap.
                        While i researched a lot and avoided most of their traps, I fell into this...
                        That said, I am 6 months into it now and I relocated to a different state. How easy is it to cancel this?

• Ca
                        CAR5MAN Feb 06, 2013

IF IT NOT A TOYOTA CAR THEN YOU GOT RIP OFF EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL...DONT FORGET KOREAN MONEY VRS DOLLARS I HOPE YOUR BRIGHT ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND

• Hl
                        HLee881 Nov 03, 2012

I had to do a lot of workaround to get my 2012 elantra as well. Sales people lie and that's their job. It is your job to research for the truth.

Sam Io Apr 27, 2007

My brand new 2007 Hyundai Elantra has spent more time in the repair shop than in my driveway.

Hyundai Motor Financepoor service, delay in getting overpaid money back

I overpaid my monthly lease and requested the money back -- $256.66.
                      I called the company 15 days after faxing documents they requested. The customer service had no idea whether the check was cut or when it would be sent. Called again after another week, still they had no clue and check was not mailed.

I requested the number of the payment department but they refused to give it to me -- they said they don't give the number to customers. basically there is no way to complain directly to the department or people in charge. Three weeks after requesting the check, I still have no idea when I will get the money back. looks like it's their strategy to make customers give up. Bad customer service, bad attitude.

• Me
                          melstephens Sep 29, 2014

I also have been trying to get a refund that I am owed of over $800. I have called now at least 15 times and always get the same response. This is now going on the 5th month that i have gone without getting the refund or an answer back. Did you ever get this resolved? I am losing hope that i will ever get my money back.

JavierAA Apr 13, 2013

This company is A+ for lying they have repossessed my car after and arrangement was made, They lie, everyone should file a complaint with the Consumer Finance Protection Agency and Federal Trade Commission that had problems with Hyundai Motors Finance. They lie and when you call their corporate offices they just give you the run around and accomplish nothing.
                          I have submitted copies of other consumer complaints to the Federal Trade Commission to see what sort of investigation they can do and to go back at least 10 yrs of their records and see all they have been doing illegally. I would like to start a petition to have them thoroughly looked into,

• Hy
                          Hyundai Motor Finance Aug 24, 2012

My name is Richard Kirkreit and I am the CARE Manager at Hyundai Motor Finance’s corporate office. I look forward to assisting you with any concerns you have. When you have a moment, please contact me at [protected] or via email at [email protected] I can be reached Monday-Friday, 7AM-4PM Pacific Time.

Hyundai Ix35shocking service (somerset west dealership)

I am really hoping that I will get some sort of response from you as to date I have had any joy with the dealership concerned. (see attached email-to date I have not even received an apology from the dealer principal)

I took delivery on Wednesday the 18th of July 2012.
                        They sent someone from the Bedfordview branch by the name of Wynand to take me through the vehicle. He then advised that the Bluetooth wiring needed to be re-done. He advised that he would contact me to make arrangements after I explained how unhappy and disappointed I was with the service received from Hyundai. To date he has not made contact.

Andelize Smit from the Cape Town dealership who sold me the vehicle eventually called me on Friday the 03rd of Aug to advise that she was going to make the arrangement, I’m still waiting for feedback.
                        I also queried why I have not received a copy of my maintenance plan and why I am reading the words of the company who installed the safety glass LLumar on the passenger’s seat window? When I received the vehicle it was not entirely clean, the lines running down all the inside door panels from the safety glass was not even washed! I had to valet the car.

Wesbank even sent an email to the dealership’s fleet manager ; Amanda Homan to advise that they will never refer business to Hyundai in CT ever again after the manner in which I was treated. To date, she has not even responded to the email.

I am feeling as if I have made the biggest mistake of my life by purchasing this vehicle as I have never been treated with so much disrespect at any dealership. The only reason I decided to sell my Mercedes Benz was due to a lifestyle change i.e. sport and needless to say, I cannot even begin to compare the service i.e. it’s like day and night.

I am extremely disappointed that this is how Hyundai treats is clients. Needless to say, I will never refer anyone to Hyundai for business as it is evident that service delivery is not a priority to your organisation. Honestly, I intend to settle this vehicle within a year and will sell it asap.

I am hoping that you will take this matter seriously and that if need be, that you will escalate this complaint to a senior member of staff as I am very close to going to the media with this complaint. Perhaps someone at Hyundai SA will have the courtesy to apologise.

This is the email i sent the dealer principal and to date he hasnt bothered to call me. That was on the 17th of July 2012

From: Zainab Kahaar (SanlamSky)
                        Sent: 17 July 2012 05:01 PM
                        To: '[protected]@hyundai.co.za'
                        Subject: FW: Delivery of my vehicle
                        Importance: High

Hi Andre

It is with great disappointment that I am writing to you.
                        I was promised that my vehicle would be delivered today. I explained to Andelize that I already arranged with the insurance to cancel my vehicle being sold as well as with tracker to deactivate the current vehicle so this means I can no longer use it as it is being sold. I told her that I was getting a lift to work today and that I needed the car delivered today which she promised. To my surprise I am told that the gentleman who is the proxy at the PDI centre in JHB was arrested and that they did not have anyone to deliver my vehicle which is honestly not my concern.

I am extremely unhappy at the manner in which this was handled. If this is how my relationship with Hyundai starts I shudder to think how the aftersales will be? I am now stuck at the office with no lift home and no lift to work tomorrow morning all because I did not receive my vehicle as promised.
                        Why should I have to suggest a solution to Andelize when I am the client being inconvenienced?

Not sure how you plan on redeeming your brand or compensate me for this dilemma as I have lost faith even before starting this relationship with Hyundai

Regards
                        Zainab
                        [protected]

Hudson Hyundai Hudson Auto Group Hudson Subaruliars — zero help after sale

i go to buy a car that was advertised on the Internet by hudson auto group, hudson subaru, hudson hyundai and the salesman tells me there is an Internet surcharge of $695, yep $695 surcharge, needless to say its not a real charge, they're just chancing their arm but i'm sure the odd person does pay it. i needed a car that day so i paid their exorbitant documentation fee of $350 and it cost me another $350 for the new plates ( yeah i new i was getting screwed but i desperately needed a car ). the finance guy then tries to sell me the extended warranty for another $1995 but when i say i don't want it, guess what---he tells me it's negotiable. after the deal is complete i asked for a tube of touch up paint ( keep in mind i just spent over $20, 000 on the car ) and i had to pay for it. i made the mistake of not asking for it before the deal was made but was still shocked at how miserly these people are that they would try to extract another $10 from me after they already profited so much. the car did not have an owners manual but i did get an agreement from them in writing that they would supply me with one but they never did. i called numerous times and e-mailed but i was given the run around and my communications were never answered. i finally received the manual from subaru of north america after sending them a written complaint. i would not recommend hudson auto group, hudson hyundai, hudson subaru but if you do go there be prepared to get nickled and dimed and get what you want before you buy because even if they put it in writing doesn't mean they will keep their agreement. watch out for made up fees like the internet surcharge i talked about. my experience with them was lousy. hudson auto group, hudson subaru, hudson hyundai in my opinion are not honorable.

Jack Catinella Jan 09, 2016

Fine something similar happens after you buy your car and decide to service your subaru at hudson subaru.
                              They tell me my subaru 2011 impreza 2.5i needs synthetic oil. Ok knowing they must know better than me i go on about for a year for oil change and service.
                              Only to find out my car does not need synthetic oil.
                              They were charging me for synthetic oil but performed standard oil change. I would not go there, you cannot trust them. Even if you call they never answer the phone, and never return your call after you leave a message.

Hyundai Elantra 2013 — bad customer service from hyundai

Hi Hyundai Canada, I recently purchased 2013 Elentra GL from Fredericton New Brunswick in 2013 May month. On...

Rick Case Hyundai Duluth — sales practice/contract

I purchased a car (2009 nissan altima) on 6/15/2012 from rick case hyundai. A few days later they called me...

Hyundaicar

I baught my car brand new. I noticed a noise after buying the car. I thought it was supposed to sound like that until I didn't hear the noise from another car same type and year. I took it to the dealership they miss diognosed it I continued to drive it for a week. I brought it back in to be fixed and they realized it was some thing different. It needed a turbo and manifold replace. My car was defective. So I left it with the dealership so I wasn't driving it and causing more problems. Also the problem could lead to exhaust fumes going into the cabbin of the car. They order parts for my car. A week and a half goes by and they realise they have ordered the wrong part. Said it was because they had me in the computer driving a 2011. I said your machanic looked and diognosed the car how could that happen. He tells you what to order. Then they order the part they are supposed to order. Another week almost 2 weeks go by and they call me and say we have the parts just missing a seal gaskett. I call the Hyundai Canada to complain and told them its hyundais fault for not updating there computers in the first place. So I get a phone call by the dealer ship saying my car should be done today. I call today she says bad news we don't have the proper bolts to put the part on it might take 2 weeks to get the part. I get very mad I call Hyundai Canada to complain tell them my car I bought 5 weeks ago brand new has been sitting at the dealer ship waiting to be fixed for the past 3 weeks. To top it off it's going to take a nother 2 weeks to get the part. So in total When all said and done 7 weeks of owning this brand new car 5 of them will be spent in the shop because Hyundai sold me a defective car and wrong parts were ordered and didn't order the proper bolts to instal it. She said Sory nothing they can do I bought the car and all they have to do is fix my car. I am so mad i asked about taking my car back and switching for the same car. If I had of known I was going to buy a broken brand new car I defenetly would not have bought it. I am paying 620$ car payments on a car that cost me 46, 000$ plus 200$ a month insurance for my brand new car that has been sitting in the shop pretty much since I bought it. Because of Hyundai Canada selling me a defective car and because of human error. I did get a loner car thank god because I'd be walking. But the point is that they sold me a defective car and because of human error I have been with out the car I was so excited to buy and drive. Now I get to drive a loner car with dealer stickers stuck all over it and it's costing me 820$ a month. I think this is rediculous that this is a big dealership and the only thing they are obligated to do is fix my car no matter how long it takes to fix. They gave me a dealer car but hyundai Canada said they did me a favor because I don't qualify to get a loner car. This made me even more mad. They have made me feel like an idiot it's they have sold me a defective car and have left me as a consumer very disappointed and with out out the product I have purchased.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybridfollow through on mechanic/mileage

I bought a 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Hybrid from Victoria Hyundai, in Aug 2011 since then

this vehicle has been in the shop @ least 17 occasions for software

updates, recall campaigns and replacing parts(4 NVLD valves) Fuel economy tests and a

final 2 tank test which ended Monday Feb 13th 2012 and was connected to

the computer to send

Hyundai Canada, since I have had this so-called Hybrid I have avg

between 500-525km per tank, which if you by your commercial of 1412km on

a tank(test route) is less than half what is stated, when i bought this

vehicle I even added 15% to the stated mileage and it has never been

near that mileage of 1040.

The service Dept at Victoria Hyundai has been great but this has to
                              be remedied, this vehicle has not performed and I would like either a
                              new one or something else, I have bought 5 vehicles off Victoria Hyundai
                              in the past 6 years. Since then my mileage has gone up to 630 km per tank, I have
                              spoken with many people who have the Sonata 2.0 and Sonata and they have gotten 700km/tank in city and 1000km/ highway right out the door from Victoria Hyundai. To state that there is nothing mechanical or electrical wrong with this "Hybrid" is ridiculous. I have recommended friends to Hyundai (never got a payout), I will not do that again, as since the Feb 2 tank test I have not heard anything from them asking if the problems still exist

• Wa
                                  Warskull Feb 08, 2013

Hi Just do not do Hyundai Canada surveys, if there is any kind of negative response to their questions on service, you may not be welcome back to their Service Dept. I do not know how they formulate/calculate their findings but when asked why Hyundai Canada states that dealerships are independent businesses and have no control over what they decide.
                                  Trying to give feedback to maybe improve customer service, will just backfire.