Having problems with Hyundai?

8800 333 7167 (Russia)
+82 23 901 114 (South Korea)
+1 800 633 5151 (United States)
+44 149 442 8600 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 609 800 (Ireland)
+61 288 736 000 (Australia)
+64 95 732 050 (New Zealand)
+32 34 500 611 (Belgium)
+45 76 322 000 (Denmark)
+49 692 714 720 (Germany)
+31 252 240 340 (Netherlands)
+351 218 548 300 (Portugal)
+41 448 164 351 (Switzerland)
+852 34 288 288 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 293 338 (Indonesia)
+60 377 338 337 (Malaysia)
+63 28 136 788 (Philippines)
+966 920 028 008 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 64 758 888 (Singapore)
+27 113 720 800 (South Africa)
+66 20 891 888 (Thailand)
+84 439 680 949 (Vietnam)
+54 114 799 0500 (Argentina)
25, Yulgok-ro 2-gil, Jongno-gu
Seoul
Korea (South) - 03143

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hyundai.

Complaints & Reviews

Hyundai Usawidow denied warranty insurance payment

I took my 2001 XG300 to the Town and Country Hyundai dealership in Milwaukie, Oregon 97267 on 7/6/11 at 3:00pm. I called twice to see what was taking so long and was finally told on 7/7 at 4pm the parts were ready to install but the extended warranty insurance was not in my name and the service would not be covered, although it would have been normally. My husband died in 2008. Due to archaic and sexist practices, even though I signed all purchase papers (have all paperwork which clearly shows my name plus my husband’s name as well as on the HPP 4B insurance application papers), the Oregon DMV and the Hyundai extended warranty insurance decided I didn’t warrant having my name on the documents ...so only my husband's name was listed. He dies and now Hyundai won't honor our policy coverage. The Or. DMV sent Hyundai a notice called "title transfer" so their computer shows the car was sold. The title transfer was removing his name and putting on mine. The dealership service agent told Hyundai my spouse died and the car was not sold. They have been servicing the car for 10 years and I am still the owner. They don't care... the computer shows the car was sold. No common sense, reason or independent thought from Hyundai insurance personnel.
I called the Customer Affairs 800# (case #4460974) and was e-mailed a form to transfer the policy into my name. Since we jointly purchased the car and jointly applied for this insurance it should already be in my name! Of course, I had to pay for all the repairs that would and should be covered under the HHP policy as I need to drive my car. I was told by the CS representative at the 800# it will take 45 days after they receive the form and $35.00 to transfer the policy to my name ...and they still may not cover this claim. I also have extended Roadside Assistance good until 2011 (part of a class action settlement from Hyundai many years ago) which is not in my name either.Thank goodness I have AAA… in my name.
I have been appalled by the treatment I receive as a window. The bureaucratic nightmare of putting bills, credit cards, utilities, and property solely//legally in my name is criminal. I believed everything had long been taken care of but I forgot Hyundai ….until the car needed repair again and I was treated as a non-person . This coverage expires in 10/11 so… perhaps… if it takes Hyundai long enough the policy will expire before they have to pay. As I told the CS representative at Hyundai USA Consumer Affairs who assigned me a case number, I like my XG300 very much and was going to buy a Hyundai Sonata when I need a new car...now I will not! This is how widows are treated at Hyundai!

Hyundaihyundai does not exercise stewardship of their dealers

The following letter which is self explanatory and explicit was sent to Hyundai on June 13th and recieved by them on June 15th. They did not even acknowledge it. Apparently Hyundai is unconcerned about how their dealers treat their customers so long as they get their sales.

Gentlemen,

I recently sold the car I loved, my 2006 Hyundai Sonata Limited so I could buy the new 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited. I love my new Sonata as well, but my buying experience was a demeaning ordeal.
    I purchased my new Hyundai from Flemington Hyundai (Hunterdon Auto Group). If this is the competency of the Dealers Hyundai employs, and you condone their interaction with your customers, it is unlikely that I would ever buy another of your products. I would advise anyone I relate my experience to, not to buy your products.
    Following is the chronological description of my purchase:
    After reading reviews, seeing the Sonata at two auto shows, visiting two local dealers and taking two test drives, I made a decision to purchase. At the beginning of the week of May 9th, I initiated a request for quotations via the AAA Auto Buying Program.
    I received replies via email and telephone calls from 9 Hyundai Dealers, including Mark Vehling, Internet Sales Manager for Flemington Hyundai. He advised me that they had a Sonata Limited en route with the exterior and interior colors I wanted. My cost would be substantially less than any of the other 8 Dealers, ($2703 below invoice) and that was worth a trip 180 miles from my home in Maryland to Flemington New Jersey.
    After a number of phone conversations and emails between Mark Vehling, and me, he combined into one email, a modified AAA quotation with the invoice price reflecting the additional factory installed accessories in the specific vehicle that was en route. He ensured me that there will be no additional charges. That my cost will be exactly as shown in his email, with the addition of their documentation fee ($229) also shown in the AAA quotation, and the Maryland State sales tax, title and registration fees. (A copy of the email is enclosed)
    On Friday May 13th I authorized a $500 deposit on a credit card for the specific vehicle that was identified by VIN # in the email. I stated that I would be in New Jersey on Monday May 16th for a graduation and I could pick up the car then. Mark Vehling stated the car will arrive between May 23rd and May 31st.
    On the evening of Monday May 16th, after returning from New Jersey I received a phone call from Danny Addonizio, identifying himself as Salesmen and Closer, and advising me that my car was in and asking me when I was going to pick it up. When I asked why he was suddenly in the picture, I had already had a deal via email with Mark Vehling. He advised me that delivery was turned over to him to expedite and explain the operation of the car to me, etc.
    I asked Danny to email or fax a bill to me with the specific VIN. #, equipped as shown in our prior emails, and to include my sales tax, title fees and his documentation fee. I told him I will bring a certified check for the full amount when I pick up the car. Danny said he will call me back the next morning.
    Danny never called me back. I called the cell phone number he gave me twice, and no one answered. I called the Dealer’s number and reached Danny. He said he didn’t call back because he did not know what the sales tax was in Maryland. I told him it was 6% and asked for a bill. He again pressed me to come and pickup the car but said he would call back with my specific cost.
    Again Danny did not call back so I called Mark Vehling my original contact. He told me there must be something wrong with my phone. He was next to Danny when he called me twice and left messages for me. Mark Vehling then pressed me to come and pick up my car. I again asked for a bill with my total cost so I could bring a certified check for the full amount. Mark again pressed me to come and pick up the car. He said I did not need a certified check, that a personal check was acceptable. He said I did not need a bill or invoice as I had his email with my cost. He again assured me my cost is as agreed upon in his email.
    That was their preliminary tactics. I should have quit at this point.
    That evening, after making arrangements for my son to pick me up at the Cape May Ferry and drive me to Flemington NJ, I informed Mark Vehling that I would pick up the car the morning of Friday, May 20th.
    We arrived at Flemington Hyundai shortly before 11 AM. I met Danny Addonizio and he asked if I would like to drive the car. I didn’t think that was necessary. I just looked it over to be sure it was not damaged and that it had the accessories we agreed upon. Danny then asked me to sit at his desk and he gave me the window sticker with the MSRP and he gave me an additional sheet with a list of additional options. He told me that they already installed wheel locks with an additional cost to me of $69. I told him I did not want them and to take them off. He excused himself and came back in about 15 minutes and said he would throw in the wheel locks free of charge.
    Then he left. He literally ignored us for almost 2 hours. He returned briefly twice. Once to tell us the business office was busy with another customer while it was perfectly clear that no one was in the business office. The second time he told us their computer was down. Obviously they were stalling, trying to get my son to leave for work and not interfere with their con game. They were also pressing me for time, trying to wear me down as it was very stormy outside and they knew I had to drive home to Maryland.
    Eventually we were invited into the business office. Danny stated that my son should not be there since he was not the buyer. I of cause would not abide by that. I was presented with a bill of sale for my signature. It did not include my $500 deposit or my $500 loyalty incentive. That was corrected after I pointed that out.
    The bill of sale also had two additional preprinted, items both marked optional. “Appearance Package” for $200 and “Environmental Protection Package” for $395. I was told they put this on all cars and I would have to pay for it. I argued that it is an option I did not select and it was not on the confirmed agreement I had with Mark Vehling. After arguing for some time my son asked if we could speak to someone of higher authority. The Sales Manager then joined us in the business office. After a long discussion rehashing everything and getting nowhere, I again stated that I requested a bill of sale, with all charges prior to coming to Flemington. I wanted to bring a certified check. The Sales Manager excused himself for a few minutes and when he returned he said he confirmed what I said was true, that I had requested a bill of sale and was refused. In view of that, I can have the car for the agreed upon price in our emails. (Enclosed is the final bill of sale with the aforementioned items crossed out and my deposit and loyalty incentive added).
    So ultimately I did purchase my car at the agreed upon price. But what should have been a cordial 30 minute business transaction turned out to be more than 3 hours of hell with a group of Professional Con Men.
    It is a shame that Hyundai has worked so hard to develop a good reputation and a fine product, and that you can readily lose all of that with unprincipled, devious Dealers like this. Do you really want these unscrupulous people representing Hyundai?
    Upon your receipt, I will wait for 10 business days before I forward my complaint to organizations and associations concerned with consumer protection, especially exploitation of senior citizens like myself.
    Sincerely yours,

• Rajesh Solanki Jan 22, 2013

What you have faced is universally happening at Hyundai. The Koreans company is hand in glove with its fellow cheats to dupe gullible people. No matter how much you confront this co with facts, it just doesn't take any action against its associates, and how can they ?? After all they are partners in crime..and I always use to wonder why the North Koreans hate them so much !!
        Rajesh Solanki,
        Mumbai, India.
        [protected]@gmail.com

Hyundai Verna Fludicbad behaviour of the person and not giving us car.

I am mohd. saleem from amla, dist-betul (m. p),
      I wanted to say that I booked the car hyundai verna fludic, from ci hyundai, bhopal (m. p) before 2 months ago. and I give rs.200000 for the booking amount by cheque. now ci hyundai's vishal sexena (self manager) are not behaving right with us and not giving us "car". I attachated one copy of cheque and booking receipt. so I kindly request to you that plz take some action about them..

bad behaviour of the person and not giving us car.

• Es
          Eshan Khan Dec 09, 2011

In this case, i have a very good suggestion for you...get your booking cancelled from CI HYUNDAI and get your car booked at SURJEET HYUNDAI at J.K. Road...i too got my New Verna from SURJEET within the committed time...

Deep Hyundaipoor performance

Hi Everyone,
        This is my thired complaint against Deep Hyundai. My Car was serviced on 18th June'2011, however after compaining twice i did'nt received any response from them. My Car is not running in good condition after servicing. After paying such a high amount for servicing satisfaction is low.
        Service Station: Deep Hyundai (Udyog Vihar Peeragarhi) Delhi 110087
        Car No: DL4CR 8290:
        Contact No: [protected]

• Bs
            B.S.SOBTI Sep 30, 2012

Hi Pradeep,

I got my car repaired( insurance claim) from Deep Hyundai in July2012 as my car got damage from the front in the accident...Multiple parts were replaced like front Axle, Front right arm, front right tyre and many other ...but when i went to Himgiri Hyundai for a paid service today the informed that front right Knuckle is also damage as there is a bent in that...So I got it replaced along with a Front right wheel bearing which could have covered in insurance claim resulting in extra payment from my pocket. When I called your representative Mr Vinod from Deep Hyundai Wazirpur([protected]) instead of apology he told me that it could have got damaged while driving as we gave you the car after all the testing, I just wanted to know how come only front right knuckle got damaged apart from other spare parts within 2 months as I think Knuckle is a heavy metal part and if it got damaged in road bumps then it should have damage something else and it should have damage the car body as well... I don’t know which testing your representative was talking about? When i got my car after the repair i had to visit your service centre again as they charged me for the wheel alignment but it was not done properly so had to got it fixed again... If you guys cant fix this minor thing how can i be sure about the rest? This was the second time i visited Deep Hyundai...prior to that i visited deep hyundai in Feb or march 2012 and that time when i gave my car, Central Locking(genuine hyundai) was in the working condition but when i got my car back it was not at all working and your representative didn't bothered to inform me that...when i reached home and observed it was not working then i called him up and he informed to visit hyundai showroom to got it fixed ... And same thing happened again Mr Vinod told that I need to visit Himgiri hyundai to get my central locking fixed...When i visited Himgiri hyundai initially they fixed my problem and they informed that only wrong wires were connected due to which it was not working... If i have to visit your service centre again and again for the same problems that too after paying a huge amount what's the fun in that... I'm wasting my time and money... I'll make sure ill not visit your service centre again for any reason... as I had alot from your team... Thanks!!!

Regards,
            Bhupinder Singh Sobti
            Reg No: DL8CT 5160

Himgiri Hyundaicomplaint against manager and workers of himgiri hyundai, wazirpur

on 4.4.2011 in morning i, Ajit Singh left my car for service at Himgiri Hyundai automobile, wazir pur Industrial area, Ashok Vihar, Delhi. and when i alongwith my cousin Sh. Narender Singh went to pick up my car i20 bearing No. DL- 4CJ- 7222 from service station we found a dent on my car. I immedeately asked about the same from the service adviser namely Mr. Harvinder Singh, he misbehaved with us and when we objected he started absuing us, immedeately I called up the PCR and my nephew Satbir Singh. an altercation took place between us on which Harvinder Singh called some workers from inside the workshop and they all started beating us black and blue. In the meanwhile my nephew also came there and tried to save us from the workers of the service station. but all of them started beating my nephew also. meanwhile the Police came there and saved us from the hands of workers of the service station.
          Police officials took us to hospital for MLC and took the workers who were involved in the above mentioned occurance in the police station where we identified the persons who had beaten us. there we came to know that one of them was D.G.M., Two were Engineers, One was working as driver of the Himgiri Hyundai automobiles. An F.I.R. was lodged against all of them Under Sections 308, 323, 34, of I.P.C. in Police Station Ashok Vihar, Delhi, and all of them remained in Judicial Custody for more than 10 (ten) days. and the case is under investigation.
          even after the conduct of the officials of the Himgiri Hyundai, wazirpur did not change towards their customers, as my nephew went to the same service station to get his car serviced but they refused to even check his car by saying that we will not provide any service to you and your relatives and even to your villagers from where We belongs. due to their conduct we all are compelled to go to another service station namely MGF Hyundai, Wazirpur industrial area.
          so you are requested to kindly consider the matter and do the need full.

Hyundaiwarranty

I own a 2009 SantaFe with 24.000 miles on it. The rubber door seal has worn away leaves sheds of material and holes in the seals of both front doors. When I bought the car the salesman crowed about the bumper to bumper warranty for 36 months. When I brought the car to the dealership, I was told by the service tech that door seals are only covered for the first 12 months. After 40 plus years of driving and owning some cars 10 or more years, I have never seen a door seal wear out. I must assume that Hyundia uses an inferior materials in thier cars. They would replace both doors seals at MY Cost. Beware of what they REALLY Warranty! Would not buy another Hyundai

• Ro
                Rodney Todd Jul 25, 2011

I just recently purchased a 2009 SantFe LTD that was owned by the service manager of a Hyundia dealership in Ontario, Canada. Had a similar problem (especially in the winter months) all door seals pulled away from their fixed locations resulting in open gaps around the doors. Took the vehicle into a hyundia dealership closer to home as the balance of the original warranty was tranfered over to my name and they immediately replace the drivers door seal and ordered the other three, which are due to be put on as soon as they receive them - all under warranty. The replacement door seals are of a heavier gauge rubber and appear to perform much better. I do think that this is a manufacturing defect and you should be able to get them replaced under warranty as I had absolutely no problem in doing so. RT in Ontario, Canada.

Henderson Hyundai Superstoreservice department

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe and it broke down while in Mexico and called the service department to find out if as the web says the car engine is toast when the timing belt breaks. The guy who answered the phone in service in essense said it is not their policy to help on the phone it must be brought in. Well I say if you have a choice find another place to buy your car or get it serviced. I then called Kingman AZ Hyundai service and they were very helpful.

Hyundai Sandtonbad service

To Whom It May Concern

This is the second complaint letter that I have written and I am yet to hear back from anyone about it.

I took my car in for a service at Hyundai Sandton on the 4th of May and have had problems with it since then. I asked when I dropped my car off that the back breaks be checked as they were making a big noise every time I pushed the breaks. It was not looked at> When I complained. I was told that I would have to bring my car back on the 9th of May, which I did. I was then told that there was nothing wrong with the breaks. The noise persisted and I had to book it in again on the 11th May. I was given a courtesy car to use for the day and was told that I would be contacted when my car was ready. I never heard anything the whole of the Wednesday and on Thursday afternoon I eventually had to phone myself to see when I could collect my car. I was told that my breaks had been changed and fitted with originals. It’s been about a month and my breaks are back to making the noise, and this time it is even worse the before. I contacted the Dealer Principal of Hyundai Sandton and was told that he would phone me back, which he still has not done. I went to Hyundai on the 17th June and was told that no one could help me at the time I went because everyone was on lunch break and that it was illegal for them to work during that time. I left a message asking that Sean, the man in the service department and the one I had been dealing with the whole time would phone me back on Monday, the 20th June. He still has not phoned me back. I had to phone again and this time spoke to a man in the complaints department named Mervin and was told that someone would come past my place of work the following day and collect my car and take it back to the workshop to have it looked at. I then had to phone again in the afternoon because no one had gotten back to me. I was told that someone would contact me today (22 June) and my car would be fetched and sorted out. I am waiting to see if this is the case today.

I am deeply disappointed with the level of service that I have received from Hyundai and when purchasing a car in the future, I will not be considering Hyundai again.

I would like to gear back from you about this complaint that I have submitted for the second time now and to know what has been done about the level of service at Hyundai Sandton

Sincerely,

Lauren Murphy

Hyundai Elantra 2009negligence

I took my 2009 Hyundai Elantra for it's 15, 000 mile check-up and routin oil-change to Hampton Ford Hyundai at the end of March 2011. I noticed a slight oil leak a few weeks later, but when I checked the oil, it was fine. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary after that. To make a long story short, my engine ended up seizing, and when I brought my car to Somersworth Hyundai, they wouldn't touch it and had it towed to Hampton Hyundai, claiming the oil plug had fallen out due to a negligent mechanic. After a bit of arguing, the owner (Jay McFarland) of Hampton Ford Hyundai did accept responsibility for my car's engine seizing, and ultimately being totaled. He agreed to pay off my 2009 Elantra, and replace it. I didn't want a free car, I just wanted them to accept responsibility for their negligence. I would have been quite happy to buy a brand new Hyundai from them. What happened though, was they tried to sell me a used Hyundai for $19, 000. That made absolutely no sense, since a brand new Elantra was going for $18, 000. After speaking with Jason, the finance guy, I figured out that they were trying to make their money back from paying off my 2009 Elantra. They were trying to get me to pay for their mistake. Let me just also mention here, that they never offered me a loaner vehicle and I had been without a car for over a week. I ended up leaving there and buying a brand new Toyota for $18, 000 at 2.9%. The finance guy at Hyundai told me I wouldn't get approved anywhere for less than 5.9%. They are all crooks over there. Do NOT got to Hampton Ford Hyundai. If you live on the Seacoast, bring it to Somersworth Hyundai!!!

Edmond Hyundaimodified paperwork after the fact

I purchased a car and finished all the paperwork and signed for it. I did not purchase any extras and declined extended warranty. I made sure the the paperwork was good before leaving. They mailed all the paperwork later but they changed the price of the car, charged me for services, and a warranty I did not want. They forged documents and I was forced to pay more. The only thing they got right was the price of my trade in. They admit no wrongdoing. I'm still in battle with these people. The finance person that wrote up my contract would not speak to me face to face and the sales manager would not as well. I always spoke to someone else in the finance section. The man named Shandaya is a cheating individual. The salesman was honest but he wasn't involved with the paperwork.

Hyundai Santa Fefinanced at different price than told

I went to oxmoor hyundai to purchase a vehicle. The sticker price was 28, 500. We were told there were 2 rebates for 2, 000 on the car we were interested in. We put 11, 500 down on the vehicle. However, when I called the financing company, it is to get the payoff amount 8 days later it was 30, 000! When I spoke with a representative, they said we were financed at 48, 000! When I looked at my title application it is blank in the total for vehicle line and the down payment line. When I contacted oxmoor hyundai, they gave me some generic answer, and wont give me anything with numbers on it so I have no idea what is going on. Now they are not returning my calls (I havent been rude in the least other than asking what is going on). I have contacted customer relations but they said to contact the dealer, who is avoiding me. I did speak to the finance guy who offered to put me in a cheaper car which would be about the cost I was quoted on the car I have now? I have good credit, and couldve went through my credit union had they been honest. What in the world is going on? Was I robbed? Am I out 11, 500? Helllppp please!

noone9999 Jun 10, 2011

Check out the "Truth in Lending" Statement that comes with your financing paperwork. This is a federal law that tells you exactly how much you are financing and you must sign the document to acknowledge how much you are borrowing. If you signed this paper at the stated $ then there is nothing that you can do, you'll be stuck with the debt.

Hyundai Santro Xingservice & performance

I have a Santro Xing and having tremendous problem of engine knocking and air conditioner.
                        For this problem we have send the car to the workshop thrice but they are unable to resolve the same.
                        It seems that it is of no use to buy a reputed companies product because seeing the performance of the car our old Indian cars are much better and longlasting since we can maintain those cars in any roadside garage.

Hyundai Accentmultiple

Points in short of the case history are listed as below:
                          1) CNG missing issue persisted for a long duration. Escaped major accidents due to this problem
                          2) JBL Speakers washed out during one month post accidental repairing.
                          3) Car RC (registration certificate) delivery took 6 months. Got my RC after 6 months even that with my regular follow up.
                          4) Break shoes loss at 14000 kms mileage
                          5) Hand break lever still not being replaced.
                          6) Petrol missing problem still persists.
                          7) Noise still comes while driving car with AC on.
                          8) Flaw in the fitment of right side front gate. There is a gap in between which is noticeable.

Case History(HR 51 AJ 8820)
                          This is in regard to the inconvenience, loss and harassment I am facing due to the Hyndai Authorized dealer named Himgiri in New Delhi, India. I bought my Hyundai Accent Car under the registration number HR 51 AJ 8820 on August 12, 2010. This car I bought with Dealer fitted CNG for which they charged 45, 000 rupees. After a month car met with accident damaging the right side door and the car bumper. There wasn’t any damage to the engine. It was completely body damage. Himgiri took one month to service it reasoning out parts are not available they are in transition. Post delivery I could notice that my JBL speaker was washed out and wasn’t responding although I explicitly conveyed them to take care of the front speakers. I got them verified from the Audio System Dealer I purchased from and they said company(JBL) will not replace as they are washed out in water. So there I incurred loss of 5000 rupees. I conveyed this thing to the workshop manager Rakesh but he did not bother to hear that.
                          Thereafter I escaped major accident due to continuing CNG missing problems. It became the regular practice that point of time that my car was at their workshop on every weekend due to the CNG missing issue. Rakesh promises me that he personally took the rectification of the problem under his supervision but the result wasn’t as promisable as his wordings. This problem continued for months and thereafter when I warn them about lodging the case against them due to the loss and the inconvenience and to the most risk of life then kept my car for 1 day and it was then rectified. The number of visits would have been near about 10-15 times that point of time.
                          After some time I could realize that there is some problem with the breaks. The car wheels are running smooth and the excel became a hit tight. So I could realize that something is touching the wheel as the rotation was not smooth. I got it checked with Himgiri and get to know that break shoes was touching the wheel and due to which I had to get them replaced with the new one for which they charged me 2500 bugs approx But I was not convinced with the fact that at merely 14000 kms my Car break shoes was replaced and due to the reason it was touching the wheel. I asked them the root cause of break shoe touching the wheel so they weren’t answerable and reasoned out that you need to get it replaced. So I could notice another flaw in their fitting post accident which resulted in a loss of money to me.
                          On that day itself I saw them Hand break lever slipping cause of which I could not park my car with hand break on I have to park it with car geared. I asked them to replace it as it is under warranty to which Mr. Rakesh said it is not in the stock and will be available very soon. He made some temporary arrangement to fix that hand break issue. But as expected his fix did not worked out and again I asked about the availability of the hand break in their stock past 15 days so the status that time was not available in the stock.
                          Moving ahead Car started missing on petrol. It is in the period of May 2011(past 9 months from my purchase) I could not start my car on petrol . I reported this issue and I also reported that there is some noise I m hearing from the car while driving. They sent some technician at my office so that I can show the problem. The car did not started so he assured me that he will fix this issue. I also told Mr. Rakesh about the sound I could hear while driving. My observation was that when this sounds is heard the car runs as if the engine is overloaded and when it goes off the engine picks up immediately. This problem I noticed while the Car AC is on and this voice goes on & off while driving with AC on. I showed this problem to another Hyndai dealer named FX in Faridabad but they said you need to visit to your dealer as the CNG kit is being installed by them and we won’t be fixing it. Left with no choice I had to call Mr Rakesh to fix this missing on start issue. Mr. Rakesh me again delivered the car with petrol missing issue fixed and assured me that it won’t be occurring again. I had to rely on his words as there was no option.
                          Past 15 days the same issue (Car not starting on petrol) recurred. Again Mr. Rakesh asked me to hand over the car to him for 1 day . I allowed so and they kept my car for 1 day at their workshop and delivered me the car. They reported that we have taken the test drive which they perform as a part of their procedure and the missing issue is not reproducible. They handed over my vehicle to me with this missing issue fixed but still hand break and that noise issue was not resolved. After driving for another 10-15 days the same problem recurred. This time I get Mr. Pankaj (HMIL) involved and have asked him to get this issue verified at HMIL workshop as Himgiri is not able to rectify the problem. I explained him the complete history of my car and the inconvenience, life risk and the money loss I have faced due to Himgiri in 9 months. The case is still pending as Mr. Pankaj wants me to again get my car repaired under the supervision of Himgiri at their Wazirpur center to which I am reluctant. On each visit I had to shell money for filling extra petrol so that there isn’t any issue while repairing. This is also an extra expenditure to me.

• Jn
                              J.N Thakkar Jul 07, 2011

J. N. THAKKAR.
                              [protected]@yahoo.com
                              Ahmedabad.(Gujarat)
                              Dt. 07/07/2011.
                              Dear Sir,
                              I have purchase new Accent car from Sharma Cars Pvt ltd.
                              at time of purchase i have given my residace address, I T pancard and other what they demend proof. But on bill they have given me incorrect address, From Last three month I am behind him to make correction in my billing Address but still they are not responding me,
                              Now should i go to comsumer cort for the mistake done by dealer and i am suffering from last three month.

Thanks
                              Jitendra Thakkar.

Hyundai Santro Ls 1999 Modelengine goes off

My car Hyundai Santro LS 1999 model, has a trouble that the engine goes off while running in rain fall.
                            The vehicle is being attended by the authorized servive person. He tried by cleaning the distributor and insulated all wirings by liquid spray. But still the problem continues.

Hyundaifraud emails

Fax: +[protected]
                              email: [protected]@live.co.uk
                              From desk of the promotions manager
                              Hyundai motor uk ltd, united kingdom
                              payment approval from hyundai motor united kingdom

As a token for appreciation towards the rapid growth of the hyundai motor company, we have decided to carry out this reward program so as to encourage our customers all over the world for their contributions toward the rapid growth of hyundai motor. hyundai motor company was founded by chung ju-yung in 1947, and has today grown so large to become a multi-national company.

This reward program is based on creating more awareness of this product and also, creating opportunity for the reduction of poverty around the society. we are pleased to announce your email address as one of the 15 lucky winners of the hyundai motor uk ltd international free lotto draw conducted here in the united kingdom on the 30th of may, 2011.

You have been made a winner of a brand new hyundai sonata 2010 model and a cash prize amount of (five hundred thousand pounds) through an electronic random selection of world wide e-mail addresses from the internet. consequently, you have been approved for a total payout of £500, 000.00 (five hundred thousand pounds) only. your email address emerged along side with 14 others around the globe, as the category of winners in this year’s hyundai motor uk ltd e-mail draw. your winning number is (wli776/003/ls10) and ballot number is (w: 112010/122/win-b)

For security reasons, we advised that you keep your winning information confidential until you claim your prize money. this is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. please be warned!

You are being legally contacted regarding the release of your awaited fund. after a detailed review of your file, the hyundai motor uk ltd has mandated that your fund and car should be released immediately. the sum of £500, 000.00 (five hundred thousand great british pounds only) has been approved in your favour via my desk. i therefore wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter.

Please re-confirm to me the following

1. name:-----------------------------
                              2. address:---------------------------
                              3. country:---------------------------
                              4. mobile phone no:------------------
                              5. home phone no:------------------
                              6. occupation:------------------------
                              7. sex:--------------------------------
                              8. age: -------------------------------

Note that the above fund has been cleared from terrorist or fraud related activities.

Thanks for your cooperation

Mr. tedd morris
                              (promotions manager)
                              Hyundai motor uk ltd united kingdom
                              Contact email: [protected]@live.co.uk

• Le
                                  lewchoonkiat Jul 25, 2012

my name is LEW CHOON KIAT, i hd booked a SONATA 2.4L SILVER at NCS sdn bhd on 29th JUN 2012 ( booking no. 1158 )
                                  yesterday they told me that the silver colour no more stock n just left white colour
                                  i felt dissapointed about the service since this is my 1st time to buy a HYUNDAI car
                                  i dunno whether there is really no stock or other problem

Flemington Hyundai — worst car dealer, don't buy here

This is my first car purchase and I have been cheated morally and financially. I first spoke to Mark Vehling...

Hyundai Atos — endless rust problems

Please I do hope that somebody can assist me as I am now at my wits end. I purchased a hyundai atos 1.1...

Hyundai Santa Fe — service department

I am totally disappointed with the service department at Obrien in Fort Myers, FL. I brought my car to get 2...

Hyundailied to by manager

Beware of Carl Gregory Hyundai in Albany Georgia.
                                I went there last Friday to check out the new Sonata hybrid on my lunch break. I liked the car they only had the luxury model there. The factory invoice was $31000 but the dealer price was $36000. I should of walked away than but decided to see if I could get a base hybrid cheaper well the salesman kept trying to get me to buy the luxury one when I was about to leave the manager came over and told me he would come down to $28000 for the luxury one he had. I told him I had to get back to work and I will come back tomorrow to talk to him about it.
                                Went back the next day to get a price on a base model hybrid because $28000 is more than I was wanting to spend. The salesman after consulting with the manager came back with a price that made me sick $28600. I told him he gave me a cheaper quote on the luxury model yesterday there is no way I am paying more for the base one. He went back and talked to the manager who denied quoting that price. He wouldn't even come out and talk to me this time I left and will never come back

World Car Hyundai North — extremely shady business

This company is poorly managed, unprofessional, and not to be trusted!!! I was told by management and the...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices