Having problems with HSBC Holdings?

+44 122 626 1010 (Non HSBC Bank customers)
+44 122 626 0260 (Premier Banking Customers)
+44 122 626 0878 (Business Banking Customers)
+44 345 712 5563 (Textphone)
PO Box 6125,
Coventry, England, West Midlands
United Kingdom - CV39GW

Complaints & Reviews

inefficient processing of credit card applications!!

I filled out an application for a HSBC Gold Credit Card on their website. Within a week, an agent called...

hsbc credit card cheating

Long time back HSBC peoples called me regarding life time gold credit card. I refused that. But contineously they called me up. They should complete 15 customers per month. So they sent out credit card with out any confirmation. I didn't open the cover also.

Recently I have received one SMS regarding 4670 Rupees outstanding. They didn't send any communication letter and call. I called the customer care people they told HSBC won't give life time free credit card. They will charge anuall fees and what ever charges applicable.

I am very disappointed with their service. It is very worst. They are cheating the customers.

• Bi
    binme Dec 17, 2007

My mother also had a credit card in HSBC. Itseems she did not make the payment.. i have no idea.. she does not stay with me.. i am her daughter and I am being harassed by Ms. Tulasi from HSBC, Hyd for making the payment.. I do not have any contacts with my mother now... she and my sister stay abroad.. i have give Ms. Tulasi my sister's number also.. but inspite of this she is harassing me.. stating that she is going to send summons to my office address and asking me to make the payment.. why shoudl I and what legal way should I make my mother's payment.. i am also married and having kids.. my family is different now...

• In
    inez castleschouldt Jun 29, 2008

HSBC is a very sneaky company they send out many card offers by different names some with very good interest rates that is how i fell into their trap. they sent me and offer for 0% for 12 months on balance transfers. it sounded great because at the end of the offer the interest was to be 9.9%, they first did what they said then they began charging me late charges when i was set up on auto payment with them, so i couldn't be late the first time they removed it after that they kept telling me they were not responsible if the payment was not on time even though sometime i had emails from them that they were on time when i told them this they said just because they received it on time doesn't mean it's posted on time there is no bank that i know of that has this practice and i have checked with many this is when i found out it was an HSBC card even though there was a different name on the card when i started checking my cards i had 4 HSBC cards and didn't know it. I think all cards should have to say who owns their company, i have had nothing but trouble from all cards from HSBC.

• Dw
    dwijendra babu Sep 08, 2009

hsbc is a 420 company recently i made my card payments it is reflecting in my bank statement they say that i have written some other card no and charged me late payment fee .then i cancelled the card and they asked me to submit the statement which i have done, but still they are sending me the balance amount.

• 1m
    1mike23 Jul 07, 2010

Please allow me to introduce myself my name is Michael Mason-Mahon and I am a shareholder of HSBC Plc. I am based in London yet I am a very regular visitor to India.

I may be able to help you. I can assure you that I will do all that I can to help you. I have been very successful in the people that I have taken up their cases with HSBC.

So if you would like to contact me and send me your phone number I will call you personally.

Kind regards
    Michael

Mobile: 0044 7834763544
    E-mail: [email protected]

• Ad
    Adam6969 Jul 07, 2010

It happening in HSBC malaysia as well, the HSBC marketing will try to persuade to you take up the credit card by telling your waiver of annual fee as well as cash back but it is not happening. After few months I still don get my cash back and worst when i call customer service they just say they will investigate and eventually I had to call so many times with no answer given !

my application status

Dear sir, I am already apply you Credit card last 3 month before . I am complited all requirement for that...

nobody cares about missing money

HSBC made several fixed monthly telegraphic payments to Standard Chartered Bank in the first quarter of this year for me, both HSBC and SCB accounts are in Dubai and are in my name. Three of the payments never hit the receiving account but have been debited to my HSBC account. It's now the end of October and it still is unresolved, they have just lost my money. People take the details, go on holiday and don't reply, complaint emails and faxes are simply ignored (after carefully being given a 'complaint number' by the bank). These people are a complete disaster, the staff have no pride in their work and no respect for their customers. Their just saying 'sorry' all the time does absolutely nothing.

savings account - failure to show fees and debits online

The normal procedure of maintaining an account is to have a balance of 25000 over a quarter period. Now I have not been able to maintain this balance for numerous reasons, which is not up for debate now. There are charges levied against your account incase this is not maintained.

What is indeed a painful issue is that these levies cannot be seen on the account statement. The balance statement of the account does not reflect this amount, and the account is put on hold for want of payment of these charges.

My issues is that unless I see that there are charges, that i need to pay before i can start using the account again, i cannot do anything. In short, nowhere in the account statement could i see that such a charge is being levied on my account. The least that the account should have showed is an overdraft or a negative balance, which I could resolve by paying. But unless this is not visible to me, i am not in a position to envisage such a hold on my account.

I recently transfered an amount of Rs. 36000 into the account, and issued a cheque for Rs 35000, unassuming that there is such a hold on my account. I was never told of it. The cheque bounced!! and I had to face the embarrasement of not having an honorable cheque, despite having the amount in the account, AND having to pay chq bouncing charges.

I later discovered, that i have to call the customer care to remove this hold, which would further take 5 working days for the process to be completed.

Such shoddy management is nothing short of being called ridiculous! My suggestion to all, take your monies out from this bank if you have already committed such a mistake

I inted to move the courts soon.

Karthik

shadie pay off of auto loan

I just paid off my auto loan with HSBC auto finance. I paid off the amount ,a little over 15k,that was stated in their billing statement. I have never been late with a payment. I then get a bill from them for $104 and it is due in of all things it is due in 01/05/2010! I called had a heck of a time finding out what this is about.Basically they didn't know themselfs at first, them a supervisor said it was for amertised interest, because the pay off amount was only good for 30 days or so and they got the payment from me 2 days after the pay off was good for. Whats up with that kind of ethics, I pay off a 15k debt,never late and they charge me $104.00. As to the $104.00 bill being due in 2010, there was no explanation at all, they did say it had nothing to do with the pay off of the loan and I would receive my clear title. All I have to say is, HSBC I better receive it! I would recommend that no one use this finance company, their treatment of customers is, if nothing else, quite shadie!

• Au
    autofinance Jul 29, 2009

There is this thing called daily interest, the payoff you sent in was probably your balance owed, not the Payoff amount. The payoff amount would include the interest accrued from the last day you had made a payment until the day the payoff is received.! Per you contract!!!

• Cr
    Crazyone Nov 17, 2009

You should of payed before the 30 payoff. You had to pay 2 days interest. Its your own fault!!

• Lo
    lossers Nov 19, 2009

Can any one get a hold of a real person there. What number do you have to dial to get somone to talk to you.

• Ad
    adalia salomaa Mar 16, 2010

800-418-1888 press 1 for english, then 3, then 0, then 0. But did you not check your mail a few months ago? Or the hsbcautoloans.com website??? HSBC Auto Finance EXITED the auto finance industry in the US.

Santander bought out their portfolio and will now be servicing your loan.

hsbc-tata aig general insurance

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Sandeep Lohchab, I used to carry a HSBC credit card and few days after receipt of Credit Card, I got a call from TATA AIG saying that “TATA AIG-HSBC have made a partnership for general insurance”. That executive start telling me about the plan and start gathering me the information, I told him that I don’t require this kind of policy. Instead of my denying he sent me the policy.

After receipt of the policy, again I called the TATA-AIG that I don’t want this policy. But no action has been taken and when I receipt the statement that policy premium amount was there.

After that I called HSBC and TATA AIG many times. They are saying that you have to give written application for cancellation. Then I told that I have never opted for this policy then why should I apply for cancellation.

But they are always adding that amount to my statement.

Finally I destroyed the card.

But, still I am getting the calls from them regarding the payment.

Please help me what should I do in such situation.

AS I HAVE NEVER GIVE ANY ACCEPTANCE IN WRITTEN THEN WHY THEY ARE CHARGING ME FOR THIS KIND OF POLICY.

Hope for a positive reply me from your end.

With Regards

Sandeep Lohchab

• Ra
    raghav Jun 01, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

Some 1 yrs back 2008 i was approached by HSBC credit card agents who kept on following up with me till i agreed to apply for their life time free crdit card. I had never used the credit card. After 1 yr i received a call from the bank that i had outstanding balance of Rs 4000.On enquiring about the transaction the bank told me that the same has been deducted towards TATA AIG General Insurance premium.I was shocked to hear that since i had neither applied for the same nor received any such policy either from TATA AIG or HSBC. I got my card blocked and asked the bank to cancel the policy as i had not applied for the same.
    But they are always adding that amount to my statement.

Finally I destroyed the card.

But, still I am getting the calls from them regarding the payment.

Please help me what should I do in such situation.

Hope for a positive reply me from your end.

• Rk
    R. Kapil Nov 18, 2009

The same happened with me. They have not taken even my Signature for the agreement then how can they consider me as a policy holder and most important how can they take money from credit card without any agrrement.

• Na
    Naveenyadavgsm Jan 04, 2010

Dear Sir,

This is reference to my credit card issued to me.When I received my card it was not working I cannot able to access anywhere.I complained to costomor care center and they asked me to send new card but till not I have not recieved my card.When I called to costomer care again then they asked me your old card has been blocked and new card will be issued to you soon.But till date I have not recieved my card while I am getting the statements of some amounts.

As I have not purchesed anything with this card and already paid Rs 2500/ as per instruction of recovery department as they ask me to close the statements as zero till the new card issued to me.

But till date neither I recieved my new card nor got the closeing of statements with zero balance.

Therefore I request you to issue me working card and make my statement with zero balance till the receiving of new card.

Details are as given below:

Name: Naveen P Yadawa
    Card No. : 4384599984520741
    Mobile No : 9322695040

• Sk
    sk707 Jan 21, 2011

HSBC was rated the worst credit card company under last year's survey. I can see the reasons why. It has limited customer service hours. I have called so many times in the afternoons and weekends and I had to wait until the next business day. Anybody who has HSBC credit cards can close them down and try a new company

unfair late payment charges

We have a HSBC Visa card this is the first time we used it, it is a joint card, we have misplaced the bill that we received and tried to find the outstanding amt from customer service but dint get any help saying we dont have pin number, one fine day we got a call saying outstanding amt to be paid, we asked to arrange a pickup as payment centers are far but they said it is not possible, they charged 1000 charges. This is unfair, with out our mistake we had to bear this charges.

poor service!

HSBC is the useless one in customer care. I hold a credit card. First of all they were sending my statement...

cancellation of credit card not complied

I was issued credit card by some middle man; when i was reluctant to have it. This was done perhaps two years back. I have made not even a single transaction; further i sent my refusal and torn credit card to HQ in ordinary mail also said the same to their representative. However, my credit card is still alive and i'm being billed annual fees, service taxes, etc. When i'm not availing any services. This is shear harassment for no fault of mine. Someone suggest how can I get card cancelled and all fees condoned?

Thanking You,
Arvinder pal singh

• Ra
    rajeev Sep 29, 2007

HSBC CREDIT CARD DEVISION MAKING PEOPLE FOOLS.. HYDERABAD-AP INDIA.. THERE IS NO CELL FOR CREDIT CARD DEVISION OF HSBC-HYDERABAD BRANCH AP-INDIA.

regarding card cancellation issue. regarding balance transfer issue.

i have a issue with hsbc mentioned below after making complaint this conversation happend with the hsbc bank customer care dept.

1>i asked cc what is the status of my tata-aig complaint return complaint status-(6sep), he told that it has canceled fine,so i told that there is no intimation regarding that cancellation, after that i asked about the balance transfer which i asked to transfer 6000 Rs to citi bank on 18-20 of sep.

2>He told that it didn't happened because i called the customer care dept on 2nd regarding tata-aig issue and asked them to cancel the credit card if u r not resolving this issue.after that there is no intimation to me regarding the cancellation of card.

3>if that is the case i got the credit card bill on around 11-15 of this sep. why don't u people mentioned in that letter itself that i requested for cancellation and why u people informed that this card is under cancellation procedure.

4>leave it if that is the case when i contacted the customer care dept and when i logged a complaint on tata-aig insurance(sep-18-20) issue why u didn't inform me and also when i asked for balance transfer how he agreed for balance transfer and i got a call from chennai for balance transfer they taken both citi and hsbc card numbers. Even when u called me ,that time also u didn't ask about the cancellation issue .he told that the cancellation procedure wll take 7 days procedure if that is the case after 2nd sep (sun) and the bill generation is on 11-sep(tue) means totally 7 days are there to mention in the bill itself which u send to me ,but u didn't mentioned in the bill itself. so mistake is from ur side only check the voice interaction of my account once ... after some time i was asking these questions he disconnected the call. ny how i got to know,

5>this means they r making me fool i understood every thing ..

• Se
    Selvam Oct 17, 2007

When ever i got the HSBC Credit Card it is a LifeTime Free card they told , But now I'm being billed annual fees, service taxes, etc. I am trying to cancel the card, no one is properly response from the customer care. How can I get card cancelled and all fees condoned?

• Kv
    kvprajan Jun 21, 2009

HSBC is full fraud. Please dont go for it. Equally bad next category is ICICI.

There is no credit card which is free. All credit card work based on annual fees/service tax only. Read terms and conditions carefully. Its a RBI rule to have annual fee on a card. Bank gracefully reverses annual fee/service tax to encourage/indirectly cheat us to use credit card. Even RBI doesn't ask the bank to do this. So, be careful when someone says free card. Free card is never a free card until you use it.

If you ask the bank people clearly, they would say "based on conditional card usage annual fee will be reversed".

Always use credit card from bank from which you have debit account. you will have more control on them atleast.

sickening behavior

I have been a HSBC Credit Card holder since April 2006 until Feb 2007.

In the bill of July 2006 for Rs 27941.22, I disputed an amount of Rs 2195, upon which I called their Customer Cell and they asked me to pay the balance and they would check out the disputed amount. After a few days the amount was proved correct and I paid up the amount, of course.

The problem started thereon. The bank charged me Late Payment Fees and other Charges on the Full amount of Rs 27941.22 instead of only the disputed amount of Rs 2195. I again called the Cust Rep and asked them to reverse the charges which they refused. I sent them a letter but to no avail. Each time I called up, I was made to hold for sometimes 30 minutes at a stretch and in the end it was the same story. I wrote another letter but still they refused to listen saying that I was supposed to pay the full amount and then ask for the clarification on the disputed amount. I repeatedly kept on telling them that their Cust Rep had not mentioned this and he just told me to pay the balance minus the disputed amount. They insisted that this was not true and I even gave them the name of the person I had spoken to but still they refused to reverse the charges.

After going through this disgusting experience I flatly refused to pay the unjust Late Payment Charges. I sent them the amount for the subsequent purchases I had made alongwith a final letter informing them that I no longer wanted to continue doing business with them and no longer be subjected to further humiliation of this sort. This was on 13th Feb 2007. The last purchase by me thru this card was on 11 Dec 2007. Upto that purchase I cleared all the dues.

Since then I am getting bills every month with amounts that have Late Payment charges upon Late Payment charges. And I am getting Abusive and Threatening calls from some people who state they are from the Bank. Two persons came to my building and buzzed on the intercom stating they were from the bank. I told them that if they have the Bank ID Card, one, only one, of them could come up and meet me. Upon this they made some excuse and went away. After that the calls have become more frequent and abusive.

I cannot tolerate this kind of sickening behavior from any business house. I hold other Credit Cards and I have had no issues with them. I am not some offender which the bank feels can be treated so disgustingly. I have disregarded their periodic letters but this kind of obnoxious behavior, I will not tolerate. I want to know what are the option open for me to end this disgusting episode.

Regards

• Li
    linda Nov 11, 2008

My name is Linda Vu I am a student at University of Greenwich. I was recommended by a friend to invest my student loan into a mini cash individual saving account (ISA) in HSBC.
    On 29th March 2008, I opened the mini cash ISA and invested £3, 000 in cash. After I received a letter which confirmed that the account was successfully opened and that the total amount invested came to £3000.

About six months after, I decided to a visit a different branch of HSBC to check my balance as I have never received any statements since the account was opened. On the screen, it indicated that I only had around £1000 in the account, which I had deposited into my account a few times in the time I opened the account till 6 months later. It showed that the £3000 I had invested had not been deposited or withdrawn.

With this on my mind I went to the branch I opened my account with in Dartford and ask to speak to the manager but was told he was too “busy” to see me. The person who spoke to me replied that the money that I invested when opening my account was not there. She then said that the manager would get back to me regarding the issue.
    I returned a few days later as I had not been contacted about the issue and therefore asked to speak to the manager only to be told he is too busy to speak to his customers. I was then told to talk to another member of staff who said that they will be investigating by checking all the account, speaking to the person responsible for opening the account “Tom Kazza”, and by checking their CCTV security system.
    I was then told that the manager will definitely contact me within the next two days.

I was not surprise at all when the manager failed to contact me which made me have to go to the branch for the third. Again I was told the manager was yet again busy so I had to speak to the sales manager who said that the £3, 000 transaction was not made on any accounts in that branch on Saturday 24th of March 2008, their CCTV camera did not go back 6 months and that they do not accept cash on a Saturday. The sales manager also indicated that the person responsible, Tom Kazza, was new at his job. Questions were going through my mind such as “why was he allowed to open mine or any other customer accounts and take our money?” and “Who else has he done this to or is going to pull this stunt again?”
    She also said the letter of confirmation I had shown is not regarded as proof and wanted my account statements to prove I had that amount in my account.

After being told this, I took a trip to the police station to inform them that Tom Kazza or HSBC has stolen my money, I showed my evidence that I had £3, 000 in my other account and the letter confirming £3, 000 has now been credit to your account.
    I was told by the police that HSBC do have the CCTV that goes back to the time my account had been open. In order to open mini cash ISA, I would have needed to deposit money onto it, so therefore how could I possibly open my account on the 24th of March and have a letter confirming I had opened it and the amount I put in prove not to be enough evidence. I was told that in her opinion it was enough proof. I was then advised to go back to the branch to get a letter, which should say that no transaction of that amount was made, and bring it back to the station so that they could investigate the matter.

The HSBC branch in Dartford has been very unhelpful leading to a very distressed and an unhappy customer. Each time I went there, I was told the branch manager was too busy to see and that he will contact me and unfortunately happened three times

When the new manager Hayley Lowe finally investigated the matter she sent me a letter confirming there is no evidence £3000 was credited into my account, of course I was extremely angry so I called up the head office where they said further investigation will be required. I then went into the branch to talk to Hayley to understand what investigation she had done, the only thing she done was talked to Tom Kazze who said “he remembers me and that I did not credit no money in” and that no account within the branch received the £3000, however to open a ISA account you need at least £1 in order for your account to be opened, of course the manager said you don’t need to put no money in, this is when I asked for a leaflet which she went and got, read it, and annoyed “yes you was right you do need to put £1 in but you don’t really” what kind of response is that? I then demanded for another investigation as Tom Kazze or another member of staff has taken my money.
    I gave her my Halifax statement to prove I had £3000 in my account during the time I opened my ISA account. During the three weeks after the interview, the senior manager Rebecca Kemp called me up saying they are investigating the matter and can look at their CCTV the date I opened my account.

The 11th of November I receive a letter from Rebecca that “the declaration letter handed to you at the time of opening your account had incorrectly stated the subscription amount and, have fully investigated the matter, I can confirm that we did not receive any funds from yourself on the day opening the account” I imminently called her up to see what they did to investigate that Tom Kazze has taken my money, she replied she has evidence that I did not cash in no money via investigating Tom Kazza again in front of he’s manager and looked at the accounts, this is the same investigation they did before, I keep on repeating you said you was going to check your CCTV, Rebecca replied “we feel we have enough evidence from Tom admitting he’s done a faulty on typing in £3000 and checking all of the account” this is not a fully investigation that he’s taken my money and I have not been treated fairly as a customer as I replied many time did you check your CCTV as that’s the evidence I did give Tom Kazza £3000 in cash, Rebecca kept on saying “for the final time we have done our fully investigation!!” this is not including the CCTV. I kept on asking “but have you checked your CCTV” and she said “for the final time we have fully investigated the matter” then rudely hung up the phone on me! She would not answer my question as she has not investigated the issue fully. I am a very unhappy customer who has been distressed and emotional for the last 2 months as they have not been treating me as a individual, refuse to give back my money that I invested in and I feel as I am being discriminate due to my age of being 20. Tom Kazza has taken my money please help!

Please contact me on 07809879949 or email me on [email protected] for more information. I will be happy enough to do interviews.

harassment!

I got HSBC card. First month i did not receive any bill. When there executive called me and informed that...

insurance money taken from my a/c without my permission

Last year in May I signed up for a Accident Policy from Tata Aig & promoted by Hsbc who pushed it thru. It expired on 26.May.2007. This year they wanted to renew it, so I asked them to answer a question, they called about 2-3 times & then a person called Mary from Tata seems to have authorised it and monthly money is being taken though no permission has been taken from me.

Hsbc asks me to contact Tata Aig, Tata Aig at a number provided by Hsbc ask me to call Mumbai. I claled the 1800 no today & spoke to Monica, who said the policy had lapsed. She asked for the Hsbc CC number, gave & she could not find anything. No record at all.

As a former employee of Hsbc I can confirm they make money by cheating people but indulge in big talk.

I will be taking this to the Ombudsman.

• Hi
    Hira Sep 02, 2008

plz sir
    this is plan Tata AIG MahaRaksha. closed not give me plan
    my Address Hira h parmar 122 sai nath housing soc near manjalpur township 2
    bhatkuwa manjalpur baroda 390011 but this is my a/c close im going to usa

name appearing in satyam online defaulters list

I was a HSBC credit card holder, i had outstanding amount on the credit card and the same was settled with...

bank transfer error!

I made a bank Transfer over the internet for 20,000 AED into a foreign account. The bank called me to clarify what funds the transfer would be made in and I confirmed that it would be for 20,000 AED. The bank then transferred 103,000 AED. This is my rent money and I will not be able to pay my rent because the bank are saying it will take up to 14 days to sort this problem out. I do not have 14 days to wait as I need to pay my rent on the 1st of August and I am marrying on the 30th August.

Beware!

• Re
    rebecca gross Feb 13, 2008

Miss Rebecca Gross
    Abidjan Cote D Ivoire
    West Africa

Dearest,
    Please i am sorry for the inconvinences and embarrassment this may look like but i wrote it with the heart of tears and sorrows as an orphan,seeking your understanding and help in the name of GOD I am Rebecca Gross the only daughter of late Mr and Mrs Williams Gross.My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan , the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip . My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on 20th may 2006 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of .USD $10.5m left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan ,that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates. That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate management or hotel management .Dear, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:
    (1) To provide a good bank account into which this money would be transferred into .
    (2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 19years.
    (3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country. Moreover,dear, i am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your effort/ input after the successful transfer of this fund into your nominated account overseas. Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within seven (7) days you signify interest to assist me.
    Anticipating to hear from you soon.
    remain bless,
    Yours Faithfully,
    Rebecca Gross

very poor service!

I left UAE in jan 2004 and before I left I cleared my personal loan and rest of the accounts with HSBC Dubai but I didn't close my credit card since I was going to a new place and might have needed it. Technically the bank should have closed all my accounts with them since I my company had intimated them in writing of my intentions of leaving UAE and when I had personal approached the collection dept. at that time. Over an year I was using this card and payments were made on time from the money left in the prosper a/c. and when there was no money in the account I used to transfer funds from overseas so that payments can be made on time. Since I was not receiving any statements from the bank I requested for a e-statement from the bank in writing through an email, this facility the bank introduced after I bought it to there notice. despite my written request and phone call to customer service my request for e-statement was not accommodated for unknown reasons. The credit card balances were going up and down without me having any clue what was happening in the account, so I stopped making payments. After almost an year i get a phone call and an email from there CMU dept. that I owe the bank a concocted amount with undue interest and penalties. I did respond to there phone call and the email (I feel now had I kept quite it would have been better) and from the beginning I said i will repay the bank all the amounts due with a legitimate interest and in good faith I transferred some money that month itself.

I have been negotiating with the bank for a reasonable amount for some time with threats hurled out at me every now and then and finally my case was handed down to so called the team leader of CMU dept. This team leader of there on one side he was negotiating with me and at the same time he was inquiring about me in the country of my origin which is a ###ly act. Since i wanted to get over with this saga I didn't make an issue and I agreed to an amount given by him. Unfortunately I was not allowed sufficient time to repay despite my repeated request and on numerous occasions I informed them of my incapacity to repay big installments due to my financial situation and they were asking for exorbitant amounts if I was to delay payments.

I agreed to an amount and gave this person an address to send the statements which he had been asking for so that I can see the statements before I pay in full. No sooner I said I will pay in one go and gave him the address he turns around and informs me that he is no longer handling the case and it has been given to external debt collection agency as if he was waiting for me to give him the address and according to him since I didn't respond to his email for two weeks he had to resort to such an action without even bothering to give a reminder which shows lack of professionalism. This person is being greedy and he thinks he can rip me off extra money.

Now the situation is such that I have paid in full borrowing from a store card at 29% interest rate according to the proposal given to me and now this person is dilly dallying to give the clearance letter and legal action release letter and doesn't even bother to give a curtsy reply. Neither does the customer service to whom I have been marking a copy.

I wish to know if there is a consumer forum where i can give in my complaint and if not I surely want to sue the bank and this person for unnecessary stress and harassment. I also wish to go to media and tell them how they are oppressing the expatriate population and they think they can get away with whatever nuisance thrown at them.

• Aj
    Ajith Aug 19, 2007

I left Dubai from 2007 January 5th itself. Me also holding a Credit card from First Gulf bank. Unfortunately i forget to close that card. Now my friends said to me that, my balance is 6408 Dhs and they are giving 3 days time to refund it. Other wise, they are going for legal action. I sent minimum 6 mails to the bank and i called more that 4 times to customer care. They are least bothered about this. So be careful, if taking credit card from Dubai. Its not a credit Card, its a Cheat Card.

• Mi
    mike galasso Dec 25, 2007

Take your complaint to the news papers. Believe me HSBC will resolve everything asap. They will contact you immediately finding out bad publicity to the bank. It is in their best interest to close this matter with you.

• Re
    rebecca gross Feb 13, 2008

Miss Rebecca Gross
    Abidjan Cote D Ivoire
    West Africa

Dearest,
    (2) To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 19years.
    Anticipating to hear from you soon.
    remain bless,
    Yours Faithfully,
    Rebecca Gross

• Ro
    roula May 09, 2009

i need to work in bank HSBC in dubai telephinist operator

they are extortionists!

The U.S. government should investigate the unfair business practices of HSBC Retail Services. Simply put -...

money transfer problems

I transfered money oman HSBC through internet banking 100 ro, i got receipt also they charged for telegraphic transfer4ro remaining 96ro they send to hsbc mumbai branch and again they deducted 16ro. Total they i lost 20 percentage money they are doing unfair and hidden charges. When i asked many times they didn't clarify any thing as per bank charges for money is not matter these people are cheating customers.

fraud collection tactics!

I wanted to pay my son's past due payments to avoid repossession of his vehicle. I called HSBC over a period of 4 hours and was repeatedly, and I believe DELIBERATELY, hung up on by each person I spoke to. I offered to pay the past due amount on my credit card in order to expedite matters. I was told HSBC wouldn't "use debt to pay debt". I explained that I have no dealings of my own with HSBC, and that if I wanted to use my own credit card to pay them it would not impact them or my son in any way, except to better my son's account status. They still said NO. So I express mailed them a cashiers check, only to be told that wasn't good enough, either. It was a Moneygram or Western Union, or no dice. So now I have to stop payment on the cashiers check (there is a wait of 90 days to get that money back!!), and I have to pay a fee to use Moneygram - which will let me pay on my credit card!!

If you want to send email complaints to HSBC yourself, as I have already done, here's the link: https://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/HICServlet?cmd_GeneralContactUsCaller=&accept-language=en-us

• Da
    datta Aug 11, 2008

Unable to connect customer service through my mobile, even through i gave my credit card number correctly.

lousy service!

My urgent transaction is pending for over a week. As advised by their customer service in hong kong, I have my letter verified and sent to them by express mail. I checked with the post office and it was delivered last Saturday. But they first told me that they couldn't find the letter and after providing the express mail number, they never called me back about the status anymore though I told them that I would be up all night for their response.

What a lousy company.

• Li
    linda Nov 11, 2008

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices