Menu
Home Depot Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Home Depot
reviews and complaints

www.homedepot.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.2 11299 Reviews

How responsive is Home Depot's customer service?

231 Resolved
2153 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
Home Depot is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that Home Depot has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Home Depot has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Home Depot reviews and complaints 2412

Sort by:

Newest Home Depot reviews and complaints

11:12 am EDT

Home Depot - The Oneonta Store customer help with a online refund

I am complaining about an order i placed online from the oneonta store on 07/07/2023 for a upright freezer.I placed the order online order# WJ36222857. I had a 25.00 dollar discount from the pro dept that i wanted to use but had a problem applying it to my order.So i cancelled the order after it was ordered. I called and had a person help me reorder the...

2:41 pm EDT

Home Depot - Credit card fraudulent administration

On September 6, 2022 I made a $6211 purchase on my HD credit card and took advantage of a 24 month 0% financing promotion. I set my account up to autopay and to complete the payments in 23 months. All payments were processed on-time and more than the minimum payment. I needed a new refrigerator in January, so I purchased one on the credit card and then made...

G
1:25 pm EDT

Home Depot Military discount

I purchased $2000 of building supplies (lumber, hardware, Trex, etc.) assuming I would get a military discount of 10 percent. I was told my discount did not apply because I was buying "building supplies." I asked what exactly was in the store that was NOT a building supply? Turns out the employees could only think of "soda." So, If I'm shopping HD and want to know that I'm getting a military discount and not wanting to learn otherwise at the register, how exactly do I know what qualifies?

Desired outcome: 10 percent applied to the credit card I used at the store to purchase.

B
2:46 pm EDT

Home Depot Window ac

I order 2 window units on 16 Aug. I was given 21 Aug or possibly earlier as delivery time. I now have a deliver date of 22 Aug. The items are 6 hours away. I have had the worst customer service experience. I have been on hold forever, hung up on, been left hanging on chat. Terrible experience. I made arrangements for installation, now I have to cancel and reschedule. Why will it take from 19 Aug to 22 Aug to come from 6 hours away? I went to 5 different stores looking for a 12000btu ac. Not a single store had one. This is August, hottest month of the year and the stores can't reorder to have stock? Lowes had them in stock but unfortunately I did not have a lowes card, only home depot. I guess I need to get a lowes card and cancel yours since your service is so bad.

Beverly Owen

Update by Beverly O
Aug 19, 2023 2:53 pm EDT

Ordered 2 window units on line 16 Aug. Was told would be delivered 21 Aug. Had a gosh awful time trying to order. Customer service would keep me on hold for 20 minutes, then go to survey without talking to anyone. The chat on line is extremely slow with responses. Finally asked to speak to management. He was very helpful. He took my order and said would be delivered the 21st. I made installation arrangements. Now I am told delivery on the 22nd. Have to cancel my arrangements and reschedule. On chat today and once again no help, extremely frustrating when waiting 10 minutes between responses.. Just plain terrible service

A
10:47 am EDT

Home Depot - Window installation job

I purchased 17 large custom windows from Home Depot (Anderson Windows) for installation also by Home Depot. The salesperson arrived, was very helpful, we settled on the cost and the material. I had some concerns that there would be a small area of untreated unpainted wood remaining around every window and asked how this could be remedied. The salesperson...

3:37 pm EDT

Home Depot Service

I went into the north haven ct store zip 06473 7/16/2023 with my doberman dog. I went to self check out and the register wasn’t working. An employee told another employee that she couldn’t help me because of my dog. This very offensive. I wonder is she says that about other dogs that visit that store? I believe this the same employee that asked me if my dog was vicious upon walking in the store. (I wonder if she asks the same question to customer with small dog breeds. Which can be more vicious than bigger dogs?) if she is that scared of certain breed of dogs, then she should work in another department or find a new job.

W
11:16 am EDT

Home Depot Window installation

I had windows installed on aug 10 ans 11, four windows were left with unfinished casings. Trying to get this resolved I get put on hold, with all the numbers I have on one is returning my calls or answering my e mails. Is theis the way home depot does business and leaving jobs undone.

Which is such a shame because was planning on having the siding done but because off of home depot not going with them.

Am I supposed to do all the casings on my own, how about you deduct the price of all the casings from my bill. I am not paying this bill until I get the windows fixed. Never seen such stupidity [protected]

Desired outcome: fix all the casings

Aug 16, 2023 2:46 pm EDT

We're extremely sorry to hear of your frustration.

Please contact [protected] for the customer service team to assist.

Please make sure to stay up too date on your payments concerning this service. Not doing so may lead to additional interest, late payment charges and collection fees, all of which is not under corporate control.

11:14 am EDT

Home Depot Storm door measurement and installation

On August 5, 2023 we ordered a storm door with installation from the Ocean City, MD store. The measurements were supposedly going to be taken the following week. It is now 1 1/2 weeks, and the measurements still have not been taken. When I called the store, nobody answers the phone. I had to call the 800 number to get someone on the line. Even he had a big problem getting thought to the store. I had a previous problem with the Home Depot at that location on a delivery and swore that I would never deal with the store unless I could walk out with the merchandise. Even the representative on the 800 number had a very difficult time getting through. This company very obviously does not care about customer service.

Desired outcome: FINASLLY, I got a call from the store as a result of the call to the 800 number. They need to have a better customer service setup.

9:49 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot Delivery of a refrigerator.

I was promised a delivery date of 11 Aug 2023. Purchased on 1 Aug 2023. It made it to Farmington, NM in a short time which is only 3 hours from my residence. It sat on a loading dock at ESTES for almost two weeks. It was finally delivered to Durango, CO yesterday. Now that’s only an hour from my place. Now Non Stop Deliver (NSD) is going to sit on it for up to another week from today. An hour from my house as I had mentioned. So it is going to take three weeks to move an item 3 hours away?

The old bait and switch. Promise the delivery and take my money, then deliver it when ever after I was told the 11th. NOT HAPPY ONE BIT.

Needed this refrigerator weeks ago but Home Depot says it’s out of their hands. My only satisfaction would be to refuse the item when it shows up and Let Home Depot eat the shipping. In the mean time I’ll find another refrigerator while I wait.

Desired outcome: Get it here in a day or two.

N
5:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot Tried to apply for a 6 month financing and was refused with no explanation

Today 8/15/2023 we went to apply for only a 6 month financing. We were going to put have down and do the financing and pay off within the 6 month.

Here is the reference number we were given [protected] the phone number we called [protected] stated we were denied and we asked why sorry can't give you any information until you receive our in 7 to 10 days. I have a very good income my wife and i. We own our home. Yes I have some credit cards open but I haven't charged on them and I was closing one out on jc penny's I didn't want it any longer.

As far as the rest of the debt my son pays for the personal loans every month and I can prove that and he paids for the discover card every month. My annual income with the va is 85,000 a year. The rest is our social security and our retirement fund. I have a good savings account. So you need to tell me why I was refuse and we don't want any excuses if you are dealing with citibank they are terrible people to deal with. You have bad reviews from others. You can email me. At nancy. [protected]@outlook.com

Desired outcome: All I want is the 6 month financing that's it. And let us put down half toward the financing.

L
1:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot The credit card with their name by citi bank

Home depot is saying that I had a special charge on flooring last October 2022 and now I owe $8000 because I have not paid it off in 6 months. But they cannot give me any statements to the fact. I went I to my account on their site and there were no specials for the flooring. They have never given a statement showing interest rate. I have everything showing all the different balances they post to my texting account. I understand that the FTC has granted customers a court degree against them on false Marketing practices. How do I go about filing agai st them also

Desired outcome: Stop home depot from adding charges without showing interest rates

R
1:57 pm EDT

Home Depot Order ID [protected] GE JCGSS86SP2SS

Hello, my name is Sam,

I have recently purchased an oven from Home Depot. I can't even begin to explain the terrible experience I have had with this unit, not to mention the run around from several department hours on the phone. Representatives hung up on me because they did not want to address this matter. (this was not home depot it was some GE subcontractor). I am a retired contractor and have been purchasing materials and equipment from home depot for years! I have been compensated with Leafs tickets as thanks to my large purchases over the years.

This oven we bought has given me and my wife many troubles, not heating consistently heavy door and parts missing upon delivery which has just arrived a week ago still the wrong part. (now I have 2).

Desired outcome: Item purchased on June 19, contacted home depot late June to address my concern, would like this item returned or exchanged! the receipt is attached. CONTACT [protected] me or my son Roi [protected]@hotmail.com thank you

View 0 more photos
Aug 13, 2023 12:42 am EDT

Hi Sam.

We appreciate hearing from you and are extremely sorry to understand you're having problems with your GE oven.

GE is a trusted partner of The Home Depot and provides a remarkable line of products.

Part of the contracts The Home Depot has with GE is that the retailer is able to exchange any damaged product within 48 hours of delivery or pick up; beyond that, GE steps on to handle their own equipment.

With the model and serial number on hand, please contact the manufacturer at 1-800-GECARES. They should have you running in no time.

3:43 pm EDT

Home Depot French Doors at HomeDepot in League City Texas

Paid $2.097.80 for French Doors that I never received and Home Depot will not give me my money back. First gave me a date of August 2nd to receive my doors and when I didn't received them I visited the Home Depot in League City Tx. Gave me a new date of August 10th still no doors. Went back to the store and was told they don't have the materials to make the doors and I should check back October 10th. Told them I could not wait that long and I wanted my money back. Home Depot said Ok but I would have to pay a restock fee of 15% for doors they never had, I told them why am I paying a restock fee of something you don't have, seemed to upset the manager and she now refused to give me any of my money back.

Desired outcome: Refund my money back.

Aug 10, 2023 11:51 pm EDT

We're extremely sorry for your difficulties and inconvenience.

What brand and model are these doors? It is possible that they were a special ordered product? CoVid has set a lot of things back within the industry and, unfortunately, it's become a problem for many of the retailers.

The problem may be that the doors are in the process of being produced and, as a result, may not qualify for any form of refund.

Please take a moment to read the information you were provided when placing the order. If what you've been told does not correspond to the documentation you were provided, please let us know.

5:43 pm EDT

Home Depot Appliances ordered 10 weeks no delivery))::

May 18 ordered a GE Profile fridge.Our old GE fridge lasted 26 years. Promised delivery date

May 30 2023.

May 27 ordered another GE profile fridge for another property. Promised delivery date Aug 17

2023.

August 4 spent an hour trying to figure out the status of the fridge. Got disconnected 3 times I was put on hold. Amelia promised a $300 gift card for the delay. Finally got a hold of

someone B. Next rep B did not see the promise in the system. B said she would not sell the

frdige because there are none in stock anywhere and no ETA from the manufacturer. B promised to

call me back but has not.

Today I cancelled the orders for 2 fridges. I asked if there was some compensation as we have

waited 10 weeks and Home depot had $6000. No compensation

The fridge is STILL advertised on their website

Lesson learned DO DOT BUY ONLINE FROM HOME DEPOT.

Aug 09, 2023 12:29 pm EDT

We're sorry for your frustration.

The issue stems from GE manufacturing and is why you were provided an estimated arrival date of August 17th.

Wish we could have been of further assistance.

R
3:40 pm EDT

Home Depot HDX paper towels

My last purchase of HDX paper towels was very disappointing. It appears as if the paper towels are 1/2 their ordinary thickness. Was this a manufacturing defect or can I expect that any future purchases will be the same.

I've purchased these towels for my church and home for several years and this is the first time I have had a problem.

Please let me know if I choose to purchase these towels again, that I will recieve the quality that I'm accustomed to.

Desired outcome: A replacement package of paper towels and assurance that the manufacturing process has not changed.

C
2:50 pm EDT

Home Depot Oregon scie à chaîne électrique modèle 1500

J’ai téléphoné chez home dépôt à lebourgneuf à quebec. J’ai demandé si il avait cette scie, ils m’ont répondu que non mais je devais me présenté pour qu’il la commande. Rendu chez home dépôt le commis m’a dit que cet article n’était disponible au canada. Il m’a dit d’aller au magasin pour enfin me dire que cet article n’était pas disponible au canada. Pourquoi il ne me l’a pas dit au téléphone. J’ai fait 80 km …pour rien. C’est son travail de me dire que je ne peux pas l’avoir. J’ai fait venir le gérant et il m’a dit…désolé… mauvais service. Le gaz c pas gratuit…

Desired outcome: Compensation [protected]@videotron.ça tel [protected] ou [protected]

B
1:48 pm EDT

Home Depot Husky h2000 power washer

Bought washer in 2019 or 2020 kept in the garage for a year before I used it. Worked. 1 time only. Tried using it a second time NO PRESSURE AT ALL. Took back to the store but was told it was past a year and Home Depot do not sell item anymore and would not refund me. I have been a valued customer with your store for over 25 years and expect a better resolution. Rodney Christmas 1122 Jefferson Ave Scotch Plains NJ 07076. [protected]@verizon.net

Desired outcome: FULL REFUND OR STORE CREDIT

Jul 31, 2023 4:30 pm EDT

Hi Mr Christmas.

We're sure sorry to hear of your recent frustration with your Husky power washer. They are extremely helpful to have.

Most products produced by Husky provide a one year-limited warranty. For those customers who would like a longer guarantee, additional warranty coverage is offered at the time of purchase.

If you elected to purchase this additional coverage, your local Home Depot should be able to assist you in getting the product serviced. If not, please call Husky's customer service number at [protected]. They should be able to direct you to a local service center that should be able to help you get the unit functioning.

Please let us know if there are any further issues or concerns.

I
7:08 am EDT

Home Depot Haul away

The online home depot website clearly states that haul away service is free.
I bought a garage freezer, and was charged $50.00 at checkout to haul away my freezer.
Unable to add proof because your site does not support pdf.
Order Summary
Haul Away Your Old Appliance $50.00

Desired outcome: Refund $50.00

Jul 31, 2023 5:08 pm EDT

Hi Mr Csesar.

The problem your describing is trying to purchase in one location while actually delivering to an entirely different location.

Products, including services like haul away, are offered at different pricing in different areas. This can occur because of certain contracts or even legal regulations. It's why it's important to tell the website or app the correct information before receiving any form of price quote.

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to clarify your issue.

8:28 pm EDT

Home Depot Pro referral service

I am a Home Depot Pro. I pay a $40.00 fee for each lead wether I get it or not. Therefore, I am a paying customer. I deserve the same respect and consideration as any other Home Depot customer. I received a review that was factually false. The customer claimed we charged hidden credit card processing fee, which were clearly stated in our work orders per Florida law. The customer acknowledged, agreed and signed the work order. I attempted to contest this review but Home Depot let me. They let the false review stand, even though I had evidence to contradict it. They treat pros like we work for them when they really work for us. No respect. Their leads are poor quality. Only good for 30%.

Desired outcome: I would like them to retract the review once I present them with written evidence impeaching the false statement.

8:46 pm EDT

Home Depot Service

Went to Home Depot because in the past they were always friendly and more than willing to help. We went the other day and was ignored by several staff when we were wandering around. If we wanted poor service and to be ignored, we would have went to Lowes or Menards.

Also an $8 pack of weed eater cord at many other retailers was $32 at Home Depot.

I would have written directly to Home Depot for resolution but there is no costumer service email information. They dont want to hear complaints I guess.

Desired outcome: Go back to the way things were when they cared about customer service.

Home Depot In-depth Review

Product Selection:

The range of products available at Home Depot is impressive. They offer a wide variety of items for all your home improvement needs. Whether you're looking for tools, appliances, or building materials, you'll find it here.

Quality of Products:

The quality of the products at Home Depot is top-notch. They only carry reputable brands and ensure that their products meet high standards. You can trust that anything you purchase from them will be durable and reliable.

Availability of Brands:

Home Depot offers a great selection of brands, making it easy to find your preferred choice. They have partnerships with many well-known brands, ensuring that you have plenty of options to choose from.

Pricing:

Home Depot offers competitive pricing on their products. You'll find that their prices are often comparable or even lower than other retailers. They strive to provide customers with affordable options for their home improvement needs.

Price Match Guarantee:

Home Depot has a price match guarantee, which means that if you find a lower price on an identical item elsewhere, they will match it. This ensures that you're getting the best possible price when shopping at Home Depot.

Discounts and Promotions:

Home Depot frequently offers discounts and promotions on their products. They have regular sales events and special deals, allowing customers to save even more on their purchases. Keep an eye out for these promotions to get the best deals.

Customer Service:

The staff at Home Depot are knowledgeable and experienced. They can provide expert advice and assistance with any questions or concerns you may have. You can rely on their expertise to help you make informed decisions.

Responsiveness:

Home Depot prides itself on its responsive customer service. Whether you have a question, need assistance, or have an issue with a product, their team is quick to respond and resolve any problems you may encounter.

Assistance with Product Selection:

The staff at Home Depot are always ready to help you with product selection. They can provide recommendations based on your specific needs and guide you towards the best options. You can count on their assistance to find the right products for your projects.

Online Shopping Experience:

The Home Depot website is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The design is clean and intuitive, making it simple to find the products you're looking for. Browsing through their extensive catalog is a breeze.

Product Descriptions and Images:

Home Depot provides detailed product descriptions and high-quality images on their website. This allows you to get a clear understanding of the products before making a purchase. You can trust that what you see online is what you'll receive.

Checkout Process:

The checkout process at Home Depot is smooth and efficient. They offer various payment options and ensure that your personal information is secure. You can complete your purchase with confidence and ease.

In-Store Experience:

The store layout at Home Depot is well-organized, making it easy to find what you need. The aisles are clearly labeled, and the products are neatly displayed. You won't have to spend unnecessary time searching for items.

Availability of Products:

Home Depot strives to keep their shelves stocked with a wide range of products. You'll rarely encounter out-of-stock items, ensuring that you can find what you need when you need it.

Assistance from Staff:

The staff at Home Depot are always available to assist you during your in-store experience. They are friendly, approachable, and willing to help. If you have any questions or need guidance, don't hesitate to ask for their assistance.

Delivery Options:

Home Depot offers various delivery options to suit your needs. Whether you prefer home delivery or in-store pickup, they have you covered. You can choose the option that is most convenient for you.

Timeliness of Delivery:

Home Depot is known for their prompt delivery service. They strive to deliver your products in a timely manner, ensuring that you receive them when expected. You can rely on their efficient delivery process.

Packaging and Condition of Products:

Home Depot takes great care in packaging their products to ensure they arrive in excellent condition. They use sturdy packaging materials and take precautions to prevent any damage during transit. You can expect your products to be well-protected.

Return Policy:

Home Depot has a fair and flexible return policy. If you're not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within a specified timeframe for a refund or exchange. They make the return process hassle-free.

Ease of Returns:

Returning items to Home Depot is a straightforward process. They have dedicated return counters in-store, and their online return process is simple to follow. You can expect a smooth and hassle-free experience.

Refund Process:

Home Depot processes refunds promptly once they receive your returned items. They ensure that you receive your refund in a timely manner, making the process as convenient as possible.

Local Community Involvement:

Home Depot is actively involved in the local community. They support various community initiatives and organizations, making a positive impact in the areas they serve. You can feel good about supporting a company that gives back.

Environmental Initiatives:

Home Depot is committed to environmental sustainability. They have implemented various initiatives to reduce their environmental impact, such as recycling programs and energy-efficient products. By shopping at Home Depot, you're supporting their efforts towards a greener future.

Philanthropic Efforts:

Home Depot is dedicated to making a difference through philanthropy. They contribute to charitable organizations and disaster relief efforts, helping those in need. By choosing Home Depot, you're supporting their philanthropic endeavors.

Overall Experience:

Overall, my experience with Home Depot has been excellent. They offer a wide range of high-quality products at competitive prices. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, both in-store and online. Their delivery service is prompt, and their return process is hassle-free. I appreciate their commitment to the community and the environment. I highly recommend Home Depot for all your home improvement needs.

Likelihood to Recommend:

I would highly recommend Home Depot to others. Their extensive product selection, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service make them a top choice for home improvement needs. You won't be disappointed with your experience.

Value for Money:

Home Depot offers great value for money. Their products are of high quality, and their prices are competitive. You'll get the best bang for your buck when shopping at Home Depot.

How to file a complaint about Home Depot?

1. Log in or create an account: To begin, ensure you are logged into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Home Depot. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Home Depot Online Purchase" or "Poor Customer Service at Home Depot Store #123".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Home Depot. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the product or service.
  • Specific details of the incident, including dates, locations, and any relevant staff interactions.
  • Any communication you've had with Home Depot regarding the issue, including emails, calls, or in-person conversations.
  • Steps you've taken to resolve the problem and the responses received from Home Depot.
  • The personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or emotional distress.
Remember to be factual and include as much relevant information as possible to support your complaint.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, photos of the product, or any other evidence that substantiates your claim. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or personal identification numbers.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Home Depot. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, exchange, apology, or any other form of redress.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint to ensure that all the information provided is accurate, clear, and complete. Check for spelling and grammatical errors as they can affect the credibility of your complaint.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Following the submission of your complaint, make sure to regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any updates, responses, or further inquiries related to your complaint. Engage with any responses appropriately to facilitate the resolution of your issue.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Home Depot customer service

Phone numbers

1800 628 0525 1800 759 2070 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Home Depot?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.