11408 Ocean Gateway, Berlin, MD, 21811, US
Thu:6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Fri:6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Home DepotHonoring those who serve (military discount)

Today 15 Dec 2020 I brought my father-in-law into to the Berlin MD store after having a family argument as to why we needed to go to Home Depot versus Lowes (aka Brand X). We needed to order & have delivered a new washing machine & dryer & accessories for my 87 year old father-in-law. I had to use the argument that he/we could save 10% on our in store purchase/order/delivery because Home Depot unlike Loews does have a program/discount for military members (44 years of DoD Service). We failed to get the discount we were expecting on all items purchased & were only given a $7.90 discount on $1694 total purchase which only equated to only accessories purchased. I have never encountered this problem with any & all past purchases before and was mortified after justifying why we did not need to go/check with your Loews competitor. When I queried the store rep/cashier they said that the 10% did not apply to washers/dryers and cited a SKU Exclusion. I am not convinced that I/we were treated correctly IAW Home Depot's "Honoring Those Who Serve " policy. Bottomline is I/we are not pleased how our purchase was handled and that the 10% discount was not applied to all of our purchases. Felt very badly having convinced other family members why we did not need to consider Loews and that as a longtime loyal customer this was a particular perk that I/we were entitled to. Your support & assistance on this complaint and resolution is most appreciated.

Sincerely,