Greendot Grant Programfraud

I recieved a check for $975 telling me that I should send the commission back to them and I will recieve the rest of my $10, 000. Haven't recieved anything yet : (

• Hb
    HBS242 Jun 30, 2009

Received a check in the mail stating that I had been choosen for a $10, 000 grant. I was instructed to cash the $955.55 check and return $401.00 (4.01%) back to a Linda Spaulding. I immediately knew this was a scam. Beware

• Br
    BryanM81 Jul 02, 2009

I got scammed with a fraudulant check does anyone no who i can contact to try and get this resolved

• Sh
    Sheeyah Jul 03, 2009

If you mean you got sent a fake check, cashed it, then sent part of the money back thru Western Union...

...then no, you're pretty much screwed.

• Na
    Naomi Meredith Jul 09, 2009

I got a check today from Linda Spaulding for $935.00 requesting that I cash the check and send 10% back to her or go to collections. So glad I found this website.

• Mr
    mrs_paulkamini Jul 13, 2009

was ripped off too, so sad these people are beasts
    Luckily i got an email for the British Embassy telling me they were paying the first 150 victims of scams first come basis and after i applied i was awarded money. You may try to contact the Embassy [protected]@ukhome.net and tell them your story, it is genuine and proven like mine they could pay you from a compensation fund provided by their governments.

Goodluck

Regards
    Kamini

• Sh
    Sheeyah Jul 31, 2009

Wow, a scam within a scam.

noyzkids Aug 06, 2009

Received a check in the mail from the same Linda Spaulding for 977.00 asking me to cash or deposit into my account and send 4% back to them on a Greendot money pak ... I got the number off the net and called US bank and called and talked to a guy in the fraud department and he told me it was a scam ...PLEASE BEWARE...if anyone can tell me who to report this to it would definitely be appreciated, please post on here and i will check from time time

JackiSned Aug 10, 2009

Hi there, I recieved the same thing, how ever I thought it was something that I applied for, and stupid me, I cashed the check, Now I am facing two felony charges. Please becareful if you get anything like this!

• Cr
    Crystal McCaa Aug 14, 2009

I had gotten a check from greendot grant program for 952.75 and had to send Linda Spaulding 401.00, but when I went to cash the check at Wal-Mart they would not cash it?

• Da
    DarkPhantom27 Aug 14, 2009

Send all complaints and these letters to the United State Postal Inspectors at your local Post Office, or contact one using the USPS.com website. Let them know what is going on and how you have received the letter due to it being Mail Fraud.

johnsonj Aug 19, 2009

i just got one in the mail and took it to the bank my bank put a five day hold on my account so should i go stop it before its to late or should i contact somebody and get linda in trouble

• Pr
    privettespring Aug 19, 2009

do not send me anything else unless it is a real check

• 08
    081050 Aug 20, 2009

I also recived a check saying to send Linda Spalding 402.50. I called the bank they could not give out any info. So I called Moneygram Payment Systems Inc. they verified that the check number has been destroyed. I informed them that I would turn this over to the police.

SavedbyGrace1 Sep 02, 2009

my husband recieved a check- same 957.71 with promise of 9, 042.29 more after cashing and sending 4.03% to Linda Spaulding. I researched it and fake fake fake. I am contacting the bank, and the money pak company to trace the merchant ID number, and the police. I suggest we all do the same. I am glad it did not come in my daughters name. she is just starting college and we have been applying for all kinds of grants and scholarships- which is even why I looked at this at all. BE Careful everyone. - Lisa

• Ga
    gardner Sep 02, 2009

I too received a check for the 957.00 I deposited the check and waited for the approval through my bank, which they said it went through. When I then deposited the amount on a greendot card and then found out later this evening that the check was a bad check and now I owed the bank. So I immediately called Greendot who then said they would refund my money to me within 7 to 10 days. They also told me the fax number given on the letter of [protected] is not theirs.

Hopefully I get this money back and greendot will do what is right. I then will be seeing the bank first thing in the morning to discuss that they said it was a good check.

• Ga
    gardner Sep 02, 2009

Hello,

Did you find out anything or what the police suggested be done? Please let me know. I will be glad to do the same.

• Cl
    cloc1974 Sep 04, 2009

I just recieved the same exact check, but I went online and checked it out first. I'm glad I did. I'm sorry for those who were scamed, but I Thank You, because now I won't get scamed.

• Kb
    kbwife Sep 09, 2009

Were you able to cash the check?

• Mi
    Mi_Monica Sep 15, 2009

Well I just got through talking to the police and what I was told to do is to contact fraud investigation and better business bereau.

• Mi
    Mi_Monica Sep 15, 2009

Does anyone know the number to greendot? The number I have is only an automated service. I would like to know what the ploce suggest to do as well

• Av
    averygreenleaf Aug 31, 2011

I received 2 checks in the mail from GreenDot Grant service. My bank currently has them on a five day hold. From what I read here, it sounds like this is a royal scam. Waiting to hear from my bank. . .

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices