Complaints & Reviews

have recipt
have bad card
and no money

Green Dot Prepaid Cardstolen money

I used this card for around a couple of years and all seemed well, until. short story I loaded a few grand with a few moneypaks. And over the next couple months spent the money. during this time i had to get a rental car, the rental company places a hold of $50, for deposit, and as i had the car for a month they placed another hold for $150 and one more for $600. When the car was returned i had a positive amount of approx. $400 in my greendot account. and was very sure of this amount as i kept a tracking system as usual for my spending. Well the car rental company for amazing and exceptional, so as usual they charged me the final amount for my rental of approx. $670. So with a balance of only 400 my account went negative, but only for a few days as the deposits were suppose to drop off within 3 days. Green dot has a manual drop off date of 90 days if the charging company does not take the funds... well within a week the 50 and 150 had dropped off. and my account was still negative $70. after two weeks this did not drop, so I called greendot to see whats up. And all they needed was a confirmation note from the rental company to release funds with a couple of signatures faxed to them... Well the rental was more than happy to help, So I literally did this phone calls with greendot 4 times with the rental company on the phone and they faxed the paper multiple times over the course of a month. These phones calls taking a ridiculous amount of time with many holds and high hold times... but much of mine money was at stake and I am never one to get irrate or mean on the phone since i hate when others do that... But getting back to the complaint... So after many failed attempts I was in no more mood to call and have to re-explain my situation to a new person each call. So i looked at greendots policy and decided to stop using the card and simple wait the 90 days for the manual drop of the deposit and my money to be available. Well the day comes and funny enough the deposit finally dropped ( mind you i checked the account multiple times leading to this point and even the days before, it was still on there). But very annoyingly my account balance was empty, and even worse with a couple of monthly fees tacked on... Like im expected to pay after they stole 500+ from me. So I again call greendot, But this time is absolutely terrible, because if you have ever called this terrible company that saves money by hiring over seas and cuts corners (apparently) you would notice they speak very bad english and understand less (likely, to pretend to understand less, also likely hired so as to act confused so the customer gives up, proof later...) I hate talking this "smack" and feel stupid for it, but honestly its true and I cant help but be upset by this and Im the most mellow punching bag person you could know. Anyways... So Im trying to explain and trying to think how to explain that 3 months ago a deposit was on my account. While they are on their computer trying to see this deposit hold that has dropped and is no longer there and no sign of it... So they ask the typical questions like when did i deposit the money and blah blah blah... But its very hard to explain everything that has happened, so i tell them look. If you just add all of money and from transactions you would see it adds to exactly the amount missing. Funny enough I had done this with their online transaction history, it matched perfectly with my own and showed hundreds missing even though online it says im negative 11.90.(fees). So they get very confused and say they cant see any deposit from said rental company and they ask to put me on hold... after an hour the phone disconnects... I call again to get a new person and start the process over, after much time I am put on another hold. 4 hours later I hang up and give up on this whole thing.

Regardless they lost a good customer that constantly recommended and told people to buy, and now working at retail stores I spread my story and warn others. I have another company that I love, They offer many great features and awesome surprises, even randomly gave me a better membership and cut my fees. So forget greendot. This happened early 2011, and I have checked the account multiple times and still never received my money back. Thanks again for screwing me. If I can help one person with this post, Then maybe i can feel some retribution for my lost money. Also all aspects of products/ customer experience should be kept within the country of use/purchase/care/etc.

Thank you for your time.

coquita Dec 27, 2016

My name is Coquita. My card was stolen and $97 something was used I reported it. They told me to write someone I hope I'm doing it right

coquita Dec 27, 2016

I was told to fill out a complaint about my money being stolen.

MoneyPak — stolen money

On May 11, 2012 i purchased a moneypak card from cvs. The next day the funds were unavailable. i called...

GreenDot Cash Allotment Systemsreturned check

I received a check stating that I was awarded a 10, 000 cash grant and the 960.59 was to be used to get 500.00 dollars Green dot Money Pack and the test of the money was for me. I would receive the other 9, 040.00 dollars by over nite mail. Well guess what it never happened. What worries me is they have my social security number. Not to mention I had to take a loan out to cove the returned check. My wife and I are both disabled living on a fix income and we are raising or grand-daughter. The last thing we needed was a scam that put us into debit. I will be filing charges against all that is in this scam. Some one had better step up and make this right.

Chancy G Spencer, Jr.

Greendotsocial security benefits

I approached Green Dot, because I wasn't sure that could pay my Property Tax. At the time I wasn't aware that without my permission, they transfer my Social Security Benefits from my bank to their. So the funds were transferred for Nov. & Dec. 2011.
        Ms. Julie Hooper from the Bloomington MN Office knows the details, in fact she transferred them back to the right bank

Green Dotnon issue and no refund

I purchased a green dot card to pay a bill. I had one previously but was unable to find it, . When I purchased the card, it was not until after I got home did I notice the store did not charge me for fee for the card of $495. When I went to register the card on line they would not do so. They told me that I would receive a refund in 10 days. So I went the following day and made sure the 4.95 was charged and figured there should be no problem with registering a new card. When I went to register the second card I had the same response. I did ask for a refund of this card because I knew it would be a 10 day wait and I could not wait 10days for a second check of 140.
          I phoned the company the next morning and asked them to issue me a card that I could access or transfer the payment of 140 to her account so I could use one of the two purchases that I made to pay a bill that was due. Well after and hour on the phone, one lie after another, first they were going to make sure I could access the funds., then he said they already sent one of the checks but would speed up the processing of them both and make sure I got the money asap. Well if they already processed the first refund how the heck can they " speed up the delivery of it. Another lie. Bottom Line don;t deal with these people, they sit on your money drawing interest and don't back up their promises. I still don't know why they would not issue the card to begin with
          BAD BUSINESS AND BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS. PERIOD.

Green Dot Corp. May 04, 2012

Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies customers before they register a card. This includes your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number and other information. If we are unable to verify your information or the information you provided matches information to an account with previous negative history, we would not be able to register a personalized reloadable debit card. As a courtesy we will sometimes expedite a refund check. This would need to be done when we send the check and apologize if you were told it was expedited after it was sent. If you have any questions regarding the status of your refund, we ask that you contact customer support.

• Wa
              walshie1179 Oct 30, 2012

Green dot does suck they do sit on your money and get interest on 100; and thousands of people

Dear Green Dot Corp,
              You are so full of it. I have been dealing with getting a refund for over a month. I have called 6 times and have received 6 different stories (lies). The latest was the best, I have to admit. I come from a banking/accounting background and I know for a fact the lie you told me cannot happen.
              I was told on my last call to you that someone from corporate would be calling me, bis shocker...NEVER got the call.
              I have filed a complaint with the BBB and have contacted a very dear friend that happens to work for a local and well respect News station, guess what he does? He investigates consumer fraud...you know what you do to people everyday.
              It was interesting how many claims there was against you already to the BBB.
              I told the last liar on the phone that I spoke with who was supposedly a site manager...yeah right! that I will not stop calling until my money is refunded. I will call every single day, possible multiple times a day. I will expose you for the lying, thieving ### that you are.
              You have messed with the wrong person.
              I have researched your company and I was appalled at the many websites of complaints and all the money you have stolen.

My next move is a lawyer, Not just for me, but I will pursue a class action lawsuit. I have several calls in to the most ruthless lawyers I can find.

Greendot.comconstant brickwalls

Bought a VISA debit card (temporary) @CVS for $4.95. Put $160 on it. I went online to register it. Tried to order online. (Fineprint said could be done.) A Problem: was NOT REGISTERED!. I called their support 1-866 number. Registered there via "Mark". Tried to go online to access my acct: needed to login with username and password. BUT, NO WAY TO CREATE ON-SITE! Then received e-mail to go to "mygreendot.com" to establish username and password. Did that. Tried to access my acct online. Was told username and password DID NOT MATCH ANY ACCOUNTS!! i HAVE SPENT 2 HOURS OF MY TIME (AT WORK) WITH THIS BULL!! I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED AND VERY ANGRY!! OH, I TRIED THEIR PHONE NUMBER SELECTION TO SEEK A REFUND- SENT TO REGISTER~~~!!!

• Tm
                tmk May 24, 2009

sent me everything in spanish to start, inpossible to reach anyone by phone, money is flying out of my account without me using the card, i can't believe the american government allows this ### to happen

• Gi
                girl28nwphx Jun 12, 2009

hey there everyone, next time you need to talk with someone. Wait for when it says lost card or card not recieved then press 2 for card not recieved and you will get a live person.

Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corpput unauthorized hold on account and a cant get reps on phone

I have been using my walmart money card for about 2 years. It has been very nice and convient. The fees were even better than a banks. But I did not authorize a transaction and they charged it. I called to get it credited back on my account and they told me much like the others I see I had to wait 10 days. I stupidly get my check direct deposited on this account and they have placed a hold on the account. So I have NO access to my money. now when I try and call customer service it will not let get through to a LIVE person. It keeps telling me that my account is not found. Please dont make the same mistakes that I did. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ge
                  GECapitalCares Mar 20, 2012

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account and would like to help. The prepaid WalMart card is managed by Green Dot.

Please email them at customer.[protected]@greendotcorp.com your name and contact information. They will research this matter and assist.

Regards,
                  Nicole
                  GE Capital

• De
                  Dennis Hunter May 02, 2012

The complaint number for Green Dot is a Phillippine phone bank. When you call and make a complaint about stolen money, they say 'hold on for corporate offices', and hang up the phone. Someone at a local merchant skimmed the numbers from my daughters moneycard, and we caught it 14 hours later. I called the Walmart Money Card number, they claimed everything was OK, and the money would be put back on my account, and the transaction cancelled. I immediately filed a police report, notified the merchant (who told me it was a large Hispanic gentleman using multiple cards to make a large purchase, my daughter is small and white, and the card was in our home). I found that a week later, Green Dot /Walmart Money had AGAIN transferred the amount to the merchant, after the police report was filed, after the merchant was notified, and after I had been told on the phone by Green Dot/Walmart everything was fine. Now they will not take my calls, refuse to transfer me to a supervisor (I don't think they have one, just a few people in a call center in a slum part of Manila) and I am left in the cold for $300. There is NO security when you use this card, and YOU WILL lose your money.

Green Dot Moneypakwont release money and lied about a investigation

Hello we are going through the same thing right now. My boyfriend purchased a card from Rite Aid Yesterday February 21st 2012 At 8:50am in Syracuse NY for $310.00. He scratched off the back of the card and the numbers that are needed to use the card came off the card too and was scratched off as well. The Rite Aid store called Green Card to explain the card was a bad card and he needed a refund, and Green Dot Pk representative said they will get his refund in 4 hours. When he called Green card; 5 hours later they stated that their representative called and verified that Rite Aid had given my boyfriend an instant refund. We called rite aid with Green Dot and Rite Aid stated that was incorrect and was never said to anyone at Green Dot, that a representative from green dot called and said they would refund him that day. We have been on the phone for 2 days fighting for our money back and we have been on the phone with them for over 2 hours, as he told them he will not wait for another phone call to just to continue investigation. Now they are saying they have to continue the investigations because the Rite id manager did not provide enough information.

Green Dot Corp. Feb 23, 2012

We truly apologize for your experience. We understand customers’ need for access to their funds and try to resolve all issues quickly and efficiently. We want to assist you with your reload, please send an email to customer.[protected]@greendotcorp.com so we can help resolve your issue. Include your name, a contact number and the ticket number for your issue if you were provided one.

• Pa
                    paperdoll88 Sep 27, 2012

Hi any update on your situation cuz it also happens to me and still i havent got my money back.

Shewchuk Feb 01, 2013

try to resolve all issues quickly and efficiently - OMG I AM LAUGHING SO HARD AT GREEN DOTS REPLY! YOU ARE LIARS. STILL WAITING ON A REFUND FROM THE SCAMMERS. I WILL EXPOSE YOU!

• Si
                    sickofbsintexas Nov 21, 2013

greendot is a joke. they have no immediate customer service and adding money via your own bank account is the biggest hassle ever

• Vi
                    victor dasilva Jun 23, 2014

green your company closedown assos

• Ha
                    Harold Poole Sep 26, 2014

Have put in $250 and it disappeared immediately, they said it would reactivate the card in 7 days and the money would be there. Still is't there, cant get a human being, their 24/7 is not there in the am, so another breach in their system. Wonder if the government is aware of their thieving system. Wonder just how much money just vanishes in a day with them and who is getting rich. Maybe the FBI should be advised. I am still short $250 and still trying.

Green Dotstolen money

I ordered a green dot prepaid visa.. I loaded $300.00 and tried to shop online..and the store said the card was not authorized so, i assumed my card was not accepted, then to find out i was still charged for the items..long story short i never got order online and im still waiting around for green dot to refund me my cash.

• 15
                      1513cecy Jun 10, 2012

Same happend to me...STILL WAITING ON MY 300 dollar REFUND..!!!

Shewchuk Feb 01, 2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are here to help. If you have a transaction on your account you wish to dispute, contact customer support using the number on the back of your card.

OMG THAT IS TOO FUNNY! HOW COULD YOU EVEN TYPE THAT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE! YOU NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK. THEY ARE THIEVES!! BEWARE!!
                      I WILL EXPOSE THIS COMPANY.

Green Dot Prepaid Visa — green dot

I made the mistake of activating the card using the name of an acquaintance who skipped town. The day after I...

Green Dotwaste of time

Using this card is a waste of time. it says its re-loadable but its not unless you provide the company with your social security num.

Green Dot Corp. Nov 17, 2011

We apologize for your experience. We have done our best to communicate our requirements for registering a Green Dot Prepaid card on our website and packaging. The Green Dot Personalized Card is a prepaid Visa or debit MasterCard Card that you can use anywhere debit MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted worldwide. It's a prepaid debit card and unlike gift cards, when registered, Green Dot prepaid cards are personalized with your name, allow you to make ATM withdrawals in addition to making purchases, and can be reloaded with money. Due to these features, Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record your name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number when you register a Green Dot Card. We use security measures that comply with federal law to protect any personal information submitted to register a card. We understand this may not be the right product for you, but if you would like to learn more about our cards or features you may visit our website at www.greendot.com.

ConfusedALOTbyThisCARD Mar 16, 2012

I loaded funds to my card.. ITS TAX TIME... my birthday is a few days away... they suspend my card cut it off telling me I had loaded suspicious funds to the card ! is that not what the card is for TO LOAD funds. now they wont speak to me they tell me my account closed my information is stored and I can never ever use their services again. when i asked what i did wrong i got treated like a criminal and tole good bye.. no resolution... no answers just a slap in the face !

sammycat13 Mar 16, 2012

Green Dot has always been very responsive to me when I had a CS issue. They are certainly better than CitiBank!

ConfusedALOTbyThisCARD Mar 16, 2012

I think I rather deal with 1 million citibank [email protected]

Greendot.commade me get an over draft on my bank account

Well ok i have been useing my greendot card about a year sofar but a munth ago thay sent me a card that wasent reloaderble then when i used the card on ebay thay sead i still had cash on it so i used it agen to make a lone store shorte geen dot made me get an over draft on my bank account.

Green Dot Corp. Sep 19, 2011

We truly apologize for your experience. We want to assure you we are here to help. We would like to further review this case with you, please send an email to [protected]@greendotcorp.com, include a contact number and your full name so we can reach you directly.

Green Dot Corp. / Walmart Money Card.comno refund

Dear sir, I sent green dot corp./walmart money card.com, six written statement of unauthorized debit charges forms, and talk to them by phone, telling them that I wanted a refund. And that I want to get rid of my old debit card and have them sent me a new one. But I am not getting any answers from them. Can you help me with problem?, my cell phone is, [protected] signed terry e. Smith-bey date 08/31/2011 - time 12:23 am eastern time

savvyl33189 Oct 08, 2011

Green Dot didn't give me a complete refund I had put 20$ in the card and I recieved a check of 14.59 and another one of the cards. If I wanted a refund I don't understand why I would want another card. I shreaded it and threw it out in case my Social Security was linked to it in any way. Horrible customer service to after being on hold forever and had to go through a million loopholes to get my refund. I'll just stick to a Visa Giftcard.

Jotheceo Dec 30, 2011

I had a similar occurence where my card was actually sent out to replace my temporary card, it ended up being activated by someone who knew my information to then withraw up to $300 dollars the amount I loaded onto my temporary card & also a purchase for $267 dollars. I submitted all of the valid paperwork and waited over a month for them to tell me my claim was invalid and that I wont be getting my money that was stolen off of my card. I wish I NEVER had purchased that prepaid card. A biggest regret in my entired LIFE.

• Green dot corp Dec 30, 2011

we will refund now l0ve green dot

Shewchuk Feb 01, 2013

We truly apologize for your experience. We are here to help, please allow us time to process your request. We will have a representative contact you at the number you provided to further assist you with this issue.

I LOVE THIS, THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU AT ALL. THEY WILL SAY THEY WILL HELP YOU, BUT IT IS ALL LIES!
                            THEY STOLE $80.00 FROM MY CHILD. i WILL EXPOSE THESE PEOPLE FOR THE THIEVES THEY ARE.
                            WORKING ON AN INVESTIGATION. I HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE BBB. I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO DO THE SAME THING. THEY HAVE MANY CLAIMS FILED AGAINST THEM.

MoneyPak — money frozen on prepaid mango card

I received a moneypak from a friend and loaded it to my Mango prepaid card for $122. This is the 4th moneypak...

Green Dot Moneypakunable to fund paypal with moneypak

I have been attempting to add a 200 moneypak to my paypal account, ---but they say I have reached my limit and need to be approved to go over $250 per year SO then a screen comes up telling me to give my address, ssn, etc. So I fill this out. Actually I have tried doing it several times. When I hit "continue" I am presented with a screen saying "Validating Address Information..." And that screen just stays there - I waited two hours Saturday night - On Sunday I tried again and waited two more hours. On Monday I tried again for over an hour. And today, Tuesday, I have waited over an hour. And the screen just hangs there.

I've tried two different computers. No difference. I also tried having my friend put the $200 into his Paypal account - but the same thing happened to him. Greendot is not validating my address information and letting me put my Moneypak into paypal.

I telephoned Moneypak and spoke to customer support. The person told me the problem was with Paypal and gave me Paypal's number. So I called Paypal. Paypal assured me the problem was with Moneypak. So I called Moneypak again. Altogether I spoke with four representatives of each corporation and none of them could help me. On top of that, Moneypak's hours are 9 to 6 EST so for me, in Oregon, their office closes at 3PM. Pretty crummy for such a huge corporation.

I am a senior citizen. I live on a Social Security check of a thousand dollars that has to suffice to pay all my bills, rent, food, gas, everything. I purchased the $200 Moneypak because I needed to get computer parts on ebay. But now my $200 is in limbo. I purchased the Moneypak at Walmart - so I returned to Walmart and asked them to give me my money back. They can't do it. I am stuck.

I googled the problem and I see that other people have had the identical problem. One person at Moneypak's consumer services did tell me that other people are sometimes having the identical problem.

My friend who is a computer technician of twenty years standing tells me the whole thing seems like a scam to him.

Paypal can't help. Moneypak seems very disinterested. The Indian employees I spoke with were simply not helpful.

This is a bummer...

I'd really like to have these funds in my paypal account as soon as possible. I've contacted customer support at both GreenDot (moneypak) and PayPal. Greendot told me it was a paypal issue, paypal told me to "try later".

• Sl
                              sloom41 Oct 09, 2010

i have a green dot moneypak i bought today, when i scraped the covering off i could only read 11 or 12 of the nmbers the other two disappeared! does this mean i lose my 100 dollars? i purchased the cae through rite aid! do i hae a ny option?

• Ku
                              Kulada Jun 14, 2011

On may 15, 2017 I went to walgreen's on 23 s. Marietta parkway, marietta, ga I purchased a greendot card for 4.95 and loaded $200.00 on it. When I got home I tried to load my card onto my debit card and I kept getting insufficient funds. I immediately called your company greendot and was told that I needed to fax my receipt, greendot card (Showing the scratched off side) and my debit card I tried to load to [protected] I was then told to wait for up to 2 business days before i'd get a response. I also went to walgreen's to try and get this resolved and there was nothing they could do but refer me back to greendot. Two days later I noticed how late it was getting and I called back. I was told that my fax was never received, and I had to resend to fax number [protected] I waited on the phone with the representative to make sure they received my fax. The person I spoke to was leah around 9:36a. M. They did confirm it and told me again it will be up to two business days before I would get a response and my money back. I asked why would it take so long I was told that the money was loaded to someone else's debit card this is why it would take so long. Two business days later on may 19 I am told it's still under investigation and a senior advisor will contact me on monday between the hours of 9a. M. And 5p. M. It is now may 23, 2017 i've just got off the phone with igor yet another customer service representative and he's telling the same thing that i've been hearing since last sunday may 15, 2017.

I just want my $200.00 this is totally unfair and unethical.

Shannon M. Abar Apr 25, 2014

Last evening I purchased a MoneyPak card to add funds to my loadable prepaid credit card. When I arrived home I added the money from the moneypak, which cost $4.95 plus tx, Then I tried to transfer the money from my loadable credit card onto my husbands Higher One MasterCard issued to him by SUNY Canton college. The transfer, which had worked last month in this very same manner, to the higher one card was necessary in order to pay my car insurance, whereas my insurance company does not accept the greendot re-loadable card, but they do accept my husbands higher one mastercard. Apparently there was a problem last night, and it was around closing for the customer service agency handling greendot cards, or moneypak. Therefore, I waited until today to try again to transfer the money to the higher one card. I would like to remind you that after purchasing the moneypak card my available balance on the greendot re-loadable card was $148 dollars and a small amount of change, therefore when the transfer did not work again today, I called the customer service number on the back of the card, as soon as I called them I realized there was an even more serious problem since last evening, the balance remaining on my card is $98 dollars and change, therefore I tried to resolve the matter but, became frustrated when I was told I would have to pay an additional $4.95 to re-load the money for which they intend to stop payment. Then, in 7 to 10 days I will receive a replacement card for the $148 I had originally purchased for the card. I believe I need to contact an attorney for this matter, since by the time I receive the card with my money, my car insurance may have been cancelled, whereas the money was intended to pay my insurance today. Along with the mental stress this is causing I plan to open a liability suit against everyone involved in the transaction, including WalMart who sold me the item, Greendot for their failure to protect my assets, and the customer service agency responsible for handling claims for both greendot, and Walmart. Being that they did nothing to resolve my problem, or to prevent the problem. Walmart is responsible for any product endorsed through their store. I may not even need a lawyer, whereas I can not afford one, I believe the facts in this case will be more than adequate to prove the negligence of all parties, and the neglect, frustration, stress, loss of insurance, and every other aspect I find when researching my case, well, my husband will research the case for me and he got an A in Business Law.

• La
                              LaurenHigherOne Dec 02, 2014

Hello Shannon,
                              I'm Lauren from Higher One and we just wanted to let you know we're sorry about the frustration you had trying to deposit money into your OneAccount. We're thankful for your feedback as we're always evaluating how to improve our student experience. Thanks for your candid story and we hope you have found a resolution.

Lauren
                              Higher One

Greendotfraud scam

As the fraud officer in a small bank in Co. I recently saw a check and letter regarding this Greendot scam. Counterfeit checks are now being issued on KeyBank Service Corp. The name of the contact at Greendot is now Katherine Hennessey, an independent grant broker wth Greendot. (yeah, sure) One of our cusotmers got caught in this scam and lost $898.

Green Dot Prepaid Visafraud

Purchased a $300.00 reload June 4th, reloaded again June 7th for $500.00, to find out that they have blocked my card because ofor a pin dispute on the first reload. I have been calling and waiting for a call back sinse the 8th. Today is the 13th. They are holding every penny I have and not giving me any answers. I advise everybody to join together in calling the attorney generals office and/or the news rooms as well as anybody else who might be able to resolve these problems. Green dot is robbing ALL of us and getting away with it. I say we shut them down.

• Ci
                                  citizens observer Jun 13, 2011

My advise to you is keep calling and when you do reach someone ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the situation to get the lock removed which usually takes several days. Once you have the lock removed, go to the nearest teller machine, withdraw all of your funds and if you prefer to use a prepaid card, then get a Wal-mart prepraid card. You can load a certain amount onto the temporary card but can't reload until they mail the permanent card which usually takes about 7 seven days in the mail. It's only 3.00 to load and if you cash your check at Walmart it's free. You can transfer funds and monitor your cash online through the Walmart money card secured website.

• Ci
                                  citizens observer Jun 13, 2011

One more thing, Walmart has a minimim that you can load per month so watch that also
                                  hope this help!

Comments

Green Dot Corp. Jun 20, 2011

We truly apologize for your experience. Green Dot understands the importance of our customers’ need for immediate access to their hard earned money. When a block is placed due to a dispute, we will need to complete a thorough investigation before we could make a decision and remove a block. We would like to look into this further, please contact us at [protected]@greendotcorp.com, provide a contact number and your full name so we may assist you further.

Shewchuk Feb 01, 2013

[protected]@greendotcorp.com - NOT A REAL E-MAIL ADDRESS.

Walmart Money Card / Green Dot Prepaid Cardsdirect numbers to get [censored] done

Hahahahaha strike one up for the good guys... Already read alot about walmart money card nightmares.. Going through one myself.. I'll spare you the details because my story is the same as all the other nightmares... Well did some investigating... Walmart prepaid money cards are issued through ge capital.. Who 3rd parties this out to a scam factory called green dot prepaid cards... So I look up the company website and then take the corporate address and search under the 626-739 exchange of numbers because they had given me a [protected] number to fax # in like 3 weeks ago.. So I get this [protected] number and call it thinking im going to get a person... Nope its a generic recording for people who get ripped off.. So I dial the same exchange but change the last to digits.. So [protected]... And blam I get derek in marketing and he dumbly gives me christina hunter (Legal departments) number the # I was talking to on the customer service line who was ignorant and just a #... So call derek @ [protected] and ask him for the extension of someone or you can call christina @ [protected] in the legal department and hassle her... Enjoy!!!

ProGrant Solutions/Greendot — fake grant check scam

I received my fake check June 6, 2011, the date of the check is 05/31/2011, for $986.64. I am supposed to...