Complaints & Reviews

Greendot.comstole my money

On 02/06/09 at Rite Aid on Cherry and Bancroft I went to reload my GreenDot prepaid card not realizing it expired on 01/2009. It took the reload, but when I tried to use it to pay my bill, this is when it came to my attention. When I called Rite Aid, they referred me to GreenDot, where there is not one live person to speak with. Then I received another card in the mail. It was a mastercard, so I was thinking maybe they loaded my balance of 60.00 on that card so I tried using it and it said zero. So I called Rite Aid back to see if they had a live support number and they gave me a number where I reached a live operator and she said they could not transfer the balance of a Visa to a Mastercard so she would have to send me a refund and this was in the middle of Febuary and I still have not received my refund nor can I get in touch with anyone live...So basically they stole my money that I really need for a bill.

• To
      tony Apr 10, 2009

i bought i green dot premier card today and i activated it over the phone but i got a live person and he gave me a sight to go to to get my $10 rebate but the stupis site doesnt even exist they stole bout $30 from me and i cant get it back i needed that money to pay a bill for college. axia college of the university of phoenix online and now i wont have enough to pay more on it this card is a rip off dont ever get one stick to the lesser greendot non reloadable bill pay cards goes up to $300 but they wint overcharge u and u get the card instantly it comes in the packet only buy thees kind of cards when dealing with the greendot company. if green dot is reading this then call me at [protected] cause i am peeved!!!

• Li
      littlebit May 13, 2009

This outfit is a nightmare. I have never been able to talk to a live person. I went yesterday and bought a reload amount for $250.oo and it accepted it when I activated it, and I payed some bills, but it had been so long since I used it, I have forgotton my PIn # to use at ATM machine. I tried calling and get the voice mail prompts and tells me to go to the website to reset your pin number. Trouble is, it ask for your current pin in order to change it!!!DAH I wouldnt need to reset it if I had the current one. Oh well at least I can pay bills on it. You would think that this company probably does pretty good business for the less fortunate one like me with credit issues, so I am amazed that they don't kave an operator to take care of their customers. VERY POORLY MANAGEMENT WITH THIS COMPANY. I don't think they will be around too much longer.

• Ou
      OUT SPOKEN IMAGES Jun 29, 2009

I THINK THEY SHOULD PAY YOU TO HOLD YOUR MONEY,
      NOT PAY THEM A MONTHLY FEE...AND FEES...AND FEESSSS...
      OBAMA NATION NEEDS TO TAKE FURTHER ACTION TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE SITUIATION, THEY NEED TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE BANKS WHO DO THEIR
      BEST TO DESTROY THE LOW AND MEDIUM INCOME FAMLIES WITH THEIR
      ILL PRACTICE OF BIGEST DRAW FIRST AND BOUNCE THE SMALL DRAWS
      I JUST WICH SOME ONE IN LIFE WOULD GET A GOOD CLUE ON THIS..
      SOMETIME WE RACE THE BANK AND THEY CAN CHOOSE TO DEPOSIT
      OR HOLD FOR A WHILE?????QUE PASA????AND WHO'S IS GETTING
      BAILED OUT???????????????NOT ME, OR YOU

• Ha
      hansgrujewer Jun 29, 2009

Here's a secret. You know how George Bush turned a blind eye to all the price gouging and consumer screwing by the oil companies? Because he was in bed with them?

Barack Obama, banks, same deal.

• Ou
      OUT SPOKEN IMAGES Jun 29, 2009

I'M FROM TEXAS AND HAVE NOT FOUND ONE PERSON THAT VOTED
      FOR THE BLACK GUY. HOW DID HE GET IN?????BANKS???

• Cr
      crystasl Mar 27, 2011

someone stolen my account in formation my name is crystal king my balance is 2369.41 i sent all my identification well i faxed this on the 12 of this month my card was stolen on the 11 and today is the 25th they still foe some reason think they have a say i9n not giving me or transferuing my funds to amy bank account or even giving me my money i m so stressed out cant stop crying they are con artest

Prepaid Visa Card Greendotno live customer support and fees to talk to a machine.

I was told that activating a second would cost $19.00 and if I contact
    the web site within 24 hours I would receive $10.00 rebate for adding the second card. I contacted the website as told but was not able to get the rebate page as promised, then I called customer service to complain and was sent from one recorded message to another with no human contact.
    Greendot is a very unscrupulous company and should be made to meet the standards of ethics that will be of greater help to customers instead of taking advantage of people who have credit problems and can't get treditional credit cards

Visa Green Dotpremier rebate

Purched insurance theft or loss protection .

i was told $20.00 with $10.00 returned by visiting above site. The $10.00 was not returned to my account.

RFN# [protected]-0799

• So
          sonia Mar 12, 2009

They tried to get over on me but what i did was call back to the activation line and put back in my inofrmation and when the computer says card is not valid still continue until it kicks you to an operator .Then i told him about the scam and he said he was going to credit my account automatic and that it should be there after one business day then i asked for a 1-800 number and he tried to say it so fast but i made him repeat it just in case it was not on there and it is [protected]. i wasnt gonig for being scammed dont let it be on there in one day!!!

james 2245 May 05, 2011

hi
          well i buy a walmart vista pre paid can and it was stole and some one went to wal mart and buy a wal mart birthday money card and then took $106.00 off my card i called the company and i was told all the run arounds they can give to me as i like to make a point of just any one can take this card and buy some thing with out any ID wal mart will not stand good for the money stole and so as well as the company of the green dot vista card pre paid ones but they charge you $3.00 to get a new card plus other fees i did call the number on the card and got nothing as usely i like to say wal mart is not hurting for money as they also tell you when you buy the card if any reason it is lose or stole they will place the money on the card as i was please do not belive this it is a scam i say as of this day i will not buy one from wal mart ever this is a WALMART VISTA PREPAID CARD if you like to i will place my web up and post it [protected]@yahoo.com please help me i am a handy cap male on low income and this money was to help me buy food for me and my family

Green Dotovercharged

After having a Green Dot card for some time, I was offered a Green Dot Premier membership. The enrollment fee for this was 19.95 but if you signed up that day you would get 10.00 credit to your account if you sent an email to [protected]@greendotcorp.com with the correct information. This was in October, they charged me the 19.95, I never saw the $10.00 credit.

In addition, the monthly fee for the Premier membership is advertised 9.95, or 4.95 is you direct deposit more than 750 per month. My paychecks are currently direct deposited on to this card and total more than 1800 per month. Yet, I am still charged the 9.95 per month. The numerous times I have tried to contact their customer service, I have been unsuccessful, it only has automated options. This company is taking advantage of people who do not have many banking options, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Uniformed Of Greendot.com Debit Cardnot uninformed of the card

I went to Rite Aid. to buy a greendot.com card and they explained the proceed of the card. On the first of this month brought a greendot.com debit card, I put about $20.00 on the card, and they told me, the card is temporary and they told me, that I will recieved a permanent card, but it's a joke. I will to file report to consumer affair about this solution.

• Fr
              Francis Buck Aug 30, 2010

I'm sorry but this is ignorant. Just because a product is sold at a store doesn't mean everyone is going to know every detail of it. If maybe we had a section dedicated to the cards and someone trained to know every detail then yes...We sell the stuff. We dont' make it. We don't use it. We don't taste or smell it. We're just cashiers checking you out for what you buy. They probably told you that information because it's what they were told it does.

Green Dot Visa Online Shopping Cardtrouble registering card

I bought a Green Dot-Visa online shopping card at a Rite Aid store. I tried to register it online but none of the numbers, either on the envelope, on the card, or on the store receipt, was the right registration number. On the website, non of the examples of cards looked like the Online Shopping Card I have- mine is orange. I didn't just pick it up on the street somewhere, I bought it from a reputable store! How can I rectify this? Can the card be exchanged by Visa (after all, they put their name on it!) for a gift card, like one I used before with no problem? Will the store take it back? It hasn't been used! I really need this money- I spent $200 and that is a lot for me. Please help!

• De
                debhere Feb 17, 2009

i hope this help you,
                but all you have to do is "use" the orange vist card. because it is non-relaodable, you just use it. no need to register it. i just brought one myself yesterday and that's what i did.

• Sc
                screw the man Mar 26, 2009

i bought the same on and GOT ###ED just like you!
                i'm going to file a police report against rite aid.
                when i go to register the card to shop online..the captcha wont show up to register the card...so this is a ###ing scam...i tried contacting the ompany and theres no help there..

greendot is a ###ing fraud !!!
                I AM INFURIATED AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
                ### these corporate giants!!!

• Fr
                Frostie Apr 04, 2009

I bought the Orange Online ShoppingVisa card, for some reason it was declined because of the address - even though it was correct ! So I tried to call the number on the site - no option for live service - no one to call, no one to email - and now no money on the card. For this aggravation I paid $4.95 !

• To
                topsrvce4u Jun 20, 2010

Hey I thought I'd try and help someone if possible... I just bought on of the Online Green dot visa cards also... I tried to register it but there was no right activation no on the card or receipt or package...
                You have to go to www.mygreendot.com
                and not to the regualar www.greendot.com
                On mygreendot.com there you will see where to input the temporary card no that is on the card and to input all your information to complete the registration.
                I went to an online site and the card verified after that NO PROBLEM.

Hope this helps!! I was stumped for awhile also...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Tb
                tbone3435567 Jun 23, 2011

Put down $200 on this *^#!* card and can't get it to work. Just want to get credit into Paypal. Bought one of these a few years ago. Said they would not disclose your info. Not long after a long letter in the mail said if I wanted my info to remain private I would have to do this and that. Said I'd never get another. Got this one by mistake trying to get paypak. Banks are PIGS-PIGS-PIGS. Especially the NY banks.

Green Dot - Wal Mart Moneycard — theft - poor customer service

On January 7th, 2009, after changing jobs i was issued my pay from my new job. I needed to send a payment, I...

Walmart Green Dot Money Card — where's my money

Can you please return my $92.00 in the form of a check from the Walmart Money Card that stole my money. I had...

Green Dot Prepaid Visa Debit Card — holding my money hostage

I have had issues with your card since day 1, as now as I browse the internet, I see that others have also...

Walmart Money Card / Green Dotcard not accepted for purchase

We purchased a Walmart money card / Green Dot. Finally got it activated and tried to purchase an item on the internet, and was refused authorization.
              What is the solution for this problem? My life stands on hold because of this problem.

Greendotpremireriped me off for ten dollars

i purchased this card and when i activated it they cond me into upgradeing to the premire version and gave me a web site to go to and yahoo or google never herd of it.

Greendotonline.compremier rebate

1. Comcast tried to put through a payment of $230.05 on Nov. 1, 2009. It failed six times. We had the correct information because I called them ALOT of times. Comcast won't try again and I don't blame them. 2. The money had to sit until the 12th when I could withdraw it. But a fee came out immediately for the monthly billing. If it had been paid when it was supposed to be paid, there would not be the deduction at the time.
                  3. I have to wait for my card to arrive in 7 to 10 business days. Nov. 1, 2009 to Nov. 14th, 2009. I may get it today we will see. Today is Nov. 14th. The representative I spoke to said that it could come on the 17th too. (So much for 10 business days). I am unable to get my cash back until I get the card.
                  4. They have told me about the "premier rebate" four times now. I have yet to find it. The customer service rep this last time, told me that they were having system problems and to wait for 2-3 hours and it should work. I have rechecked with them each time on the address. Well, I still haven't found my $10.00 rebate web page.
                  I am soooooo disgusted with this company. I am telling Krogers what I think of their prepaid cards. They don't want to be associated with them! It has been nothing but a big fiasco. What a mistake I made in picking them.
                  Thank you - Crystal R. Connelly

Angry in NM Jan 13, 2009

I was given a greendot online card as a gift this x-mas with what I thought was a $50.00 balance. When I called to activate the card I was told there was a $19.95 fee for activating the card but a $10.00 credit would be issued back. Once activated I called for a balance check to my surpise the balance was $30.10...hmmm. So I took the card to a local clothing store to buy a pair of slacks, the card was denied and again to my surprise the available balance was now reduced to $20.10. I called greendot's 877 number and had to go through every menu option to figure out how to get to a human being. I was then told that I signed up for the "premier" card and there was a fee associted with doing so...hmmm? Needless to say I exploded, I do not feel sorry for the wrath that the poor rep. took from me. So all in all here's the math on this. Original card purchase $59.95 (cost of the card and credit applied) available balance before making 1 transaction $20.10 thats a profit to greendot of $39.85 not bad work if you can get it. Maybe I'll have enough left to buy a cup of coffee in a couple of days.

sandra505 Sep 09, 2009

I AGREE THAT'S WASTED TIME AND PURE HEADACHES. I STILL HAVENT GOT MY TEN DOLLAR REBATE AND THEN I DEPOSIT TWENTY DOLLARS INTO ACCOUNT I USE SIX DOLLARS OF IT AND ALL OF THE SUDDEN MY CARD GETS DECLINED WHERE'S THE REST OF MY MONEY WHERE'S MY REBATE. BUT YA TALK ABOUT INCONVINIENCE .I GIVE IT A CHANCE AND THEY KILLED IT FOR ME .ALSO REMINDED ME WHY I NEVER GOT THOSE CARDS. NOTHING BUT HEADACHES, PRETTY SAD NOBODY TO ASK ANYTHING NO EXPLANATION NO HELP NO NOTHING JUST PROMISES.

Cheryl Quarino May 06, 2010

Every time i put money on it when i get down to the last $4.00 they won't let me use it what's up with that?

Cheryl Quarino May 06, 2010

I am pissed about it you should not have the right to stop me from using my money .IT"S MY MONEY

Green Dot Mastercardgreendot premiere rebate

I purchased from RadioShack a GreenDot Mastercard. After paying the fees, and etc. 29.00 taken off for Premiere Account. A rebate should be available online for ten dollars to credit the account. However, as others (I have read about online), it is not possible to obtain this. There is no such website and it is probably a scam, and it needs to be set right!

Money, these days is even more precious.

ann Feb 07, 2009

I upgrade my green dot card online and was told that I could received a $10.00 rebate offer. I have not been able to obtain this rebate.

• Na
                        nancy Feb 17, 2009

well i should have known!!! no site for the rebate, only complaint sites!!my husband is disabled, and i'm just pissed!!! we're out 20.00. they won't hear the end of this!!

• Na
                        nancy Feb 17, 2009

i am upset that rite aid does not bother to research their products sold too customers. the premier card by greendot does not have a web site for the 10.00 rebate! i am disabled and really need my rebate. i went to their site & see a ph.# [protected] but they only apologize & take my name. no offer of a mail rebate. how can these companies stay in business? why won't they do the rebate as promised?does anyone have another site to try? thanks tim

don't have any

u agree

heather perkins Mar 30, 2009

i am happy with my card for now

Green Dot Loadable Cardsbewarebeware!!!

I purchased a green dot card, and money pak card to load them to do my hotel lodging. Needless to say, using green dot was the biggggggest mistake of my life. I put money on the card to pay for our hotel, and had cash for our vacation activities and food. Well, I had to go into our food and activity money since I did not have lodging as done trying to use the green dot card. Buyers also beware of expedia, I originally booked through them and they messed me up and this mess up with green dot added to making my first attempt at a vacation for my two daughters a major mess up. I am a single mom, and wanted to do something special for my kids. Thanks green dot and expedia, you made our trip unforgettable but not in a good way... I will never use either of the two again, and vow to warn each and everyone that will listen. ~buyers beware~

• Fa
                          Fae Sep 14, 2008

Ok...so you had a bad vacation. But what exactly happened with the Green Dot card?? Did they take your money? Did locations refuse to accept the card?

Not sure exactly what your complaint is...

• La
                          lavacity89 Jan 10, 2011

I'm not sure what your complaint about Green Dot is either. Before booking a hotel room you should always try ask the Hotel what's their policies and what types of cards they will accept or not. I will be staying at a Hotel in ATL in a month, I made sure to call the hotels I was interested and ask them if they would accept my GreenDot Pre-Paid Debit Visa Card. I already have the Hotel I wanted got all the details I needed, and booked it.

Greendotthieves

they are charging me when i dont even have anything on the card ii dont think they should charge u unless you are using the thing so now my card is over balanced so when i put the money on the thing it is going to cost more to get it paid off than it is to use it if i wanted that problem i would have got a real credit card
                        i just got it to pay the house bills that is it when the money on it was gone i thought that was it till u put more but no they keep racking it up till it is going to be outragous

• Mi
                            michael verdoia Oct 26, 2008

I put 40 dollatrs on my card and only used 6 dollars and now Ionly have 13dollars

• Cs
                            cspruce427 Apr 06, 2009

greendot stole $275 form a 9 yr. old girl and her autistic 11yr. old brother. riteaid wont help either. they only wanted nitendo ds from ebay. happy birthday and goodbye seneca nation of indians child support

• Ni
                            Nitehawke May 11, 2009

They charge a $4.95 per month service fee - as it clearly states not only on the original card that you purchase at Rite Aid or wherever but also in the terms of agreement when you activate the card!
                            The card is only good for two years. Even if you bought it, activated and used it once the most the service charges could amount to would be about $110, nothing to sneeze at but certainly not "outrageous" for two years of service!

• Wi
                            william collins May 16, 2009

did not give me a full rebate like they promised of 10.00

• Mr
                            MrThang Mar 22, 2011

Greendot is holding my tax return 7, 593.20 and im ready to sue them i need attorny con:[protected]@gmail.com

• Mr
                            MrThang Mar 22, 2011

greendot stole my tax return 7, 593.20 need an attorny con;kismothers2gmail.com

Greendot Reloadable Visafee abuse

I purchased a preloadable Visa card from Greendot.com at the grocery. Normally I use fixed preloaded cards, with no problem but these were not available in amounts over $100; and on-line companies insist only one card be used. The Greendot card cost $9.96 and I loaded it with $150. to use on-line. I did read the fine print. I used the card to make the purchase but within days asked for a refund. During the refund process the month changed and the card (after only 10 days possession) acquired a service charge of $4.95 deducted from the balance. I knew this would happen, it was not their fault. Soon afterwards I made my purchase 0f $107.94. I then called and canceled my card which showed a balance of $37.11. When I received my check it was for only $24.96. According the the fine print, if canceled within one month there would be no cancellation fee. Obviously I missed something which authorized them to charge me another service fee of $9.15. I could dispute this but since telephone contact with a live person is virtually if not actually impossible it is not worth the money to discover why, let alone correct and get a refund, of this amount. I held this $9.96 card for one month and paid $14.10 in additional fees for a total user cost of $24.06.

On a positive note, I later found a Preloadable ($20-200) Visa called "The Ideal Gift" at Safeway grocery which has no monthly fee for a year and it sells for only $5.96. If purchasing an amount more than is loaded you need to know what is on the card and have them ring that amount exactly or it may say the card is empty, but this is a small matter. (www.giftcardmall.com) Why mention this card - because it means greendot can not justify their charges as normal.

• Ru
                              rudsaki Nov 05, 2009

"The ideal gift card" is not so ideal. We purchased one for our Son to buy gas for driving cross country. Every time he used it at the pump, it authorized $75 even though he was actually purchasing 16-40. Call to their 1-800 number and they agreed it does that, but is in the fine print. It is not. They said he should go inside each time. So he did that, same issue. Another call. This time they said he has to ask for exact amounts, so he cannot fill his tank, just guess and get close. By now, all those $75's have depleted his account until 24 hours goes by and they start to convert to the actual amount.
                              Then on day 3, the card stops working completely and when I check it online, it has actually removed 2 of the most recent gas charges! Normally, I like free money, but figure something is terribly wrong. I call and get put on hold for 15 minutes with their awful scratchy music. Finally I fit * to try to break through and get disconnected. I try to call back 3 times, but just get a quick message about the call volume buffer and it goes silent, but does not disconnect. I hung on in silence for 15 minutes each, nothing. Hours later, I try again, get the scratchy music and a person. She checks and just says all is good on their end and with the card, just try it again tomorrow. I ask, if the card is still bad, how can he get a new one with the remaining balance in Arkansas? They can do nothing, only send me a refund check in the mail and deduct $10 for their trouble. You charge me, for your broken card, I ask? Yes, that is our policy.
                              Thanks, thanks a lot.

Green Dot — stealing my hard earned money

Green Dot Is charging me Five dollars for a mantiance fee. I only used the prepaid credit card one time. and...

Greendot.com — terrible experience!

Bought a greendot reload card haven't been able to get money phonecard and three different saying...

Green Dot Reload` — store needs to be taught how to sell them!

3 out of 4 times that I go into the cumberland Famrs on River road In Stafford Springs,Ct.06076 They are...

Stafford Springs