Complaints & Reviews

Account

My green dot acount is locked/blocked. I need it unlocked/unblocked as soon as possible. Green dot has issued me a new card. I can not activate it. I have tried numerous times. I have spoken with representatives on the phone
And they have said my computer needs to be gone over & they want $200.00 to do it. I have used a very secure computer where I work part time with the help of the manager. It still didn't work. I need to get this card activated since it is used for neessary medication. My computer is not compromised nor is the other computer I used. Please unlock/unblock my account and allow me to activate my new card that green dot sent me.

Security block

I need to have security block removed from my card. I am frustrated and I will never use greendot again. I recieved my direct deposit and I cant access my money because of the security block and I cant get a real represenative on the phone. I am so disgusted with green dot and I will never recommend this card to anyone. Can I please get some help.

Moneypak cards both pin numbers are unreadable

I bought two 50 dollar moneypak cards and when I scratched off the back some numbers got scratched off as well, now I'm trying to get a refund or given two other cards equallying my two 50 dollar cards which I do have receipts for

Refill money in a paypal but green dot keep the money and never credit it to my account

I deposit $ 500.00 cash in a 7-Eleven Store antonym Pay Pal card, money was received by successfully by Green Dot but never credited the money into my Pay Pal card. 2 months has pass and after trying without luck to contact Green to to get my money back they have refused to solve the issue and still keeping my money.
Contact Pay Pal and 7-Eleven and both companies staid that GREEN DOT NEVER TRANSFER THE MONEY TO MY PAY PAL ACCOUNT.
I do have the receipt that show the money was given to Green Dot.

Sincerely,

Adolfo Rivera
[protected]

Greendot / walmart prepaid visa card

My card has been locked for almost 2 yeara now. I have provided you with everything you asked. The card is in My name and my husbands payroll check direct deposited into my account and greendot locked the card due to "suspicious activity" without ever trying to contact me to see if the activity was suspicious. They wanted front and back pics of my and my husbands id's which they have. I am attaching them for this letter as well

Green Dot. Card Number
[protected]

Richard 1963  ·  May 10, 2020

Debit card

On 04/16/2020 My Green dot bank unlimited card was blocked when my stipend was deposited on the Green dot bank card. I've tried countless times to reach a live customer representative and I finally realized that no one is going to answer my call. So I decided to file a complaint with the hope of getting my money back. I found Green dot website for complaints and tried to reach do at their corporate office and for once I didn't get Convin-19 message. I left a voice mail for someone callback. Well this man on the other side of the call presented himself as a Green Dot bank customer representative and I preceded to tell him about my problem and he said that he would fix it and instead he took my money off the blocked card and deposited in PayPal account after he told me that he would removed the block from the card. He also said that he would order another Green dot card which was only going to take 7 to 10 business days. He continued to tell me once the card came in the mail I only had to activate the card because the 440.00 was already on the card. I was so desperate to my money back that I didn't catch the lies he was bombarding me with. The card was ordered on the 04/20/2020 and after about a week or so I decided to send an email to him and he responded in a condescending manner and basically calling me a an idiot and a liar. He then replied back to me and said that he he told it would 3 weeks so that's another lie. Green Dot and Walmarts computer security leaves a lot to be desired and the consumer is the who is taking the losses. In my opinion this is some type of terrorism.

Green Dot

Unauthorized charge to my account and refusal to help solve the problem in any way shape form or fashion

I was charged to my account for basically all the money in my account to a company that I have no recollection of for services I have no need of and we would like a full refund due to incompetence and not keeping up with bank standards in wich verification of every transaction, poor customer service and been given the run-around, being told I will be getting a refund but resulting in a hang up.

Can’t Cancel Green Dot Visa Card

Someone gave me a green dot card as a gift card. I had to sign up with my social security number to use the card. I used the gift card and I threw the gift card away. This was July 2019. I notice now that I've been charged each month to use this card as a bank card.

They charge me each month and I'm at some $80. I wanted to document that I didn't have the card anymore so I reported it lost, the card (that I don't have anymore) deactivated and now I can't figure out a way to cancel this card and to dispute the occurrence.

Every phone number is a dead end. I read reviews online that people tried to contact them for month with no response. I'm afraid to pay because then they have my bank or credit card number.

I do not know how to resolve this issue because I cannot get through to anyone. I will begin filing reports with the police, the news, and look into legal advice. I need this card canceled. I did not authorize a bank account through green dot.

Prepaid / mistake!!

My bf accidentally grabbed wrong card. The one he grabbed just showed up in the mail and I never meant to even have it activated until I realized it was too late and wrong account info had been submitted to the IRS and I couldn't correct it, although I tried. So, I activated the greendot, called to see if my deposit was registered when I couldn't contact a live person, they told me I had more than one account, my card is blocked and not sure why. I would like to just transfer all my money on this account to my NetSpend card. They have helpful and polite customer service 24/7 w/o all the problems and hassle. Can I do that? I'll show my ID no prob. Just get me off this greendot mistake!

Inability to verify customer address

It starts with the purchase of a green dot package from my local DG. I can load the card wi h my money, but in order for me to use the card, you must first register it online. Mail in my town USPS is by p.o.boxes only. Physical addresses are for fedEx or ups. So any address you enroll with is not accepted. No matter how many times you change it and verify that its right, it xhanges it to the closest town that has a similar address. And when you speak to the outsourced overseas customer service agent who you waste time verifying your identity with security questions to be told that they cannot help you until you verify the address without getting a copy of your ID and a piece of mail with same name and address for verification. Before going int my account you answer7 or8 identity questions, you just cant simply have them change your address . I thought I was the customer and they are the SERVICE!.

My debit card is locked

I reported my card lost/stolen because it had transactions coming off of it that I didn't purchase. So I ordered a new one, and just got my new card in the mail. I figured out after I had reported the card lost/stolen that my boyfriend was using my card, which isn't a big deal, and he was ordering my birthday gifts. So now I got my new card, and it is telling me that it has a security lock on it,
I really need to get the security lock off of my card, and get back into my greendot account, where all my money is. It says I need my ID, but my ID got stolen in February, and I haven't gotten to get a new one yet, so I don't have my ID. But my greendot account has all my money in it, including my money for my child support. I can provide any information needed to get my greendot card unlocked, except for an ID, but I have all my other information such as my SSN, all my personal information, and all the bank information. Can someone please help me get my new card unlocked so I can use it to get my money out of my account?. I really need my card to be unblocked

Didn't received my stimulus Check.

Dear Sir/Madam:
My name is Tony Bobet i resided at 1710 Seward Avenue, Apt#5-G, Bronx, New York City. My telephone is [protected]. I am filing an complaint to Green Dot Corporation 3465 E Foothill Blvd, Pasadena, Califorina [protected]. telephone is [protected]. On April 29, 2020. I supposed to received a stimulus check. And, I didn't received it. I want to file an complaint and not only that my brother received his check and not me. The next place i am going to file complaint to IRS and other places, too.

• My
    mystieus May 03, 2020

On April 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
I spoke to someone at green dot my case# SF38749714 and I report it to green dot and she told me to send her the copy of the receipt and card.
I brought this Visa green dot card at CVS location at 6005 S.O.M. CENTER ROAD, Willoughby, Ohio store # 4351, TRN# 7531, Help name is Zanelle.
I put into the card 60.00 and the card was 1.95, that a total of 61.95, I gave her $80.00 and she gave me back $18.05.
I did call CVS but they told me to call green dot. com. and Here I am enclosed all the documents. This was a mother Day gift to my mother.
Evelyn Torres

My direct deposit

Green dot is nothing but thieves and liars straight up this company needs to get shut down for good I received an email from green dot today including a text message saying they received my direct deposit but will not post it until may 1st 2020 when i'm supposed to get it 4 days earlier from what there site says since the 3rd lands on a sunday and the social security is closed on the weekends so I called them about it and green dot told me that there wasn't any pending deposits which is a lie because that's not what the email told me and the funny thing is i've been with green dot for several months now and haven't had any issues until now the green dot site says if you set up direct deposit you'll receive your government benefits 4 days earlier and top of that green dot also told me once they receive the notification from social security green dot will post the money to your account now take a look at the different dates when my social security goes into my green dot account I took several screenshots of it including the email they sent me these people are nothing but thieves and liars

Direct deposit

The irs says my direct deposit should b in my account but it's not. I cant get any help. So frustrated I've called emailed. I don't know what to do. I should of just stayed with american express. I never had this problem. If I could just talk to someone to see what I need to. I'm trying to be patient but I really need my stimulus money. Betty Cassady

IRS direct deposit no customer service

My 2019 tax return as well as my pay were and are still being direct deposited to my Green Dot Debit Card. Therefore my stimulus check should have also been direct deposited to my Green Dot debit card. The IRS attempted to direct deposit my stimulus money on April 15. Nothing showed up in my account. I waited 10 days before attempting to contact Green Dot. It is impossible to reach an actual person with this company! I have tried via the phone, email, and the app. Nothing! No response to email. The customer service phone number puts you in a loop and eventually hangs up on you. I have tried all different days and times of day with no luck in finding an actual person. No chat is available on the app even though it says it will connect you with a representative. I just found out Green Dot refused the direct deposit from the IRS and now I have to wait another two weeks to receive a paper check. If there was no problem with my tax refund or payroll why were they unable to process the stimulus payment. I pay $9.95 per month for this service. They also claim the mailed me a named card which I never received. I have informed delivery from the post office and receive an email with a scan of all my mail. There never was anything showing I received a card from green dot. When I contacted them through the chat option months ago when it actually worked, I was told that in order to receive a replacement card they would need to shut off my current unnamed card which would mean I would have no access to my money for 7 to 10 days. How can anyone go that long without access to their funds? I need the stimulus money to pay my mortgage which is due now! As soon as possible I will be changing my payroll direct deposit and I will have nothing to do with Green Dot again!!!

• My
    mystieus May 02, 2020

How did you found out Green Dot refused the direct deposit from the IRS?

Card block is on my card can not do anything

I have done everything for the past 6 months still blocked did the web site on the back of the card still...

Walmart money card.

My husband and I both put our Social Security checks on a Walmart money card. We never had a problem until he passed away. They froze the account and won't let me his wife/widow have the money. This was a joint account and used for our household bills. Although my Social Security check is in there also, they are saying the money belonged to my husband. In the meantime, they are chipping away at it 5 dollars a month for their monthly fee. I sent a copy of my marriage license but I've not heard back from them.
My husband passed away on March 22nd 2020 I want my money refunded to me. Lona Rich. wife/widow of Howard Rich. Email address [protected]@yahoo.com if you need more details.

Crashed login site

Your loging site online has been down since 9am 4/15/20 I have been trying to unlock my card all day and have had to tell bill collectors that I cant pay them because greendot has my money tied up and the site has crashed. When can I get my card unlocked? [protected]
Please text me to let me know if there is any way you can unlock my card
I need this card unlocked asap.

prepaid debit card

On 4/12/20 I purchased a Green Dot Visa Debit Card. I put $50 on it and entered my personal info. I had a bill to pay. To this moment I still can't register my card and it's practically useless like Green Dot. My $50 is gone. I contacted Google Play from where I downloaded the app. I keep getting an error message saying "the site you're trying to reach doesn't exist". I am out of $50 dollars! The [censored]!

prepaid debit card

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices