Having problems with Coinbase?

Coinbase reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 23, 2013. The latest review Digital Currency was posted on Jun 5, 2021. The latest complaint coinbase credit card activation was resolved on Aug 22, 2017. Coinbase has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 120 reviews. Coinbase has resolved 2 complaints.

Coinbase Customer Service Contacts

548 Market Street № 23008
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Coinbase Customer Service. Initial Coinbase complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Coinbase above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Coinbase. Discuss the issues you have had with Coinbase and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Coinbase Complaints & Reviews

CoinbaseDigital Currency

Coinbase Case# [protected]
Coinbase Cae# [protected]

On April 9th, 2021. Three out of state representatives for T-Mobile accessed my account and did a SIM swap, which allowed the to access my Coinbase account. Per Coinbase I disabled my account within 30 minutes of the attack. I have since secured my phone, opened a police report and am working with T-Mobile to address the three employees who accessed my account. CoinBase will not work with me or respond to me in regards to allowing me access to my disabled account. I cannot move forward with my local police or with T-mobile in any sort of resolution because Coinbase will not allow me get a transaction history. I have no way of seeing what digital currency was taken, how much was taken, and all hopes of any type of recovery for the currency is lost as more time goes by. Coinbase. This refusal to enable my account also denies me any access to any money that is currently in the account. In effect they are holding my money hostage. In June of this year, 2021, I am entailed to an airdrop of a substantial amount of Spark Tokens, due to the amount of digital XRP I have paid for and secured on their site. By denying me access to my account, they are also in effect stealing from me. I have repeatedly asked for a response in enabling my account, in which I have been ignored. I have asked for a transaction history to move forward with litigation against T-Mobile. My next step will be to seek a lawyer and file a suit again Coinbase for not allowing me access to my account and funds. I have opened a Coinbase account, number given above. There is no response to this case. I attempted to open a formal case, and it was promptly closed by Coinbase.

May 31, 2021

Coinbase — Can't use my account, can't withdraw money

Dear Complaints Board, My name is William Rayman Cook. 7 months of waiting, 7 months since my account wa...

CoinbaseCoinbase ap

Coinbase randomly pulled $250 from my linked bank account. When I contacted them about it they froze my coinbase account for their review process. After reviewing and determining that they didn't steal my $250 even though it was never returned or credited to my coinbase account my account worth about 4k has not been re opened. I can not get a live operator to review and reopen. Just remail auto responses that don't address the issue.

CoinbaseEnable login

I locked my login last month and they will not enable it my, I had 500 in my account and may have lost it all my email when I locked it was [protected]@gmail.com I had to chang everything my number was [protected] I lost my phone so I got access to a old coinbase account and made a deposit transfer from my [protected]@gmail.com coinbase to try to get back in, im not receiving any updates or nothing terrible everything I just want my money and close my account my ticket last used through numerous tickets was [protected]
      [protected]@gmail.com I do admit I locked 2 from my authentication mistake and from email hackers in my building, my nuber is [protected]

I have 13 cryptos when I last saw 2 month ago and I have it on paper

CoinbaseMy account I can’t get in it. #[protected]

Hi
        I can't get in my account I believe someone has stolen my money. I need help.
        I'm still waiting to hear from you. The only way my account could be interfered with is you did it. When a text came letting me know my password was to be change, I never put the code in to accept the new pass word. I then call in for my account to be block. Which was about 5-10 minutes for that to be done So I don't understand what is going on. I have been waiting to hear from you. Let me know. If it takes 3 days for transaction to post, then what is going on. Let me know something. This is a great big deal to me.
        Wand Easter

CoinbaseWire Transfer

My bank wire transferred $7, 600.00 to Coinbase, Inc depositing the money in their bank (Cross River Bank) at 1:22 PM CST on 05/06/2021. The deposit has not placed in my Coinbase account. Coinbase sent specific instructions on how my bank was to transfer the funds and to the best of my knowledge my bank followed the instructions perfectly. All attempts to contact Coinbase directly by phone failed. Only automated responses from Coinbase. My bank provided an IMAD number to prove the money was transferred.

Coinbasecannot send or receive from my COINBASE account

cannot send or receive from my Coinbase account. There was a negative balance on a purchase i made so i put in funds to cover the shortage. The deposit shows in my account but the negative balance still shows on the purchase. I have contacted the several times but just keep getting sent to their help page. I have filed a complaint with them but they have not fixed my account so i can trade again . CASE #0514238

May 05, 2021

Coinbase — Deposit and transfer of deposits

On 3/21/2021, I used my Visa debit card online to purchase $300.00 USD of Bitcoin and Ethereum...

CoinbaseUnethical Practices

My mother & multiple references of mine recently have invested funds on & around April 13th & for very non-descript &/or outright false reasons, their funds are still being held. Coinbase has held My mothers funds over & over again even when in contact with her. We believe many peoples funds are being held by Coinbase so the company can use the funds to invest & day trade with before they actually make them available to the traders. Money comes out of the bank & days or weeks later they are finally allowed to access them on Coinbase. Something is not right here. We will be in contact with all of the account(s) info in the near future.

Mar 28, 2021

Coinbase — Missing £100 gbp deposit from my coinbase account

My name is Anthony Johnson, my Coinbase username is AJ4359. I can be contacted via [protected]@gmail.com On 12...

CoinbaseTrying to solve problems with my account

I have a total of about $130 and coin base that I have not been able to access for about six months or a year. I have filed many request for help. It appears the people in customer support at coin base are not literate. They keep sending the same boilerplate stuff do this and do this.

My account is been locked by customer support and they refuse to recognize or to resolve this issue.

I would like to clearly state that these folks need to be banned from the United States of America and doing business here. Any assets that they have here in the US should be seized to compensate for the poor service to the people who suffered at their hands.

• Ta
                    Tammie Cox-Swinehart Jun 05, 2021

Unfortunately you are one of many in which Coinbase is denying account access. I also have a disable account, and they are refusing to respond to me, or enable my account. Every week, I find a new place to file complaints. This company needs to go down. They have a F rating from the BBB, and overall are a failure of a company.

CoinbaseAccoult was completely erased

Date of incident - sometime week of March 2, 2021
                  Client number - not avaible as my account was zeroed out as if I never used it.
                  Incident - I opened an Account with Coinbase in October2, 020. I have the bank records showing deposits to Cpoinbase of $6500 from 10/20/20 to 1/7/21. I made various crypto coins purchases and trades like XRP, DASH, ETH and BTC.
                  When I looked at the account early the week of 3/2 the account was about $12500
                  When I looked at it mid-week (March 4 ) it was zero and all my records were gone, including my transaction records. I contacted Coinbase and have heard nothing. I did close and recover my account but nothing happened with that.

I want my account back with its value of the cryptos I own (BTC, ETH and DASH) restored.

I am also contacting the State of CA to report this.

CoinbaseLocked Out of Account

Since opening an account in Feb of this year, it's my second problem with Coinbase Pro. First they sent an email stating my probation was up on some of my money and I could do what I wanted with it; only they did not release the money for days until another amount matured. Now I'm locked out of my account with a statement that says my name and birthday don't match their records. I checked what they have and it does match. I've resent my ID twice and am still getting the same message. I've opened a trouble ticket, but nothing has happened so far. I've got a lot of money tied up in Coinbase Pro and they won't let me access it.

• Ed
                        Eddie Booze Apr 28, 2021

That first problem you're talking about... Yeah, they're day trading with YOUR money & only giving it to you when they feel like it. That second problem is insane. Sorry to hear that.

CoinbaseMissing Transfer

Where Is My Money, This Is Outta Hand #coinbase """REFUSE""" TO PUT MY TRANSFER FROM Karitbit To Coinbase Into My Account, It's Been Since January 29TH .
                      I've sent over 10 messages along with the Transfer Documents showing my Transfer, it's for $1506, I Need this TAKEN CARE OF. I've included 2 screen shots of the Transfer Documents showing everything.

Missing Transfer
                      Missing Transfer

Coinbase/Coinbase ProCryptocurrency

I am locked out of my account, I cannot get these people to unlock My account... I have tried for 2 weeks plus to get back into my account. All I get is Emails that ask if the issue has been resolved. I still have the issue, temporary account deactivated. I have sent many emails to them, I cannot get a person to talk to. It is a constant issue, going on over10 days.

CoinbaseHacked account

Called support number found in search under coinbase support guy who answered said wallets were corrupted and should be fixed immediately which he die transferring all my funds into new wallets whose addresses he sent me sent confirmation also for each transaction all statin
                          They were from coinbase
                          Nesty day with no funds in account I knew I had been scammed for about 19000

CoinbaseLocked out of account

I have tried to work with Coinbase for several weeks and cannot get them to help me with the 2 step verification using the Google Authenticator. My app no longer works because I changed my phone. Reinstalling the app on a new phone does not help. They have said that I called and locked the account. I do not have a customer support number and could not have. After explaining this they are not responding. I sent my ID for authentication and have asked them to call or use ZOOM. Still no answer.

Hopefully I will get a response by using this platform.

CoinbaseCoinbase fraud | money chargeback

I got scammed out of my Bitcoin through coinbase. Debits were made through my cards for purchases that I did not effect. I was wiped dry! I called coinbase customer care and they say that it must have been me but obviously it wasn't as the money was not in my wallet and not even the bank could account for it. I came across the guy from welovetheearth040 @ gmail . com and they were able to get back almost all of the money that I lost. I am grateful

CoinbaseCoinbase log-in issue

Over the past week I have been unable to log into my account because the two-step verification process is not working. I have been unable to complete the log-in because Coinbase first send a code to my mobile phone that I have to input before moving onto the QR code. It used to work fine before last week.

I wonder whether it will all be fixed should Bitcoin prices fall. Let's see. By the way, I am not the only person experiencing this issue currently. According to the Coinbase website, all is fine, and nothing has been reported. Not true.

CoinbaseBTC and ETH

I sold $100.00 of BTC and $100.00 of ETH on 11/21/2020. As of today, 2/8/2021, the funds have not been deposited into my bank. I have submitted two support cases - #[protected] on 12/1/2021 and # [protected] on 1/26/2021 - with no response. As I've gotten no response to my two requests and it has been over two months since my initial sell transaction I would like to have my transactions cancelled and the amount of BTC and ETH placed back into my Coinbase account.