Complaints & Reviews

Green Dot — linda spaulding

I recieved a check from linda spaulding in the amount of $4869.00 and it said to cash or deposit it and to...

Green Dot Prepaid Servicesthis company sucks, has no customer service and in the money business.

if you purchase a prepaid credit card & want to dispute a transaction, you'd want customer support to assist you in correcting the problem i definately dont want to write a letter to some po box. your money isnt safe here.
its messed up that the problem occured in the first place. Next, forever to get your money back. i cant do business with this kinda co. Clay in Brooklyn

• Qe
      qeutiepei Jun 08, 2009

Clay write the Fed Trade Commiss and BBB. They may help shut them down. They have a ghost company in Ca with a PO Box But the BBB will help and they speak American. Any body can speak english.Write the Better Business Bureau in Georgia. Or file a proper complaint with the Ghost Company in California. Someone asked how to reach a real person on this card. when they come on and ask english or spanish do not press anything. When it asks the nature of your account press 1, then press 2, enter card # then enter zip code. listen to automation and press 3. This company will not cooperate with you to return your money in an orderly fashion. They are not an american company tho the main office is out of California. There is no one in California to talk to. To file a proper complaint, write Green Dot Visa, PO Box 1187, Monrovia, Ca, 91017.
      BBB of W. Georgia-E. Alabama & S.W. Georgia (Columbus, GA)
      500 12th Street
      Columbus, GA 31901
      Phone: [protected]
      Fax: [protected]
      Email: [protected]@columbus-ga.bbb.org
      Web: www.columbus-ga.bbb.org
      Please contact the BBB directly if you have questions about your complaint.

• Te
      TedJackson May 13, 2013

Indeed, GREEN DOT SUCKS ! Anyone that tries to do business with this company, you better hope you don't have any issues that require fixing by them or you may as well drop the soap now and get it over with ! The people that use these prepaid Visas are poor enough, never mind being raped by fees at every possible turn. What gets me is they actually have the gall to make you pay $4.95 every time you DEPOSIT money to your card with their so called, "Money Pac" ! Then there are the monthly usage fees, but wait, you could instead opt to pay a $1.00 fee for EVERY purchase you make. [censored] ME !, They should be paying YOU $1.00 per purchase which is not too unlike what some REAL credit cards do. The completely automated customer service system is not what you'd ever expect from a firm that's handling peoples money. Not one option to speak to Customer Service on that list, let's try another sub-menu ... and another. Let's get real folks, how many questions that you actually have are answerable by these systems ? Maybe 1 in 20. It took me 30 minutes of Internet searches to finally find a real live, "talk to a person", phone number. I'm sure they routinely put customers on hold for 45 minutes like I was privileged to. I got bombarded with recorded ads for their latest schemes get more money into their greedy little interest bearing hands, (accounts). Finally, I got a real person after a seemingly ceaseless struggle to decipher a little bit of English from the Hindi dialect. I thought I had my problem solved. No dice ... I had to call back again! The good news is I found another prepaid called Serve.com American Express. They have a start up fee of $5 and that's it. So far they seem OK.

Green Dot — no support

I got a green dot reloadable credit card. they sent it to me in spanish. I tried to call them they list only...

Greendot Mail.com/green Dot Enterprisesscams/fake checks

I signed up at GreenDotMail.com for an at home mailing job. The deal is they senmd you a paycheck right away to cover the shipping expenses. You send them a commission from it and the rest of the money, is yours to keep. I did all that was asked of me. I cashed the check at my bank and went right away to get envelopes, stamps, and the greendot moneyPAK. I sent the commission in and mailed everything out right away. A week and one day later, I look at my bank account and the damn company took back the check. Well, as my bank sayd: "the bank the check was written from, did not have the funds." So basically, I am losing money because they didn't have the funds. If they did not have the funds, then why was my check cashed by my bank and cleared. My bank- Bank Of America- did not seem to care too much. They basically told me that I can't do anything. I contacted the check fraud department of my bank and they told me that they would not let me file a claim and they could not help me to get my money back. They told me to contact the company. Here is the issue, the company only has an email address and mailing address. I sent a message to the email address, asking why they would do this to me and why the money that I worked hard for was taken back from me. You guessed it- no response. This is all a big SCAM! I will file a police report today, but our sheriffs' office or police department wont do anything. They will say that they will investigate the problem, but they wont. I am basically writting this to get the word out. I am now in debt $959.00, because of these people. It saddens me that the bank that I have been with for over 3 years did not care about one of there customers losing an amount of money like this because of a scam. I am not the only one that has been scammed by these people. My roommate was also scammed and some other people that I know in Arcadia have been scammed as well. Please get the word out, tell your story. THIS SITE IS SCAMMING PEOPLE AND TAKING THEIR MONEY. DO NOT TRUST THE SITE. THEY CHECKS ARE FAKE-FRAUDS!

• Si
        Silvia May 08, 2009

I woke up this morning to find a charge on my account from Easy Saver for $14.95. Not knowing what it was about I called my bank they gave me an 800 number. Before I called I googled Easy Saver and this website came up. One of the other complaints had this #[protected]. I called it and they lady was nice explained that when I used my card for an Oriental Trading online purchase I used a coupon from the that activated the membership. I told I had no idea and had not agreed to it she said my money would be refunded in 5-7days.

When ever you use a coupon read the whole thing because they get all your information. Your address, phone number, and worse of all your credit card number!!!

This really makes me mad

• Sc
        scoobydoo May 11, 2009

how could you be upset at the bank because you were scammed? hmmm last time i was given a check before i worked was, well, never. clue number two should have been when your employer ask you to send THEM money, hmmm last time my employer ask me to give them money was, well, never. I understand being frustrated about the situation but i cant stand sob stories when its everones fault but your own.

• Sh
        shordiencash May 13, 2009

FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS HAD THESE PEOPLE SCAM YOU, PLEASE GO TO THIS SITE AND FILE A COMPLAINT. IT IS THE FBI INTERNET SCAM SITE. THE MORE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS SITE THE BETTER.

• Ms
        MSTHANG May 22, 2010

holly [censor]!!! i have received a check like this also...i have been wrong by the police every time i have ever needed help, so it don't surprise me no one is doing anything about this... They actually send another check with mine it had another name and address on it...i will report it also.

West Virginia

• Ar
        ARTINIA Nov 29, 2010

i agree %`100 i recieved a money pak paper in the mail this time every year and the check which is on the top part says USBANK on it i tear them in half and throw it in the trash PEOPLE PLEASE AVOID THOSE LETTERS my bank told me its a SCAM

Green Dot Moneypakfunds taken out, never received card

Purchased a Green Dot Mastercard/Visa for $109.95 April 2, 2009 and never received the card. I called today to report and was told my balance was $70.10. Asked for a refund and was given more hype.
      How are these people getting away with this? After reading all of the complaints against them, why are they still in business?

• Ne
          NellKnall Jun 30, 2010

I have been using Green Dot Money Card since 2007. Since 2007 I have never once had a complaint nor have I had any issues with this company or my card. I have used it online to pay all my bills and shopping at local stores and malls. I have kept a perfect balance with them, never any overdrafts, no money missing, no false charges or theft. I must say I am very pleased with having used their card and service for 3 years now.
          Thanks,
          Nelliesha Knall, Smyrna Tennessee

• Gr
          GreenDots Oct 17, 2013

Nelliesha,

I had the exact same experience and attitude about Green Dot as you expressed until I personally, and unexpectedly, experienced the same poor customer service and confiscatory freezing of funds that has been complained about by others on this website. For three years I used Green Dot regularly without any problems until one day I tried to reset my password and was frozen out of my account. I was told that the information I provided didn't match the information they had on file, but wouldn't explain what information was incorrect. I then experienced the same bait and switch delay that has caused many who have filed complaints here to just give up and abandon their funds to Green Dot's unjust enrichment. I have sent them copies of identification documents twice and, after more than two months, am still trying to get the security hold lifted on a balance of $350. Meanwhile, they earn interest on their deposits that are subject to their security holds and undoubtedly earn millions in revenues from funds that have been abandoned due to a customer service policy that seems designed to achieve exactly that result.

Antoinette J Smith Mar 01, 2014

My name is Antoinette Smith. My reference number is fpp1651360. My phone number is [protected]. My money wasn't on my money pak. My kids are hungry because of this screw up. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE. I'M BEGGING.

Antoinette J Smith Mar 01, 2014

Where is my money

Comments

greendotonline.com pre-paid visa cardthe card company stole my social security number and refuses to finalize my attempt to obtain the service (to give me a card number)

this pre-paid credit card was to contain $50
        it had to be paid in cash
        when tried to register over the phone, i unwittingly provided my social security number
        was forwarded to the activation clerk who told me their computer system was slow and to hang up and call back in 5 minutes
        when i called back i was told there was a "bad french error, goodbye"
        tried again and it happened again
        i realized it was a scam
        i would like my $50 back and my $9 activation fee refunded.

Green Dot Money Pak — alternative advice

Sorry for your regrets regarding purchasing Green Dot Cards or Money Pak but there is alternative way of...

Green Dot Onlineshady business practices

Green Dot online seems like a good deal on the outside but once you sign up with them they say that it takes around 7 to 10 days to receive the card you can receive your card faster with rush service. I elected the rush service I was told it would be ship to me in two days, it actually took longer then the standard shipping rate for me actually to receive the card in hand. This is after I had to call back about and hassle the company on the fact they total screwed up the order and the fact that I ordered rush service. The person I talk to was a manager who said that he would re-send the card out and actually had the nerve to try and recharge me for the rush fee, I told him that he should refund the price of the shipping since they completely blew the shipping in-the first place, we had to compromises and I did not get a refund and he paid for the rush reshipping charge.

A host of smaller problems later I thought everything was ok I had made some deposits with a money pack and everything went good. I needed to move some money from one of my accounts and I noticed that Green Dot offered a ACH Transfer service so I thought this would be a straight forward process so I gathered all the important information and I sent my bank the information (Green Dot is extremely cryptic about how this process works). My bank processed the wire transfer and then I checked my Green Dot account and nothing I called Green Dot they said there had been no activity on my account and showed no income deposits. Then a Green Dot Supervisor named Michelle (Batch ID #4370) got on the phone and she and I called my bank and spoke with the branch manager who in turn told her, that the the wire has been completed and the money had been taking out of our customers account . Michelle verified with my banks branch manager the routing and account numbers used for the transfer after the verification see didn't know what was going on and asked me to wait until the next day to see if it clears. I told her that I needed to speak with another manager higher than her and then I asked for a area manager I was put on hold (It took them 30 to 40 minutes to find someone) once they they got back to me a Green Dot Customer Service Area Manager named Ann picked up the phone and proceeded to inform me that she was research the problem while I was on hold. She told me that all incoming wires needed to be received by (9) nine am and that mine was going into my account the following day I was not to happy about this considering it only takes (2) two hours to complete a wire transfer but anyway I knew where my money was.

The following day I went to the ATM to check my Green Dot Account and low and behold it was empty I promptly called Green Dot Customer Service and asked for Ann (this after I battle the phone system for 30 minutes). Ann was not available but an Green Dot Area Manager ( of what area I don't know he would not specify) a man named Edward proceed to tell me that he did not see any income transfers and that he was stuck and did not have any data to work with. I explained to him the situation and asked him where are my funds he could not give an answer when, I explained to him that a national bank, two sets of managers from two different banking intuitions acknowledge the fact that money has been moved from on place to another and, A Green Dot Customer Service Area Manager actually admitted that the funds were present at the Green Dot facilities the only thing he could say is don't want to give you wrong information but could you call back tomorrow and see if it has posted but I don't think it will I told him I would be making a complaint against there company with the U.S. Government.

Needless to say it is not worth it to purchase one of this cards for any reason your going to get screwed some how and it's just going to be a GIANT waste of time I don't even know if I am going to get my money back. SCREW GREEN DOT

• Se
              SEARCHENGINE496 Sep 10, 2010

I FEEL THE PAIN OF THE CUSTOMER HERE AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO GET THE GREEN SCREW JOB OF ALL THE LIES THAT GREEN DOT GIVES WHEN YOU WANT YOUR FUNDS BACK. I TRIED MYSELF TO GET MY 3000.00 DOLLARS BACK AFTER NOT RECIEVING MY ITEM PURCHESED WITH MY GREEN DOT VISA. IT TOOK ME OVER SIX MONTHS OF COMPLAINING AND SENDING MY DOCUMENTAIN OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO GET THE MONEY BACK. I WADED THROUGH A TONS OF LIES UNTIL I TOLD THEM MY PURCHACE IS FEDERALLY INSURED BY LAW AND WAS HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE.

mattcom Feb 16, 2011

i want to do a wire transfer but i cant figure out if my visa green dot even will let me transfer funds to wells Fargo..?? anyone got any info that could help me out it is imperative that I send the funds immediately

Green Dot Enterprisesfake checks!

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. This is even more proof of that saying. About 1 month & 1 week ago my cousin called me all excited about getting a check for $950 from GDE. She cashed her check, no problem, oddly enough she even checked with her Bank, which she was told it's a REAL check. My Fiance and I, who have a baby on the way, figured hey, let's try it! So we filled out the form, too. Yesterday he got his check for the amount of $2, 007.93. We figured hey, cool, we can catch up on some bills and put the rest to our wedding! That is until our Bank told us that the check is not only fake, BUT, US Bank (Which, if you've gotten checks from the "company" you know it's drawn on US bank!) and MoneyGram (Also listed on the check) no longer do business together. AND that the check number was cashed in 2003 BUT for a much smaller amount. Needless to say, we were very upset. I have never read any complaints about GreenDotMail.Com, guess I should have been searching for GDE all along. But, the bank also informed us that if we attempt to cash it that he would go to jail for a bad check, which we both find odd cause it's not really his fault, but, it's FL law, I suppose. We turned everything over to the police, since, thats what we asked to do. HOPEFULLY something gets figured out here. We'll see. But, I guess if you get a check less than 1, 000 it will be cashed??? By WalMart or your bank! If it's over 1, 000, then forget even trying, you'll go to jail and the "company" GDE will just use your Social for whatever they'd like!

• Ki
                KIWI73703 Jun 18, 2009

so I'm curious if your friend check went through?

• Ig
                I got scamed Jun 30, 2009

This is sad because as of today I just recevied a check in the amount of 946.00... and broke as I am its temping for me to cash this check but now that I have read these complaints... I tore the check up. Thanks for the warnnings about this FAKE company.

Green Dot Enterprisesfake check

On 04/24/09 I received a fake check for 2017.48. My bank verified it was a fake and went on the website and start pulling up all the complaints on this business. They said in the letter that it was a cash grant and to send green dot back 200.10 on a greendot card and fax it to them. I have reported it to the credit agencies but it would really be lovely if the authorities would catch up with these dishonest people. (Man can't see it all but GOD does and he knows you and you will be punished and most of the time your families too!)

• Je
                  jeff Apr 27, 2009

I got one of these and tried calling US bank to see if the check was real. They said they would not verifie the check.I also called money gram who was used for the transaction they would not verifie anything, even when I had my bank call direct the would not help.These banks and other companies are helping theses scams go through because they make mony as well when you get charged for the bounced check.I think people should stop doing bussines with these companies and banks that protected theses scamers.They are not giving out any info that could be a risk to someone by telling you if a check with there name on it is fake.

• Co
                  concerned daddy Apr 27, 2009

yea i agree, these unethical sons of [censor]ezs, or whoever that ### scam artist is. I hope her stupid azz gets caught, because people don't know how hard it is these days to make a living. they sent my wife tht same stupid fake azz [censored]z. I am so glad i convinced her not to cash it, cause i know she would have been in a lot of [censored]z. These banks too need to step up to the plate and help catch those idiots and help provide information to the victims. Some times an innocent person who knows nothing and has no common sense that they are being scammed get caught up in that BS and it is so forkin unfair. I hope their ### azzez get what's coming to them mother suckerez

• Ks
                  KsMom May 01, 2009

Great I'm screwed huh.I thought it was to good to be true I am disabled with 5 kids and got let go from my job in Feb. I cashed the check and bought envelopes and ran off 400 copies but luclly that's all I have done so I will only be out 80.00 but it really sucks I folded all of them tonite.Are there any real work from homw jobs.

• Sh
                  Shell Jun 05, 2009

That is awful beyond belief !! There are legitimate work at home jobs to be found if you do all the backround checks and be thorough beyond belief ...

• Su
                  Sue C. Argo Aug 28, 2009

Today I received a check for $957.71. I am always skeptical, because I think no one gives you something for free...Is that the case with this?????

Greendot.com — non manageable accounting

This stupid greendot crap is unbelievable. After purchasing a reloadable greendot visa and faxing all my...

Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corp. — can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep

I just purchased a Walmart MoneyCard/Visa Prepaid Card last month as a gift, not realizing that the...

Green Dot — unauthorized billing

First, I know this is really long. OK, it's a novel, but my ordeal with this company has been ongoing...

Green Dot Enterprises — at home work

I received a card in the mail stating that they were looking for people to hire to work out of their home...

Green Dot Onlinefraudulent practices

Well, in short I'm not happy with a credit card company that asks for your social security number over the phone, and then informs you electronically that your number is invalid. You cannot get your account started, and when you think you can by (giving the number) the phone call goes nowhere. It seems that many people are writing about this alleged credit card company and the losses are building up financially.

In addition, the account number sent is only 12 digits long when in fact the one the electronic message asks for is 16 digits long. There should be a more direct way of talking to these people, not their electronic message system. I don't know presently whether I can get my refund because I keep getting the runaround. I would not chose this company if I had to do it again. Moreover, it's been more then two weeks since I ordered and my card has not arrived. They want you to put your whole paycheck into their account. Don't do it. It's too risky!!!

• Jb
                    jblack Apr 04, 2009

What is going on with Greendot on line.com...? Why i cant get a prepaid cc? who the hell is sleeping on the helm? do we have to call the BBB?

• Jb
                    jblack Apr 04, 2009

THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!

CANT SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS/

WHY THEY ADVERTISE THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOU A CARD AND WHEN YOU TRY TO GET IT, NOTHING!!

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Green Dotmy refund is not returned

I had purchased a Green Dot card on March 24, 2009. I had put money on the money pack card from my Federal Income Tax. I put 45 dollars on the card. My prepaided rush card was not part of their prepaid cards so my money would not go on there. I call Green Dot the same day and I am still waiting on my money. They told me I will recieved my money within 7-10 business days. It been 2 weeks, that is just not right. They are bascially getting people money, that why you can not get a refund from the store. I say somebody need to make money off them by getting our pocket money back.

• Qe
                      qeutiepei Jun 08, 2009

Write the Better Business Bureau in Georgia. Or file a proper complaint with the Ghost Company in California. Someone asked how to reach a real person on this card. when they come on and ask english or spanish do not press anything. When it asks the nature of your account press 1, then press 2, enter card # then enter zip code. listen to automation and press 3. This company will not cooperate with you to return your money in an orderly fashion. They are not an american company tho the main office is out of California. There is no one in California to talk to. I have had several supervisors hang up on me. To file a proper complaint, write Green Dot Visa, PO Box 1187, Monrovia, Ca, 91017.
                      Comments United States Your complaint has been received and routed to the following BBB: BBB of W. Georgia-E. Alabama & S.W. Georgia (Columbus, GA)
                      500 12th Street
                      Columbus, GA 31901
                      Phone: [protected]
                      Fax: [protected]
                      Email: [protected]@columbus-ga.bbb.org
                      Web: www.columbus-ga.bbb.org
                      Please contact the BBB directly if you have questions about your complaint.

• Je
                      Jerseyskater Apr 10, 2011

GRWWN DOY SUCKS MAJOR BALLS

• Ta
                      Tammie pakacki Jun 11, 2014

I was told I would receive a check back for 125.00 and only received 21.50 I would like to know where the rest of my balance is thank you tammie pakacki

Greendot Prepaid Visamoney was taken off card and I had card in my possession

I had put $60.00 Dollars on my card March 12, 2009 and on Friday March 13, 2009 before noon the money was taken out for gas and Caller ID? I had my card in my possession at time of these so called transactions! I would like my money returned to me now. Sandra Mendez 12433 Firestone Blvd Norwalk Ca 90650 My Account #[protected] Exp 8/10 Green dot gold Visa Thank you Sandra Mendez My e-mail address is [protected]@yahoo.com

• Mi
                        Mike Jul 03, 2009

Umm.. ONE BIG THING.. is dont ever publish your personal information like that.. You should try to get complaint boards to take your private information down...
                        I have a greenDot issue too, so anyone who is willing to tell me about it in detail, please email me at:
                        [protected]@gmail.com

I know I have a way to get this addressed at last...
                        Regards,
                        Mike

• Do
                        don brun Nov 15, 2010

direct deposit was never put on card

Greendot.com — stol my money on my card I put in $20.00 on [protected] and today I dont have any money on my card.

I put $20.00 on my greendot card on 03-18-2009 and I when to check my card to see if it work I try buying...

Next Estate Green Dotmoney not available

Not until after you made your "non-refundable" payment and receive your receipt for reloading their prepaid "greendot refill card" do you learn that you cannot even log in to add the funds for 60 minutes. If you purchase the refill card because you need to pay a bill online such as to get a service turned back on that was overdue, you will add an hour wait to the time it takes to have that service restored.

CVS, Walmart, and others do not have this restriction, only Walgreens.

• Ni
                          Nitehawke May 11, 2009

I also found this out the hard way quite some time ago. Never have been able to figure it out!

Greendot.comreturned my money

Green dot refunded me my money... Thanks green dot on 03-02-2009 so be patient maybe they are sincere but overloaded... Sorry for the complaint green dot but you really need to get it together. It takes 2 seconds to take our money now give us a live support team in case of a mishap...

• Cu
                            cuddles2009 Mar 02, 2009

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Ba
                            barbara Apr 03, 2009

I hsve a prepaid Visa from you guys. My understanding was that if you added money once a month that there was no monthly fee. I see a monthly charge on my card and I'd like to know why!

• Ni
                            Nitehawke May 11, 2009

Barbara, you will find a list of the fees for each type of card on Greendot's website Here: https://www.greendotonline.com/Contents/Products.aspx#Fees_English

It very clearly states that there is a MONTHLY maintenance fee of $4.95

You apparently mis-read the TOS.

• Ex
                            expresspackage Mar 26, 2010

cuddes must work for greendot.com because people dont usually post comments like this after finally getting their money back. They just sigh with relief and determine not to deal with the company again.

JOSHLEND PETERSON Jul 18, 2010

I PUT 20.00 ON MY CARD ON 07-18-2010 AND IT SAYS THAT I DONT HAVE THE 20.00 I WANT MY MONEY BACK ON MY CARD TODAY!!!

JOSHLEND PETERSON Jul 18, 2010