Glocelltermination of contract with immediate effect

M

I went to the Glocell Centurion Mall store on the 25th September asking advice about termination of a contract and taking my current number to prepaid. I was informed that I need to settle the amount and it will be terminated in 24 hours, just sending proof of payment... What a load of horse crap... I then went to find out at another service provider enquiring about a new contract because they said my phone number will be available in 24 hours. The following day 26 Sept I inquire if it has been done, but none of the staff told me I should have filled in a termination form with my id document attached. So I filled in the document and attached my ID copy. On 27 Sept I went back to the shop to find out if it was ready on prepaid, then they said I need to resend proof of payment. I sent proof of payment 12 times. Still nothing. I phoned many times the 0841234 (customer support line). I want to terminate with immediate effect because going 7 times back to a shop with no results are pathetic. Every time I phone the customer support number I have to hold for +40 min before anybody answers and also cut off many times. When I phoned today, they did receive all documents and said I need to wait for 30 days before the contract will be cancelled. I don't want to cancel my contract after the turn around time, I want to terminate with immediate effect. Having my contact number: [protected] available on prepaid. They also said there is a 16 month left on my contract??? What? I settled my contract to not have it anymore. I only want my number available.

• Cl
    Claraleni Sep 17, 2018

Is there any contact details for the dept collectors for Golcell?
    I need a letter from them to get my name cleaned.
    Leniolivier12 @gmail.com

• Bi
    Bill Meyer Apr 18, 2018

You are lucky.
    I cannot even get through to their "Support / Customer Care" line. All the emails send to them bounce. Even the once from the so-called collection agency.
    Also had Autopage accounts that was switched over - told them to cancel at end of contract - which they obviously ignore - and make it impossible to contact them in order to answer queries. Not to mention - they did not honour the insurance contract, and even after requesting to stop deducting for insurance, they kept on putting it on the bill.
    They never phone back, they don't answer the Customer Support Line, and their email accounts all bounce.

Luckily - they cannot deduct as I pay via EFT. If it was not for that I would not have been able to get them to honour the first insurance claim where between them and Autopage they lost the device returned from repairs.
    When they eventually called back, and realising that no further payment was forthcoming until they resolve the insurance claim - suddenly they gave attention to it.

Now they just ignore any cancellation requests and still try to get insurance payment for an insurance they've been instructed to cancel since they said that they will not be honouring it.

• Ne
    NelsonM Dec 06, 2017

I have the same problem. The service is putrid. its like their entire team are aliens. I am waiting for over 6 months for a response and I don't even have a sim card yet I am being billed. Its like they took the most stupid, useless people in the country and employed them at Glocell. This is the most pathetic company I have ever come across EVER!!!

Christo123 Oct 16, 2016

I sit with the same problem, they do not want to terminate the contract, I have also phoned so many times but nothing has happend till now,

• Le
    Lehanne Harding Creevy Feb 08, 2017

@Christo123 I have spent so much money trying to get this sorted. i email them everyday, they read the email, but dont reply. I will be cancelling my debit order, then they can try get the money from me!!(im sure i will then hear from them) I have all my emails etc as proof that i cancelled my contract! Have NEVER dealt with such a useless company