Fox Rent A Car

5500 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90045, US

Reviews and Complaints

Fox Rent A CarExcess rental car fees

I booked a car rental reservation for my son through Priceline. At the time of the booking, I selected that my son was 21 years old. The rate I received was inclusive of all surcharges and daily rates. I took screenshots of all of this. When my son was at the offsite LAX location today at approximately 10 a.m., he was forced to pay another $500. He was told that he never paid for the underage fee or underage daily rate, which is a blatant lie. I have the screenshots of everything I paid for and that was all inclusive for a 21-year-old rate. I have contacted my bank's credit card department and reported these excess charges as fraudulent. I am also reporting the same to Priceline. I am demanding the excess charges that you forced my son to incur today be immediately refunded to the card he presented to you. The Priceline trip number is [protected]. The confirmation number is FFX01E26AO. This company has very negative reviews from many other individuals regarding these same fraudulent tactics being used.

RESOLVED

• Updated by J K · Jun 24, 2021

I rented a car for my son through this company and Priceline. At the time of reservation, I selected that he was 21 years old. The rates given were inclusive of any additional surcharges or excess daily rates. I have a screen shot to prove it. However, when my son got to the offsite location, which was not at the LAX airport as indicated, he was forced to pay $500 more for underage surcharges and daily rates. The other option was to be stuck in Los Angeles with no transportation. Based on the horrible reviews of this company, which I should have checked first, Fox Rent-a-Car has a pattern, history, and trend of doing this to many other people. This company should be sued and shut down as a fraudulent, dishonest company. I have contacted the fraud department of my credit card, as well as Priceline. THIS COMPANY IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED!! DO NOT RENT ANYTHING FROM FOX RENT-A-CAR IN ANY CITY, TOWN, STATE, COUNTRY OR OTHERWISE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

• Fox Rent A Car's response · Jun 28, 2021

I apologize for any confusion on the rates, the underage charge cannot be added on an outside bookiong and will only be charged upon arrival, once the renter's identification is verified. I apologize that this was not clear on your booking, all inforamtion regarding the underage fee is listed on the rental policies, and a disclaimer should have been present on your Priceline booking that is the renter was under the age of 25 there would be additional charges.
      Thank you.

Aug 22, 2019

Fox Rent A Car — customer service

I return my car and forgot one important personal item in car, called them in 5 mins and they took...

Fox Rent A Car — scam charge

I rented a car from May first to the 7th and from 8th to 12th respectively. I didn't know that I was not...