Having problems with CarFlexi?

CarFlexi reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 1, 2016. The latest review Payment not received was posted on Jun 10, 2021. The latest complaint Voucher CEF9F216 was resolved on May 18, 2021. CarFlexi has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 147 reviews. CarFlexi has resolved 58 complaints.

CarFlexi Customer Service Contacts

+41 215 880 015 (Switzerland)
Poststrasse 24
Zug
Switzerland - 6300

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CarFlexi Customer Service. Initial CarFlexi complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CarFlexi above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CarFlexi. Discuss the issues you have had with CarFlexi and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CarFlexi Complaints & Reviews

CarflexiPayment not received

Trying to cancel my booking and I cant seem to get thru

Your system dont allow anyone to contact

Booking for laurence todd

Your cancellation number is : [protected]
Pickup date : 10/06/21
Cancellation date : 10/06/21

Not able to fly in due to covid restrictions

Please refund deposit

Reservation number [protected]

CarflexiBooking cfaf6aba

I cancelled a reservation that I had with Carflexi and it's been two months and I have not received it yet. They tell me all kinds of stories but never issue the refund. I contacted: Sergi I checked with my bank and they said that they only contact other entities when it's a case of fraud. In this case they asked me to ask you if you have the card number correct. I am going crazy like a ping-pong ball between you and my bank and no one asumes responsibility. Please, I want to escalate this case to a higher level and find out where my money is. It is not normal that a refund takes more than a month to clear. Something is wrong, it is your system or you entred the wrong credit card number. I want to solve this matter as soon as possible.

• CarFlexi's response · Jun 05, 2021

Dear Andres Lopez,

we appreciate the review and for giving us the opportunity to assist you further with this case.
        We confirm the refund from our side and we verified with the bank we work with. Can we please ask to recheck with your card issuer under the transaction details that we have emailed you?
        Thank you in advance.

• Updated by Andres Lopez · Jun 10, 2021

I don't think you have verified with your bank the completion of your transaction. You sent me a document that a transaction was made but further up there's no proof of a seriuos follow up. As a said before, I made many cancellations of my trip to Europe and I received my money bank from other vendors in three days. My bank has confirmed that there are no restrictions whatsoever for the refund not go through. The problem is with the refunder and that needs to be verified. Very dissapointed with this. I hope I get my money back. I am not going to give up.

Thanks,
        Andres Lopez

• CarFlexi's response · Jun 12, 2021

Dear Andres Lopez,

We would like to thank you for contacting us. Can we please ask if you were able to verify now with your bank that the refund was made? We would appreciate the information. Thank you in advance.

• Updated by Andres Lopez · Jun 17, 2021

Hello, my bank is still investigating what happened with the refund. So far no answer but they still tell me that they do not have any restrictions for gettting credits or refunds. They tell me that the problem is from the bank issuing the refund. Some step was not done right. Please do not just send me a document; you have to double-check with your bank.

Thanks,

CarflexiVoucher CEF9F216

Hello,
      Can you kindly explaining me why i have a withdrawal in my credit card dated April 30th 2021 for the amount of 109.12€ while i only booked a rental car in May 03rd 2021and I paid for that at the desk of SIXT in Bologna Airport (Invoice Sixt [protected] -157€) ?

I am kindly asking you to reimburse the 109.12€ in total.
      Looking forward to hear from you.
      Kind regards
      Anna Pazzaglia

Voucher CEF9F216
      Voucher CEF9F216

• CarFlexi's response · May 21, 2021

Dear Anna Pazzaglia,

Thank you for the review and for giving us the chance to assist you.
          In regards to your request, we would like to inform you that part of the rental amount is paid at the time of booking and the remaining amount is paid at the rental desk, on the collection day.
          The reservation with number CFE9F216 was for an automatic car for 9 days in Bologna. The cost of the reservation was € 225, 74 (excluding fuels and highway tolls). As arranged at the time of booking there was a payment of € 109, 12 including our Premium protection and the remaining amount of 116, 62 should be paid with driver’s credit card to Sixt car rentals as they had confirmed the reservation. A receipt is available to your account on our website if you login with the reservation details.
          Checking Sixt car rentals invoice, they have charged you as it had been arranged plus a fee for the missing fuels.
          Once again we would like to thank you for the review and we will be glad to serve you again soon!

Carflexicar rental

I was led to believe that the price would include all insurance, when I got to Budget they asked for an extra 35$ a day (more then the cost of the rent) for insurance, when I told them all insurance was paid they just kept with the same.
        I ended wasting half a day of my trip to get another car and paying more.
        When I asked for a refund for what they charged me they refuse.
        Will press charges.
        Do not rent from them!!

• CarFlexi's response · Jan 05, 2021

Dear Yuvdon,

Thank you for the review and we regret to read your dissatisfaction concerning your last reservation in Mexico.
            We were able to locate the reservation which was for a full-size car for 15 days with Budget car rentals in Puerto Vallarta airport. Kindly note that we do offer a service to refund you the excess in case of an accident or theft. Our service is optional and it is available during the booking process however you had declined our protection. Since the excess was not protected, the station of Budget car rentals proposed their insurance. We are unable to dispute arrangements made with the station at the time of collection and there was no need to purchase additional insurances unless it was agreed or the driver didn't provide a valid credit card with enough funds for the payment and the deposit.
            Once again we would like to thank you for the review and should you require further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sep 16, 2020

Carflexi — Credit vs debit card issues

Dear CarFlexi, I would like to request a deposit back from my booking. There has been a problem with Credit...

CarflexiCar rental service in Turkey

Hello,

I have sent an email to customer support of Carflexi on Aug 18th to investigate the wrong charges that have been done for car rental service during our vacation in Turkey. The investigation was supposed to start on Aug 22nd but we haven't received any reply ever since. Booking # was CF05ED54 . Please check and reply to [protected]@gmail.com

• CarFlexi's response · Oct 03, 2020

Dear Tatiana Pilipenko,

Thank you for the review and for giving us the option to check this for you.
              Our customer service team has already closed this case in your favor as the local agency refunded the amount you were charged for the one way fee.
              Once again we would like to thank you for contacting us and we will be glad to serve you again soon.

CarFlexi.com

CarflexiAlamo refused to honor confirmation and "voucher"

RE :CarFlxexi Voucher No: CFA37E78
            Car Rental Provider Confirmation No:. 1617803096COUNT
            Rate Code: CARFLGU
            Upon receipt of rental confirmation and "Voucher" from CarFlxi, I cancelled our alternate transportation from Key West to Fort Myers, Florida and was charged a cancellation fee by The Key West Ferry Express. However, upon arrival at the Alamo desk at the Key West Airport we were told that Alamos doesn't honor same day reservations, that the CarFlexi "Voucher" and confirmation would not be honored and that a car would not be provided.
            My wife and I and two children were then obliged to find another car rental agency and were able to do so at significant expense.

Malcolm J. Pitchford
            [protected]@shumaker.com
            [protected]

• CarFlexi's response · Aug 05, 2020

Dear Malcolm Pitchford

Thank you for the review and we wish if you had contacted us while you were at the airport to assist you. We asked Alamo car rentals why the reservation was not used and they emailed us the following answer:

Dear Partner,

Thank you for writing.

Our records show that the reservation was confirmed for pick up; however, the customer did not pick up the vehicle. No additional information is available regarding why the vehicle was not picked up.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Sarah
                Tour Support

Kind Regards
                Customer service Team

Carflexiinsurance and deposit problems

Boking number i: CF6707C2 car from Express Katowice airport

First our flight was cancel until next day (Saturday) when we came to airport Express want us to pay to them insurance and deposit of 600 euro, we already bought from you extra insurance but they say it is not active if something happen, we ware not happy with this so we tried to get in contact with you but could not find any number to call nor email and express could not help us to find any number or email or could help us in any way and we did not take the car.

We therefor ask you kindly to refund our money.

Sverrir Kristjánsson

tlf.: +[protected]

Feb 04, 2020

Carflexi — car rental

I made a car rental booking with carflexi from Izmir Airport for 07 December 2019 to the 11 December 2019...

Jan 24, 2020

Carflexi — I am complaining about car rental

We were informed that we will pay 72 euro by card and later then we meet the person from their company at the...

Jan 14, 2020

Carflexi — car rentals

We had booked a car with Ace Rentals through carflexi.com. The carflexi booking id is CF7F8A19 and Ace rental...

Jan 04, 2020

Carflexi — car rental

On the 03/01/2020 at 15h54 I made a booking at HERTZ/FIREFLY at George SA. Rental period is 03-12 January...

Jan 03, 2020

Snap Rentals and Carflexi — car rental

On the afternoon of the car rental booking we were advised that there was no car available, leaving us with...

Jan 02, 2020

Carflexi — unauthorised credit card charges

I booked a car through this agency believing I was dealing with the car hire company direct. Not a 3rd party...

CarFlexi.comcar from perth airport

CarFlexi e-voucher # CFC6928
                Was adviced when I went to pick up the car at Perth Airport (enterprise rent a car), they had no cars at all available and would not have any for the period requested.
                The paperwork i received adviced that my booking was completed The car rental provider confirmation number was 1313854122count.
                A car had been booked for the period 25 December to December 29th

I had to use taxis !!! I therefore request a full refund of my deposit

• CarFlexi's response · Jan 10, 2020

Dear Jill Nash Hansen,

We hope this message finds you well.

We would like to inform you that we got today an email by ENTERPRISE mentioning that due to the high demand period they could not honor this booking as the car was unexpectedly not available.

Your down payment placed online for this reservation is already refunded by us of course for this case.

Kindly accept the apologies of ENTERPRISE for this failure.

Dec 27, 2019

Carflexi — car rented

On the 21 of December 2019, I tried to hire a car with car flexi online using car flexi, so when I went to...

Carflexireimbursement of excess charges

I hired a car through carflexi on 27th October and it include 'Excess Protection'. This was important to me as I did not ever want to be in a position where I had to pay an insurance excess charge in the event of any claim against me.

A charge was raised against me for damage I was unaware of and I raised a this with CarFlexi (Booking CF294412). I have now had to pay my credit card with the excess charge of 1000 euros, which I am very unhappy and distressed about. No one from CarFlexi has given me an update, despite me emailing many times and my money has not been refunded per the excess protection I had. This was the basis on why I hired the car through CarFlexi.

I am very unhappy about this.

Mr Derek Underwood

• CarFlexi's response · Nov 25, 2019

Dear Mr Derek Underwood,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

We would like to inform you that we never refused to refund the damage expenses.

Our latest email was stated that we check the damage details with Alamo and will update you the soonest possible for this case.

• CarFlexi's response · Dec 13, 2019

Dear Mr Derek Underwood,

We hope this message finds you well.

As we were notified by our Claims Department, this case is closed now as you were refunded for the damage expenses by the local car rental company directly in this case.

Nov 14, 2019

Carflexi — refund

My mom booked to rent a car but when she went to the airport she couldn't get the car because they said her...

Carflexicar flexi not reliable

Run away from carflexi

I rented a car in the airport in Bordeux (goldcar/interrent). When I went to the counter, I was told that there was an informatic crash and for that reason, they could not deliver any car.

I've waited there for 45 minutes... I was with 2 toddlers who were in need of eating and sleep.

There were lots of people there waiting... and a few looking for options.

I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining.

I had to rent a car at Europcar, much more expensive.

I ask carflexi a refund of the difference... they told me that Interrent told me "wait 15 minutes".

They didn't tell me that. In fact, they told me to look for an alternative and to complain.

I really hope companies like this don't last much time... they should close doors quickly.

When you try to pay peanuts... you get monkeys!

• CarFlexi's response · Nov 08, 2019

Dear Tomás Champalimaud,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

Could you please inform us about your voucher number to investigate this case?

Thank you in advance.

Carflexirefund

voucher number CF91E477 confirmation number PR19115375
                      We booked in September via your website. The car was not available, we were asked to order an alternative via centauro which we did and that carflexi would provide a refund. We returned on 30 September and since then we have sent numerous emails, invoice and credit card statement. Five weeks later we have still not received the refund.

Please attend to this without delay. If you need further information please ask.

James Archer and Janice Brett

• CarFlexi's response · Jan 06, 2020

Dear Jaice,

Thank you for your review and for giving us the opportunity to respond to you.

As we were updated by Opo Rentals, they have covered the rate difference in this case, when they failed to provide the car that they had confirmed to you.

We regret to see that this took so long to be resolved and our customer service team was trying all this time to close this case in your favor.