Ford Motor Companyalternator

I own a 2017 Expolorer Limited so far pretty happy with it. Little under powered.
I worked for ford as a mechanic for many years and always thought you did get more for your money with a ford I also have ford trucks. Was thinking about buying the new 2020 Explorer but i have changed my mind. Yesterday I had to replace the alternator on the 2017 explorer with 52, 000 miles $875.00 I find it really had to believe that Ford doesn't have the know how to make an alternator last longer than 52, 000 miles.
I have friends who own Toyota Highlanders who have put over 300, 000 on them and never put an alternator in one. The Valient was the first to use an alternator in American cars the 70's and 80's I can understand 52, 000 miles today there is no excuse.
This is really not about the money or inconvinence but the disappointment in Ford.
I thought you were better than that.
Regards
Rocco Umbro
Greenwich, Ct 06830

Si
Sep 10, 2019

Comments

• Km
      Sep 10, 2019

Not every alternator can be expected to last 300, 000 miles. They provide warranty and you can almost always get extended warranties. Complaining about breakdown is ridiculous and often the only people who complain are poor and stupid. I have had to dump $5, 000 over the past 3 years in my Ford Explorer Sport Trac with one part after another, and I don't have a problem with it. I expect it