Ford Motor Company — alternator
I own a 2017 Expolorer Limited so far pretty happy with it. Little under powered.
I worked for ford as a mechanic for many years and always thought you did get more for your money with a ford I also have ford trucks. Was thinking about buying the new 2020 Explorer but i have changed my mind. Yesterday I had to replace the alternator on the 2017 explorer with 52, 000 miles $875.00 I find it really had to believe that Ford doesn't have the know how to make an alternator last longer than 52, 000 miles.
I have friends who own Toyota Highlanders who have put over 300, 000 on them and never put an alternator in one. The Valient was the first to use an alternator in American cars the 70's and 80's I can understand 52, 000 miles today there is no excuse.
This is really not about the money or inconvinence but the disappointment in Ford.
I thought you were better than that.
Greenwich, Ct 06830
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - 2018 ford f-150
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Tod Judy ford - truck service
- Ford Motor Company - rear lift gate center lift gate assembly
- Ford Motor Company - door handle and window