Ford Motor Companyford escape 2017 repair issues - paint peeling

K

We are now into six months of trying to get Ford to fix our Escape. Case number 5 is open right now. In April paint started peeling on driver door Byerly Ford in Louisville, KY said it was from dirt in paint and passenger door had what they called a stamp in the door both noted as Ford Factory Defects. We have had two repairs at Byerly with the last repair leaving compound, buffing marks, dirt in paint and a crease down passenger door from where they tried to remove stamp. We opened a case from the first repair with Ford. We opened a case with the BBB after Ford will not do buyback or replacement. BBB tried to go for Lemon law but it had two repairs and two denials for repairs and 16 days at Ford Dealerships. They said it had not had enough repairs. This is a 32, 000 vehicle we bought with six miles now having 2990 miles over 800 miles are from taking to Ford Dealership for repairs and inspections. Ford CSM telling us Ford refuses Buyback or Replacement we have a New Escape that a Ford Dealership has damaged due to Factory Defects they tried to repair. Other Dealerships are refusing to try and repair saying Ford will not pay them to fix it. This has bumper to bumper warranty 3 years 36, 000. Yet Ford is doing NOTHING! 5 Cases opened and our Escape is worse now! We did not wreck this Escape! Byerly Ford contacted the BBB and said they were to have no contact with us that the Ford Lawyer told them not to talk to us. We are the CUSTOMER that they destroyed our Escape.

• Ka
    Kathy Raymond Apr 19, 2021

I to have 2017 paint chipping less than 30000 color blue it appears this is factory defect, many people have same problem. I have never heard of such problem. I had a Pontiac vibe 2003 still running not one paint chip.

Deb280 Apr 16, 2021

I also have a 2017 Ford Escape in blue as well, as i was cleaning my car today i noticed all my paint peeled off my driver side windshield and the passenger side is also peeling off as well. My car has 46000 miles i purchased my escape in January 2017 with 0 miles and i have been a long time ford customer as well this is my 4th ford and its very sad and upsetting to hear we are all having the same issue. I also bought the extended warranty for my escape so my warranty does not expire till 01/2023 i am going to email channel 2 news Ford needs to repair our cars its a manufacturing issue. Ford doesn’t have a problem taking our money but when a manufacturing issue comes up ford doesn’t want to take responsibility for there errors.

• Ad
    Adams, Margaret Apr 07, 2021

I'm also an owner of a 2017 Ford Escape, blue in color. They won't do anything for me either. I shared the link to this complaint site to Jeff Rossen of the Rossen Report to see if he can get any answers. Maybe if we start messaging him on Facebook he'll know something is wrong .

Almairma Apr 05, 2021

I have a 2017 ford blue escape and all around the windshield the paint is peeling off! I took the car to ford colision center and they gave me a phone number from FORD to start a case and they really don’t help, they wanted me to pay $1, 300 dlls to fix it! I am frustrated and upset! Don’t know what to do, I am a loyal ford customer, have bought 5 cars from them. I will start buying cars from TOYOTA. I hope a lawyer can start lawsuit.

Andrea Linquanti Apr 02, 2021

1) I have been to both local Ford dealerships multiple times for various issues (most of which “could not be recreated”) so were never fixed.
    2) I had software issues the dealerships could not help me with, I wound up doing a lot of research and fixing myself.
    3) my husband and I were left stranded in a dangerous corner on the highway when one of my tires blew, luckily we were able to get the car to the side of the road. We couldn’t change the tire, because the Lugnuts would not loosen. We called AAA, they could not loosen them either, nor could the fellow that came with his tow truck. They were so swollen that they could not be removed conventionally. We had to be towed to the next town, where we had to pay extra for new Lugnuts that can now be removed conventionally. Apparently this is a common Ford issue.
    4) and now the paint is peeling on a three-year old car, not cool!

I appreciate any help, because I am extremely frustrated and upset right now! This was a certified preowned car that came to me with many little issues that were not disclosed, and two Ford dealerships were not able to fix most of them. I don’t feel like I should be responsible for repainting this car after all of that!
    So thank you very much in advance for any assistance and support you can give me!

• Br
    Brody2020 Mar 11, 2021

We also have a 2017 escape, blue in color. Notice paint peeling/flaking around 45000 miles. No help from dealership or Ford. Around windshield was trouble spot.

• Bi
    Bill/Bonnie Mar 10, 2021

I just bought a 2017 Ford Escape last Saturday, March 6th, 2021. When I first looked at the car I didn`t notice any paint missing from the car. I told the car salesman that I would take it. After I gave them the check, they walked me out the door, behind the car to put the temp tag on, then got the key & left the dealership. I took a picture when I got home to send to my children. I notices tape around the window. Looking closer, I discovered it wasn`t tape. It was paint missing, on the drivers side, window. Still trying to get Ford to fix it. It only has 20, 210 miles. Sounds like this should be a manufacturing defect recall. The salesman said that he never seen the paint missing either. Bonnie Hite

• Li
    [email protected] Mar 14, 2021

@Bill/Bonnie I am having the same problem with my 2017 escape there are so many complaints about this I can't see how Ford doesn't recall them.i guess its not a safety issue there needs to be a class action suit started there was one for Ford trucks with the same problem. Lisa

Almairma Apr 05, 2021

@[email protected] I have the same problem with my ford escape 2017 blue the paint from all around the windshield is peeling off and they wanted me to pay 1, 300 dlls.! And they said ford will cover 1, 700 dlls. I am frustrated about my concern!!! I don’t want to pay any penny! Is a dealership manufacturing defect! I really don’t know what to do!

• Bi
    Bill Hale Feb 26, 2021

I too have a 2017 Escape se just ran past the 36, 000 and the whole passenger side area next to the front windshield flaked off...this is a trend that has reached so many. Maybe a news station or someone that does a reality show can get some answers. Seeing all these comments and complaints is ridiculous.

• Am
    Amandasan19 Nov 11, 2020

I also have a 2017 Ford Escape with 35000 miles, just passed my warranty and noticed pain chipping on the left side by the windshield. Filed a claim and Ford states they will not cover the cost of the paint chipping.

Deb Brey Oct 18, 2020

We have a 2017 Escape and just noticed the driver's side area between the windshield and door has paint that has peeled off. Of course we are way past warrenty. Plane to start a calling campaign tomorrow.

Almairma Apr 05, 2021

@Deb Brey I did the same, ford doesn’t want to help

• La
    Lawrence Wunderlich Oct 15, 2020

Just bought a new 2020 Escape. 3 days after taking it home I discovered that most of the paint on the surface is pitted like an orange peel. The finish on the lower part of the door panels is perfectly smooth. The rest of the car feels like drywall texture. I'm bringing it back.

• Ju
    June Holecek Sep 27, 2020

I have a 2017 Ford Escape with 18, 000 miles. Original warranty (36 months) ran out in April. SEptember 2020 noticed paint bubbling and peeling off around windshield. Ford will not fix. This is a manufacturing issue.

• Ca
    carol5685 Sep 25, 2020

I have a 2017 Escape with the paint peeling by the windshield. Dealer took pictures and sent to corporate, corporate says not their problem, suggested I pay to get it fixed and keep the receipt just in case. I am totally disappointed in Ford--I would like to take part in a class action suit

• Pa
    paul burkhart Aug 31, 2020

I just bought a used 2017 Ford Escape (33, 000 miles) from a dealer in Washington State. Two things have happened in the 2nd month of ownership. One of the skid plates on the bottom fell off and the paint around the front windshield has started to flake off. The dealer shrugged their shoulders about the skid plate and told me I must have been 4 wheeling (it happend on I-5) and now they wont call me back about the paint issue. This is my fourth Ford. I wont buy another one but I think a smart lawyer might start a class action lawsuit about this.

• Sm
    smw579 Jul 25, 2020

When I took mine in, Joel (service technician in Tallahassee, FL) was very polite and said he saw it in others that were outside of warranty and that I should not have a problem. He took pictures and said that he had to get approval from corporate and would then call me with the body shop information to take it to. It then took 2 weeks reach him and he was very rude and disparaging.

Not Happy in Louisiana Jul 25, 2020

I too have a 2017 Ford Escape and the paint started chipping off around the windshield on drivers side. I was told by a dealer it is defective paint, they have seen alot of people come in with the same problem. I am totally disgusted with Ford. I have called everyone I can think of. They love taking your money but they sure don't stand behind their product. I have only owned Fords but this will be my last. I'm getting ready to dump it for good if Ford doesn't do the right thing and stand behind their product.

• We
    Wesley Cartwright Jul 01, 2020

I have a 2017 Ford Escape with 32K miles - 2K past the 30K warranty!! Go Figure! The paint is flaking off and peeling around the edge of the windshield on the windshield/door post! It appears to be a plastic insert under the paint so I am certain the plastic was not properly treated to allow the paint to adhere to it. I am so tired of fighting everyday to just get what I paid for. Is anyone else seeing this??

Debi Pannell Jul 03, 2020

@Wesley Cartwright We also have a 2017 Escape and just noticed yesterday the paint had bubbled and flaked off around the windshield, driver's side. We bought the extended warranty but that does not cover paint. This should be a recall issue.

• Sm
    smw579 Jul 07, 2020

@Wesley Cartwright I have a 2017 Ford Escape is only 26K miles (still under warranty) with paint peeling off next to windshield on drivers side. Ford dealership service department declared that its not covered.

• Ba
    Barbara Poole Aug 04, 2020

@Wesley Cartwright Yes I am. Purchased a 2017 Titanium in 2108..it had been a dealer car. It had 18, 000 miles on it and was pre-certified. Last weekend while rinsing the car off the paint started peeling off the car exactly where yours is peeling. The other side is cracking and ready to peel. After doing some online research I found this is an ongoing problem. Took the car to the dealership where I purchased it and they contacted Ford. Received a call today from the dealership that Ford would not do anything to fix the car. It has less than 29, 000 miles on it. Also have been seeing where these 3rd generation Escapes are having serious motor issues.

• Co
    Courtney Hanson Nov 06, 2020

@smw579 Same! I have. 2017 Ford Escape 52000 miles and paint has completely come off the driver side windshield. Fox will not cover it!