Ford Motor Companyford escape 2017 repair issues - paint peeling

K

We are now into six months of trying to get Ford to fix our Escape. Case number 5 is open right now. In April paint started peeling on driver door Byerly Ford in Louisville, KY said it was from dirt in paint and passenger door had what they called a stamp in the door both noted as Ford Factory Defects. We have had two repairs at Byerly with the last repair leaving compound, buffing marks, dirt in paint and a crease down passenger door from where they tried to remove stamp. We opened a case from the first repair with Ford. We opened a case with the BBB after Ford will not do buyback or replacement. BBB tried to go for Lemon law but it had two repairs and two denials for repairs and 16 days at Ford Dealerships. They said it had not had enough repairs. This is a 32, 000 vehicle we bought with six miles now having 2990 miles over 800 miles are from taking to Ford Dealership for repairs and inspections. Ford CSM telling us Ford refuses Buyback or Replacement we have a New Escape that a Ford Dealership has damaged due to Factory Defects they tried to repair. Other Dealerships are refusing to try and repair saying Ford will not pay them to fix it. This has bumper to bumper warranty 3 years 36, 000. Yet Ford is doing NOTHING! 5 Cases opened and our Escape is worse now! We did not wreck this Escape! Byerly Ford contacted the BBB and said they were to have no contact with us that the Ford Lawyer told them not to talk to us. We are the CUSTOMER that they destroyed our Escape.

• We
    Wesley Cartwright Jul 01, 2020

I have a 2017 Ford Escape with 32K miles - 2K past the 30K warranty!! Go Figure! The paint is flaking off and peeling around the edge of the windshield on the windshield/door post! It appears to be a plastic insert under the paint so I am certain the plastic was not properly treated to allow the paint to adhere to it. I am so tired of fighting everyday to just get what I paid for. Is anyone else seeing this??

• De
    Debi Pannell Jul 03, 2020

@Wesley Cartwright We also have a 2017 Escape and just noticed yesterday the paint had bubbled and flaked off around the windshield, driver's side. We bought the extended warranty but that does not cover paint. This should be a recall issue.

• Sm
    smw579 Jul 07, 2020

@Wesley Cartwright I have a 2017 Ford Escape is only 26K miles (still under warranty) with paint peeling off next to windshield on drivers side. Ford dealership service department declared that its not covered.

• Ba
    Barbara Poole Aug 04, 2020

@Wesley Cartwright Yes I am. Purchased a 2017 Titanium in 2108..it had been a dealer car. It had 18, 000 miles on it and was pre-certified. Last weekend while rinsing the car off the paint started peeling off the car exactly where yours is peeling. The other side is cracking and ready to peel. After doing some online research I found this is an ongoing problem. Took the car to the dealership where I purchased it and they contacted Ford. Received a call today from the dealership that Ford would not do anything to fix the car. It has less than 29, 000 miles on it. Also have been seeing where these 3rd generation Escapes are having serious motor issues.

Not Happy in Louisiana Jul 25, 2020

I too have a 2017 Ford Escape and the paint started chipping off around the windshield on drivers side. I was told by a dealer it is defective paint, they have seen alot of people come in with the same problem. I am totally disgusted with Ford. I have called everyone I can think of. They love taking your money but they sure don't stand behind their product. I have only owned Fords but this will be my last. I'm getting ready to dump it for good if Ford doesn't do the right thing and stand behind their product.

• Sm
    smw579 Jul 25, 2020

When I took mine in, Joel (service technician in Tallahassee, FL) was very polite and said he saw it in others that were outside of warranty and that I should not have a problem. He took pictures and said that he had to get approval from corporate and would then call me with the body shop information to take it to. It then took 2 weeks reach him and he was very rude and disparaging.