Having problems with Ford?

1800 771 199 (Ireland)
133 673 (Australia)
8800 500 4201 (Russia)
1800 107 363 673 (Philippines)
1800 588 888 (Vietnam)
1800 112 3673 (Mexico)
+1 800 392 3673 (United States)
+44 203 564 4444 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 367 369 (New Zealand)
+32 24 822 000 (Belgium)
+45 43 582 000 (Denmark)
+31 707 703 777 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 556 (Portugal)
+41 445 111 445 (Switzerland)
+65 63 762 233 (Singapore)
+27 860 011 022 (South Africa)
+82 16 006 003 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 3673 (Argentina)
P.O. Box 6248

Postboks 514, 1410 Kolbotn

Russia
ul. Moskovskaya, 18, a/ya 64, g. Khimki, Moscow region, 141402

Spain
Aptdo. de Correos № 3, 46700 Gandía (Valencia)

Sweden

South Africa
PO BOX 411, Pretoria 0001

Complaints & Reviews

2009 Ford F-250 Super Dutytransmission issues

We purchased a brand new 2009 Ford F-250 Super Duty from Gordie Boucher in February of this year. While the sales process what very pleasant, we had less than 1000 miles on the truck when someone on the freeway motioned to us that there was smoke coming from our vehicle. After pulling over we discovered that there was transmission fluid pouring out of the truck. When we say pouring we mean at least a gallon. Upon calling and taking it into the dealer they said that it must have been overfilled at the factory. By a gallon? How is that even possible? We were adamant about them replacing the transmission with a brand new one, not a used on because there is no way there was not going to be a problem with it. They kept the vehicle for a few days and said that everything should be fine and that they were not going to replace the transmission. This was a brand new truck with only 1000 miles on it. Since then we have experienced intermittent issues such as pulling a small boat and the vehicle not wanting to move, etc. This is completely unacceptable to us. When calling the dealership they suggested bringing the vehicle back in with something in tow and they will look at it. Once again WE are inconvenienced by this problem and they did not even offer us a loaner vehicle.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what we might be able to do. We are at the point that if they do not put a new transmission in the truck we no longer want the vehicle as this is going to be an ongoing issue.

Ford Escape 2004lied about necessary repairs

Not long ago I switched from Autofair Ford to Grappone Ford because I had many issues with Autofair.

The second time I took my Escape to Grappone was to have my inspection, 85, 000 mile check up, and oil change done.

When I was dropping it off I asked Seth (service) if checking the brake fluid was part of the multi-point inspection and he told me yes. I told him they must not have checked it when I brought it in the first time since my brake light came on the next day and it took a full bottle to top it off. He argued with me about how the light would have been on and how would I know about such things. I told him again the light did come one which is how I knew I was low and told him again that it took a full bottle to top off the fluid.

I left the SUV there so they could take care of everything. Seth called me a couple of hours later to tell me that my SUV needed front brake pads and rotors before it would pass inspection. Seth said he stood there and watched them put a screw driver under the pads and they were all cracked and peeling. He said they were so bad they were about to fly off my vehicle and I would end up in an accident because I would have no brakes. I told him that was impossible since I replaced my front brake pads and rotors in November of 2008 (a little over a year ago).

Seth told me Autofair must have lied to me and never changed them, but I knew they did because I was there when they did it and saw both the old and new pads/rotors. He said it would cost $550+ to change them so it would pass inspection. I told him not to touch them that I would take care of it. Seth told me that if we took it somewhere else for repairs I would have to pay again to have it re-inspected by them.

On Saturday we purchased new rotors and brake pads, but when we removed the tires to change everything there was nothing at all wrong with them.

We called DOT to see what our options were and were told to take it somewhere else for inspection then give them all the paperwork.

Well, we took it to another garage and watched as they took the tires off and inspected the brakes/rotors. I had to spend another $40 to take it to the other garage, but my SUV passed without an issue.

I will now send the pictures of the brakes/rotors along with the paperwork from Grappone and the 2nd garage to DOT.

I may be a woman, but I am not stupid. I hate to think how many other people they have done this too and gotten away with it.

2000 Ford Expeditiondid not stand behind the warranty

They told me when I bought the car that they would fix the car or take the car back and give me my money back if anything went wrong within the first 30 days of owning the car. Well, within 2 weeks I noticed that the car had a burnt smell of coolant fluid. I took it back and they said that it was a gasket. They had their mechanic fix the problem. I then drove it for 2 more days, when I got it back the transmission was heavily leaking fluid. I took it back the next day and they said it was just a small leak and that was normal for a car with that many miles on it. The general manager then told me that I should have had it checked out by a mechanic before buying the car. She also said that they stand behind the drivetrain of the car by fixing it. I said, then when do you consider giving the customers their money back if the problems are too large and costly to fix? She said if the transmission or the engine fall out of the car, then they would give the money back. WHAT? I was obviously not told this when I bought the car. I left the car there and the $1000 I put down on the car was about to go bye bye. I said I wanted the money back and the general manager told me that we would just call it even. I pleaded with them my plight, but to now avail. The next day the sales lady called and said that she was going to give up her commission on the sale (which was $300), because she didn't feel right about the whole situation. I said that is great, but the problem is that I am still out $700. She talked to the GM and she offered to give me $1oo to make me happy. She said that she had to pay the mechanic a lot of money to fix the leaky gasket and didn't want to be out anymore money. I know I should have been more careful going to a buy here pay here lot, but the business had been there for many years. I wouldn't step one foot on there lot if you paid me. I hope that you won't either...signed Mad as hell!

Ford Creditnastyness/repo

My husband has been laid off work for the first time in 30 years. We had one and ahalf years to go to pay it off. we contacted for, we let them know what was going on.we even tried to refince to get our payments down to make it easier. but the said they said they couldnt do that because he wasnt working. IF HE WAS WORKING WE WOULDNT NEED TO REFINANCE. is what is sad is they have the Goverment to bail them out . We dont. All i have to say if they get in trouble and need another bail out I hope the goverment say SORRY THERES NOTHING WE CAN DO.

• Mc
            MCoy Mar 26, 2010

yeah let her know WE DID NOT TAKE THE BAILOUT.by the way the reason you didn't get the refinance.. if your not working it makes no sence because you have to have a source of income, that means if we refinance you still have to pay, in if your not on the contract it makes it worst for you

Ford Egyptford focus cassete

iam basem from egypt, i have big problem with the Maintenance Service in egypt, they dont want to exchange my cassete in my car ford focus 2009
          once aday i put a cd in my cassete and it not play on then in another day i saw ( no cd ) in my casste tape so i put another cd with the first one because i saw ( no cd ) in the tape then i went to the service center of ford it called ( Fikry Ford ) they didnt agree to exchange the cassete although iam still in the guarantee time, they said ( bad using )
          i want from u to respond me if u will call them or not .
          i will complain them in my country and i will hurt the reputation of Ford if they didnt exchange my cassete
          thanx for u
          sorry for my weak english
          bye

• Ta
              tarekmahmoud Jan 05, 2009

I have ford focus 2007
              I want to complain in the Ford Alexandria Egypt Branch because of the weakness of their professionalism as they do not know how to deal with a lot of defects
              And they have change some parts of the car to try to address one of the defects, but my car is still a defect

• Pa
              passant turk Sep 27, 2010

ford is a very good car they have to solve all problems becouse all peaple in egypt say be away and don't buy ford

• Sp
              spidy455 Nov 28, 2010

i have another problem with ford egypt. they sold me car insurance for my ford fiesta 2010 and then they withdrew their part in the agreement after i received me policy, leaving me to deal with the ins. company and refusing to give me my car until the problem is resolved... awful after sales service...and i'm sure they will be losing customers and reputation as well..

Ford Fiesta 2009bad customer service

Dear Sir/Madam

MAKE :Ford Fiesta
            MODEL (YEAR) :2009
            REGISTRATION NO. :YDS261GP
            ENGINE NO. (on license disc) :8T8471
            VIN NO. (on license disc) :WFOJXXGAJJ8T8471
            GEARBOX: MANUAL / AUTOMATIC :MANUAL

My name is Isabell Jones Contact no. [protected] E-mail - isabell.[protected]@vodamail.co.za Ford Fiesta 2009 YDS261GP 51000 km and not 55 000 as stated by Eastvaal Auto In Secunda Complaint about : Vehicle still not repaired. Date taken in: 09/02/2010 Date returned : 26/02/2010 Service Mananger: Jimmy Dealership Manager : Mr.Nokye Ref: no for complaint logged with Ford SA: [protected]

On 9th of Feb 2010 my vehicle had a breakdown. I was towed to Eastvaal Auto in Secunda. I was told by the service manager( Jimmy) that he would book my vehicle for Monday 15th Feb 2010. My partner called on Tuesday 10/02/2010, wednesday 11/02/2010 and thursday12/02/2010 and still nothing had been done.

On the 19th of Feb 2010 I went into the Dealership as my company had rented a vehicle for me and had given&me until the 19th to use the vehicle and were not prepared to pay another day. I was given a courtesy vehicle by Mr.Nokye on 19/02/2010 and on 22nd was called by my partner saying that thev dealership had called and said that the vehicle is ready. I was shocked as they had not called me in to get autherisation from Stanic prior to repair. I was aware that they would have a look then let me know what was wrong then advise me or let me know if it was covered under warranty. Furthermore they did not get autherisation from Ford.

I paid R4553.67 and when I started the vehicle it was worse than when I had left it there but Jimmy had told me that he had test driven the vehicle and it was all in order.

I left the vehicle with them and was called back the Thursday 25 Feb 2010 at 10H00 by the dealership. They wanted their courtesy vehicle back and they had not fixed the problem which they now say is the gear box. They further stated that they will not cover that under warranty as it is sequential damage.

I was not told all these things when they took my money. I was told that my vehicle is as goood as new.

I have called Ford SA and they are not helpful in anyway. Mr.Nokye called Jimmy and he just said sorry he made a mistake. I have done reseach on the internet and dicovered that there are lots of dissatiffied customers. They say that Fors SA ha a non existant customer service. They have a non existant warranty on the new ford fiesta as everything is covered under factory fault and notwear and tear.

please help as I am broke as my company wont pay and neither will ford and my vehicle is still not fixed.

I do believe that I have tried by best to resolve this in a descent fashion bit I am now counting on you and your organisation to assist me.
            Many thanks
            Isabell Jones
            +[protected]
            isabell.[protected]@vodamail.co.za

FORD FOCUS 2L TDCIesp

I have driven 4 fords and never had so much KAK in my life with this one.
              From the end of November I took my car to Galactic auto Polokwane until now(02/03/2010) for no less than 35 times and each time it comes back with the same problem. I really am beginning to think that this is a Factory problem as they have replaced a number of things on the car and cant get the problem sorted. Where to now?
              I have spoken to the principal dealer at Galagtic and to the owner but the problem is still there.

Ford Mustang 4.6L V-8defective intake manifold

I have a 4.6 L V-8 in my Mustang GT. The intake manifold cracked causing it to overheat and almost 1300.00 to repair. Ford had a class action judgement regarding this part - however the Ford rep said i had to reoprt the problem almost 3 years ag0. This problem was not well well known - so how could i fix it before it breaks? I understand the time line may not be what Ford wants - but there is a right thing to do. I am not asking for a full rebate, but i would like to have some of my costs returned. Way to go Ford - you are just like all the others - I wa a loyal customer, but since you behave the same as the others - I guess there is no need of my loyality, sice it is clearly a one way street for you. GOOD BYE FORD - I will be sure to tell all my friends and associates

Ford Edge — fraud

Traded in an old 2007 Ford Edge for a new 2010 model, thought I was offered a great deal. month went by...

Ford Motor Companyunfair business practices

I had been a loyal Ford Customer for years, purchasing several vehicles from Ford. My latest, a 2007 Ford F150 Truck. In July 2008 I lost my job and was unable to continue with regular payments. During that time Ford requested help from Our USA Government and received money to help continue its business. Ford repossessed my vehicle but did not offer to help me at all.Ford has offered to help NEW CUSTOMERS WHO LOSE THEIR JOBS WHILE AT THE SAME TIME CONTINUES TO PURSUE ME FOR THE BALANCE OF THE LEASE. HOW FAIR IS THAT? WHAT IS THE PRICE OF LOYALTY? SHOULD I STILL PURCHASE FROM FORD? TELL ME IF THAT SOUNDS GOOD. FORD SHOULD OFFER AMNESTY TO LONG TIME FORD CUSTOMERS.

• Ap
                      a.piccioni Sep 15, 2010

you have to understand ford motor company dont care, they are greedy, loyalty means nothing, im making payments on a ranger that i cant drive because to cut cost they use a small plastic part on the fuel line.we all know it should be brass or ss steel, so how did they save, they raise prices thousands of dollars every year, and my truck is a danger not just to me but to everyone on the road.ford dont care.

Ford Motor Company / Ford Creditvery disatisfied customer

I purchased a 2006 ford fusion september of 2006, the car was great for 4 months and then the wiring harness went bad and had to be replaced, then with 51, 000 miles on the car the transmission went bad, the local dealer replaced that under warrenty, they had the car for almost 3 months doing that. I recently had to give the car back and i gave it back on volentary reposession. I couldnt afford the payment and the repairs on the vehicle. its the worst car ive ever had and ford credit is the worst company ive ever delt with. I was talked to very rudly and disrespected by qutie a few of the representatives through ford credit. And then to top it all off, i recieved a notice in the mail telling me where the car would be auctioned off and i would have to owe 200 dollars for them coming to get the car for reposession. I was never informed of this and im very unhappy and angry that i gave the car up to them and now things are being thrown in for them wanting more money. i know i am not completely right since i couldnt continue paying for it but at the same time i will not pay for something that i was not informed about and i had asked about when i let them take it. the car is the worst car ive ever owned, nothing but problems with wiring, electrical and mecanical problems. I will never buy another ford vehicle after all of this. thats all ive ever driven, i will now be going to honda or toyota and give a great company my business. Again im displeased and very angry with the way this company has handeled things in the past 3 years, I hope this email will shed light on how angry i am for having to go through this, ive been through enough with them and now im going to be charged after i was compliant and im fully disgusted and seeking possible legal action for all of this heartache.

Ford Creditbusiness practices

I am a single mother having a hard time keeping up with my payments. I know I cut it close each month but I make sure I get the payment posted before it falls 30 days past due to try and help my credit. I made a payment on a Saturday; I first went online and it stated it may take up to 2 business days for the payment to post to the account so I looked at the phone payment options which stated the payment would post the next business day for a fee. I did this at once over the phone. Imagine my surprise when the payment did not post until Tuesday, even when on the phone I was told it would post on Monday. This made me just miss the deadline and I believe was done of purpose. These people will not work with you. If I ever get rid of this car I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND WILL GO TO EVERY SITE POSSIBLE TO SPREAD THE WORD they are rude and tell you its your fault anyway for waiting till the last minute. This money, I might add, cleared my account a FULL DAY before they posted it as a payment and so did the fee I paid to make sure it posted the next business day!!! They are horrible and dishonest and will never admit to a mistake

Ford Credit — reposessed vehicle

I was 60 days past due on my Mustang and I had another payment coming up, which would make it 90 days past...

Ford Motor Company — terrible experience

As a US postal worker, I believed in the idea of "Buy American." Then I bought a Ford Focus. In under two...

Ford/ bantambad product

I have bought a Bantam bakkie March 2009. I have recently taken it in for its 30000km service and that is where I was put of Ford full stop.

They had to replace the front disc's, the thing that regulates the pressure of the brakefluid to all the brakes, the gasket on the exchaust manufault. Then there is more but is waiting for it to come because the parts is on backlog. They still have to change the back drumbrakes and the drive shaft from the engine to the right front wheel.

I know certain things needs to be replaced but not all of the above, where do you buy a vichile these days that will last and not on every service have to fix so many problems?

Ford Creditnasty representative

Threatening to reposses vehicle with less than 60 days past due. Service rep Renee ext. 33189 was extremely unprofessional, sarcastic, and deceptive. She would ask for my intentions then when I stated them, she said that they were not satisfactory. After going around and around for a few minutes, I finally was able to extract a payment schedule/ aggreement that was satisfactory to Ford Credit.

One would think that with the Government bailouts the banks and Auto companies are receiving in this terrible economy, that a little more reasoning and backing would trickle down to the consumer that has no help. What's even more frustrating, is that I do not even own a Ford vehicle!

• Gf
                              gfyu fy fyf yfgyfcg Jul 09, 2010

stop looking for and making excuses. You are an adult. Pay your bills. Any bank would have repoed after 30 days,

Ford Philippines - Global Ford The Fort, Taguig City2009 ford focus hatchback ztw 476 plate ocean blue

I bought a 2009 Ford Focus 2.0L Hatchback Ocean Blue last February 2009. After 2 months we had an accident where in the car tire rod was detached. My brother was driving and he said he heard something that snapped then the wheel started to wiggle and stopped to see that the tire rod was detached. Complaint about it and Ford Philippines said that it is my brothers fault and they think that the car bumped on to something first before it happened.

We accepted their findings and asked them to fix the car through insurance. After a few months we are hearing something on the car everytime we make a full turn thought it was normal then after a few months the I hear a noise from my front left tire brought to Global Ford dealership. I left the car there for 2 weeks and they said they changed something then when i took the car i can still hear the noise i was complaining about. One of there employee said that it is the wheel bearing. The car is not even a year old and I already have a worn out wheel bearing? Ok so i asked them to fixed it just to get and over this trouble and paid Php 24, 982.00 for the 2 wheel bearing and labor. I drove the car around and only to find out that NOTHING CHANGED... i can still hear the noise i was complaining about and the ABS light flashed which first time happened.

I am very disappointed now to the point that I want to sell the car and I don't know what to do anymore. The dealership of Ford Philippines does not want to take responsibility to whatever is happening to my brand new car. I would like you to see the final report from them but i cant attached is because it is too large. Please advise me on what to do and to whom should i ask help so that they can really look into this issue. I already wrote a letter to the person responsible for Ford Global Dealership but i am not satisfied with his actions. Maybe he is too busy to deal with this kind of problem where in my satisfaction and safety is at stake.

I hope you could help me with this.

Respectfully yours,

RESOLVED

Ford fixed the issue which resolved the case. Went to DTI and filed a complaint and they resolved the issue.

josefin Jul 29, 2010

i think you can try writing the distributor or the plant they must know what to do since, they were the one responsible of the manufacturing installation of all vehicle parts etc.. or maybe call is better so you will hear the response right away.

Goodluck!

• Al
                                Alan Baylon May 22, 2011

I'm so sad to hear that Jacqueline. One thing is that your vehicle is still on Dealers Warranty for at least 3 years. 25 thousand is not your cargo and that may be refunded.

I owned 2009 focus and still i have under warranty on my dealer. My email: a.[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ki
                                Kim J.T Feb 23, 2012

My car Ford Focus 2.0 Tdli model has been stop the engine since 3 weeks ago. But I used car that days short time to parking at the streets and suddenly engine was stopped. And Ford engineer said Fuel injection system had diffective...
                                I said this is not my fault but Ford branch said it can't fix under warranty. What a amazing Ford and unfortunately the parts price is 100k pesos...
                                Hello all people what do you think about this situations?
                                How can I do now?

Ford Focuswarranty/tires

I have owned my Ford Focus for approximately 8 months. On 1-13-10 my left reat tire failed on the freeway. I drove to the nearest exit and put air in the tire and drove home. The next day I took the car to the dealer and was told that the tire had to be replaced. The service advisor blamed me for driving on a flat tire and ruining the tire. He advised me that the tire was not covered under the warranty even though the car only had 13, 000 miles on it. It was my understanding that the warranty on my vehicle was "bumper to bumper" and I don't understand why this is not covered.

• Gi
                                  Gilder217 Jan 14, 2010

Bumper to Bumper warranties in general do not cover "wear items" like tires, belts, brake pads and wiper blades. You sometimes get a "tire warranty" that covers tread wear, but it doesn't cover driving on a flat tire.

• pendleton May 13, 2011

yes so waht you donig todayy we can hggout todayy if you want to
                                  okayy hit me back...]

Sadcustomer65 Dec 06, 2011

I have the same complaint with Ford, I'm getting ready for my 3rd set of tires at 38, 000 miles

Ford Motor Co.blowout of spark plug

I own a 1999 f 250 super duty truck with v10. I had a spark plug blowout on me yesterday. It seems to me this happens alot. Looks like ford should fix this problem. I own 3 fords. I think ill change to chevy. Spark plug blowout shouldnt be a matience problem.
                                Dont by a triton

• Si
                                    single mother of 5 Feb 12, 2011

im am so fead up with this i have replaced about 7 or more spark plugs on my 2001 ford expedition every 2 to 4 months they just seem to Blow out every time ... i need help to get ford to do something about it because enough is enough im a single mother with 5 kids and the 2001 ford expedition is my only transportation ... i just need help to get something solved about these sparkplug Blowouts...

Ford Credit — transfer of equity

We were forced to close our business which prompted us to try to get the truck into our personal names. We...