Fifth Third Bank / 53.com Logo

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com

Having problems with Fifth Third Bank / 53.com?

+1 866 671 5353 (Customer Service)
+1 513 579 5353 (International)
+1 800 972 3030 (Personal)
+1 877 534 2264 (Business)
+1 866 475 0729 (Commercial)
+1 800 782 0279 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 866 351 5353 (Home Loan Or Refinance)
+1 866 531 4249 (Open A New Account)
38 Fountain Square Plaza

Cincinnati, OH 45263

For All Other Accounts
Fifth Third Bank, 5050 Kingsley Dr., MD № 1MOCOP, Cincinnati, OH 45263

Complaints & Reviews

Fifth Third Banksteals money with their overdraft!

Even though I deposited $250 at 7:30 in the morning - this bank decided not to actually deposit the money until that evening, and also decided to put through any charges for that day and then charge me overdraft charges for them, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THE FUNDS IN THEIR BUILDING AT 7:30 A.M. I have contacted them and told them to close my account IMMEDIATELY as they charged me $124 in overdraft charges for ONE DAY. They are a scam and a rip off! I can't afford to work to pay them to sit on their ###! If they do not close my account immediately I will be seeking an attorney to sue them. WORSE BANK IN THE WORLD!

charles jones Aug 23, 2008

Please let me know if you found an attorney. I have a similar compaint against 53 and how they handle their overdrafts. I was charged 269.00 in over draft fees because of the way they pay their charges I was charged for 7 overdrafts when I should have only been charged for one. Because they pay the largest amounts first then the smallest amounts last. Which can cause you to get charge more in over draft fees. They say they do this to help their customer but they do this because 9/10 times this will benefit them in fees. Again I would have only had to pay one over draft fee instead of 7 if they would have processed the payments in the order they came in.

Countrywide Home Loans 15/30 Loandeceptive business practices

I refinanced my home and took out a 2nd mortgage of $21,100 in May of 2007 to pay to have a new well dug and a mold problem fixed. I thought I was getting just a 15 year loan on the 2nd mortgage, but found out yesterday during a solicitation call from Countrywide that a 15/30 loan, which is what I was told I have, means that at the end of the 15 years I will owe a balloon payment of about $17,000! When I went back and looked very closely at the monumental stack of paperwork I had been presented with and rushed through signing, I saw that this is exactly what the case was. This was never explained to me by my loan officer. I would never have agreed to a balloon payment loan. I don't believe in them. I think they're just putting off the inevitable and are for people who just live for today without thinking down the road about the future. I am so disgusted. I was told my only option was to pay more toward principal each month to pay it down quicker. READ YOUR AMMORTIZATION SCHEDULES VERY CLOSELY. LOOK AT THE LAST PRINCIPAL FIGURE!!!!!!!!!

Fifth Third Bank — terrible customer service!

As an excellent Fifth Third customer, with no late payments, excellent credit history and score, I'm now...

Fifth Third Bank — Failed to cancel credit card and accumulated fees!

Created Credit Card Error then Failed to robustly close/cancel credit card - then abuse starts In Oct-2007...

South Haven

Fifth Third Bank — bogus fees added to mortgage payoff!

As a REALTOR, I was asked to help a client work out a short sale on her home, after she lost her job. The...

Fifth Third Bank — stealing money through overdraft fees!

I have a Fifth Third Student Checking account with them, and once I went only $7.70 over my current balance...

Fifth Third Bank / Mortage Department — poor customer service!

We have been customers for at least 10 years and have not missed a payment or deadline. I called on November...

Fifth Third Bank — lost funds, stollen money

Fifth third can't even handle basic math. They made a mistake with a deposit (put it in someone...

Fifth Third Bankcar payment.. being screwed over

I have never made late payment on my acct.. last month I tried to refinance and made an appointment to meet at a branch at 11 am on a Saturday. I was told not to send my payment because we were refinancing. I had to drive an hour away to go to the appt and when I got there I was turned away because they "didn't have time" to help me before they closed at 12. I tried to contact the woman I had been dealing with over the phone and none of my calls were returned. I ended up mailing my payment late because I couldn't resolve anything. In my car payment book it shows that my payment is counted late if it's received on or after the 14th and I have about a $8 late fee. I got a letter on Oct. 17th that was dated for the 12th saying that my payment was late and that I owed them $16 in late charges (my actual payment cleared my bank on the 14th.) I sent a letter this month with a check that included the $8 - not the $16 and told them the reason my payment was late was their own fault. I sent this month's payment on the 2nd... and now here it is the 13th and in one day my payment will be late again.. I've never had a payment take this long to clear. The payment center is only one state away and every month it's taken 2-3 days for my check to clear after sending it. So, why hasn't it cleared after 11 days now? I have a feeling they're holding my payment to make it late again this month because I tried to stand up for myself by sending them a letter that wasn't even nasty... Talk about great customer service.

• Im
          Ima Banker Nov 17, 2007

All fees due to bank error can be reversed with proof. It is company policy. No bank delays a payment as retaliation.That is absurd.
          As with many larger companies, payments can be delayed due to MAIL time.

Many clients have chosen to automate their payments to avoid this. Nothing is fool proof in this day and age. Technology isn't perfect, nor are humans - at ANY company. This can easily be resolved.
          Advise to all... make your loan payments on time. No matter what you are told. The best person to protect you - is YOU.

• Th
          Thomas Stoll Dec 22, 2007

Never ever bank with Fee Third Bank and Fraud company! If you have a mortgage or car loan, Refinance with another lender. If you have an account close it. If someone tries to pay you with a Fifth Third check don't accept it. "This can easily be resolved.".. yeah, right. if you believe this I have some Enron stock I can sell you cheap. I would rather get a loan from Al Capone. They will Fee Fee Fee you until they take every penny they can and then charge 2/3rd's more in fees! They have an awful reputation in Cincinnati.

Fifth Third Bankfees charged

I am a small business owner and an employee accidentally charged a customer $2702.70 instead of $2.70. The customer contacted the number on their card right after the transaction occurred and was told it would be taken care of. As the merchant I was unaware of the charge until after we had settled out that evening and contacted my bank rep. the next day and was told to doa refund so at 2:00 a.m. I was trying to do a refund and did not have all of the numbers on the card to complete it. I called the customer the next day and offered to give them a check to deposit in their account so they would not be over drawn. The customer declined based on the banks advice to file a dispute and told me the bank would be sending me the form to sign and return. I checked our mail each day and never received the form. I told the customer this on Sunday evening (1 week after transaction occurred) Monday I was contacted by the customers wife and called their bank to talk to Teresa. She tells me they let them use their card in the mean time and have racked up over $1200 in overdraft and nsf fees and are expecting me to pay for the fees and that she has gone above her duty and regional will not let them remove the fees. I ask to talk to someone from regional and she tells me they won't talk to me and the person I need is out of the office on this day. By now I am furious and feel like someone from 5/3 is trying to scam me out of money I do not have. I went and did a refund for the full amount and gave the customer a copy. The next day thew customer contacts me and says their basnk wants me to give her cash because the credit didn't go through. I told her I can't because I've already done the refund and I contact my bank rep that tells me her bank (5/3) has to go in get the money and deposit it in to her account. The last thing I heard 2 days ago was Teresa was unaware of this and thought it wouls go in automatically and she would have to check on it.

• Bj
            b.j. Dec 29, 2007

I deposited a check of 200 dollars (in cash) at a 5/3 branch and was told that it would immediately be counted as "Availably Balance". We we where already cutting it close on our balance, but the$200 dollars would leave us breathing room. I then went to the gas station, got gas then went home and checked my Internet banking. The $200 deposit had posted along with the $39.00 in gas. I had receipts with the times of the deposit and gas purchase. Two days later, I'm charged $33.00 for the overdraft of the gas purchase because fifth third posted the gas purchase before the cash deposit. I called customer service explaining that I had proof of the time on the receipt only to hear that deposits go through at the end of the day. Do Not Bank With Fifth Third!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ro
            Rodney Feb 27, 2008

I can't stand 53rd..I had my money in my acoount to cover my check...I went in and deposited another chesck..A few days latter I was called about an overdraft...They told me that it takes 24 hours for my check to post...I never heard of it..I had over 1000.00 in my acount and deposited 200.00 with a check...My checks to clear were a total of 1120.00.They said you are only available 100.00 at that momement and it takes 24hours for the other to clear.They said there policy changed last year...They said if you deposit a payrol check of 500.00...you are only allowed to use your card for 100.00 and if you go over you will be charged overpayment fee..I hate 53rd..

• Mo
            momof6 Apr 22, 2009

I had given my attorney a check for 300.00 on a friday, monday I looked at my account online, all of my transactions had cleared and I was 61.00 short to cover the 300.00 check I had written. On tuesday, 5/3rd reverses all of my previous transactions that had cleared and post the 300.00 check then charges me overdraft fees of 296.00. When I called to complain the girl tells me that it is their right to process transactions the way they want and I signed the agreement when I opened my account. I'm closing my account today, and if they ever read this then, I HOPE YOUR BANK FAILS!!! Mr. President, DO NOT BAIL THEM OUT!!! LET THEM FAIL!!! THEY DESERVE IT!!!

• Pu
            putter Apr 19, 2010

Yes fifth Third does all the above and more!!
            And the sad thing is all the banks do!!
            Chase is the worst!!!
            They claim they dont make a profit yet charge you high
            interest loans but pay 1% on savings accounts??
            They are a legal scam!!!

• Pu
            putter Apr 19, 2010

Also I might add this:
            When I married my hubby and tried to add him to my checking account
            they told us he had to have a credit card or they could not add him.
            I went on the other side of town to a 53rd there and they said they had
            never heard of such practices to add someone to a checking account.
            I hate banks and when will the pres start looking out for the hard working middle class??
            These banks are disgusting and predatory and have helped to destroy the middle class.
            Now we just wait till my husbands direct deposit goes thru and then withdraw
            all our money and use cash all week.We avoid using our debit card like the plague!!
            I am considering going back to paper checks and just pay $3 to cash it at the walmart next
            door to 53rd.Its far cheaper then the thousands of dollars they have ripped me since I opened my account in 1993.And if you think they are bad, Huntington and Chase are worse!! Its one big nightmare till they change some laws to protect us consumers!!

Fifth Third Bank — harassing calls!

I have never ever dealt with a company that their collection agency was based in the PHILLIPIANS!!! In...

Fifth Third Bank — worst bank ever!

This bank is the worst bank ever. They go out of their way to find opportunities to charge overdraft fees. ...

Fifth Third Bankcustomer service is harassing me!!!

I am being harassed by Fifth Third bank. They are calling 5-6 times a day and my truck payment isn't even late!! I received a called yesterday on Labor Day and spoke to a non english speaking witch. I tried to ask a question about why I am being called so much and late into the night (8:00-9:00pm). She immediately interrupted me, I told her how rude it is to interrupt and the witch hung up. I called the customer service number back immediately and received a recording saying the office was closed for Labor Day....they called me, it wasn't closed. Today I called the company and asked to speak to a Supervisor, I was told they were All in a meeting and someone would call me back, that never happened. 6 hours later and 3 more harassing phone calls later I received yet another call from a non-English speaking rep. I asked to speak to a supervisor, She refused me, saying she could help me. I told her no thanks and I need to speak to a supervisor. She refused 2 more times then finally transferred me to a supervisor. A non English speaking woman got on the phone, I asked if she was a supervisor, she said Yes. I told her I have a complaint about yesterday's customer service, she interrupted me almost immediately. I told her that was one of my complaints. Our conversation if you can call it a conversation consisted of me trying to talk and her interrupting me. I told her I wanted to speak to whoever is over her and she refused. She stated it was none of her supervisors business. I told her I was being harassed with all of the phone calls when my payment is not late. She kept saying so what, it was not harassment and the phone calls would continue. This went on for several minutes, me telling her to put her supervisor on the phone. I eventually gave up, called her a F-ing (B) witch and hung up. I am looking into refinancing my truck note to get away from this bank. I am beyond pissed. Bad, Terrible customer service

• Sc
              scscsc Sep 14, 2007

I too am being harrassed every month for my car payment + the next month's car payment. I am on time every month and I even pay extra. Yet, I am getting calls every hour sometimes for DAYS at work and at home. Thank GOD they do not have my cell.

I just argued with the guy at 5/3 to STOP THE CALLS... and he hung up on me.

Stay AWAY from 5/3 bank. I am so furious... i cannot wait to transfer this loan

Fifth Third Bank — bank card scam!

Hellooo!! I have a 5/3rd debit/credit card with no overdraft protection of $500 because I have never used...

Fifth Third Bank — fift third bank is a rip off!

I had overdraft protection on my account. Some how it was overdrawn by $1.45 they charged $6.00 a day fee on...

Fifth Third Bank — poor customer service!

I am a new customer to 5th 3rd...never again! My finace and I bought a Ford Explorer in march of 07. It wa...