Fifth Third Bankpoor customer service!

L Review updated:

I am a new customer to 5th 3rd...never again! My finace and I bought a Ford Explorer in march of 07. It was used, and the car company stuck it to us charging us more then its worth...ok my bad...but the loan was finalized through 5th 3rd. Everything was fine for awhile and then my hubby to be lost his job...Sheer panic set in as I tried to figure out how to pay the bills. I called their finance department to try and get the payment lowered. She refused saying that I had not had the loan long enough to change arrangements. I was crying and so upset...she said and I swear its truth, "Well have you tried selling your blood? If you give plattlets you will get more money. Or how about a yard sell...my grand mom had one and raised $4000..." Oh you can imagine to what I said to that! She then said, "Well perhaps you need to get another job." I cussed her flat out!!! Who the heck do these people think they are!!! I had at that time a credit score of 7oo!!! I was treated like trash!!! She said, "Well let another bill go to pay us, cause if you dont, we will come get your car and you will owe us anyway." No emotions what so ever...I told her that I would pay it and I would NEVER deal with them again!!! Well I found out that you can pay it late as long as it is not 30 days over and technically they cannot report it on your credit. So for five months I have kept it paid the best way I could...then last night I told them that I was paying it late, told the the amount and everything and they still call my house!!! So I called the call center and got in touch with this horrible non English speaking person...I went off!!! She told me that I had no right calling there and speaking to her in a raised tone. And I told her they had no right to call and badger someone...she then told me, "Well if you were not such a dead beat then we would not have to call!!!" I DEMANDED to speak to her manager...she refused over and over and I kept asking. Finally she hung up on me. I called back and talked to a nicer lady who obliged to my wishes..I reached Jay who was just as rude and sicking...he said if I wasn't a deliquient account, then I wouldnt have issues. I asked him if it was common practice to be talked to like that by them employees...he wouldnt answer me. I told him the payment was made...he smarted off about it being late and so I decided to ask if I needed to sell my blood as his finance department suggsted...he laughed and was very rude again insinuating I was a dead beat by making off color remarks. To anyone reading this, DO NOT USE 5TH 3RD FOR ANYTHING AT ALL!! I hope this bank folds so no one else receives the same treatment as I have. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Updated by Electria · May 17, 2018

Fifth Third Bank will implement service on your account out of nowhere.Check your accounts.

• Updated by Electria · May 17, 2018

Do not sign up with Fifth Third Mobil Partners...

• Ni
    Nicole Fuster Jan 11, 2020

I had called to get an issue resolved about my account and not only could they not do anything when I had asked for a supervisor the woman was extremely rude in a mocking tone, short, clearly fed up with her job and just pretty much laughing at my situation which was serious to me I'm very hurt/mad

Connie Dozeman Oct 07, 2019

case # [protected] Never received anything from this company nor did I order from them

Jacquelinegale Sep 23, 2019

They hold my withdrawals and/or purchases and post them at a time that will cause my account to be overdrawn. If I make a purchase it will get paid immediately because the money is there so when I check my balance I trust that's it's correct when I'm essence they are holding off on posting that purchase until it conveniently overdraws my account.

James Hinkle Aug 05, 2019

I waited in the drive through 20-25 minutes behind one car.. decided to go inside and pay credit card bill. Service was still slow. You need sharper more energetic employees at this branch

• Di
    Dino Hines Apr 27, 2019

I paid $100 (authorized) using my fifth third debit and Menards withdrew $309.50. Requesting it be rightfully deposited back into the same account it was taken from. April 6th 2019 @ 10:22 a.m.

Comments

• Ta
    Taner D Nov 13, 2018

I have been trying to reach customer service for weeks. In each of my dozen attempts call gets dropped at the moment when call is transferred to an agent.
    I filled the web based contact form, but I have received no response.

• To
    Tommy Colella Oct 21, 2018

In the payment section there is no longer a forecast your balance feature. I really liked this feature and I wish you would bring it back.

Copper53Bankgamesagain Sep 01, 2018

Our Retirement account was posted a day late. Our deposit and credit for
    Early Access account was never credited to our account. Which made our account over drafted . 53 Bank is playing the late deposit and credit by two or more days...We are trying very hard to improve our credit rating.
    53 Bank should be fined and heavy.

• Ot
    Ottawa Sharmane Sep 01, 2018

Never received deposit that where initiated to my account

• Sw
    Sweetness365 Aug 21, 2018

Unable to remove incorrect data from fraudulent account because the innocent party "is not the account holder". Poor data verification and data management practices. Poor accountability. Representatives unable to resolve problems. Representatives not empowered to resolve problems. Unwillingness to escalate data issues to someone who is empowered.

• El
    Electria Aug 20, 2018

I am being charged a bogus service fee for not having a direct deposit of $500 for the month. I should have had a service fee before today if these were the stipulations. I will not pay an $11 service fee out of nowhere. I AM LOOKING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AT FIFTH THIRD BANK FOR BETTER QUALITY SERVICE WITHOUT THE RIDICULOUS FEES .

• St
    Stanley hardgrves Aug 14, 2018

My account was over drawn do to store over charging forcing my mobile check deposit not to work called to get it removed my request was declined, my account supposed to be on a over draft fee protection.

• RBraddy Aug 25, 2016

My father originally had his checking account with First Charter Bank until it changed to Fifth Third. It seems we have overdraft fees taken out every month now! This bank is driving me insane!!! I cannot get a straight answer about the fees, but I know something is badly askew here!!! I'm not a damn fool!! After switching over to Fifth Third, my father, who was getting early dementia, could not read, and so I know he was not informed about the "OUTRAGEOUS" ($8.00 per day now) overdraft fees associated with having an account at this bank. I took over as Power of Attorney last year and I did not know this either. These people are THIEVES... plain and simple. I am an intelligent person, yet I CANNOT COMPREHEND ANY OF THIS!!! Dates when I knew I had money in the account and made a purchase, and then come up with overdraft fees. Most times I didn't know it until days later when it was so damn high I could not pay it!! This bank is taking food out of my child's mouth!! I am also on disability, and I feel that I can sue for exploitation of a disabled adult on both my, and my father's behalf. There's just so much crap going on it's difficult to wrap my brain around it!! I've never seen anything like it! I say...every Fifth Third customer here who has lodged a complaint...WE SHOULD INITIATE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST FIFTH THIRD BANK!!! What they are doing is... "STEALING OUR MONEY AND MAKINNG IT LOOK AS THOUGH WE ARE JUST OUT THERE BOUNCING CHECKS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I am a consumer writer and am getting ready to come down hard on this bank via complaints to the N.C. Banking Commission, and I am also going to the federal level. If there is "ANYONE HERE" who has the know-how to get a class action law suit going against this bank, please, please, and PLEASE contact me A.S.A.P. at: [email protected]
    Let's all get together and do something about what this institution is doing to us and many many others!!

MADCUSTOMER Aug 25, 2016

We have had it with 5/3 Bank! They have taken more of our money than anything. It is funny when you make a large deposit and your money starts getting taken out of your account by the bank, for "FEES".
    We closed our account, which cac only be closed if they account is in good standings! But we closed they account the manager said that there was like $1.80 left in the account so they would send us a check for that amount. After a few days of the account being closed we receive a notice that the account is overdrawn! That is funny, they account is closed!! I contacted them and they said well there was a couple tings pending that were automatic withdraws, and they let them go through, even though the account was closed.
    I know that they are doing it to a lot of people, is there anyone interested in going together to file a class action law suite? They are taking our hard earned money and it is NOT right.

Hard Working Family in WCH, Ohio

ConfusedAndAngry Aug 25, 2016

fifth third bank have been stealing my money

every time I would mave a deposite they would withdra the amount and tke it to pay off an account that was settled years ago.

I even have the settlement agreement and the "paid in full" statement.

But they are acting low and playing this game. I hired a lawyer and paying for his fees now to just let them know that I have settled my dues with the bank a long time ago.

I have been a customer of 5/3 bank since 2000 and always paid my payments, had loans with them, credit cards, etc. And now they have been doing this to me since 2010. If they are in trouble and trying to get themselves out of some big blunder some *** CEO did, then don't let us (the common people) pay the price for their costly mistakes.

Maybe cut down on all those silly expences that you spend left nd right, a nd pay more attention to aggrements you have made with your cusotmers, and HONOR them.

I am so disapointed and PISSED...

• Da
    DanaF Jul 27, 2016

I rented a movie on my debit card with direct tv for 4.99 on me ex boyfriends account a one time payment 7 months later Direct TV charged my card for the entire balance of his bill which I never authorized for 650.00. I called the bank and said I never authorized this transaction and they made me file a dispute which they gave the money back but 60 days later took it again because they said Direct TV sent proof that I authorized it. They sent me what Direct TV had sent them no where was my name on this information they had his name listed as cardholder and for the bill but they still gave them the money again. I fought this and they said they would credit overdraft fees if found in my favor but kept my 650.00 for another month and found in my favor still would not credit all overdraft fees this caused. This is the absolute worst bank I ever dealt with. Run if u have this bank they find a way to get ur money one way or another.

• Ke
    Kendra Faith McElwee Apr 27, 2016

This is to inform the general public that Mr Alfred Kessinger, , a private loan lender has open up a financial opportunity for everyone in need of any financial help. We give out loan at 3% interest rate to individuals, firms and companies under a clear and understandable terms and condition. contact us today by e-mail at:([email protected])

• Ks
    ksp921 Feb 17, 2016

We obtained a car for my daughter, which was financed with Fifththird and received the payment book. It clearly states payments are due between the 5th of the month and will be late if received after the 20th of the month. Twice a representative of the bank called after the 5th indicating our payment was late. They were rude and wanted payment immediately, despite the fact their own payment coupon book said it would not be late until after the 20th. In trying to call back to the bank to discuss our account, I was put on hold with a wait time of 30 minutes. I will be paying off my account immediately and will never use this bank for anything again.

• Na
    Nan Osborn Mar 19, 2015

My mothers account was with 5/3Bank till she died. For a few years brother was on moms account. Then after a time money was used from her account without her knowing. After all money was depleted I was called to handle account for mom. I received her records and found large amounts of money used without her knowing. A check for $5000.00 was cashed by the Lynchburg Bank and it was cashed by a woman not on the account ever. The check should not have been cashed I talk with bank at no help. They told me the check happen to long ago for them to try to recover. I'm very disappointed in the 5/3 Bank on how they treat their customers. Trying to close her account has been a nightmare.

joyce coberley Nov 25, 2013

I am Joyce Coberley and I have a loan with you on pontic vibe 2009 and I am tired of getting put on hold to do business. I have attempted 4 times to talk to some one so I can self relinquish this car. And I always get put on hold or your people trynto talk me into keeping it. I tell them I can not affor it and want you to come and get it ASAP!!! please feelfree to email me at [email protected]oo.com or call at [protected]. Sincerley Joyce M. Coberley

• Bo
    BobAnnB Sep 30, 2013

As far as I can tell this so called branch of 5th 3rd Bank is not even run by the bank. There is no way to tie your accounts together, nearly impossible to get any customer service, and they take more fees than the government would take taxes. Steer clear of this health savings account provider!

• Ha
    hangover park May 28, 2013

5/3 has the rudest customer service reps that I have ever been in contact with!

Jasper77 Apr 10, 2012

The teller I was dealing with on my business account out-right lied to me about being approved for a credit card with $7K limit.
    I asked why there was not credit check needed and she said it was because I was already approved up to the $7000 limit. All I needed to do was to sign the app and the card would be mailed to me.
    The next day when I went in to get the card the manager laughed and said that they never issue credit without a credit check.
    So, I snatched the app out of he hand and asked it the teller was lying or did she actually not know? The manager said she probably just misunderstood. Strangely, When I called 5/3rd customer support to complain about their deception, and Asked Nathan (the support person) if she was "out-right lying or did she not know? " Nathan said (AND I QUOTE) "It was probably a little of both".
    I am done with 5/3rd. When their own customer support tells me that they will lie to you to get yo to sign a credit app - that is outrageous!!!. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH FIFTH THIRD !!!

• La
    Lawrence S Dec 25, 2011

sounds like you need a facebook page for this.

• Mo
    most beautiful girl Nov 30, 2011

they do suck

• Mo
    most beautiful girl Nov 30, 2011

i just recently moved to nashville and chose to bank with fifth third bank, from day one all i have had is problems first they re did not put the order through for my debit card and so it took like a month to get to me...but of course they dont apologize for it, which that might have made it better. second they charge you for everything they possibly can i had to call about a charge on my card the rude nasty rep left me on the phone for over ten min. and came back and said it was my fault this happened when it was not... they were not supposed to debit my card because i had opted out of debiting when funds are not availble.. they always make away to put the blame on you not taking any responsiblilty for their mistakes..and dont think they will ever give you a break and reverse an overdraft fee thats not how they roll.. Ive been with some great banks and this banks suck the worse ever..Told them i was closing my account and guess what. they dont care they dont even try to keep you there..they suck they suck they suck go some wher else if you dont want to be screwed over and over...ps THEY SUCK..

• Kr
    KrisN-SF Oct 29, 2011

Have a mortgage account with 53 and after a mistake that they made with my automatic bill payment, refuses to clear up their mistake with the credit reporting bureau.
    I'm seriously cobduseung hiring an attorney because they refuse to escalate my calls, tell me they'll have someinevreturn my call and never does. They have the most horrible customer service ever!!!"

Mallory Peckham Oct 26, 2011

I purchesed a new vehicle about 3 years ago in this coming feb. I have never been late on my payments and they call constantly if u dont make it before your 10 day grace period starts. Lately I have been to the point where the harrashing hasn't stopped and i had to change my cell phone number so it would. I work evening and sleep days so when they call they are waking me up. The other thing i hate about fifth thrid bank is that they dont allow u to make split payments. i work in a hotel so i dont bring home that much money every week and can't make the whole payment of almost 350 dollars at one time. so i had to cancel the auto pay and make half payments every week. so that way i can survive for the week. this bank needs to train there staff and call centers a lot better than they have.

• Sh
    Sherry Deeter Oct 13, 2011

Fifth Third Bank is the worst bank ever!!! I have had a car loan for over 5 yrs and it's been hassles and rude people for the duration of the loan. I got ripped off over $60 when I made final payment. Wondering how long it's going to take to get my title back now that it's finally paid off. Thank God I never have to talk to this horrible bank anymore!!

• Je
    jenbattjes Jul 23, 2011

FYI, I did NOT sign anything saying they could automatically take money of our acct for our loan. AND we quit going through them because they suck when it comes to banking. You think you know everything don't ya?

• St
    stupid cracker jacks Apr 07, 2011

I was just written a check by an associate who uses Fifth Third Bank. The check was for about a hundred dollars (he was buying a bike from me). I figured I'd go to the bank the check was from, cash it, and go out to eat with my wife. The check, written for a Firth Third bank account, apparently couldn't be cashed at a 5th 3rd bank, WITHOUT paying an $8 fee. So my associate leaves his money in a bank, so that he can use it at his discretion by writing checks, and the only way for that check to get honored is via a fee? How does that make sense? That seems similar to me telling people I owe money that they can collect by accepting payment from my card, but they'll have to pay me a fee. I've never used this bank, I've had friends who've complained about it, and now I will spread the word of stupidity that is this bank.

• So
    S.O.L Jan 24, 2011

Why would you trust a bank that can't even get fractions right?

• Ca
    Cassityh Jan 24, 2011

Fifth Third Bank is the biggest Jip Joint ever, even for people trying to save money. They charged our account without any forewarning a dormancy fee of $5 per month for 6 months without even a statement.

Under Deposits/Credit history every month there is an interest payment, but according to Megan E# 99556, the self proclaimed highest to speak to, "that does not count as account activity." "It is part of our Rules and Regulations that we charge you dormancy fees, and the Federal Government tells us we have to." When asked to quote where I could get this information she told me the Internet!

On a back story it is impossible to close the account without going to Michigan in person, we live in Arkansas, we have tried.

I never received any satisfaction from their so called Customer Service Center, I just hope I wasted $35 of their time.

• Mi
    MillieSue Jan 06, 2011

53 bank is the worst. I transfered $200.00 online from my savings into my checking account. When I was done and had my reference number it said my available balance reflected the $200.00. I had realized I made a error in my checking acct which was the reasoning for transfering the 200.00 from my savings over to avoid OD fees. Well to my surprise I get up the next morning and my acct is in the negative. I call 53 and they tell me my 200.00 deposit didn't post till the next day and the check I transfered the money over for came in that night after I transfered the money, but because they didn't post it until the next morning, the charged me to OD fees because they took the big item first instead of the smaller items that there was clearly enough money in there for. They are a crooked [censor] bank who runs debits before credits and then charge you countless OD fees.

• Je
    jenbattjes Jan 01, 2011

We started using 5/3 because we thought it would be a good bank. WRONG!!! First they charge you so much for using their bank. My husband has direct deposit and they hold it for 2 days, so of course checks are going through before his check goes into the acct. We have a loan through them and they wanted to take money out of our acct for the payment. I called them last week and told them to cancel that payment because it wouldn't go through (not even money in acct). They said on the phone that they would cancel it. Well I check this morning and they NEVER canceled it. I will be calling them on Monday and giving them a piece of my mind. Also will be telling them that we are going to start using a new bank. I would not recommend 5/3 to anyone.

• Ji
    Jim Comeon Nov 18, 2010

Fifth Third Bank Runs A Scam On Customers Regarding Fees

They will access fees against your account wrongly, refuse to credit those fees back, and then continue charging you fees at a rate of $8.00 a day and refuse to allow you to close your account until you pay all those fees.

They then report this against your credit until you pay all fees.

Their customer service center refuses TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THEIR CORPORATE ADDRESS OR TELEPHONE NUMBERS!!!

Here is their corporate address:

Fifth Third Bank
    Corporate Offices
    George A. Schaefer, Jr. - President
    38 Fountain Square Plaza
    Cincinnati, OH 45263

LET EVERYONE KNOW THEY SHOULD NOT DEAL WITH THIS BANK EVER!!!

Also be advised that you can file a complaint against any bank at this government web site: www.federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov

When going to this web site, look at the first link on the right hand side column, and click on it to file a complaint.

• Ci
    CitMan Oct 14, 2010

Here's the latest with my Fifth Third account: I received a call in late September (29th). My debit card had been compromised, it was being cancelled immediately, I would receive a new one very shortly. I received a letter from P. Brian Moore dated October 1, 2010 stating the reasons for the cancellation and that I would be receiving a new card when 3 to 5 business days of the notification call. Here it is October 14, 2010, no card!!
    I've made numerous calls to their customer service - no help other than sending another card. I want it fedexed, I said. Can do that, they said. Why didn't you send it with the letter from Moore? Still being processed, they said. They could have fedexed the card and eliminated the postage on the Moore's letter and the postage from the new card being sent out (that I haven't received).
    This is just the latest in 5/3's terrible customer service. I am now looking for a new bank that is local and will stay local. Never, ever do business with this bank!!!

• Fe
    FEDUPWITHRUDEPEOPLE Aug 22, 2010

The younger tellers are very rude and incompetent. At Fifth third bank in Oak Park Illinois. And make inappropriate comments. They have no respect!

• Ro
    rocksanchez1 Aug 06, 2010

This sounds like a misunderstanding on your end as far as what constitutes regular collections actions. If you owe a credit or money, they may persue you legally. That's a consequence of default.

• Jr
    jrdt Jul 09, 2010

I received a late charge notice from Fifth Third Bank today. I called customer service and was told it was an error, and that I would not be charged. I ask to speak to a supervisor, Stephanie, and ask that a letter be sent to me stating that the charge was an error on the part of the bank and that no fee would be charged. I was told that this was not something they could generate. A bank that cannot write a letter scares me more than a little. I was also told that I could not speak to an officer of the bank because they did not take phone calls. It seems that MR. P. BRIAN MOORE can sign inaccurate letters of money due but isn't qualified to follow up with a "whoops" letter clearing our credit status of any wrong doing. I ask if I could come to FifthThird's corporate office to speak to an officer and was told "no" that there were guards at the door and no one was allowed in. So now I am to trust the word of a bank that mischarged me in the first place that they will remember that my fees were waived. Is it any wonder that the people of this country mistrust banks and all they stand for? Any company whose top management refuses to talk to it's customers is not to be trusted.