FIDOCustomer care and new phone plans

M Feb 18, 2021

I am a loyalty member for over 20 years and have referred over 6 customers during this time. I have absolutely never left Fido and now my plan is to leave.
I never get any discounts or deals as a loyalty member. But all I asked for today was to price match a Rogers promo with a Fido promo (same phone and same everything else exept the monthly price is much higher with Fido).
After what felt like 2 hours on the phone, the employee refused to pass me to a higher authority, I asked about 4 or 5 times to speak to Customer Care's Supervisor, and she denied each time. The excuses were that she could do the same as supervisor. But I know it was just to get commission or to not get in trouble.
2 hrs later the issue was not resolved and she even tried to offer me a much worse plan, by giving me less GB and charging me $40 extra dollars on top of my bill on a monthly new phone plan that should have been only $15 extra add on. I pay $45 and she wanted to charge me $90 and take away some of the benefits I already had for samsung S20 FE. 125gb. She said I would have to get a worse plan in order to have the phone. In the end she said it was fine if I want to cancel and close my account and move with another provider and there would be no issue if they lost a loyalty member to another provider. The whole entire time I was very nice and respectful as well. I am actually discusted as a Loyalty member how I have been treated today and the last 20 years. I have always paid my bills, never had issues on my side, and have referred more people than the average customer without getting any referral credits since they said they don't do credits anymore unless it is online referral. My payments are also taken out automatically so there is never a late charge. I have so much anxiety from speaking to them and dread having to speak to Fido for any matter.

RESOLVED

• Fido's response · Feb 22, 2021

Hey Marï!

Pierre from the Fido Social Media team here.

This definitely doesn't sound like the kind of experience we would want for any of our customers. We always want to find the best possible options for our customers. You can reach out to us through Facebook or Twitter if you would like us to take another closer look into this with you.

-FidoPierre