Having problems with O2 Germany?

+49 897 8797 9409 (Bestell-Hotline)
+49 176 8885 5282 (Prepaid-Hotline)
Georg-Brauchle-Ring 50
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Billed twice for same month

Hello.

I have this SIM since 2018 and everything was fine so far.I was charged twice with same amount of 10 Euros for the same month. I'm currently running a prepay SIM card (Loop) which requires a data package of 10 euros monthly, but on May 5th this was charge firstly then on May 7th they took 10 euros more.
Would be good whether O2 can reimburse my credit and add the 10 euros missing.

My mobile number: [protected].

Many thanks for looking into this.
Best regards,
FR

dsl & mobile contracts

Dear Customer Services,

My Customer Number / [protected]
Since July 2019

I am writing with regards to all my contracts with O2 Telefonica i.e., Mobile contract and DSL Contract. This is probably the fifth or sixth time I am contacting O2 Telefonica that I no longer live in Germany and would appreciate if all these contracts are terminated with immediate effect.

Like I have explained several times, I submitted a cancellation letter three months to the end of my contract (contract end date 30/06/2019) and apparently O2 did not get the letter ( I was told in one or more of several conversations with O2). Please note that I also sent out cancellations letter to other companies I had contracts with and they received them using the same post office. See attachment for all the cancellations I prepared in March of 2019 for contracts to be terminated by end of June, O2 telefonica being one of them.

After a week, I called again and was told that actually, my cancellation could not be processed because it did not have my customer number on the letter. However O2 Telefonica did not write me a letter to inform me about why my cancellation was not processed. The letter however had all my names and my address on it meaning O2 Telefonica could have contacted me in this regard.

I have not been using these services since July 2019, I now live in the USA with a new contract and would greatly appreciate if these contracts could be cancelled with immediate effect.

I have mentioned several times that I have not unregistered myself from the registration office for family reasons .I have asked several times, if there are other ways to proof that I no longer live in Germany but I have not been given other options. If you check the activities of my accounts, you will see clear proof that I am no longer using these services.

I fine it very unfair and a total lack of common sense for O2 Telefonica to be withdrawing almost 60 Euros on a monthly basis (29.9 Euros for handy and 29.9 Euros for DSL) from my account without any shame from July 2019 til date. This to me is exploitation of the worst kind. Bear with me, that I have been a long serving client of O2 Telefonica for more that ten years and this is just not how you treat a client who has clearly indicated that he no longer want your services and want to cancel such services.

Please kindly forward my request to top management to examine my case carefully with due diligence and get back to me. I will also want a full refund of the funds that have been deducted from my account from July 2019 til date

My current contact information is
Tel +[protected]
Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Look forward to hear from you

Kind Regard
Emile Fon

dsl & mobile contracts

Telefónica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG

bill too high than expected

I have received a bill of 35.19€ instead of 19.99€ for this month. My mobile number is +49-[protected].

On careful examining on the website, I could see some mobile ringtones thrid party services has been automatically subscribed to my account. I am not getting the reason why it got subscribed automatically. 3 services is automatically activated on my account amount to 4.99€ each. i.e a total of 15€ extra Which I was not being informed neither have used it.

I would like O2 Germany Team to refund my money as soon as possible otherwise I have to take certain necessary action against the company.

Thanks in advance.

bill too high than expected

O2 Germany

Prepaid sim card

I used to use O2 sim card 2 yrs ago. The process was very easy. I ordered it online to my address before and...

sim card - terrible customer service

So I bought O2 sim on 03.09.2018 from Mall of Berlin Branch and the consultant named Florian Luczak gave me...

dsl

I lived and worked in Germany for two years in Hessen. When I moved back to the Netherlands I cancelled my...

mobile

I am at the end of my tether with O2, they are causing me so much stress and anxiety because of their appalling customer service and denial of the facts.

I logged a complaint with O2 in March this year regarding the amount of data I received as part of my contract. This came about thanks to gross miss-communication from O2 themselves. Basically, O2 were unable to confirm how much data I received as part of my Unlimited Data contract which I took out in 2008. This was investigated for may weeks, which resulted in me being told that there was a cap of 3.5GB on my unlimited data contract.

Whilst they investigated, I also did some investigation of my own. Whist doing so I found that my O2 portal (on the O2 website) stated that my data limit was 10GB. Not only is this not unlimited, but it is also not the 3.5GB O2 were telling me it was supposed to be. I sent this information to the Complaints Specialist and advised them to continue to investigate. I never had a response to my evidence, so I had to go to the Ombudsman for assistance (which O2 tell you to do on their letters).

I provided the Ombudsman with a pack of evidence, screen shots, chat transcripts, emails, and they investigated. When the ombudsman sent me their initial report I found that there were pieces of "miss-communication" from O2. I asked the Ombudsman to investigate further, which they did, and some of the errors were eliminated from the report.

However, when I received the final report from the Ombudsman I found that there were further errors. In particular, there were two pieces of information that painted me out to be a liar:

I had sent screen shots to both the Ombudsman and O2 demonstrating that I could see on O2's website that I had 10GB data on my unlimited contract. O2 had now changed their response and were suggesting that I only had 4GB data on my contract. When the Ombudsman approached O2 about what I could see on my portal, O2 stated that they could see no mention of a 10GB limit on my account after allegedly checking all of their systems. This is either "miss-communication" or they simply didn't check.

I sent information to the Ombudsman regarding a phone call I had with O2 (including time and dates). This conversation was regarding the 10GB limit, which somebody within O2 confirmed existed. They also stated that I would have had unlimited data, but it would have been capped without me knowing sometime since 2008. I asked the lady to send me an email containing that information, and she agreed to do so. The email never arrived. When the Ombudsman asked O2 about this conversation they said they could find no evidence if it, even though all of their calls are recorded.

Basically, O2 were making me out to be a liar. When I saw the report I immediately logged a complaint with O2 regarding them miss-communicating to the ombudsman. I had two weeks to get a response and have them change the information they were providing the ombudsman otherwise I had to accept the ombudsman report. All they did was wait for two weeks for that time to expire, telling me that they wouldn't speak to me whilst the ombudsman was investigating.

Basically, O2 were forcing me to accept the ombudsman report which contained the false information. How can that be right???

Reluctantly, I had to accept the ombudsman report as it was the only way I could get to speak to O2. Just after accepting I got back in touch with O2 to discuss the miss-communication they had provided the ombudsman, only to be told that because I had accepted that ombudsman report there was nothing more they were going to do. This is despite them telling me that I had to accept the report in order for me to be able to speak to them about it.

I was told by O2 that the only way I could progress this complaint was to get a lawyer and take them to court!!!

My two main concerns were now 1)how O2 had miss-communicated to the Ombudsman in the report and 2) how they are still denying that the data I can see when I log onto their website exists.

I did manage to speak to one customer advisor who seemed to want to help but guess what, he was taken off my case and I was passed to somebody who also seems to not want to assist. Basically, I keep asking about the lies on the report but O2 state that they only passed on what they can see.

More worryingly, O2 are still stating the they cannot see on their system the 10GB allowance details that I can see on the O2 website (logged onto my portal). O2 seem to have now stopped looking into the issue.

The only conclusion I can come to is the there has potentially been a data breach and that I am pointing to an external server when I log into the O2 website.

With this in mind, and as O2 don't seem to care (I have told them that I think my account may have been breached, they responded that they don't think so, but they cant see what I can see) I am having to speak to the Information Commissioners Office, who seem very interested in the discrepancy in what I can see and what O2 say they can see.

All this, and my original complaint seemed to be a simple one for O2 to deal with.

With O2 making me out to be a liar to the Ombudsman (which I can prove to not be the case) and also potentially having security issues, I am continuing with the complaint until I have a satisfactory conclusion.

Be warned, if you ever have to complain about O2 they will do EVERYTHING to make your life difficult and to put the blame on you.

internet services

Dear O2 team, let me start by saying that how you mislead and mistreat your customers. My flatmate and I...

contract cancellation

I had an O2 contract for over 5 years and in April 2014 i cancelled the contract in writing. I relocated to...

terrible customer service/thieves

I was overcharged on my bills for a couple months and noticed so I tried to ask why. They told me I wa...

fraud

I have received an SMS saying: - Congrats your phone No. has won 550, 000 pounds in the on going int, I phone...

money taken from credit

I received a message on my mobile phone on 13/04/09. This message thanked me gave me a pin number and took ten pounds off the credit on my phone. I phoned the customer service number that came with the message, but no one was there, so I left a message, and I sent an e mail to the O2 website. I received a phone call this morning, firstly from the customer service number and they said they had received a message from my number and this is why I received there text. I then got a phone call from O2 in answer to my e mail and the lady said that the money had NOT been taken off by O2. She also told me that looking back through my account there was a text made before this message and two made after this message was received. I told her that I had made the two after it was received as I didn't know why I had received it and I was complaining about the money being taken from my credit.
I can state catagorically that my phone was not ued or touched before this message was received. When my phone made a noise I came from the bedroom into the kitchen, where my phone was lying on the table, and picked it up and read message.
There is absolutely no proof on my phone that I called 79988 to request a pin number or anything else, but I have had ten pounds taken from my credit by someone I can't even identify
I want to know how and why something like this can happen. I only use my phone for emergencies and so people can keep in touch, I don't use it for anything else. What would have happened if I had been on a contract our had a load of credit on the phone, would whoever this was have taken all my money out?
Please can you find me an answer to this.
Many Thanks
Shirley Mackay

false advertising

I have a Nokia handset which I recently upgraded to on the O2 network. Nokia recently had a deal with O2 where people upgrading to certain Nokia handsets on certain O2 tariffs would receive shopping vouchers in a Confessions of a Shopaholic promotion. I upgraded my phone on the 9th of March online which is where I saw this offer and decided to take advantage of it. I picked my handset, tariff and offer online and received my phone from O2 two days later. I noted that no vouchers had been received and emailed O2 to query. I was advised the vouchers were out of stock and would now be sent. A week later I still had received none so I queried again and was advised that they were posted to my address. Still they did not arrive so I queried yet again - this time being told I was never sent any due to the offer having ended on the 3rd of March.
Until this point I was absolutely blaming Nokia, having been given the impression that it was your fault, rather than O2 but it transpires I am being given the runaround by O2 with their inability to keep their website up to date apparently! I have called O2 to try and get some resolution but have been told they cannot help as I placed the order after the offer ended. I would quite happily cancel my contract and send the phone back at this point because I am so annoyed with them but they have managed to keep me on the runaround so that my 14 days cooling off period has expired.

refused to replace faulty phone

I bought the phone from my local 02 shop in Lancaster, the speaker became difficult to hear with distorted sound. I took the phone back after 6 months and they refused to replace it, they sent it away to their repair agent who said it was unrepairable as there was fluid ingress which I dispute. I have contacted O2 by email and they refuse to replace or refund my money.

I thought O2 were a better company than this.

• Ha
    Hamdi ciğerim Aug 20, 2018

O2 customer service is the worst. First they made our problem much bigger and now they say that their language is German and I need to find a translator to contact them. You call them for a problem of your dsl contract and they create one extra contract just because they are so dumb. O2 is the worst.

• Na
    Naga Reddy Majji Oct 23, 2019

DSL signal is not receiving to out router. Internet is not functioning.
    Our landline instrument is not compatible so u can't reach us in O2 handy.

Please reach us on our handy: +4917643699804

Kundennummer: DE04082734
    Telephone no: 04080601472

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices