Having problems with Fido?

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000

Complaints & Reviews

FIDOunethical lies lies lies

Worst company I have ever dealt with.<br />
<br />
I was an iphone 3g customer and ordered a 3gs back in AUG 24 and way promised first that the phone would arrive on sept 11 then oct 03. The sales rep that i placed my odered with that day confirm that I would have a total of $300 dollars taken of my bill ( 2oo from FIDO dollars and 100 form there 3g customer promotion )<br />
<br />
Well an iphone did arrive on the 11th but for my sister who is a rogers customer ( she ordered a week after I had ) A quick call to customer service confirmed that since Rogers held a bigger account with Apple their customers get first dibs. Again he confirmed my phone will be delivered by Oct 3 and with all the price adjustments. <br />
<br />
Come Oct 3 my phone didn't arrived and since I was still dazed from my trip to Vegas i sent in an email instead of calling. Waited till oct 10 and finally got a reply back from fido csr Brandon. Who claims my iphone was relieved and singed for on Sept 11. even gave me tracking number. ( in your face says Brandon ) Another call to Fido Crap-SR questioning why the iphone that was supposed to be mineworks on the Roger network and why i have never been charged for the phone. cleared that up really fast and was promised again i would receive my phone no later than Oct 22 with all the price adjustment. Also it seem as CSR Brandon had put down on his notes that i had called in earlier that morning and he had talk to me on the phone for half an hour clearing the problem up - very unethical -<br />
<br />
Wishful thing had kept me waiting for this long and again was disappointed when my phone did not arrive.<br />
<br />
I swear i much have called in to customer service 5 yesterday. The first i was put on hold for a good 45 min before i have to hang up and call again. The second time to my surprise i got a pleasant CSR Kieth nice guy, ask for him if you ever have to call. Keith explained that the sales person back in Aug never put in order for me - funny how the csr's i talked to after aug never advised me of this nor put in an order for me - Again was promised that if i was to place an order now with him i was still to receive all my price adjustments since i had tried to make an order back in Aug. <br />
<br />
Had the pleasure to talk with supervisor Tammy afterward, who felt it was her responsibility to shield her company from accepting that this was their fault. She claimed that they were not taking orders in Aug for the iphone, that i myself had provided the reps with the tracking number for the phone which arrived in Sept, and that since I am ordering now I am not eligible for the price adjustments from before. I explained to her that they were taking order in aug but just not processing them till the phone arrived, that the tracking number that was sent to me by a Fido csr, and that from consumer point of view this is totally unacceptable, how they were not taking any responsibilities for their faults. She retracted her statement that I was not to receive the additional discounts for my phone and said I have two options. I can order with them now and my phone will arrive by Nov 18 or I can pick it up at the store and have they put the price adjustments through with when I pick it up. My reply was, you are telling me to wait for another month to get my phone and take your word that it will be delivered this time. She was like why would I lie to you come on imp a supervisor here. – I almost wanted to puked –<br />
I end taking the second option and located a store that did have my phone in stock, but was told that they may run into a problem with using my fido dollars at the time of purchase since I need to add a data package for them to do so and that a call to customer service to have them override that can clear things up for me. I advised him that that was not part of *Fido Rewards iPhone 3GS promotion* that I was eligible for at the time I ordered. Any how I called customer service once more to have them override the problem and was promised again that all my discounts will be applied. Arrived at the store and was disappointed once again after the store rep talk to a csr and explained to me that he can apply my fido dollars but cannot guarantee that it would go through. So I’m at home with my phone and have to wait till tues to see I what I was promised since aug with every rep I had talk to goes through. If not I’m going to cut all my options and downgrade to the lowest priced plan I can or just cut my plan and go with TELUS when their iphones arrived next month.<br />
<br />
Really don’t know why I believe the csr this time around since I was lied to so many times when I originally purchased my 3g in last year. Lies about how I can get it at this certain price if I went with this plan or how I can cut my data option with a cancelation fee with I went to another plan with data.It seem that the company encourages it CSR’s to make up anything to get the customer to buy and afterward they are bounded by a contract so what can they do. <br />
Sorry for such a long post and not making sense at times I just had to let this out

FIDO — dishonest charges & terrible customer services

I've just spent 1 hour on the phone speaking to FIDO customer service. I've never got such a...

Calgary

FIDOcustomer service and sales strategy

The fido prepaid service is just a huge rip off!

The airtime you put in your account is only valid for 1 month. (I am from germany - there it would be illegal...)
    When I got my sim card I was told that - as long as I first charge the account with 20$ - I can have a 20cent/minute rate.

Now - after 1 month - I have to refill my account and their computer tells me that the rate changes to 30cents because I only top it up with 10$.

Pretty surprised about that I called the customer service right away. A rude woman answered and told me that the salespeople work on commission and therefore tell me anything to close a deal - great!!!
    She said that it is totally up to the store if I get a refund or anything like that, but I will probably not get anything since this is just the way it is.

I would not recommend anyone choosing fido as a cellphone provider - worst service and selling techniques ever!

FIDOtrying to bill me for a de-activated phone

Fido has sent a collection agency after me for a de-activated phone number. They continued to charge me even though the phone was not in use. The excuse "you did not call in to let us know you wanted it canceled" I think it was obvious if the number didn't even work anymore. My husband and I went in to a retail store and signed a new contract and unfortunately the sales person did not cancel my old phone number so it was idle on their system for years. The other excuse was that they tried to call me on the phone that did not even work anymore. BULL SH&*!!! Another excuse was that they have many customers that leave the country for a couple of months and when they come back they want the old number again. BULL SH&*!!! BULL SH&*!!!

Now I have to pay even though they cannot give me any supporting documents. I have no choice or else my credit rating will be effected.

So, lesson learned... if you want something canceled get proof on paper because they do not keep that kind of information for you and can charge you anything they want.

Angry Fido Customer in Richmond = (

• Bs
          B. Soutar Jun 29, 2010

My 19 year daughter went in to the FIDO store trying to get a phone two years ago, they turned her down because she didn't have her own credit card, and was using mine. I went in with her a few days later to sign her up and they bill my credit card every month for that. Then they claim we cancelled the first phone she signed up for! They one they refused! Now a credit company will not stop phoning me about this fiasco and they are trying to get hundreds of dollars for cancelling a phone number that we never had. I have been chased by FIDO's dogs for two years now. They are one of the most disreputable companies I've ever seen. Next stop: I head downtown to picket their store.

Barbara Soutar
          Victoria, BC

FIDOmobile plan

i got a bill saying that my wife had called me for 144 minutes when the calling limit is only 50 min. they charged as extra. and thy said that the time was at sat at 12:00 in the night.i have been with fido for 5 years now and this is not the first time that this happend to me. once a parcel came and it had 3 iphones in it. i called the company and said that i did not order this but they kept saying i did, finally the said "oh sorry we made a mistake". i was really angry.

FIDO — customer service

I've been with Fido for over five years now and I have to say that I have never in my entire life come acro...

Toronto

FIDO — extreme bad service

After bying a phone Samsung Jack at Fido with a contract of 2 years in Jan `09, my phone was not working...

Montreal

Fido Solutions Incbad experience

My experience with Fido will lead me to never do business with them again. If you choose to use their services, here is some advice:

1. Get written confirmation of any contractual changes agreed on any phone call.

2. If this is not possible, record your phone call.

3. If this is not possible follow up with a letter confirming the details agreed, requiring a receipt to ensure they have received it, and making it clear this is now your understanding of the contract unless Fido informs you in writing within 10 business days.

4. Make note of the employee's name and number you are speaking to and ask them for the reference number of the call you have made, for future reference.

5. If you believe you having a disagreement and believe you are right, eventually they will reach for a supervisor, but be prepared to be on the phone for 30 minutes before this happens.

6. When they say there is nothing they can do about a billing issue, don't believe them. My bill was slashed by 50% and eventually wiped out after a 40 minute call.

7. If you have cancelled your account and Fido has not acted upon it. Ask them to check whether there is an unrecognisable "flag" on their system against the account. My experience suggests this flag means the account is to be cancelled, but few customer service reps seem to understand it at Fido and require a supervisor to explain this to them.

If you're interested in what happened, here are the details:

I have had a major challenge getting my Fido account cancelled. Despite making several calls to Customer Service and being lead to believe the account was cancelled, I continued to receive invoices. Ultimately this went to a collections agency. When I contacted Fido to discuss the matter the Customer Service Representative basically implied I was a liar, as her notes showed no such request was made. After 30 mins of going around in circles on the phone, she agreed to slash the outstanding bill by 50%. I refused to accept this as I had given instructions to cancel the account (and had not used it since) that were not actioned by Fido and I didn't see why I should pay for their error. I asked who else I could speak to, and the answer was "no one" other than accounts payable to pay the bill. Totally unhelpful and unprofessional.

After further discussion the Customer Service Rep, finally agreed to put me through to her supervisor.

I was left waiting for another 10 minutes and did not get to speak to the supervisor but when the rep returned to the line, she explained her supervisor went through my file and found a "flag" on my account that did indeed confirm I had instructed them to cancel the account. The Customer Service Rep had never seen this "flag" before and didn't understand it. Obviously, Fido's systems didn't understand it either and sent the bill to a collections agency.

After over 40 mins on the phone the balance was eliminated and my credibility with Fido was restored, while theirs was lower than ever.

I am now awaiting confirmation they have indeed cancelled the debt and informed the collections agency. I may yet be surprised that they stick to their word.

Overall a very poor customer service experience and I am left thinking I should be invoicing Fido for time wasted and the inconvenience they have put me through.

FIDOphone for my dog and overcharge each month

I have unfortunately signed up to Fido cell phone company, and am locked in for a 3year term, which is customary. I was contacted by phone by a CS representative who was offering a great deal if I got more that one phone, which I did. This representative kept calling me back at least 2 or 3 times a month wanting me to buy more phones. Each time I told her I was not interested as there are only two of us in the family, other than my dogs. She suggested I get one for the dogs. I laughed, as I obviously thought she was kidding, until she asked me to confirm my mailing address so she can get the dog's phone sent out!! Also every month, I have to go over my bill with a fine tooth comb. They have overcharged me in one way or another, every single month. Some overcharges were as high as $80/month. This is ridiculous! Each time I have to call in and they adjust the bill to what it should be. Next month same thing. What about the people that don't check their bill, or don't have the eyesight to go through the tiny printed charges. They are a scam and I can't wait for my contract to be over, so that I can switch to another carrier. Maybe at that time I'll give my cell phone to the dog, so he can chew on it. lol

FIDOoutrageous service charges

I have had problems with Fido from the start, but this is the last straw. After changing from a monthly billing arrangements to pay as you go, I just got a bill (six weeks) later which shows a charge of $35 for changing services. Now, if any of the three operators I spoke to at the time when I changed the service had actually advised me at the time that there would be this charge, then my decision to change from monthly to pay as you go might be different. BUT no one told me, so what a surprise it was to get this bill. I just spent half an hour on the phone with Fido and they said that if I switched back to monthly billing then they would waive the $35 fee, but otherwise I am out of luck and must pay the bill. Now, is it just me, or does it seem that unless they tell you about these charges at the time of the transaction then it would actually be fraudulent to charge this? Realizing that it was pointless to keep arguing with the operator for another half hour I agreed to pay the darn thing, minus 25% to look after the 'misunderstanding'.

So here I am, adding my complaint to the rest of them. Like someone else said, I wouldn't wish Fido on my enemies. First thing tomorrow I'm going to look into switching service providers. Fido has consistently offered spotty service and I can't wait to find a new phone company.

Judy

FIDOcrazy bill

Finally

Someone who is able to stand up against these telecommunication giants and save our hard earnned money.

If you have been charges more then you can afford and fido dosn't want to give you a break only payment arrangements

Contact
                Fido. [protected]@gmail.com

They will help you negociate with fido even do it for you and get you to save huge on your bill.
                You will not mess up your credit because of your cell phone bill that is way too expenssive.

Check them out they work wonders.

Please after using this service post it on blogs.
                It's time these companies who profit of the little guy stop.

Bassically charging us for nothing.

Why not have a company charge us for air.

Tim c.

• Al
                    ali854 Apr 14, 2010

I have a grievance as well, and a $980.00 cell phone bill and no service on my phone to show for it.

I was away on vacation, the first time I have been in my adult life, in the Dominican Republic. We had had difficulty getting to our destination, as our flight with Sunwing had been cancelled and we were put with Skyservice who had completely different flight times. I was in correspondence with my family regarding this and had to call home often.
                    While in the Dominican, I tried to use email to contact my family, but the internet was expensive at the Internet café they had, and when I purchased access, the network would go down over and over, taking me a lot of money to merely write one email.

I then got sick on vacation, really sick. Also, I had received a call that Skyservice had gone under from back home in Canada. I was at that point in constant contact with my family in order to discuss my health and to try to make arrangements to get home from the Dominican in time to get back to work, as our flight was with Skyservice, and the reps at the hotel had no helpful information for us.

On the last day, my cell phone was still in use. I had called home to let them know that we finally had a flight. Once off the phone I got a text from Fido stating that roaming charges from the Dominican were $3.00 a minute, and that my cell phone bill was over $980.00!!!
                    At that point, I was freaking out, as just then our flight was again cancelled, and when I went to call home to tell my family who were expecting to head to the airport, the cell phone was cut off! My family memeber had been waiting at the airport all evening and morning for a plane that was never showing up as they completely switched us onto another airline that had never before even flown to Toronto. I got home a day later that I was scheduled to, and couldn't call home at all because my phone no longer had any service whatsoever!

It’s been over a week and a half since my phone hasn’t had service, I have called to speak to Fido, they tried to passify me by saying that they’d call me back and they never did, nor is my phone in use.

Do you have any suggestions for a course of action I could take with Fido to get the bill reduced and some sort of resolution so my phone is activated again??

FIDO — roaming charges for data on iphone - $30,000.00/gb

Complaint against Fido (Rogers communications) My invoice numbers xxxxxx8529, xxxxxx8539, xxxxxx8549 -...

Montreal

FIDO — fraud

Fido Solutions is the company i had a contract for 2 years and they are such a big cheat. They have charged...

Brantford

Fido Solutions Incbad service

2. If this is not possible, record your phone call.
                  If you're interested in what happened, here are the details:

• Do
                      downbutnotout Sep 11, 2009

So sorry you had such a bad experience.
                      I've been trying to contact Fido to find out why my text messaging has suddenly stopped working with the alert, "Message not sent! Try again later." Their tech support via customer service by phone is nonexistent.

When I tried to call I got a recorded message telling me to call during business hours, even though I was calling within business hours. Another time when I did connect, they put me on hold until the line went dead, and this was for their so called emergencies! I am trying to use Fidos website tech support via email contact. We'll see if they respond. Their telephone service is totally useless. Sad Sad Sad service for a telephone company... guess the Fido CEOs are too busy playing golf to pay any real attention to customers beyond recorded messages.

FIDOwrongful collections

So this is the letter I wrote to Fido, regarding my past service... long story short... (youll read more in the letter) after 1 year, i switched to rogers from fido (same company) cause i wanted a phone fido didn`t have, they informed me no ECF and i called htem several times to make sure there was none. SO... in the end, i get a collection call from NCO saying i owe fido 235$... READ ON)

-------------------------------

I am writing to file a HUGE complaint against YOUR company. I was a Fido Customer for about 4 years. I was interested in purchasing a Blackberry in November 2008, and realized that Fido does not carry them anymore. So I called a customer service Rep on the Fido number through my phone, and asked How much it would be to Cancel My Contract. I was told 200$, BUT if I switched over to Rogers after my 1 year mark with my new contract (which was November 29th 2008) It would be NO CHARGE to switch to Rogers because rogers owns Fido. I said great. I waited until November 29th 2008, went into a Rogers Dealer, and explained to her what I was doing. She was extatic and said it would be no problem. She was extremely helpful. I called fido to double check everything would go okay, they informed me yes, and No Cancellation fee of $200 was being charged to my account because I was switching to Rogers. We Activated my rogers phone, and before everything could be complete, the representative Had to phone Fido to switch over my phone number. While on the Phone... She was then informed that They could not cancel it until November 30th 2009, and was informed that was the date of my 1 year mark. The Rogers representative was extremely angry at the CSR through Fido and was arguing on the phone with him that November 29th 2008 WAS the 1 year mark, and his information is wrong... And told him that i WILL NOT be charged a CSF. She asked to speak to his supervisor, she was put on hold by the Fido CSR. 45 minutes later, the Fido CSR comes on the phone and informes the Rogers representative that his Supervisor is not Available. He says he will cancel the Fido Contract tomorrow, when the number is switched to Rogers, and I will not be charged a Cancelation fee. The rogers Representative makes sure he types in this whole conversation to my Customer File with FIDO and hangs up. We then proceed with my Rogers account, Pay, and off I go. The Next day on November 30th 2008, I go into a Fido Store in Langley, BC (not a booth, but a STORE) to double check my account has been cancelled with no charges. I was ensured by the CSR for fido IN PERSON, that my account is cancelled and all was ok.
                    YAY, SO... Next month in December... I get an e-mail from Fido (I did Email and online billing ONLY) saying my monthly invoice was available to see... confused... i call FIDO AGAIN, and ask why this has happened. I get informed that it must be a mistake, and it will not happen again, and that I do not owe them Anything. OK. Next month in January it happens again. AGAIN I PHONE FIDO, and say the exact same thing, and am told the exact same thing. I asked them why I even have a file with them anymore, seeing as Im with Rogers, Not Fido, but whatever.
                    NOW, ON MONDAY MARCH 2nd 2009, I GET A CALL FROM RCO COLLECTIONS SAYING I OWE $235 TO FIDO. I say... NO that is a complete mistake. The collections Lady, `JANET` informes me what i need to do is phone fido and see what happened. So then, I PHONE FIDO AGAIN and say why am I in collections... I havent had a phone with you SINCE november and it was canceled and switched for NO CHARGE to ROGERS. The lady named MARLYNE (who actually spoke ENGLISH FOR ONCE) said there was a cancellation charge for me canceling on november. I said no, that is a mistake... explained what I was told, and she said, ok, im going to put you on hold for a moment, and i said ok. At this point I am SO FRUSTERATED WITH MY PAST SERVICE I AM NEVER GOING TO REFER ANYBODY TO FIDO, AND AM TELLING THEM TO SIGN WITH TELUS OR BELL. Marlyne come back onto the phone, and says there has been an `ERROR` on my account. APPARENTLY i was supposed to call Fido, 30 days after I Cancelled my Contract to say I have Signed on with Rogers and NO charges should be made. Hmmm... I seem to recall calling fido to complain in DECEMBER AND JANUARY about receiving invoices and telling them I HAVE SIGNED ONTO ROGERS. Marlyne explained to me this was an error and that the collection is getting REVERSED, and to phone Fido back on Friday March 6th at the very latest to make sure everything was reversed. I was assured that there are going to be NO CHARGES and will probably recieve a rebate because I payed a LAST BILL i was not even supposed to pay, and NONE of this will affect my credit... Because it BETTER ###ING NOT! I said okay, and thanked Marlyne for her patience(and for once) the GOOD customer service. I then phone the RCO collection agency and informed them what was going on, and they said okay to phone them on friday and when Fido does the reversal everything will be okay.

So friday awaits, and everything SHOULD be running smoothly... If not... I AM GOING TO THE MEDIA WITH FIDO AND HOW CRAPPY THE COMPANY IS. IT IS A SCAM AND YOU DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR CUSTOMERS OR THEIR SERVICE. I HAVE FANTASTIC CREDIT, AND HAVE WORKED HARD TO MAINTAIN IT THAT WAY, AND WILL BE IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A HOME LATE THIS YEAR. THERE BETTER NOT BE AN AFFECT ON MY CREDIT BECCAUSE OF STUPID PEOPLE MAKING BIG MISTAKES AND ERRORS SO FIDO CAN SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY AND RUIN THEIR CREDIT. IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOU CANT PROPERLY TRAIN YOUR CSR`S, OR ONLY WANT TO PAY 2$ AN HOUR FOR PEOPLE IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES TO ANSWER CUSTOMERS SERVICE CALLS. IF THIS IS KEPT UP THE WAY FIDO IS BEING RUN, YOU WILL GO BANKRUPT

----------------------------------------

So lets hope this ### dones`t do ANYTHING to my credit, or I am storming in to their office and Vancouver, and giving ###! and not leaving... until everything is fixed... because we all know if can be done with the click of a mouse... too bad they have ### customer service reps working for them they dont know how to work a computer.

Fido Wireless — charged by unawared services

This complaint is for FIDO accountNo [protected] (cell phone No [protected]). 1. When activated this phone...

Mississauga

Fido Solutionsmisrepresently services

I have been lied to and given the wrong information by my service provider. They are only willing to help you before you sign the contract. Afterwards they go out of their way to make sure they get as much money from you as they can. I was overcharged for text messaging even after I requested my package be changed to included unlimited texting. It was only when I checked my bill that I realized that I was charged for extra texting even after the change. I was given no time to raise a concern with the clerk at the kiosk and told that there was nothing I could do except pay or my credit rating would be negatively affected.

• Re
                          Reader Feb 27, 2009

I got same type of charges for some shiittty messaging, which I do not even know for what I am getting. I got two bills of 24 $ and 33 $..

This is pure SCAM by FIDO.

I have wrote to their executive office and they have not responded in last two weeks. You can call Gaetano Di Falco, office of executive on following address.

[protected] ext. 4504 (toll free).

Gaetano Di Falco
                          Attaché, Bureau de la Direction
                          Advisor, Office of the Executive
                          Fido Solutions Inc.

FIDOnonsence internet changes

Stupid fido... I have never used any internet from the cell phone before nor I know how to use it. And then one day! boom! almost $1000 bucks charged on my mobile internet service. I phoned them and asked what happened and the CSR kept on insisting Fido doesnt make mistakes so it must be me trying to avoid paying the service after using it and that I should learn to be more responsible for my cell phone from now on. I cant believe this is what a CSR should say?!??!?!?! Anyone will similar experience?

• Ju
                            Juranny Feb 19, 2009

Hi there, it is happening to me right now. They charged me 300 bucks for internet, I never used it. What are you going to do? I wont pay for something I did not use. Some help please.

• To
                            totrumpet Feb 23, 2009

Yes--I just got off the phone with a CSR who also insists that I purchased two Musictones on my phone. I have had my phone for 5 years, and I have used the same ringtone since the very beginning, one that came with the phone. They insist the transactions are legitimate and that if I didn't purchase them, somebody must have used my phone to do it. Well, they used my phone to purchase musictones and then deleted them?!? The musictones aren't even on my phone--only the charges on my invoice. There are no text message records of the transactions either. Grr...

• Ve
                            Venus Mar 01, 2009

I have also received a bill charging for internet access amounting to 825 when I didn't use it! And the ridiculous thing was, the so called internet access was done when I and my husband were busy packing for his things because he has a flight to catch.
                            And for all these complaints that we have, who will help us? There should be a bill that would punish providers for overcharging their customers!

• Yy
                            [[YY]]2 Mar 18, 2009

It happened to me and I know it happened to other people. $600 in my case, 40$ for my sisters case. 50$ for parents of a friend of mine who would not know how to use the internet.
                            3 from personal accounts.

I think I heard from one of the radio stations that it has been happening frequently.
                            I am curious to what phones you guys have?
                            BTW Their way to handle this is:
                            they will say its your fault blablabla, ignore them
                            first they will be willing to take off 50% of the charges on your bill.
                            DO NOT GIVE IN.
                            Keep your temper, complain. Take your time to complain. be reasonable but keep in mind that what THEY are charging is unreasonable.
                            if you complain long enough, they will say "we can add data plan to your bill (25$) a month to cover for the ridiculous amount that they are charging you." Tell them to BLOCK the internet access of your card (if you don't need data) EVER.
                            If you want to be extra safe, record this conversation that you have with fido for future references.
                            Here, if you have sometime in your hands, keep complaining. They should wave off all the charges for internet. If you are really busy. or maybe ull give in for the $25 for 1 month to wave off that charge and to block the internet.
                            If they ever charge you EVER again for data, take this recording, so you have proof that you already have data blocked off. Worst comes to worst, you have the ability to take them to small claims court for the amounts they say they owe you.
                            KEEP insisting that you DID NOT use the data, your phone CANNOT get access to the internet while on the streets.
                            I think there are A LOT more people with those charges.
                            I am looking into this further and I am thinking of filling complain with regulation agencies or media. A Meanwhile can you guys ask around for other people who have similar experiences? (mobile internet usage overcharge).

• Zo
                            Zombiwoof Mar 18, 2009

You catch a lot more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Once upon a time, I was a csr for Verizon.
                            First - the post from Venus is rubbish.
                            There simply isn't any way to rack up 825 in intenet charges while packing a suitcase.
                            Or 50 suitcases.
                            Having said that - yes - sometimes grossly excessive charges occur.
                            That's the nature of the beast - no billing system is perfect, and relies on human data input. Misconfigure services on an account and the bill gets screwed up.
                            Step 1 to resolve this type of issue is to be reasonable but firm. Also be prepared for the call. Know your plan. Thoroughly and correctly.
                            Step 2 is to gather information. Ask what activity generated the billing. Please keep in mind that most csr's have little technical background, so they aren't given the tools to access the information to tell you what was accessed and when.
                            What you will need to do is demand full records of internet access. Tell them you need to do this to understand what the billing is for.
                            You will be told they don't have this information.
                            This isn't a lie.
                            The csr doesn't have the info, and likely isn't aware of who does.
                            Calmly insist that you either be connected to, or receive a call back, from someone who does have this information.
                            This will require escalation of your issue, and it's quite possible that while they are looking at your account more carefully, they find an error in how it's set up.
                            An example would a smart phone that is normally set up with a data package. Without it, some smart phones would rack up data charges by pinging the data network periodically. If the account is configured without a data package, and someone forgets the network access block, or puts on the wrong one, this can cause extreme data charges.
                            Step 3. Go to a different website. The userbase here is ill qualified to understand, much less diagnose an abnormal billing for internet charges.
                            Instead, go to phonescoop.com, or howardforums.com
                            If you ultimately determine that the problem was a telco error, insist that all charges be waived and the situation corrected.
                            If the error was yours (this includes ignorance of your plan or phone operation) be prepared to negotiate. The strength of your position depends partly on how far up you go before you start negotiating, and partly on your perceived value as a customer.
                            Your value is not just a factor of your average bill, it also includes perceptions of you based on payment history and customer service logs.
                            There are those customers who call in every month to try to dispute valid charges. It's clear who they are. And it's easy to document their behavior in such a way that future csr's will cut them zero slack.
                            Don't be a Dick or a Patsy and you'll find the whole process faster and easier,

• Ad
                            admin May 10, 2009

HI,
                            I just found this company That will help you reduce your bill If Fido refuses. IF you did it and didn't realize it would be that expenssive.(long distance roaming, INTERNET DATA over minutes. etc etc
                            THey bassically negociate for you, know the laws in canada (Including Quebec) and will help you reduce your bill even though Fido, Rogers, Telus, or BELL refuses.

send an email

fido.[protected]@gmail.com

• Tc
                            tcvancouver Jun 11, 2009

FIDO IS SHAMELESS! when I saw this website, I know I'm not alone, they overcharged me everymonth, and never revealed any details to me. I've been dealing with them for 3 months now. My plan is $25 with unlimited incoming and weekends etc, they charge me $80 for access fee. I'm going to make creazy long distance phone calls, and [censored] them off!

• Tl
                            tlmoetl Dec 16, 2010

Fido constantly over charges for all sorts of things and when they are caught they claim it is a 'mistake in the system'.
                            I have been with them for over 6 years and have caught over 50 mistakes totally tens of thousands of dollars. If these were honest mistakes, some of the charges would have been in my favor (meaning under charging me) while others not. But ALL THEIR MISTAKES ARE OVER CHARGING! Clearly these are not honest or innocent mistakes!

FIDOliars

I have a rogers phone which I had hoped to put on a Fido plan. I called Fido and asked if this was possible, the operator readily agreed and stated that in order to do this I would need a Fido SIM card at a cost of $40, he then provided a number of false prepaid plans. I ordered the card and did what I was told to activate the phone. The operator put a dollar on the account to keep it in operation, but when I put the card in the phone there was a subsidy password required. After inquiring of this from Fido they say that the card is useless in that phone and there is no way that it would ever have worked. They will not provide a refund for the card or provide any apology. Big Waste of Time and Money!

• Zo
                              Zombiwoof Mar 18, 2009

If you had competed your contractual obligation rogers, they would remove the subsidy lock.

If it was a prepaid phone through rogers, then the phone stays locked.
                              That's the way it's supposed to be.

• Ad
                              admin May 10, 2009

HI,

send an email

fido.[protected]@gmail.com

Fido Solutions Canadaunsatisfied by cellphone sets

My wife and myself bought two cellphone from fido solutions inc from their store at erinmills town centre, mississauga ontario canada in november of 2008. Since the first week itself the phones do not work properly (all my calls straight away go to missed calls and my wifes phone doesnot display the name of the caller). Initially when we bought these phone, we also renewed our 3 yr contract but in the store that day the person who was helping us told us that if wanted iphones we would have to take internet plan also but on the contary one can buy iphones without internet too. He didnot tell us other options we had and kind of pushed us into buying these crappy phones. I am really dissatisfied by the service of these phone sets and also the service of the store. I have been a loyal fido customer and I have the same plan from nov 2005 that is when this company was introduced. I was really let down by this attitude of the company people.