Having problems with Fido?

Fido reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 19, 2007. The latest review Unlocking a phone. was posted on Sep 20, 2021. The latest complaint Galaxy S20 FE 5G was resolved on Aug 13, 2021. Fido has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 209 reviews. Fido has resolved 162 complaints.

Fido Customer Service Contacts

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fido Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

FIDOno indoor coverage

Question:

Why does your prepaid card read pin # and online it is voucher? Can you be more consistent? Why is it when you make a call indoors I get a message no network service? In case of a indoors emergency I would not be able to call 911 or any other number. (Buyer Beware) Can u take responsibility for no indoor coverage and just get it right? Fido service is useless!! Customer service rep should let customers know that Fido doesn't guarantee indoor calls. If I had known that Fido doesn't guarantee calls indoors I would gone with Bell or TELUS or some other carrier. Why does it take forever to get customer service is it because you have a high volume of dissatisfied customers calling? Definitely the worst service... maybe you should look at your competitors such as Bell & TELUS for future guidance.

Answer from Fido:
Thank you for visiting our website and allowing us the opportunity to assist you. My name is Chloe.
We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction regarding the plans and options Fido offers. Thank you for having taken the time to express your thoughts.

The quality gained from the GSM technology that we are using is a result of a superior frequency level which, on the other hand, is very sensitive to the environment it travels through.

For example in a flat area, the range would be approximately 10 km but in city the range is much smaller and can get as low as 1 km. The proximity to water or mountains (or other obstacles) as well as the season (leaves on trees, for example) can also impact the distance covered by a given coverage site. Some areas are known for having a weak digital signal (ex: basements, commercial buildings and indoor locations) where digital reception cannot be guaranteed.

If you are having reception trouble in a Fido coverage area, we would encourage you to call our customer service number to have a ticket opened with our technicians so that we may have the situation corrected. You will need to supply specific information such as the intersection closest to you, time and day of the reception issue, the number of signal bars indicated on screen, number of battery bars, model of handset, error messages, etc.

Unfortunately technical support is not offered by e-mail. As much as we would like to extend our assistance, we trust that you understand that a diagnosis for your issue is near impossible by e-mail since we are unable to ask questions live. In order to determine the reason for your difficulty, we suggest that you contact customer service at [protected] (FIDO) weekdays from 8 AM to 9 PM and weekends from 9 AM to 5PM. You may reach customer service faster when dialling the menu keys 4-4-1.

Rest assured that we care about our customers. Therefore, in order to provide a fair balance between hardware costs, plans features and add-ons, and customers' advantages we build our services to accommodate both parties. We can simply say that new services are being evaluated on an on-going basis and are launched once they are deemed to be most valuable to our customers.
I can assure you that your comments are taken very seriously. We appreciate every opportunity that is given to us to improve our service and serve you better.

Best regards,
Chloe | Fido Customer Service Representative

FIDO — cheating me on their service

I call Fido and said that I wanted a plan that I can call from Canada to the US...I wasn't given that...

Burnaby

Fido Cell Plansbilling changes

I called Fido today to discover that they have made some changes to how they bill their customers which is from per second billing to per minute billing. This means that if I make a call and it is 2 minutes and 1 second I will now be billed for 3 minutes or 59 seconds I didn't use. This is theft plain and simple. They also informed me that they would be changing their per minute billing charge to .45 a minute from .35 a minute for any calls that go over the plan limit. And this is all after spending millions of dollars telling you that Fido Cares and what great value they offer. Fido does care, not about the customer but their bottom line. And as far as the best value this is simply smoke and mirrors to get you on the hook so that they can overcharge you in someway. How slimy with the result that after being a loyal customer for over 10 years I won't hesitate in dropping them like a dead dog.

FIDOdishonesty

I would like to make people aware of Fido's Dishonesty policy.
      After being a loyal Fido customer for 11 years plus, I had saved over $ 700.00 in Fido Reward Dollars.
      So I went to a Fido Store to uprgade my existing phone.
      I was told by the Fido rep that to use the Fido reward dollars that I would have to
      sign a minimum 2 year contract to claim the reward dollars.

I was upset with this, and will be quitting Fido altogether for there deceptive practice.

• We
          WestCoastLover Jun 26, 2013

Although the policy sucks, I don't see where the dishonesty is unless they told you outright you could use the Fido dollars on your phone without restrictions. Most companies with reward programs place restrictions on the rewards' use and although some of the limits are terrible ideas the fact they exist is not dishonest.

You may also want to try doing it online. I used my Fido dollars to upgrade my phone (the hardware, not my plan), and did so without any hassle.

Fido - Wireless Serviceearly cancellation fee

Under the interbrand migration program between Fido and Rogers, I switched my mobile plan from Fido to Rogers. I was 15 months into a 36 month contract with Fido and was told by Fido's e-chat representative that as long as I was more than 1 year with them and up-to-date in all my bills, they would waive the full early cancellation fee (ECF). When i got my bill, i was charged the full ECF and when I called in, they said I am not eligible since I got an iphone with my Fido contract. I believe that this is unfair as it is not stated anywhere and I was not told that this would be a problem.

• Ro
            rollieo Apr 03, 2013

Paul Vance, I appreciate your candor and the sarcasm too. I do not have a problem with paying an ECF since i "agreed" to a contract. However, i find that the $410 amount is not reasonable. Further, i was told by their representative that as long as I satisfied certain conditions, I would be eligible to be only charged $100 ECF.
            Just to update, the manager called and reduced the ECF to $210. It is better, but I still feel that I was misled.
            Anyway, have a great day!

• Pa
            Paul Vance Apr 03, 2013

How dare they decide to hold you to the terms you agreed to!

FIDOdamaged credit

I was paying for my little sister's phone and when she turned 21 she decided to pay for her own phone bill so we changed the account to be under her name. She had to give 3 pieces of i.d. and all that. When I was the account holder, I paid by pre-authorized credit card so money was automatically deducted every month. When she called to do the switch she told the man she wanted to pay off any leftover amount and was told that her balance was at zero (presumably because I had paid for everything). Two months later I get a call from Fido saying that I have an outstanding balance (I am with Rogers so I knew this could only be about my sister's phone). By the way, they ONLY called when I was at work and as a teacher I can't just pick up the phone whenever I want to so it took a week for them to finally reach me and they did not leave any messages. When I got the call (during my 15 minute recess) I told them I'd call back to settle it. I called, asked if my sister was paying all of her bills and why they were calling me when she was now the account holder. I was ready to pay off anything. They told me there was no outstanding balance anywhere. I asked them to double check everywhere and they assured me that whoever called must have made a mistake. I don't get called for another month.

The next call I get, they tell me that my credit has been damaged because I haven't paid off my outstanding balance. Apparently, when the account changed names, there was an outstanding 2 months that had not been paid(I'm not sure why since I was on pre-authorized chequing). I am livid! I don't understand how they could do this. I was always willing to pay off any bills and so was my sister! When I called to complain, the guy sounded like he didn't care and basically just told me, tough luck, it was my fault for not paying my bills. I've never had any credit issues because I always pay off my bills in time. Fido sucks and their customer service sucks as well!

Fido Expressthe sell of puppies

I was interested in purchasing a dog until I found out about the added fees the shipping company was charging beyond there tip fee. I notified the so called breeder and the shipping company that I was no longer interested in purchasing the puppy do to the additional fees that was not stated on there site. I than began to receive harassing and threatening text messages from the shipping company for about an hour. This has to be a scam if these people got so upset that she felt the need to harass me via text message over a dog and there inconsistencies in there contract. After doing some homework on the company I realized that so many complaints have been filed against this company for sick dogs and the fact that they are a puppy mill so yes i have reported them to the authorities for harassment as well as scam artist. I would not recommend this site or shipping company to any one.

• Ye
                yellow2023 Jan 19, 2013

They are harassing me too but won't stop. If anyone else had this experience contact me
                [email protected]

FIDOfido bills more for no reason

I have been customer of FIDO from last 6 years. We have 2 lines on same account. Called Fido to cancel one of the line on Dec 15, 2011 and they said FIDO requires 30 days notice...so my line will be disconnected on January 15, 2012. Now i received my invoice stating that i will be charged till January 26, 2011 because it is when my billing cycle ends. Called FIDO# 611 and talked to agent named Peter(#838700). He told me that FIDO charges till the end of billing cycle i.e. Jan 26, 2012 even if physically my line is no more in use after Jan 15, 2012. I should have called them on start of billing cycle date i.e. Dec 26, 2012 to cancel to avoid those extra 11 days charges.
              So i told him how about if i add new line today i.e. Jan1, 2012 to existing account whose billing cycle ends on Jan 26, 2012...you won't charge me till Jan 26, 2012 or what??
              He said that if i add new line today then pro-rated system is used by FIDO to bill accordingly but we can't use same pro-rated system for terminating the services and i have to pay till billing cycle ends.
              WTF...
              Even leeches stop sucking blood if they don't require it...but some money leeching people don't stop and have 100 excuses to leech out hard earned money of others.
              Now i am going to pay 11 extra days to FIDO even if i have no working phone connection with me. I know i won't be saving hundreds in 11 days but is there any logic in paying for something which you are not using anymore???

Lesson Learned-
              BE CAREFUL FROM EVERY SERVICE PROVIDER OUT THERE. THEIR SMILING, FRIENDLY TALKS ARE JUST LURING TACTICS AND THEY DON'T GIVE A F*** TO ANYBODY.
              THEIR SOLE PURPOSE IS TO LEECH MONEY AND THEY DO EVERYTHING FOR MONEY.
              If anybody from FIDO is reading this...just comment below for why pro-rated system cannot be used while terminating the services if your condition of 30-days-termination notice has been fulfilled???

Fido Wirelessover charging

had a contract with Fido for three years and it expired Sept 7/11 and I then went on a month to month service. Fido kept phoning me to get me to sign a new contract and I could get a new phone. However Fido did not have a phone I wanted. After being harrassed by Fido sales people I had enough with them and their rudness that I decided to go with another carrier. I asked a Fido customer service rep at the Cottonwood Mall Fido store, if I wanted to cancel service what do I need to do. I was told if I go with someone else they would be able to transfer my phone number and Fido would know my service is no longer with them. I asked if I had to phone and inform them or give them notice and I was told NO.
                I changed carriers and to my shock I got a email stating that I owed money. I went on line and was unable to sign onto my account, I was no longer a customer. I emailed them and asked for them to let me know what I was being billed for. I was told I was being billed for 30 notice I did not give them. I have been with many carriers and never has this happened before. I then phoned there customer support line and was told if mu contract was expired and was month to month I had nothing to do. If I changed carriers the new carrier would inform Fido that the service was no longer required. I am so tired of beign told one thing and them doing another. Has anyone had this happen to them before? Fido keeps telling me that I am a customer until Dec 25, 2011 but yet I cannot access my on line account because I am no longer a customer?

• FidoCedrik Dec 16, 2011

Good morning!

My name is Cédrik from Fido's Social Media team. I'd like to assist you in regards of your issue that you have described here on the Complaint's Board.

When you contact us and request to deactivate completely your service, a 30 days notice applies. For example, today we are December 16th. If you were to call today and request deactivation, your service would remain active until January 15th and, as such, you would remain responsible for any fees and usage done until then.

When you simply transfer your phone number to a different company, your account is cancelled right away however you remain responsible for that 30 days notice period (as mentioned in our terms and conditions, which are available in full on www.fido.ca).

That being said, there could be several factors and before being able to provide you with a definitve answer to your query, I'd have to take a look at your account. While I can't promise anything, I'll see if something can be done as there seemed to be some confusion when you inquired about the deactivation procedure.

I will send you a private message in a few moments.

Until then, I wish you a nice day!

Cédrik @FidoMobile

FIDOunwanted phone bill

respected
                  dear sir/madam
                  i have phone connection 1 1/2 year and half ago, like prepaid connection just 39 for a month . im tired of this fido connection, then i migrate to wind mobile.ca, once i go to other network, i have to clear everything all my previous balance, then only i can get same old # [protected] in wind mobile. so i paid all my dues including closing, but recently i got a call from icor canada harrasing me frequently everyday calls, early in the morning, my blood pleasure goes very high and mentally frustration i have been in hospital, in canada every one knows if u have due, other provider cannot give u a same number, first clear all balance due from old provider fido, then we will give u a new connection in wind mobile, this is what happen. now icor collection agent is asking me to pay 78 $ i said i cant, i paid all my dues why i need to pay, then they ask me atlest pay 50 $, i paid all the due, why i need to pay again, so please take this action against on fido
                  after year and above now again asking money again ?

• RogersKellyF Sep 20, 2011

Hi Srinivas,

Would you mind sending me a message on here so I can look into your account and see what the issue is for you?

Sincerely,
                      [email protected]

FIDO — trying to get refund

I have been in discussions with Fido since about May/2011, my son bought a new phone, so as he is now old...

Chestermere

FIDO — wrongful longdistance charges

So I will add my complaint to the rest. And this is coming from a person who used to love fido. They were so...

London

Fido Phonecheat

Ye Yang account no. [protected], when she lived in Vancouver shortly she reactivated her long term Fido account there but used my mail address in Calgary as friends. After she left there, I got a mail from Total Credit Recovery Ltd saying her owed you the last balance $59.51, case no.8643172. I paid with a cheque as a friend of Ye Yang. Later, I got another mail from Fido saying it was a MISTAKE. Ye Yang indeed paid off the last bill prior to leaving. I called Fido and confirmed this and I was told to wait for the refund. But after half year, I received nothing. I called again and again, but I was told although Fido got the payment twice, Ye Yang but not I had to talk to you directly. It is a very funny excuse, no matter Ye Yang or me, Fido made the mistake and got extra payment, Fido should automatically refund the extra payment I made later back to me. You are not supposed shamelessly rob the former customer. Your customer service is only for selling more but not for resolving. Now, I am sending you an email, but if it is not straighten out soon, I have to deal it more seriously. It is not just about $59.51

Dear Hao Sun,

I would like to thank you for visiting Fido. ca and allowing us the opportunity to assist you. My name is Peterson.

I apologize about this whole situation and the way you now feel about Fido.

Unfortunately, the information provided are correct. We do need to speak or get into contact with the account holder in order to be able to refund the amount.in that case, that is Ye Yang. It is possible for her to contact us by email to complete the request. Also, the amount that will be refunded will be refunded as a cheque. Based on our procedures, that cheque will only be made in the name of the account holder. For that reason we need her to contact us to provide us an address where we can send her the refund.

We are sorry if this doesn’t meet your expectations but this is what has to be done for the refund to be made.

Should you require further assistance for this or any other matter, you may contact customer service:

Peterson,
                    First of all, thanks for your reply. However, you do not get what I am saying here. I already knew your theory, so you do not copy/ paste and reply me this way.
                    1. I am no interested in Ye Yang's account.
                    2. You should not care who contacted you or who didn't contact you or who should contact you. YOU GOT PAID DOUBLE, YOU RETURN ONE OF THE PAYMENTs.
                    3. Technically, You were able to ask for the money, you should able to refund it. You accept Ye Yang's credit card, and then you can refund her back to the card. Same you received my check, so you know my account and deposit back the money.
                    3. No matter Ye Yang or me, you should automatically do the refund thing without asks of either of us. It should been done automatically!!! Automatically with our call at all!!!
                    4.in this case, I am not the account holder. You received money from the "non-holder", so you should refund the money to me!
                    Hao

Fido's customer service is sucks and fake. the call center is a machine for selling and a shield for hiding.

• FidoElise Aug 05, 2011

Hi Hao

I am elise from Fido social media team. Could you please give me your email address so that I can look into this? Thank you

Elise

• Ba
                        babybunnie Jul 17, 2011

Fido has poor service. You bring in your phone for repair and hope it will only take one time to be FIXED! Instead you still have problems and even with changing the SIM card it does no good. It is not the fault of the consumer but the defective phone. The phone (Samsung Gravity T456) has been sent in a few times before and when I got it back there was absolutely no change and returned back as if it was not sent in for repair in the first place! Fido says you have to buy a new phone for it is not their problem but the company who made the phone and they are just the middle person. So what are you (me)? If it was not for the consumers the companies would not even be in business. It is common courtesy to replace the phone if it can't be fixed. Fido should have a contract or agreement with the phone companies that after a certain number of times and the phone is not fixed then they will replace it.

The phone was defective since conception and the consumer should NOT have to pay for a new phone!

• De
                        Decoded Jun 23, 2011

I ordered a cell phone online from Fido, 9 days ago and they still havent even shipped it from the warehouse. I phoned serveral times to cancel the order or atleast pick it up at at fido store, and they allways say theres NOTHING they an do to help untill it arrives at my house. Useless bad customer service. I've had the same number with them for 7 years and they can't help...Think i'll be going to Rogers.

FIDObilling error

It looks like Fido/Rogers has a big problem with their billing software. Every time I changing my monthly plan I'm getting bill with errors. It costs me plenty of time and nervous to solve them and and not always they want to listen you and sometimes calling black as white. So be careful when you changing your Fido plan

FIDOthird party charges

I have a total bill of C$ 325.25 of a Third Party from my FIDO bill. Basically this amount started from May 25 to April 8, 2011 by sending Text message from Mobirok, (Mobirok) 2WayTraffc (METQZ), Mobilie Messenger (Pure Crush), SendMe (Solow), Mobile media Sol (Millionaire Secrets), Fox Mobile (Jamster). They really made good trick fooling us by starting different ways and techniques. Can the government intervine on this case? Were can I file a complaint as a consumer on this matter?

L.WONG Oct 20, 2011

Crystal, have you contact Mike yet, you should, for your own, and other people may have overcharged by Fido.

L.WONG Oct 05, 2011

I got charged from Fido in May for excessive amount. Recently, I received an email from this person from CBC news in Toronto, doing the same topic of ours. I am sending you his contact. You and I and many others should act together with Mike from CBC, to get back the money that was ripoff from Fido and their associates.
                            Please contact this person.
                            ___________________________________________________
                            Hello,
                            I am a reporter with the CBC working on a story about unwanted 3rd party charges to cellphone customers. Your case, as described, fits a pattern we have noticed with FIDO and other wireless companies.
                            We would like to talk to you about your complaint. Please contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks for your help.

Mike Hornbrook
                            CBC News, Toronto

Fido (Cellphones and Contracts)poor customer service

I walk into a Fido store regarding a problem that i have been experiencing for about an year. There was a young lady working at one of the Fido stores located in Newmarket, Ontario. I was in the line to be served next once she was done with the current customer. I was waiting to be called on next till she calls on the person behind me. I was shock and stunned and got confused on why she would do that. Unless she was blind. I thought it was first come, first served. I was waiting in line for about an hour. She seemed so unprofessional. When she was serving me, her concentration was somewhere else. I was suppose to show her the problem that I was encountering in person through my phone but she kept looking away. How could I show her what my problem was if she wasn't paying attention??? It's very frustrating to have people like her working. She needs to be trained properly again and to be able to provide better customer service.

don't*

thayanithy May 06, 2011

hahaha...your work wasnt useful in the first place to me...so don't worry :)
                              Thank you for trying!!!

thayanithy May 06, 2011

oparch...lolll I think you need to get a life thats worth while living!!!

thayanithy May 06, 2011

celestestar, I understand what you are sayin but there shouldn't be any excuses given for a persons mistake or behaviour. She wasn't paying attention to what I was saying and due to lack of concentration...she was lost and confused.

oparcher...I think you should stop your immature ### from making any comments.

thayanithy May 06, 2011

oparcher...thats nice to hear!!!
                              celestestar...welll I guess she has problems in her job description!

thayanithy May 06, 2011

Maybe because she was confused at the end on what I said. I know what mulitask is...but do you know what excellent customer service is????

thayanithy May 06, 2011

Im sorry if you got offended in any way!!!

FIDOroaming charges

In March I went on a short holiday to Mexico, Puerto Vallarta. I took my iPhone with me and before leaving purchased an option that would provide cheaper calls. As a precautionary measure, I turned data roaming off before leaving Canada. In addition to having data roaming turned off, the phone was turned off. On two occasions I tried to get onto the hotels free wi fi. A total waste of time, the iPhone wouldn't pick up anything! I turned data off and the phone off and left the phone in my rooms safe deposit box, turned off. Recently Fido have contacted me to inform me that I owe $560.00 for data roaming. The first time I was called I explained that the phone was turned off for almost the total duration of my vacation. The CSR said don't worry Sir we get these complaints all the time, the iPhone tends to pick up data easily. She added that it would be investigated. I have since received more calls and texts from Fido requesting their $560.00 for data downloads while I was away. In simple terms, the iPhone didn't work while in Mexico, so it was left turned off, both data and the phone. During the week I was away, it couldn't have been on for more than 5 minutes and of course it didn't work! I have told Fido that if they persist with this attempt to extort me that I will no longer continue to use their service. Of course I'll be stung for prematurely ending the contract and I don't want a mark against my credit worthiness. However, I will still do it on principle.

Other than approach the Better Business Bureau, which reading other complaints, isn't that effective with Fido, it's difficult to see how to get any sort of justice. The whole data roaming thing is a license to print money, and a lot of it. If you have an iPhone, there aren't too many services you can use in Canada. All useful suggestions welcome.

• Mo
                                Moti123 May 30, 2013

In April 2013 my wife went for a month to Philippine. I contact Fido (my service provider of 2 cellphones for many years) and I purchased a rooming service for $90+ (which is additional to the $70.00 monthly plan which obviously will not be used). Since I was worry about over the limits use or other potential charges…. I asked to disconnect all services over the plan and also disconnect the service when its over the $90 plan
                                Fido representative told me the following
                                1. I can check the usage of the plan online
                                2. Fido will send me a warning message when I use 70% of the plan
                                3. He will leave a note in my file regarding the other charges …
                                I checked few time my wife cell usage and when she returns to Canada the total used was less than 50% of the purchased plan
                                A week later I received an invoice from Fido in amount of $1, 000.00+ for my wife cell rooming data
                                My wife told me that she did not used the internet at all, she also closed all potential programs (i.e. Skype etc.) and most of her visits in Philippine, was in a place that doesn't have internet connection.
                                I called to Fido and they told me: when she used the phone (for the purchase plan), the cell phone received emails, check for whether report and other online programs etc. and they cannot control ...
                                I told them that I specific ask to eliminate any service over the purchase plan etc…
                                I had option to purchase one month cell phone service in Philippine for $20-$50 and terminate Fido service for a month which also would save me $50+
                                I choose to use $90 Fido service since it look more convenience and I trusted that $90 is my fixed cost
                                Additionally, If I can purchase phone service with data for $20-$50 in Philippine, I am sure that Fido pay much less for the alleged rooming data used!!! This is a legal scam to charge $1, 000.00+ for $20 cost
                                I wonder if it is possible to sue Fido in small court

FIDOthirdparty charges

I received my cell phone april bill, surprisingly, there are charges of 4 companies, that i never been contact with for any reasons. The bill came to almost $ 180. 00. I am shocked, and have phone fido to ask what is the meaning of thirdparty charges for premium texts, the representative said i have to contact these companies to unsubscribe my cell from it. I never subscribe them initially, why i have to phone them to unsubscribe? Fido did not do anything to protect their customer from these scammers. I felt i got ripoff by them and fido. What can be done? Will there is any answer to this matter? Thanks, l. Huyn

RESOLVED

• Fido's response · Apr 16, 2015

Hi DAYENE!

Fido's Social Media team here.

Did you contact us to cancel your services since you couldn't use the phone? Feel free to contact us on Twitter (@FidoSolutions) or through Facebook PM and we will be glad to address your billing concerns.

Thanks!

• Da
                                  DAYENE Apr 10, 2015

I purchased a Fido phone last summer ... the service was limited . This means I had zero service at my work place or my residence ! Occasionally when I was in your service range my cell would go off like the 4th of July and all the missed contacts would go through from the days past. Many of the voice messages were from Fido sharing my information with scam calls from the US ... I GOT THE PHONE FOR FAMILY AND IMPORTANT PERSONAL CONTACTS AND WAS NOT ABLE TO US IT IN THAT CONTEXT... My service was suspended in Jan. for a late payment and has not been in use since, I have recently been sent a bill for just under $ 400.00 and am pretty sure there have been regulations to stop this from happening . FIDO you need to snap out of it, your cheap service and none english representatives are a nightmare and as far as I am concerned you owe me .

L.WONG May 10, 2011

I personally think Fido has given my cellular numbers to these Companies, such as Mobirok, etc. Otherwise, they would not
                                  know my numbers. These companies I have never contact for any reasons. I only use my cell phone as a phone, and don't even know how to text. I have contact Fido and they response that I have to contact these companies to get unsubscribe from their list, which I haven't subscribe initially. I phoned them, they refuse to reimburse my charges. I will pursue class actions that I can find, and sue Fido for tamper my privacy in releasing my numbers to all of these Scamers companies, whose has
                                  charges me for all of the nonsenses texts they send. Fido should have known that in sharing my cell numbers to third party
                                  without my consent is violating the Privacy Act in Canada.

• Ro
                                  Rogers_Chris May 04, 2011

Hi,

This is Chris at Fido. I'd like to help clarify how you should proceed:

Sending "STOP" will stop incoming messages from specific provider sending you these messages, and you will receive an SMS confirming cancellation.

You should contact the Content Provider for any disputes or issues with the service. Short Code text messages are ALWAYS charged pay-per-use. They are not included in text messaging packages.

Feel free to contact us on Twitter @Fidomobile if you'd like to discuss.

Best,
                                  Chris @Fidomobile

FIDOcustomer service

I am appalled by how I was treated by customer service. I am surprised they even have a cust9omer service line when they are incapable of offering customer service to their clients. I have been a client with multiple lines for many years. I am ready to switch mobile companies. Let's just say, they are extremely nice at first, to lure you in a 3 year contract. After they have you locked in a contract, they dismiss you and are rude. I talked to 3 different representatives in the last hour and not one of them were respectful or kind in any manner. They kept on talking on top of me, raising their voices, and making me feel like i do not know better. They pulled out false information and I caught them on that. I can go on and on about how unfair and unjust FIDO customer service representatives are, but I will let other people have their turn. FIDO either needs to hire a new customer service team because one cannot simply train their representatives how to be nice and respectful.

Fido Company, BCshould I pay my fido bill?

Should I pay for my fido bill?? My story start when I use instance message without knowing it would charged from febuary. At the march 4 I didnt recieved any bill form fido yet. I was so busy to check it out and then I receive my invoice on april. Telling me that I have 740 dollar to pay for 2 months because of that instance message is charged! I was calling for fido and complain for long period of time and then they said they would take 50% off form my seccond bill if I pay the first bill. Now I did pay the first bill (269 dollars) but then they still not take 50% off for my seccond bill! Should I not pay the company? This is so suck! I was keeping my promised and they didnt

Im a new imigrant so I dont know if I just dont pay and leave fido. Is that going to make my credit wrose for apply for any goverment help? We are applying for bc housing now.

• Do
                                      doremomo Apr 18, 2011

• Ox
                                      oxjr Apr 17, 2011

You have to pay first and dispute after. It is better to protect your credit first and then go after a refund for charges. Get a friend who speaks perfect English to help you when you call fido, but in the meantime pay off the debt.

I was ripped off by Telus and refused to pay and they sent me to collections and really messed up my credit. I should have payed first and then taken them to small claims to fix my bill.