Having problems with Fido?

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved boycott fido!

Consumers Beware: Boycott Fido!~ Please welcome to comment, vent your anger on that page on your poor and nasty treatment by Fido, Spread the word around throughout Canada and the world
in the internet so that it will go bankrupt, its reputation tarnished and learns its lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. Sometimes it take a bit of courage
to push those companies to change their nasty habits and thinking as well as their systems and marketing philosophies... Good Luck!!

• Sp
    speakout22 Dec 10, 2008

I experienced the same poor treatment Fido dishes out at their customers. If you too have decided to boycott Fido then please go on that page and comment on your negative treatment. Let's make sure that they KNOW they can't treat people like this without reprecussions.

notsostupid Jan 11, 2009

The way to boycott is by stop using their service...every person is a different customer and have different issues... We all understand things differently.

• Re
    Reader Feb 27, 2009

I got same type of charges for some shiittty messaging, which I do not even know for what I am getting. I got two bills of 24 $ and 33 $..

This is pure SCAM by FIDO.

I have wrote to their executive office and they have not responded in last two weeks. You can call Gaetano Di Falco, office of executive on following address.

1-866-397-3436 ext. 4504 (toll free).

Gaetano Di Falco
    Attaché, Bureau de la Direction
    Advisor, Office of the Executive
    Fido Solutions Inc.

Kev Mar 12, 2009

As a matter of fact, I have already unlocked my Fido cellphones by myself (Yay!!) and I shall do more. (Tip: Your Fido phones are, sadly locked can use with this or Rogers carrier only, I heard in AT&T from the States if you ask their customer support nicely by making some excuses like you are going on a trip to Europe...
    they will give you the unlock code to the unlock your branded cellphone
    so you can use it in any country. Wow Fido is not this
    My next goal is flashing the original firmware (without Fido logo or its internet options on it of course)
    This is already one form of protest.. I know that this can be a breach of contract or illegal.. BUT I don't care about Fido anymore nor I am going to use their services as they cheat, swindle us poor customers for their pleasure and advantage, its their fault.
    Why should I honour the contract when they failed to deliver what the customer wanted, and always
    cheat, nickel and dime poor customers even in times of economic difficulty?
    Why the Canadian government support the cruel behaviours of the monopoly companies like the Big three Rogers, Telus and Fido?
    Also, I find it very interesting that only Canada and the UK sells locked phones such as the Blackberry instead of unlocked ones? is this kind of manipulation on the customer and insult on the customers intelligence?
    Do you know in the Far East, you can buy the original unlocked cellphones like the Blackberry and Sony Ericssons for a relative cheaper price compare to the rip off deals by those phone carriers in Canada. One day Fido shall learn its tough lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. They shall be bankrupt.
    If you have a Fido/Rogers phone, you have two choices, either immediately cancel it (without paying any crazy ECF), or unlock it.
    Do NOT, I repeat do not ever do business with this unethical company..unless you wanted to get a high blood pressure. Canadians (expecially those who had been victims by Fido), We must speak up for the sake of a better tommorow for everybody.

• Ad
    admin May 10, 2009

HI,
    I just found this company That will help you reduce your bill If Fido refuses. IF you did it and didn't realize it would be that expenssive.(long distance roaming, INTERNET DATA over minutes. etc etc
    THey bassically negociate for you, know the laws in canada (Including Quebec) and will help you reduce your bill even though Fido, Rogers, Telus, or BELL refuses.

send an email

[email protected]

• Ri
    RICHARD HOOVER Jun 02, 2010

Fido serviced my cell phone and deleted five years of business and personal contact numbers, half are private and cant be found in Europe especially with ethnic names I cant remember, , but I coded them in first names and places marked, , , my cell I do it my way. They deleted 153 numbers because the sales person pushed the buttons on my pad like it were some toy and made a gross negligent error or did it for fun, Hoew do I know ?
    They offered me a hudred bucks credit, , , wow five years of my work and contacts i made flying 16 times to Europe and back to Toronto, , , thousands and thousands spent, , , im worth only a faction on a credit.

I SAY, , FIDO THROW YOUR IMAGE OF THE NICE DOGGY A CHEAP BONE, , , iM A PITBULL AND I WANT THE STEAK ! i WORKED FOR IT! i WILL BITE YOUR [censor] TILL HELL FREEZES OVER IN COURT, , , YOUR LIABILITY IS NOT WRITTEN TO OVER RIDE THE LAW, , , AND IF THE LAW ALLOWS IT THEN YOUR SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED, , , , AND THAT CALLS FOR RE EVALUATION OF OUR LEGISLATION IN ONTARIO AND FEDERAL LAWS !

A DAVID AND GOLIATH STORY DUDES, , , , JUMP ON BOARD TO THE FREEDOM TRAIN AND LETS KICKTHEIR [censor] AND CALL FOR RESPECT AND DIGNITIES MET WITH RESPECT, , , NOT ABUSE LIKE SHEEP PUT OUT TO SLAUGHTER! WERE NUMBERS THATS IT! WE LIVE IN THEIR REALM AND FANCY OURSELVES AS PRIVELEDGED CELL PHONE YUPPIES AND COOL INDIVIDUALS WHATEVER YOUR POSE MAY BE, , , , , WAKE UP AND BE A SOMEBODY MY MA ALWAYS SAID ! tHATS WHY THEY EAT AT THEIR CAFES AND RESTURANTS AND HANG OUT AT THE ELITE CLUBS, , , THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOVE US THE AVERAGE GOE, , , , BULL WE ARE EQUAL CANADIANS, , , GOT THAT FIDO, , , ROGERS, , , CANADA, , , , YEAH CANADA YOUR SLIPPING DOWN WITH THE SLEEZE SLUMMING CAPITALIST PIGS THAT DONT RESPECT TRUE ETHICAL CAPITALISM. tHEY ARE AS BAD AS ANY COMMUNIST, AT LEAST COMMIES GAVE IT TO YOU STRAIGHT, , , FIDO PLAYS WORD GAMES AND HIDES BEHIND THEIR UNDERWRITERS WORDS OF SCREENING OUT ALL LIABILITIES THAT FIDO IS NEGLIGENT OF, , , WHO PAYS WHO OFF TO GET AWAY WITH THIS SLIME WE ARE SUPPOSE TO EAT ?

IM NOT EATING IT, , , , BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES, , , ? THATS HOW PEOPLE WERE DECIEVED BY HITLER AND STALIN ETC. WINDOW DRESSING IS THEIR GAME TO LURE YOU IN, , , SAME OLD TRICKS WITH A CREAMY COATING ON THEIR ADVERTISMENTS, , , , MAN WE LIKE THE CREAM I SEE ! MAKES YOU FAT AND LATHARGIC AND DUMB LIKE A COW, , , WAKE UP BITE THEIR [censor] NOT THE GRASS! PIT BULL, , , AGAINST PITBULL, , BUT ONE IS GLORIOUS AND GOOD, , , , US!

X CUSTOMER RICHARD !

• Er
    Erika Kalou Dec 12, 2010

Fido was one of the best network in Canada untill Rogers got their stinking hands on. They came in with their greed and rip off. Rip off? No, actually that is stealing from millions of poor Canadians with high prices, hidden costs and inexplicable charges. I am changing today.
    BOYCOTT FIDO!!!

• De
    DeeJay Alex Jul 20, 2016

my conversation with FIDO

Back a few months I went to renew my contract, and purchase a new phone. While going through this process, I was being upsold a new tablet. LG tablet. The sales person was quite aggressive as I did not really need the tablet. I had an Ipad at home. Being persistent she said its only $10 per month. To move on I asked, can I tether my data to this tablet, and she said its ok... saying you have so much on your data plan you wouldnt need to add data. I said that as long as its only $10 bucks a month then to go ahead and sell me the tablet. Its a terrible tablet.
    9:19am
    Alex
    Everything was fine, until 2 months ago, I started seeing an additional charge of charge of $10 for data. Something I did not ask for. Right away I called your CSR and was told that in order to maintain my easy payment, I had to have the data plan. I said this was not what I was told and asked to remove the $10. Sorry, they said, I cannot do that. I was then transferred to a customer care specialist and after a 1 hour conversation, was told that this charge will be removed. I told her that if this charge goes back on my account next month, I will cancel my service.
    9:20am
    Alex
    She proceeded to tell me that this $10 is so unnecessary and a waste of money. Its not worth having. This coming from a customer care specialist. I agreed. I use the table maybe once a month for a game, because it is slow, and useless.
    She said she would keep an eye on my account in the event that this charge would return... sure enough it did.
    I contacted your CSR department again, and after explaining my issue, I asked, is this how a 20 year customer should be treated... and the response was, "well, I guess so"
    That was the last straw...there was no attempt to make it right, now alternative solution, just "would you like to cancel now?"
    Read your contract, was the final quote. I dont reacall signing anything that states data...
    it was time for me to go... this issue has been riddled with lies, disrespect, and manipulating. Something I would have never expected with FIDO... but then i realized, hey, this is Rogers... of course I should expect it.
    9:34am
    Fido
    I'm really sorry about the experience you had Alex.
    Have you been able to review your agreement yet though? You will see the details of your data plan as well as the details of the easy pay.
    I can completely understand how frustrating this can be but unfortunately we can't have an active Easy Pay without an active monthly Plan.
    Our cheapest data plan is the $10 one but we also have a $15 option. By having the data plan active, you were able to get the tablet on a monthly payment basis.
    The tablet can be kept to be used only with tethering or WIFI as long as it is purshased outright.
    I'll make sure to follow up with the person you spoke to in June about removing the plan to make sure they have the right information and this doesn't happen again.
    Sorry again about what happened. I'll be available if you need me.
    -Alyson
    9:38am
    Alex
    I don't give a damn about the contract... that is not what I was told or sold... What was done was being tricked into this damn contract... I was assure when I signed up for the tablet, that this would not happen. This is lies, manipulation and in my opinion illegal. Its B.S. like this that infuriates me. A crappy tablet, with overpriced data and pathetic service on all levels. Even this conversation is wasting my time. I will be taking this up with CRTC or whomever will listen. You folks keep plugging this contract, when I was told verbally by two different people that this is wrong. Such a pathetic company.
    9:40am
    Alex
    Had I know all of this ###, I would not have purchased this tablet. I was dupped and ripped off.
    This is how your company works, like a cheap used car dealership...then I want nothing to do with it.
    With all the lies and misleading information, you think that at least I could either return the tablet, or your company would have done something to make it right. But all i get is this blah blah blah - no wonder so much hate for FIDO.
    9:51am
    Fido
    I'm really sorry to read you feel this way and it's unfortunate if there was any misunderstanding in how the agreement, plan and easy pay work. The details you were given above are all accurate and also as stated on the agreement. If you have any other question, we're making ourselves avaialble.
    Thanks,
    -Alyson

Resolved bad and very rude customer service disrespectful

I once went to pay my invoice at the Fido store, I waited in line for so long, when it was my turn the...

Resolved cheating and false promises

The truth is fido will grab every dollar.. Nickel and dime you with every opportunity they can get.. So don't...

Resolved stolen iphone

If you own an iPhone be careful not to lose it or in my case have it stolen. Fido will not replace that phone...

sweepstakes took money no prize

I was sent a check for $4, 293.78 US dollars and I was asked to send $2, 800 back for taxes. Ultimately I would receive a check for $180, 000 dollars. I opened up a checking account so I would not link this check to my personal account. I was told to call first. I did and spoke with a Peters Jacob [protected]. I told him I would send the money when the check cleared. He advised me that the contest entry date was upcoming and I had to reply immediately to recieve the money. I reluctantly sent have of the $2, 800 via Western Union to a Patricia Newtons, whom I was told was with the Federal Govt and this money was for taxes.in the end, the check that was sent to me was fraudulent. I was in contact with Jacob and he told me that this was because their banking accounts were illegally accessed. He said he put in a claim to refund my money. I called him every week and he had a different story as to why my money was not returned. He did say it was approved and pending. Now I call the number and I get a recording stating the customer I am calling is unavailable. This all started mid October. I am at a loss of what to do.in hindsight I see how stupid it was to get involved. I am now out.$1, 400.00. If anyone can help me, please let me know.

• Th
    the great kazoo Aug 14, 2009

Really? You bought that scam? Sorry, that has nothing to do with FIDO, and your money is gone. If you send money via Western Union you should remember two things. The firs tis that it's probably a scam, no legitimate company uses WU to process funds. The second is that, once the money has been picked up at WU, it is GONE. You cannot find it, trace it, or retrieve it.

fraudulent services

I am very upset at Fido.
I've just been through a series of endless telephone calls and I am totally disgusted.
I feel I have been made a fool and trapped into charges I specifically tried to avoid.

Like many other Canadians, I was lusting after the iphone but found it too expensive and the internet package over priced.

A Fido agent called me asking about my customer's satifaction and I told him about how I felt about the new iphone packages.

He offered me a great deal on the phone by using my Fido dollars, getting me to agree to a 3 year contract, and signing up to a monthly plan.
Ok, great so far I said but what are monthly fees going to be? I was not interested in being caught paying higher charges and absolutely did not want the internet roaming package from Fido. I just wanted to be able to connect to a WIFI network. The Fido representative said this would be no problem. Just don't subscribe to the internet package and you won't be charged. Sounded like a great deal so I said yes and agreed to the 3 year contract.

But since having received my iphone, I have been battling and battling with the billing department at Fido.

1st, I could not understand why I was charged approximately 80$ more than promised for the purchase of the phone. After calling and complaining I was than given a credit of 17$ plus an additional 56$.

The second bill came through but the 56$ was not yet credited and there was an astronomical roaming internet charge on top of it...
I was then again promised the 56$ credit for the following month but the internet charges were not removed! ... Apparently I was supposed to know that my phone was connecting automatically to Fido's internet service and not to my home WIFI when at home. I was also supposed to know that I had to call Fido and make sure my phone was disconnected from their internet network, although I specifically requested NOT to have that connection.
Apparently, Once the phone was delivered and I had phone in hand. I was supposed to contact Fido and tell them again to block my internet service. I was never informed of this when I first ordered the phone and there wasn't any notice when I receive th phone either.

In my last conversation, one of the customer service agent actually informed me that Apple asks Fido not to inform its clients from the blocking possibility and conditions of the internet service. Why? This apparently disadventage Apple.

So what about disadventaging your customers Fido???? We are the ones who end up paying and stupidly have registered for 3 dawn years of dishonest services!!!
Fido does not want to credit me the internet connection done without my knowledge, dispite te fact I refused them from the moment I registered and ordered my iphone.
I am outraged by the whole sour deal here and feel taken for an idiot.
I can only tell you DO NOT REGISTER WITH FIDO IT IS A SCAM!!!

notsostupid Jan 11, 2009

Im sorry to say this but, yu got what you deserved.
    If you were more careful when buying stuff or registering for a product or service you might understand better that is our fault (I mean US as cutomers)...we dont read the fine prints, we dont really know how technology works and we just want to get the latest, coolest gadgets. Why you want to buy an IPHONE and stupidly ask for no INTERNET plan...who does that?, is like buying a car and not purchasing an insurance.
    You see people out there buying routers or bluetooths, but wrongly protecting the access and... what happens?? charges appear!... someone else could use that connection (How many of us have been able to connect WI-FI without the owners knowledge on the streets, coffee places, even at home...?)
    I agree that we are not the only ones learning by making mistakes, but I feel sorry for those people working at Customer Service and trying to resolve the situation for a stupid Customer that thought he was smarter and benefited from a service due to his ignorance!. Be honest, do research, get information and pay for what you use, that is the only thing fair to do!
    We must complain when something is wrong (unfair) and try to corrected or resolve it, How can you say is a SCAM?We are all humans (employees, customers) and we all make mistakes... but IGNORANCE is not an excuse and there is much to learn.

KeptUnknown Mar 12, 2009

I stand neutral for both posts from above. both are correct in their own way.

My friend also got nailed by getting billed a total of 400$ with rogers due to his iphone roaming charges. But that didn't stop me from getting an iPhone.

What i did was once i got a new plan finalized, i asked them to block the internet connection for rogers network and block for the iphone usage. When i got the iphone, i called back once again to confirm that i have both blocked. So far its been almost 1 month and i'll wait to see if my bill is charged but i think i won't be because from the iphone, you can turn off; 3G, EDGE, data roaming and also WiFi networks. As long as u have DATA ROAMING turned off, it shouldn't be a problem.

I been through quite some time to get my new plan today without the stupid data plan that would lead to 60$ a month after tax. All i have right now is a total of 39.01 Tax-included and i paid 200$ for the iphone.

The next time if anything happens, billing or anything, just mention that you'll refer to or consult ""CRTC"" (search it up if need to) about the problem your having. It's basically the parent of all the wireless phone service providers out there. Once you mention this they should automatically listen to all your concerns and will fix anything if possible. Thats what my friend did and he got his 400$ back and gave him a bonus of free network calling.

Kev Mar 12, 2009

It is a SCAM.. I already distrust Fido. They have already lost credibility and consumer confidence..
    As a matter of fact, I have already unlocked my Fido cellphones by myself (Yay!!) and I shall do more. (Tip: Your Fido phones are, sadly locked so can only use with this or Rogers carriers, which means if you attempt to use another carrier SIM card from another country when you're outside Canada. it will prompt you to "insert SIM" I heard from AT&T user in the States if you ask their customer support nicely by making some excuses like you are going on a trip to Europe...
    they will give you the unlock code to the unlock your branded cellphone
    so you can use it in any country. Wow Fido wouldn’t even have been so courteous.
    cheat, nickel and dime poor customers even in times of economic difficulty?
    Why the Canadian government support the cruel and bullish behaviours of the monopoly companies like the Big three Rogers, Telus and Fido?
    Also, I find it very interesting that only Canada and the UK sells locked phones such as the Blackberry, iPhone instead of unlocked ones? is this kind of manipulation on the customer and insult on the customers intelligence?
    Do you know in the Far East, you can buy the original unlocked cellphones like the Blackberry and Sony Ericssons for a relative cheaper price..
    compare to the rip off deals by those phone carriers in Canada. . Whats more, you don't have to worry about getting stuck to one carrier because you are given the choice of Locked or Unlocked phone by the retailers (talking about customer protection) (now beat that Fido!)
    If you have a Fido/Rogers phone, you have two choices, either immediately cancel it (without paying any crazy ECF), or just unlock it. (or get a experience tech to unlock it for you for a small fee)
    Do NOT, I repeat do not ever deal with this unethical company..unless you wanted to get a high blood pressure. Canadians (expecially those who had been victims by Fido), We must speak up for the sake of a better tommorow for everybody.

took $1,400 from me for sweepstakes. will not return money despite numerous promises

I received a check in the mail for$4, 293.78. I was advised to deposit it and send $1, 200 dollars for taxes. Then the check could be cashed and subsequently I would receive another cashiers check for $180, 00. I opened a new account with the check. I was going to wait for it to clear to send the company the money, but I was told it had to be sent right away contest was ending. I have been speaking to a man named Peters Jacob at [protected] and he said he would return the money. He went on to say that someone accessed their back account and tampered with their funds. I need the money back desperately. I have been calling him every week. The last time I spoke with him on 11-4-08 he said the refund was approved and was in the "final Stage" and that he would call me with tracking number for Western Union. I have not been able to contact him this week. Is there any one who could assist me?

jo Nov 18, 2008

I am sorry that I am not able to help you but I would like to thank you for your posting, I recieved the same letter that you received and I also called the same man Peters Jacob at 1-416-830-5684 and talked to him today. He told me exactly the same thing as he told you. But I was skeptical about it, therefore I went on the internet to find out about his buiness. But I found 2 posting that warned me against this. So, I really appreciate your writing.
    Jo

lied to about ipone delivery

Was repeatedly told the iPone I ordered would ship, in one week, then next in two weeks. It's now been 2 months since the order, and when I called to get an update I was told they never tried to track down the shipment, and now I have to wait another 14 days for them to track it down. I've called 5 times and spent 2 hours tryng to get this fixed and am now ready to examine my legal options.

not willing to find grey area

Hello... my name is jen. Let me start by giving a little bit of history to you. My dad was a top sales rep in ontario, so indeed he relied 100% on his cell phone. Well, some bad luck hit and his health took a massive turn for the worst. He was approved for long term disability, however to keep him on the company cell phone plan was cut off, as he would no longer be in contact with his customers. As, normally in a situation like this another rep takes over the area. As anyone with a cell phone can understand is trying to live without one is not a thought many of us could bear to think of, let alone actually do it. I thought I would do a nice thing and buy my dad a Fido pre-paid cell phone. Well, then for the convenince of it my mom put down her credit card number and it was being loaded with 10$ per month. As you could imagine, the phone was not being used as his health continued to deterreoate, including lungs, kidneys, heart, bones, brain blood... basically everything inside has something wrong with it. We have spent so much time with doctors and specialists admitting him to hospital more than once, thought he was going to die a few times that we never thought of the cell phone. It was not a very important thing at the time (understandable?? right)
I called fido on October 10th, 2008 and spoke to a rep Danny and his supervisor Gabrielle. I really didn't get anywhere other than him telling me that he could add 6months onto my pre-paid plan so it would give time to use up the money~! I really don't see how this is a suitable resolution in my particualr situation, as a perfect indicator to the future is the past. Seeing as though the phone has not been used since it was activated is to me a strong indication that giving me 6 months to use up the money accumulated is really an insult. I have a contract phone and so does my mom. My dad does not leave the house and no one calls on the cell phone let alone the house phone. As we all know when times get rough people whom you thought were your friends often run for the hills. Well that's what happened. Now I understand that pre-paid cards are not refundable. And I also understand that this is not Fido's "problem" or "their fault" at all. However I was expecting them to help me out in this particular situation, as I feel it is a unique one. I have a $150.00 credit sitting on the phone, which is cancelled as we speak and I am really only looking to settle with maybe half. I really thought Fido was a large enough complany that cared about their clientelle and are looking to keep customers. I have been rudly awakened. Can you please look into this and see what can be done, as I know that there is black, white but there is ALWAYS GREY!!! I am expecting a resolution to this issue, promptly. Please email me at [protected]@rogers.com

Resolved boycott fido

Here is an email I have sent them on their fido website several times which explains exactly what they have...

loyalty dollars

I used fido dollars to purchase a headset fido sent me a confirmation letter debiting my fido money and advising me that the item would be sent between 5-10 days this took place on 28th june, the fido dollars are awarded to customers who use and keep there accounts up to date. After ordering the confirmed item
I changed my service to another company, I was told I would not get the item as it is only for loyal customers, I was loyal to fido for over 10 years. I was under the impression the fido dollars I received from them was for loyalty. So beware. Total value of the item at fidos retail listed as $100 mike

• Ed
    Eduard Sep 30, 2008

I did practically the same thing. I ordered some headsets on August 22, 2008 using my FIDO rewards dollars and a credit card to pay the difference for what the reward dollars didn't cover. I was told that they should arrive in five business days, but at worst by September 12, 2008. I asked what would happen if I changed to another service provider in the next few days or weeks? I was told that my headsets would still come as I had ordered them as a customer.
    My cell number was ported over to another mobile cell company August 27, 2008. By September 15, 2008 I hadn't received the headsets. I called FIDO to ask where they were. I was told they were on order and they should be arriving any day, but that a trace would be sent to see where they were and if they had not gone out they would send them out within five days, but again at worst by September 29, 2008.
    Today September 30, 2008, I call and was told by the customer service rep and subsequently this person’s supervisor (Teresa) this "You are not a customer of FIDO therefore we do not reward people who are not customers so you are not entitled to the headsets". Wait a minute I was a customer for nearly 4 years and ordered the headsets and paid the difference with a credit card while I was a customer, the transaction was valid one. "You are not a customer; we do not reward people who leave FIDO".
    So, long story short. 1. Being a paying customer does not mean FIDO will honour your use of your reward dollars while a FIDO customer. 2. Apparently FIDO expects that whatever you use the rewards dollars on you must expect to have the product in hand before you change service providers (what if your item is back ordered, held up somehow, or anything else that might prevent the item actually reaching you and it is possible for this to happen and be longer than a month, well wait until you get it before changing otherwise "You are not a customer; we do not reward people who leave FIDO").
    I found the customer service condescending and their attitude quite maddening, very maddening. It would take a lot for me to consider ever going back to FIDO or mother company Rogers.

john Jan 01, 2009

I have been with fido for over 10 years, almost left them in 2006 cause they wanted $100 for a new razor while i could
    get that same razor in the kiosk for $25 with a new plan.Anyway to make a long story short, their csr sucks and i must
    admit that after my contract is over, i will have to say ASTALA VISLA fido and by then telus will have their 4g ready.
    i'm a very pissed off customer, i will have to say fido is the suckiest customer service i ever
    dealt with. so if you don't mind waiting for a couple of hours before u can get thru their customer service and listen
    to their rudeness or you are on your own then you can go for it.
    so in other words STAY AWAY FROM FIDO OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.
    Before the contract is signed, they can be the nicest customer service you are dealing with butAs soon as you sign the contract with them, you are a nobody my friend .
    The most ridiculous thing i saw on the net PRAISE about their service as outstanding.you have been warned.good luck

• Ad
    admin May 10, 2009

HI,

send an email

[email protected]

new subscription

This is a copy of the letter which I sent fido in regards to treatment of a new subscriber! Good day I am...

service and unautorized charges

Fido has been a disappointment from the start. Their fees have increased without notice, services are extremely difficult to access and only pre-authorized payments are allowed on a pay as you go program (unless you are prepare to pay every month on a fix date with the threat of being discontinued every time). There are no programs that allow you to apply credit to your account, which can be used over the course of several months. The worse came once I stop using the phone. Fido kept taking payments off my credit cards for months. The only way I could solve the problem is by canceling my credit card number. Of course I was given the run around (by design?!!) when I ask to make an official complain. I do not recommend Fido to my worst enemies.

Renée

billing fraud

Constant overbilling by Fido Solutions... when I call to get the billing 'oversights' rectified, am assured...

Resolved cheating and wrong promises.

I am using Fido mobile phone services since more than last 2 years. I have been screwed couple of times by...