Having problems with Fido?

Fido Customer Service Contacts

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

FIDO — fraud

Fido Solutions is the company i had a contract for 2 years and they are such a big cheat. They have charged...

Brantford

Fido Solutions Incbad service

My experience with Fido will lead me to never do business with them again. If you choose to use their services, here is some advice:

1. Get written confirmation of any contractual changes agreed on any phone call.
2. If this is not possible, record your phone call.
3. If this is not possible follow up with a letter confirming the details agreed, requiring a receipt to ensure they have received it, and making it clear this is now your understanding of the contract unless Fido informs you in writing within 10 business days.
4. Make note of the employee's name and number you are speaking to and ask them for the reference number of the call you have made, for future reference.
5. If you believe you having a disagreement and believe you are right, eventually they will reach for a supervisor, but be prepared to be on the phone for 30 minutes before this happens.
6. When they say there is nothing they can do about a billing issue, don't believe them. My bill was slashed by 50% and eventually wiped out after a 40 minute call.
7. If you have cancelled your account and Fido has not acted upon it. Ask them to check whether there is an unrecognisable "flag" on their system against the account. My experience suggests this flag means the account is to be cancelled, but few customer service reps seem to understand it at Fido and require a supervisor to explain this to them.
If you're interested in what happened, here are the details:
I have had a major challenge getting my Fido account cancelled. Despite making several calls to Customer Service and being lead to believe the account was cancelled, I continued to receive invoices. Ultimately this went to a collections agency. When I contacted Fido to discuss the matter the Customer Service Representative basically implied I was a liar, as her notes showed no such request was made. After 30 mins of going around in circles on the phone, she agreed to slash the outstanding bill by 50%. I refused to accept this as I had given instructions to cancel the account (and had not used it since) that were not actioned by Fido and I didn't see why I should pay for their error. I asked who else I could speak to, and the answer was "no one" other than accounts payable to pay the bill. Totally unhelpful and unprofessional.
After further discussion the Customer Service Rep, finally agreed to put me through to her supervisor.
I was left waiting for another 10 minutes and did not get to speak to the supervisor but when the rep returned to the line, she explained her supervisor went through my file and found a "flag" on my account that did indeed confirm I had instructed them to cancel the account. The Customer Service Rep had never seen this "flag" before and didn't understand it. Obviously, Fido's systems didn't understand it either and sent the bill to a collections agency.
After over 40 mins on the phone the balance was eliminated and my credibility with Fido was restored, while theirs was lower than ever.
I am now awaiting confirmation they have indeed cancelled the debt and informed the collections agency. I may yet be surprised that they stick to their word.
Overall a very poor customer service experience and I am left thinking I should be invoicing Fido for time wasted and the inconvenience they have put me through.

• Do
      downbutnotout Sep 11, 2009

So sorry you had such a bad experience.
      I've been trying to contact Fido to find out why my text messaging has suddenly stopped working with the alert, "Message not sent! Try again later." Their tech support via customer service by phone is nonexistent.

When I tried to call I got a recorded message telling me to call during business hours, even though I was calling within business hours. Another time when I did connect, they put me on hold until the line went dead, and this was for their so called emergencies! I am trying to use Fidos website tech support via email contact. We'll see if they respond. Their telephone service is totally useless. Sad Sad Sad service for a telephone company... guess the Fido CEOs are too busy playing golf to pay any real attention to customers beyond recorded messages.

FIDOwrongful collections

So this is the letter I wrote to Fido, regarding my past service... long story short... (youll read more in the letter) after 1 year, i switched to rogers from fido (same company) cause i wanted a phone fido didn`t have, they informed me no ECF and i called htem several times to make sure there was none. SO... in the end, i get a collection call from NCO saying i owe fido 235$... READ ON)

-------------------------------

I am writing to file a HUGE complaint against YOUR company. I was a Fido Customer for about 4 years. I was interested in purchasing a Blackberry in November 2008, and realized that Fido does not carry them anymore. So I called a customer service Rep on the Fido number through my phone, and asked How much it would be to Cancel My Contract. I was told 200$, BUT if I switched over to Rogers after my 1 year mark with my new contract (which was November 29th 2008) It would be NO CHARGE to switch to Rogers because rogers owns Fido. I said great. I waited until November 29th 2008, went into a Rogers Dealer, and explained to her what I was doing. She was extatic and said it would be no problem. She was extremely helpful. I called fido to double check everything would go okay, they informed me yes, and No Cancellation fee of $200 was being charged to my account because I was switching to Rogers. We Activated my rogers phone, and before everything could be complete, the representative Had to phone Fido to switch over my phone number. While on the Phone... She was then informed that They could not cancel it until November 30th 2009, and was informed that was the date of my 1 year mark. The Rogers representative was extremely angry at the CSR through Fido and was arguing on the phone with him that November 29th 2008 WAS the 1 year mark, and his information is wrong... And told him that i WILL NOT be charged a CSF. She asked to speak to his supervisor, she was put on hold by the Fido CSR. 45 minutes later, the Fido CSR comes on the phone and informes the Rogers representative that his Supervisor is not Available. He says he will cancel the Fido Contract tomorrow, when the number is switched to Rogers, and I will not be charged a Cancelation fee. The rogers Representative makes sure he types in this whole conversation to my Customer File with FIDO and hangs up. We then proceed with my Rogers account, Pay, and off I go. The Next day on November 30th 2008, I go into a Fido Store in Langley, BC (not a booth, but a STORE) to double check my account has been cancelled with no charges. I was ensured by the CSR for fido IN PERSON, that my account is cancelled and all was ok.
    YAY, SO... Next month in December... I get an e-mail from Fido (I did Email and online billing ONLY) saying my monthly invoice was available to see... confused... i call FIDO AGAIN, and ask why this has happened. I get informed that it must be a mistake, and it will not happen again, and that I do not owe them Anything. OK. Next month in January it happens again. AGAIN I PHONE FIDO, and say the exact same thing, and am told the exact same thing. I asked them why I even have a file with them anymore, seeing as Im with Rogers, Not Fido, but whatever.
    NOW, ON MONDAY MARCH 2nd 2009, I GET A CALL FROM RCO COLLECTIONS SAYING I OWE $235 TO FIDO. I say... NO that is a complete mistake. The collections Lady, `JANET` informes me what i need to do is phone fido and see what happened. So then, I PHONE FIDO AGAIN and say why am I in collections... I havent had a phone with you SINCE november and it was canceled and switched for NO CHARGE to ROGERS. The lady named MARLYNE (who actually spoke ENGLISH FOR ONCE) said there was a cancellation charge for me canceling on november. I said no, that is a mistake... explained what I was told, and she said, ok, im going to put you on hold for a moment, and i said ok. At this point I am SO FRUSTERATED WITH MY PAST SERVICE I AM NEVER GOING TO REFER ANYBODY TO FIDO, AND AM TELLING THEM TO SIGN WITH TELUS OR BELL. Marlyne come back onto the phone, and says there has been an `ERROR` on my account. APPARENTLY i was supposed to call Fido, 30 days after I Cancelled my Contract to say I have Signed on with Rogers and NO charges should be made. Hmmm... I seem to recall calling fido to complain in DECEMBER AND JANUARY about receiving invoices and telling them I HAVE SIGNED ONTO ROGERS. Marlyne explained to me this was an error and that the collection is getting REVERSED, and to phone Fido back on Friday March 6th at the very latest to make sure everything was reversed. I was assured that there are going to be NO CHARGES and will probably recieve a rebate because I payed a LAST BILL i was not even supposed to pay, and NONE of this will affect my credit... Because it BETTER ###ING NOT! I said okay, and thanked Marlyne for her patience(and for once) the GOOD customer service. I then phone the RCO collection agency and informed them what was going on, and they said okay to phone them on friday and when Fido does the reversal everything will be okay.

So friday awaits, and everything SHOULD be running smoothly... If not... I AM GOING TO THE MEDIA WITH FIDO AND HOW CRAPPY THE COMPANY IS. IT IS A SCAM AND YOU DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR CUSTOMERS OR THEIR SERVICE. I HAVE FANTASTIC CREDIT, AND HAVE WORKED HARD TO MAINTAIN IT THAT WAY, AND WILL BE IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A HOME LATE THIS YEAR. THERE BETTER NOT BE AN AFFECT ON MY CREDIT BECCAUSE OF STUPID PEOPLE MAKING BIG MISTAKES AND ERRORS SO FIDO CAN SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY AND RUIN THEIR CREDIT. IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOU CANT PROPERLY TRAIN YOUR CSR`S, OR ONLY WANT TO PAY 2$ AN HOUR FOR PEOPLE IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES TO ANSWER CUSTOMERS SERVICE CALLS. IF THIS IS KEPT UP THE WAY FIDO IS BEING RUN, YOU WILL GO BANKRUPT

----------------------------------------

So lets hope this ### dones`t do ANYTHING to my credit, or I am storming in to their office and Vancouver, and giving ###! and not leaving... until everything is fixed... because we all know if can be done with the click of a mouse... too bad they have ### customer service reps working for them they dont know how to work a computer.

Fido Wireless — charged by unawared services

This complaint is for FIDO accountNo [protected] (cell phone No [protected]). 1. When activated this phone...

Mississauga

Fido Solutionsmisrepresently services

I have been lied to and given the wrong information by my service provider. They are only willing to help you before you sign the contract. Afterwards they go out of their way to make sure they get as much money from you as they can. I was overcharged for text messaging even after I requested my package be changed to included unlimited texting. It was only when I checked my bill that I realized that I was charged for extra texting even after the change. I was given no time to raise a concern with the clerk at the kiosk and told that there was nothing I could do except pay or my credit rating would be negatively affected.

• Re
          Reader Feb 27, 2009

I got same type of charges for some shiittty messaging, which I do not even know for what I am getting. I got two bills of 24 $ and 33 $..

This is pure SCAM by FIDO.

I have wrote to their executive office and they have not responded in last two weeks. You can call Gaetano Di Falco, office of executive on following address.

[protected] ext. 4504 (toll free).

Gaetano Di Falco
          Attaché, Bureau de la Direction
          Advisor, Office of the Executive
          Fido Solutions Inc.

FIDOnonsence internet changes

Stupid fido... I have never used any internet from the cell phone before nor I know how to use it. And then one day! boom! almost $1000 bucks charged on my mobile internet service. I phoned them and asked what happened and the CSR kept on insisting Fido doesnt make mistakes so it must be me trying to avoid paying the service after using it and that I should learn to be more responsible for my cell phone from now on. I cant believe this is what a CSR should say?!??!?!?! Anyone will similar experience?

• Tl
            tlmoetl Dec 16, 2010

Fido constantly over charges for all sorts of things and when they are caught they claim it is a 'mistake in the system'.
            I have been with them for over 6 years and have caught over 50 mistakes totally tens of thousands of dollars. If these were honest mistakes, some of the charges would have been in my favor (meaning under charging me) while others not. But ALL THEIR MISTAKES ARE OVER CHARGING! Clearly these are not honest or innocent mistakes!

• Tc
            tcvancouver Jun 11, 2009

FIDO IS SHAMELESS! when I saw this website, I know I'm not alone, they overcharged me everymonth, and never revealed any details to me. I've been dealing with them for 3 months now. My plan is $25 with unlimited incoming and weekends etc, they charge me $80 for access fee. I'm going to make creazy long distance phone calls, and f*ck them off!

HI,
            I just found this company That will help you reduce your bill If Fido refuses. IF you did it and didn't realize it would be that expenssive.(long distance roaming, INTERNET DATA over minutes. etc etc
            THey bassically negociate for you, know the laws in canada (Including Quebec) and will help you reduce your bill even though Fido, Rogers, Telus, or BELL refuses.

• Zo
            Zombiwoof Mar 18, 2009

You catch a lot more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Once upon a time, I was a csr for Verizon.
            First - the post from Venus is rubbish.
            There simply isn't any way to rack up 825 in intenet charges while packing a suitcase.
            Or 50 suitcases.
            Having said that - yes - sometimes grossly excessive charges occur.
            That's the nature of the beast - no billing system is perfect, and relies on human data input. Misconfigure services on an account and the bill gets screwed up.
            Step 1 to resolve this type of issue is to be reasonable but firm. Also be prepared for the call. Know your plan. Thoroughly and correctly.
            Step 2 is to gather information. Ask what activity generated the billing. Please keep in mind that most csr's have little technical background, so they aren't given the tools to access the information to tell you what was accessed and when.
            What you will need to do is demand full records of internet access. Tell them you need to do this to understand what the billing is for.
            You will be told they don't have this information.
            This isn't a lie.
            The csr doesn't have the info, and likely isn't aware of who does.
            Calmly insist that you either be connected to, or receive a call back, from someone who does have this information.
            This will require escalation of your issue, and it's quite possible that while they are looking at your account more carefully, they find an error in how it's set up.
            An example would a smart phone that is normally set up with a data package. Without it, some smart phones would rack up data charges by pinging the data network periodically. If the account is configured without a data package, and someone forgets the network access block, or puts on the wrong one, this can cause extreme data charges.
            Step 3. Go to a different website. The userbase here is ill qualified to understand, much less diagnose an abnormal billing for internet charges.
            Instead, go to phonescoop.com, or howardforums.com
            If you ultimately determine that the problem was a telco error, insist that all charges be waived and the situation corrected.
            If the error was yours (this includes ignorance of your plan or phone operation) be prepared to negotiate. The strength of your position depends partly on how far up you go before you start negotiating, and partly on your perceived value as a customer.
            Your value is not just a factor of your average bill, it also includes perceptions of you based on payment history and customer service logs.
            There are those customers who call in every month to try to dispute valid charges. It's clear who they are. And it's easy to document their behavior in such a way that future csr's will cut them zero slack.
            Don't be a Dick or a Patsy and you'll find the whole process faster and easier,

• Yy
            [[YY]]2 Mar 18, 2009

It happened to me and I know it happened to other people. $600 in my case, 40$ for my sisters case. 50$ for parents of a friend of mine who would not know how to use the internet.
            3 from personal accounts.

I think I heard from one of the radio stations that it has been happening frequently.
            I am curious to what phones you guys have?
            BTW Their way to handle this is:
            they will say its your fault blablabla, ignore them
            first they will be willing to take off 50% of the charges on your bill.
            DO NOT GIVE IN.
            Keep your temper, complain. Take your time to complain. be reasonable but keep in mind that what THEY are charging is unreasonable.
            if you complain long enough, they will say "we can add data plan to your bill (25$) a month to cover for the ridiculous amount that they are charging you." Tell them to BLOCK the internet access of your card (if you don't need data) EVER.
            If you want to be extra safe, record this conversation that you have with fido for future references.
            Here, if you have sometime in your hands, keep complaining. They should wave off all the charges for internet. If you are really busy. or maybe ull give in for the $25 for 1 month to wave off that charge and to block the internet.
            If they ever charge you EVER again for data, take this recording, so you have proof that you already have data blocked off. Worst comes to worst, you have the ability to take them to small claims court for the amounts they say they owe you.
            KEEP insisting that you DID NOT use the data, your phone CANNOT get access to the internet while on the streets.
            I think there are A LOT more people with those charges.
            I am looking into this further and I am thinking of filling complain with regulation agencies or media. A Meanwhile can you guys ask around for other people who have similar experiences? (mobile internet usage overcharge).

• Ve
            Venus Mar 01, 2009

I have also received a bill charging for internet access amounting to 825 when I didn't use it! And the ridiculous thing was, the so called internet access was done when I and my husband were busy packing for his things because he has a flight to catch.
            And for all these complaints that we have, who will help us? There should be a bill that would punish providers for overcharging their customers!

• To
            totrumpet Feb 23, 2009

Yes--I just got off the phone with a CSR who also insists that I purchased two Musictones on my phone. I have had my phone for 5 years, and I have used the same ringtone since the very beginning, one that came with the phone. They insist the transactions are legitimate and that if I didn't purchase them, somebody must have used my phone to do it. Well, they used my phone to purchase musictones and then deleted them?!? The musictones aren't even on my phone--only the charges on my invoice. There are no text message records of the transactions either. Grr...

• Ju
            Juranny Feb 19, 2009

Hi there, it is happening to me right now. They charged me 300 bucks for internet, I never used it. What are you going to do? I wont pay for something I did not use. Some help please.

FIDOliars

I have a rogers phone which I had hoped to put on a Fido plan. I called Fido and asked if this was possible, the operator readily agreed and stated that in order to do this I would need a Fido SIM card at a cost of $40, he then provided a number of false prepaid plans. I ordered the card and did what I was told to activate the phone. The operator put a dollar on the account to keep it in operation, but when I put the card in the phone there was a subsidy password required. After inquiring of this from Fido they say that the card is useless in that phone and there is no way that it would ever have worked. They will not provide a refund for the card or provide any apology. Big Waste of Time and Money!

• Zo
              Zombiwoof Mar 18, 2009

If you had competed your contractual obligation rogers, they would remove the subsidy lock.

If it was a prepaid phone through rogers, then the phone stays locked.
              That's the way it's supposed to be.

Fido Solutions Canadaunsatisfied by cellphone sets

My wife and myself bought two cellphone from fido solutions inc from their store at erinmills town centre, mississauga ontario canada in november of 2008. Since the first week itself the phones do not work properly (all my calls straight away go to missed calls and my wifes phone doesnot display the name of the caller). Initially when we bought these phone, we also renewed our 3 yr contract but in the store that day the person who was helping us told us that if wanted iphones we would have to take internet plan also but on the contary one can buy iphones without internet too. He didnot tell us other options we had and kind of pushed us into buying these crappy phones. I am really dissatisfied by the service of these phone sets and also the service of the store. I have been a loyal fido customer and I have the same plan from nov 2005 that is when this company was introduced. I was really let down by this attitude of the company people.

FIDOboycott fido!

Consumers Beware: Boycott Fido!~ Please welcome to comment, vent your anger on that page on your poor and nasty treatment by Fido, Spread the word around throughout Canada and the world
              in the internet so that it will go bankrupt, its reputation tarnished and learns its lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. Sometimes it take a bit of courage
              to push those companies to change their nasty habits and thinking as well as their systems and marketing philosophies... Good Luck!!

• De
                  DeeJay Alex Jul 20, 2016

my conversation with FIDO

Back a few months I went to renew my contract, and purchase a new phone. While going through this process, I was being upsold a new tablet. LG tablet. The sales person was quite aggressive as I did not really need the tablet. I had an Ipad at home. Being persistent she said its only $10 per month. To move on I asked, can I tether my data to this tablet, and she said its ok... saying you have so much on your data plan you wouldnt need to add data. I said that as long as its only $10 bucks a month then to go ahead and sell me the tablet. Its a terrible tablet.
                  9:19am
                  Alex
                  Everything was fine, until 2 months ago, I started seeing an additional charge of charge of $10 for data. Something I did not ask for. Right away I called your CSR and was told that in order to maintain my easy payment, I had to have the data plan. I said this was not what I was told and asked to remove the $10. Sorry, they said, I cannot do that. I was then transferred to a customer care specialist and after a 1 hour conversation, was told that this charge will be removed. I told her that if this charge goes back on my account next month, I will cancel my service.
                  9:20am
                  Alex
                  She proceeded to tell me that this $10 is so unnecessary and a waste of money. Its not worth having. This coming from a customer care specialist. I agreed. I use the table maybe once a month for a game, because it is slow, and useless.
                  She said she would keep an eye on my account in the event that this charge would return... sure enough it did.
                  I contacted your CSR department again, and after explaining my issue, I asked, is this how a 20 year customer should be treated... and the response was, "well, I guess so"
                  That was the last straw...there was no attempt to make it right, now alternative solution, just "would you like to cancel now?"
                  Read your contract, was the final quote. I dont reacall signing anything that states data...
                  it was time for me to go... this issue has been riddled with lies, disrespect, and manipulating. Something I would have never expected with FIDO... but then i realized, hey, this is Rogers... of course I should expect it.
                  9:34am
                  Fido
                  I'm really sorry about the experience you had Alex.
                  Have you been able to review your agreement yet though? You will see the details of your data plan as well as the details of the easy pay.
                  I can completely understand how frustrating this can be but unfortunately we can't have an active Easy Pay without an active monthly Plan.
                  Our cheapest data plan is the $10 one but we also have a $15 option. By having the data plan active, you were able to get the tablet on a monthly payment basis.
                  The tablet can be kept to be used only with tethering or WIFI as long as it is purshased outright.
                  I'll make sure to follow up with the person you spoke to in June about removing the plan to make sure they have the right information and this doesn't happen again.
                  Sorry again about what happened. I'll be available if you need me.
                  -Alyson
                  9:38am
                  Alex
                  I don't give a damn about the contract... that is not what I was told or sold... What was done was being tricked into this damn contract... I was assure when I signed up for the tablet, that this would not happen. This is lies, manipulation and in my opinion illegal. Its B.S. like this that infuriates me. A crappy tablet, with overpriced data and pathetic service on all levels. Even this conversation is wasting my time. I will be taking this up with CRTC or whomever will listen. You folks keep plugging this contract, when I was told verbally by two different people that this is wrong. Such a pathetic company.
                  9:40am
                  Alex
                  Had I know all of this ###, I would not have purchased this tablet. I was dupped and ripped off.
                  This is how your company works, like a cheap used car dealership...then I want nothing to do with it.
                  With all the lies and misleading information, you think that at least I could either return the tablet, or your company would have done something to make it right. But all i get is this blah blah blah - no wonder so much hate for FIDO.
                  9:51am
                  Fido
                  I'm really sorry to read you feel this way and it's unfortunate if there was any misunderstanding in how the agreement, plan and easy pay work. The details you were given above are all accurate and also as stated on the agreement. If you have any other question, we're making ourselves avaialble.
                  Thanks,
                  -Alyson

• Er
                  Erika Kalou Dec 12, 2010

Fido was one of the best network in Canada untill Rogers got their stinking hands on. They came in with their greed and rip off. Rip off? No, actually that is stealing from millions of poor Canadians with high prices, hidden costs and inexplicable charges. I am changing today.
                  BOYCOTT FIDO!!!

• Ri
                  RICHARD HOOVER Jun 02, 2010

Fido serviced my cell phone and deleted five years of business and personal contact numbers, half are private and cant be found in Europe especially with ethnic names I cant remember, , but I coded them in first names and places marked, , , my cell I do it my way. They deleted 153 numbers because the sales person pushed the buttons on my pad like it were some toy and made a gross negligent error or did it for fun, Hoew do I know ?
                  They offered me a hudred bucks credit, , , wow five years of my work and contacts i made flying 16 times to Europe and back to Toronto, , , thousands and thousands spent, , , im worth only a faction on a credit.

I SAY, , FIDO THROW YOUR IMAGE OF THE NICE DOGGY A CHEAP BONE, , , iM A PITBULL AND I WANT THE STEAK ! i WORKED FOR IT! i WILL BITE YOUR [censor] TILL HELL FREEZES OVER IN COURT, , , YOUR LIABILITY IS NOT WRITTEN TO OVER RIDE THE LAW, , , AND IF THE LAW ALLOWS IT THEN YOUR SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED, , , , AND THAT CALLS FOR RE EVALUATION OF OUR LEGISLATION IN ONTARIO AND FEDERAL LAWS !

A DAVID AND GOLIATH STORY DUDES, , , , JUMP ON BOARD TO THE FREEDOM TRAIN AND LETS KICKTHEIR [censor] AND CALL FOR RESPECT AND DIGNITIES MET WITH RESPECT, , , NOT ABUSE LIKE SHEEP PUT OUT TO SLAUGHTER! WERE NUMBERS THATS IT! WE LIVE IN THEIR REALM AND FANCY OURSELVES AS PRIVELEDGED CELL PHONE YUPPIES AND COOL INDIVIDUALS WHATEVER YOUR POSE MAY BE, , , , , WAKE UP AND BE A SOMEBODY MY MA ALWAYS SAID ! tHATS WHY THEY EAT AT THEIR CAFES AND RESTURANTS AND HANG OUT AT THE ELITE CLUBS, , , THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOVE US THE AVERAGE GOE, , , , BULL WE ARE EQUAL CANADIANS, , , GOT THAT FIDO, , , ROGERS, , , CANADA, , , , YEAH CANADA YOUR SLIPPING DOWN WITH THE SLEEZE SLUMMING CAPITALIST PIGS THAT DONT RESPECT TRUE ETHICAL CAPITALISM. tHEY ARE AS BAD AS ANY COMMUNIST, AT LEAST COMMIES GAVE IT TO YOU STRAIGHT, , , FIDO PLAYS WORD GAMES AND HIDES BEHIND THEIR UNDERWRITERS WORDS OF SCREENING OUT ALL LIABILITIES THAT FIDO IS NEGLIGENT OF, , , WHO PAYS WHO OFF TO GET AWAY WITH THIS SLIME WE ARE SUPPOSE TO EAT ?

IM NOT EATING IT, , , , BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE DOES, , , ? THATS HOW PEOPLE WERE DECIEVED BY HITLER AND STALIN ETC. WINDOW DRESSING IS THEIR GAME TO LURE YOU IN, , , SAME OLD TRICKS WITH A CREAMY COATING ON THEIR ADVERTISMENTS, , , , MAN WE LIKE THE CREAM I SEE ! MAKES YOU FAT AND LATHARGIC AND DUMB LIKE A COW, , , WAKE UP BITE THEIR [censor] NOT THE GRASS! PIT BULL, , , AGAINST PITBULL, , BUT ONE IS GLORIOUS AND GOOD, , , , US!

X CUSTOMER RICHARD !

Kev Mar 12, 2009

As a matter of fact, I have already unlocked my Fido cellphones by myself (Yay!!) and I shall do more. (Tip: Your Fido phones are, sadly locked can use with this or Rogers carrier only, I heard in AT&T from the States if you ask their customer support nicely by making some excuses like you are going on a trip to Europe...
                  they will give you the unlock code to the unlock your branded cellphone
                  so you can use it in any country. Wow Fido is not this
                  My next goal is flashing the original firmware (without Fido logo or its internet options on it of course)
                  This is already one form of protest.. I know that this can be a breach of contract or illegal.. BUT I don't care about Fido anymore nor I am going to use their services as they cheat, swindle us poor customers for their pleasure and advantage, its their fault.
                  Why should I honour the contract when they failed to deliver what the customer wanted, and always
                  cheat, nickel and dime poor customers even in times of economic difficulty?
                  Why the Canadian government support the cruel behaviours of the monopoly companies like the Big three Rogers, Telus and Fido?
                  Also, I find it very interesting that only Canada and the UK sells locked phones such as the Blackberry instead of unlocked ones? is this kind of manipulation on the customer and insult on the customers intelligence?
                  Do you know in the Far East, you can buy the original unlocked cellphones like the Blackberry and Sony Ericssons for a relative cheaper price compare to the rip off deals by those phone carriers in Canada. One day Fido shall learn its tough lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. They shall be bankrupt.
                  If you have a Fido/Rogers phone, you have two choices, either immediately cancel it (without paying any crazy ECF), or unlock it.
                  Do NOT, I repeat do not ever do business with this unethical company..unless you wanted to get a high blood pressure. Canadians (expecially those who had been victims by Fido), We must speak up for the sake of a better tommorow for everybody.

• Re
                  Reader Feb 27, 2009

This is pure SCAM by FIDO.

[protected] ext. 4504 (toll free).

Gaetano Di Falco
                  Attaché, Bureau de la Direction
                  Advisor, Office of the Executive
                  Fido Solutions Inc.

notsostupid Jan 11, 2009

The way to boycott is by stop using their service...every person is a different customer and have different issues... We all understand things differently.

• Sp
                  speakout22 Dec 10, 2008

I experienced the same poor treatment Fido dishes out at their customers. If you too have decided to boycott Fido then please go on that page and comment on your negative treatment. Let's make sure that they KNOW they can't treat people like this without reprecussions.

FIDO — bad and very rude customer service disrespectful

I once went to pay my invoice at the Fido store, I waited in line for so long, when it was my turn the...

Vancouver

FIDO — cheating and false promises

The truth is fido will grab every dollar.. Nickel and dime you with every opportunity they can get.. So don't...

Fido and Iphone — stolen iphone

If you own an iPhone be careful not to lose it or in my case have it stolen. Fido will not replace that phone...

Burnaby

Fido Integrated Solutionssweepstakes took money no prize

I was sent a check for $4, 293.78 US dollars and I was asked to send $2, 800 back for taxes. Ultimately I would receive a check for $180, 000 dollars. I opened up a checking account so I would not link this check to my personal account. I was told to call first. I did and spoke with a Peters Jacob [protected]. I told him I would send the money when the check cleared. He advised me that the contest entry date was upcoming and I had to reply immediately to recieve the money. I reluctantly sent have of the $2, 800 via Western Union to a Patricia Newtons, whom I was told was with the Federal Govt and this money was for taxes.in the end, the check that was sent to me was fraudulent. I was in contact with Jacob and he told me that this was because their banking accounts were illegally accessed. He said he put in a claim to refund my money. I called him every week and he had a different story as to why my money was not returned. He did say it was approved and pending. Now I call the number and I get a recording stating the customer I am calling is unavailable. This all started mid October. I am at a loss of what to do.in hindsight I see how stupid it was to get involved. I am now out.$1, 400.00. If anyone can help me, please let me know.

• Th
                    the great kazoo Aug 14, 2009

Really? You bought that scam? Sorry, that has nothing to do with FIDO, and your money is gone. If you send money via Western Union you should remember two things. The firs tis that it's probably a scam, no legitimate company uses WU to process funds. The second is that, once the money has been picked up at WU, it is GONE. You cannot find it, trace it, or retrieve it.

FIDOfraudulent services

I am very upset at Fido.
                  I've just been through a series of endless telephone calls and I am totally disgusted.
                  I feel I have been made a fool and trapped into charges I specifically tried to avoid.

Like many other Canadians, I was lusting after the iphone but found it too expensive and the internet package over priced.

A Fido agent called me asking about my customer's satifaction and I told him about how I felt about the new iphone packages.

He offered me a great deal on the phone by using my Fido dollars, getting me to agree to a 3 year contract, and signing up to a monthly plan.
                  Ok, great so far I said but what are monthly fees going to be? I was not interested in being caught paying higher charges and absolutely did not want the internet roaming package from Fido. I just wanted to be able to connect to a WIFI network. The Fido representative said this would be no problem. Just don't subscribe to the internet package and you won't be charged. Sounded like a great deal so I said yes and agreed to the 3 year contract.

But since having received my iphone, I have been battling and battling with the billing department at Fido.

1st, I could not understand why I was charged approximately 80$ more than promised for the purchase of the phone. After calling and complaining I was than given a credit of 17$ plus an additional 56$.

The second bill came through but the 56$ was not yet credited and there was an astronomical roaming internet charge on top of it...
                  I was then again promised the 56$ credit for the following month but the internet charges were not removed! ... Apparently I was supposed to know that my phone was connecting automatically to Fido's internet service and not to my home WIFI when at home. I was also supposed to know that I had to call Fido and make sure my phone was disconnected from their internet network, although I specifically requested NOT to have that connection.
                  Apparently, Once the phone was delivered and I had phone in hand. I was supposed to contact Fido and tell them again to block my internet service. I was never informed of this when I first ordered the phone and there wasn't any notice when I receive th phone either.

In my last conversation, one of the customer service agent actually informed me that Apple asks Fido not to inform its clients from the blocking possibility and conditions of the internet service. Why? This apparently disadventage Apple.

So what about disadventaging your customers Fido???? We are the ones who end up paying and stupidly have registered for 3 dawn years of dishonest services!!!
                  Fido does not want to credit me the internet connection done without my knowledge, dispite te fact I refused them from the moment I registered and ordered my iphone.
                  I am outraged by the whole sour deal here and feel taken for an idiot.
                  I can only tell you DO NOT REGISTER WITH FIDO IT IS A SCAM!!!

Kev Mar 12, 2009

It is a SCAM.. I already distrust Fido. They have already lost credibility and consumer confidence..
                      As a matter of fact, I have already unlocked my Fido cellphones by myself (Yay!!) and I shall do more. (Tip: Your Fido phones are, sadly locked so can only use with this or Rogers carriers, which means if you attempt to use another carrier SIM card from another country when you're outside Canada. it will prompt you to "insert SIM" I heard from AT&T user in the States if you ask their customer support nicely by making some excuses like you are going on a trip to Europe...
                      they will give you the unlock code to the unlock your branded cellphone
                      so you can use it in any country. Wow Fido wouldn’t even have been so courteous.
                      cheat, nickel and dime poor customers even in times of economic difficulty?
                      Why the Canadian government support the cruel and bullish behaviours of the monopoly companies like the Big three Rogers, Telus and Fido?
                      Also, I find it very interesting that only Canada and the UK sells locked phones such as the Blackberry, iPhone instead of unlocked ones? is this kind of manipulation on the customer and insult on the customers intelligence?
                      Do you know in the Far East, you can buy the original unlocked cellphones like the Blackberry and Sony Ericssons for a relative cheaper price..
                      compare to the rip off deals by those phone carriers in Canada. . Whats more, you don't have to worry about getting stuck to one carrier because you are given the choice of Locked or Unlocked phone by the retailers (talking about customer protection) (now beat that Fido!)
                      If you have a Fido/Rogers phone, you have two choices, either immediately cancel it (without paying any crazy ECF), or just unlock it. (or get a experience tech to unlock it for you for a small fee)
                      Do NOT, I repeat do not ever deal with this unethical company..unless you wanted to get a high blood pressure. Canadians (expecially those who had been victims by Fido), We must speak up for the sake of a better tommorow for everybody.

KeptUnknown Mar 12, 2009

I stand neutral for both posts from above. both are correct in their own way.

My friend also got nailed by getting billed a total of 400$ with rogers due to his iphone roaming charges. But that didn't stop me from getting an iPhone.

What i did was once i got a new plan finalized, i asked them to block the internet connection for rogers network and block for the iphone usage. When i got the iphone, i called back once again to confirm that i have both blocked. So far its been almost 1 month and i'll wait to see if my bill is charged but i think i won't be because from the iphone, you can turn off; 3G, EDGE, data roaming and also WiFi networks. As long as u have DATA ROAMING turned off, it shouldn't be a problem.

I been through quite some time to get my new plan today without the stupid data plan that would lead to 60$ a month after tax. All i have right now is a total of 39.01 Tax-included and i paid 200$ for the iphone.

The next time if anything happens, billing or anything, just mention that you'll refer to or consult ""CRTC"" (search it up if need to) about the problem your having. It's basically the parent of all the wireless phone service providers out there. Once you mention this they should automatically listen to all your concerns and will fix anything if possible. Thats what my friend did and he got his 400$ back and gave him a bonus of free network calling.

notsostupid Jan 11, 2009

Im sorry to say this but, yu got what you deserved.
                      If you were more careful when buying stuff or registering for a product or service you might understand better that is our fault (I mean US as cutomers)...we dont read the fine prints, we dont really know how technology works and we just want to get the latest, coolest gadgets. Why you want to buy an IPHONE and stupidly ask for no INTERNET plan...who does that?, is like buying a car and not purchasing an insurance.
                      You see people out there buying routers or bluetooths, but wrongly protecting the access and... what happens?? charges appear!... someone else could use that connection (How many of us have been able to connect WI-FI without the owners knowledge on the streets, coffee places, even at home...?)
                      I agree that we are not the only ones learning by making mistakes, but I feel sorry for those people working at Customer Service and trying to resolve the situation for a stupid Customer that thought he was smarter and benefited from a service due to his ignorance!. Be honest, do research, get information and pay for what you use, that is the only thing fair to do!
                      We must complain when something is wrong (unfair) and try to corrected or resolve it, How can you say is a SCAM?We are all humans (employees, customers) and we all make mistakes... but IGNORANCE is not an excuse and there is much to learn.

Fido Integrated Solutionstook $1,400 from me for sweepstakes. will not return money despite numerous promises

I received a check in the mail for$4, 293.78. I was advised to deposit it and send $1, 200 dollars for taxes. Then the check could be cashed and subsequently I would receive another cashiers check for $180, 00. I opened a new account with the check. I was going to wait for it to clear to send the company the money, but I was told it had to be sent right away contest was ending. I have been speaking to a man named Peters Jacob at [protected] and he said he would return the money. He went on to say that someone accessed their back account and tampered with their funds. I need the money back desperately. I have been calling him every week. The last time I spoke with him on 11-4-08 he said the refund was approved and was in the "final Stage" and that he would call me with tracking number for Western Union. I have not been able to contact him this week. Is there any one who could assist me?

jo Nov 18, 2008

I am sorry that I am not able to help you but I would like to thank you for your posting, I recieved the same letter that you received and I also called the same man Peters Jacob at [protected] and talked to him today. He told me exactly the same thing as he told you. But I was skeptical about it, therefore I went on the internet to find out about his buiness. But I found 2 posting that warned me against this. So, I really appreciate your writing.
                        Jo

Fido Wirelesslied to about ipone delivery

Was repeatedly told the iPone I ordered would ship, in one week, then next in two weeks. It's now been 2 months since the order, and when I called to get an update I was told they never tried to track down the shipment, and now I have to wait another 14 days for them to track it down. I've called 5 times and spent 2 hours tryng to get this fixed and am now ready to examine my legal options.

Fido Prepaidnot willing to find grey area

Hello... my name is jen. Let me start by giving a little bit of history to you. My dad was a top sales rep in ontario, so indeed he relied 100% on his cell phone. Well, some bad luck hit and his health took a massive turn for the worst. He was approved for long term disability, however to keep him on the company cell phone plan was cut off, as he would no longer be in contact with his customers. As, normally in a situation like this another rep takes over the area. As anyone with a cell phone can understand is trying to live without one is not a thought many of us could bear to think of, let alone actually do it. I thought I would do a nice thing and buy my dad a Fido pre-paid cell phone. Well, then for the convenince of it my mom put down her credit card number and it was being loaded with 10$ per month. As you could imagine, the phone was not being used as his health continued to deterreoate, including lungs, kidneys, heart, bones, brain blood... basically everything inside has something wrong with it. We have spent so much time with doctors and specialists admitting him to hospital more than once, thought he was going to die a few times that we never thought of the cell phone. It was not a very important thing at the time (understandable?? right)
                        I called fido on October 10th, 2008 and spoke to a rep Danny and his supervisor Gabrielle. I really didn't get anywhere other than him telling me that he could add 6months onto my pre-paid plan so it would give time to use up the money~! I really don't see how this is a suitable resolution in my particualr situation, as a perfect indicator to the future is the past. Seeing as though the phone has not been used since it was activated is to me a strong indication that giving me 6 months to use up the money accumulated is really an insult. I have a contract phone and so does my mom. My dad does not leave the house and no one calls on the cell phone let alone the house phone. As we all know when times get rough people whom you thought were your friends often run for the hills. Well that's what happened. Now I understand that pre-paid cards are not refundable. And I also understand that this is not Fido's "problem" or "their fault" at all. However I was expecting them to help me out in this particular situation, as I feel it is a unique one. I have a $150.00 credit sitting on the phone, which is cancelled as we speak and I am really only looking to settle with maybe half. I really thought Fido was a large enough complany that cared about their clientelle and are looking to keep customers. I have been rudly awakened. Can you please look into this and see what can be done, as I know that there is black, white but there is ALWAYS GREY!!! I am expecting a resolution to this issue, promptly. Please email me at [protected]@rogers.com

Fido Solutions — boycott fido

Here is an email I have sent them on their fido website several times which explains exactly what they have...

FIDOloyalty dollars

I used fido dollars to purchase a headset fido sent me a confirmation letter debiting my fido money and advising me that the item would be sent between 5-10 days this took place on 28th june, the fido dollars are awarded to customers who use and keep there accounts up to date. After ordering the confirmed item
                          I changed my service to another company, I was told I would not get the item as it is only for loyal customers, I was loyal to fido for over 10 years. I was under the impression the fido dollars I received from them was for loyalty. So beware. Total value of the item at fidos retail listed as $100 mike

john Jan 01, 2009

I have been with fido for over 10 years, almost left them in 2006 cause they wanted $100 for a new razor while i could
                              get that same razor in the kiosk for $25 with a new plan.Anyway to make a long story short, their csr sucks and i must
                              admit that after my contract is over, i will have to say ASTALA VISLA fido and by then telus will have their 4g ready.
                              i'm a very pissed off customer, i will have to say fido is the suckiest customer service i ever
                              dealt with. so if you don't mind waiting for a couple of hours before u can get thru their customer service and listen
                              to their rudeness or you are on your own then you can go for it.
                              so in other words STAY AWAY FROM FIDO OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.
                              Before the contract is signed, they can be the nicest customer service you are dealing with butAs soon as you sign the contract with them, you are a nobody my friend .
                              The most ridiculous thing i saw on the net PRAISE about their service as outstanding.you have been warned.good luck

• Ed
                              Eduard Sep 30, 2008

I did practically the same thing. I ordered some headsets on August 22, 2008 using my FIDO rewards dollars and a credit card to pay the difference for what the reward dollars didn't cover. I was told that they should arrive in five business days, but at worst by September 12, 2008. I asked what would happen if I changed to another service provider in the next few days or weeks? I was told that my headsets would still come as I had ordered them as a customer.
                              My cell number was ported over to another mobile cell company August 27, 2008. By September 15, 2008 I hadn't received the headsets. I called FIDO to ask where they were. I was told they were on order and they should be arriving any day, but that a trace would be sent to see where they were and if they had not gone out they would send them out within five days, but again at worst by September 29, 2008.
                              Today September 30, 2008, I call and was told by the customer service rep and subsequently this person’s supervisor (Teresa) this "You are not a customer of FIDO therefore we do not reward people who are not customers so you are not entitled to the headsets". Wait a minute I was a customer for nearly 4 years and ordered the headsets and paid the difference with a credit card while I was a customer, the transaction was valid one. "You are not a customer; we do not reward people who leave FIDO".
                              So, long story short. 1. Being a paying customer does not mean FIDO will honour your use of your reward dollars while a FIDO customer. 2. Apparently FIDO expects that whatever you use the rewards dollars on you must expect to have the product in hand before you change service providers (what if your item is back ordered, held up somehow, or anything else that might prevent the item actually reaching you and it is possible for this to happen and be longer than a month, well wait until you get it before changing otherwise "You are not a customer; we do not reward people who leave FIDO").
                              I found the customer service condescending and their attitude quite maddening, very maddening. It would take a lot for me to consider ever going back to FIDO or mother company Rogers.

FIDO — new subscription

This is a copy of the letter which I sent fido in regards to treatment of a new subscriber! Good day I am...