Having problems with Fido?

Fido reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 19, 2007. The latest review Long Distance Minutes was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint Roaming charges was resolved on Sep 13, 2021. Fido has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 211 reviews. Fido has resolved 166 complaints.

Fido Customer Service Contacts

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fido Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

FIDO — i'm complaining regarding the bluffing in billing

Hi my name is Hafsa I have an a/c with Fido [protected].2months back I got a plan on promotion scheme fr20$. I...

Toronto

FIDOunethical behaviour

Have been a regular customer from last 15 years but soon gonna switch to Rogers or Bell . The fido agent @ 128st -84 Ave Surrey named M.Khaira is kind of rude and never provides accurate information . This Feb, my niece got a new phone from him and he lied that everything is fine but actually it had some software and battery issues for which she had to pay almost 200$ to Apple care. Also, he made a plan for 65 $ which is intially 6 GB data and unlimited canada wide calling, international texting and 5$ for international roaming. Quite unethical and if you complain or try to deactivate your account or bill payments he will reply in such a weird and arrogant manner. Many times my friends tried to give feedback about him to Fido care but nobody cares. This is not appropriate how you treat your customers who are loyal customers with fido for 15 long years. Quite unethical and intolerant . #self -respect# inhumane# arrogance # loyality matters # not happy # soon to be a rogers customer .

• Fido's response · Apr 27, 2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this.
      While I understand your niece had a few problems with them phone, I’m not sure it would’ve been possible for the rep in store to know about it before giving it to her. Was AppleCare added when she purchased the phone?
      Can you tell me a bit more about the plan, what seems to be the issue? Don’t hesitate to send me more details in private, I’ll be happy to access the account.
      -FidoRachel

FIDOfido store in shopper's world, brampton ontario

I have been a Fido customer for many years and yesterday evening I signed up for a total of 4 lines including cell phone and internet, bringing business of 2 additional lines over from Bell. The entire process took 3 hours with Fido customer service, and I had been very patient throughout. I was told by customer service that my modem had been reserved for pick up at the Fido store in Shopper's World, Brampton, Ontario. I hurried to the store and reached at 8:54pm. The three associates ( Jasmeet, Crystal and one other guy!) refused to help me out and said they had closed all systems at 8:50. They just refused to do anything about it and started getting ready to leave with their jackets and backpacks by 8:56pm and asked me to leave. I called customer service on the spot and associate Cassandra on the phone tried to help me, but said even if I had called 1 minute earlier my issue would have been resolved. She apologized for the unprofessional behavior of the 3 associates (Jasmeet, Crystal and one othet) and said that if they had not wasted time refusing me service and if they had not shut their systems by 8:55pm, I would have re ceived my modem tonight. The three associates wasted precious time and displayed very unprofessional body language, putting on their winter coats, hanging their backpacks on their back and telling me to leave the store while I was talking to customer service. I felt humiliated beacause of their attitude and behaviour, just laughing, talking amongst themselves, slamming drawers in front of me and making noise while I was talking on the phone. After refusing to serve me and asking me to leave, when the 3 associates saw that I wouldn't budge and I was calling customer service on the spot, Crystal pretended to call from her phone but by then it was past 9pm and she said she cannot reach them, while I was still talking to customer service on my phone. If she had done the needfull as soon as I had showed up at 8:54pm instead of denying me service, I am certain her actions would have been more effective. But she and her colleagues were very reluctant and only appeared to make a call once she realized I was going to escalate it. They displayed complete unwillingness to serve a customer within operational hours displayed under law and further insulted me by asking me to leave. It was the worst form of behaviour by any retail professionals that I had ever experienced. I am shocked that in these times of stiff competition, the detrimental nature of business impact such employees are causing to companies. I am seriously considering taking all lines of business back from Fido to Bell and also setting up my small business account with Bell. The Store Manager's name is Josh at the Fido store in Shopper's World, Brampton Ontario.

• Su
        Suzanne Mason Apr 01, 2017

Very unprofessional. I work until 4:30 and take calls even at 4:29. Look how long their rudeness and inconsiderate attitudes took.
        I found that there are some amazing employees and some really inconsiderate ones who take little pride in their commitment to valued customer service. Sorry that you had to experience this.

FIDOI am complaining about a employee

I went to Cedarbrae today, March 20, 2017 and was interested in purchasing a phone on a family plan, possible with my mother. I was asking the employee a question, and he must have thought it was stupid and laughed in my face turning his back. Even if he thought it was stupid, employees should not infringe on servicing individuals. I am not sure if, it was because I was a women, but he tried to demean me and insult me, as though I was a fool. I told him that his behaviour is insulting and he still continued to laugh. As I was leaving I returned and asked him for his name, and he said let me give you a card so you know where you should be complaining. I told him, I know where I am, I only need your name. The employee's name is Sunny, and he works for Fido at Cedarbrae mall. He is getting paid to insult customers.

• Fido's response · Mar 20, 2017

Hey Wendy,
          Ranya here from Fido! That's definitely not what we want you to experience when you go to one of our stores! Thank you for reporting this, we'll make sure it's addressed! I'll send you a private message, I want to get more information on this and make sure all your questions were answered :) .
          -Ranya

FIDOdefective lg pad lll tablet / rude representative

Purchased the tablet. It was defective. It won't charge / start. I called customer service and asked what to do. She says to return it to the store where I bought it. After explaining to her that this would not be easy as we live 3 hours from Kingston Ontario, so, could I take it to the store in Belleville, Ontario, only 1 1/2 hour round trip, she consults someone else and says yes.
        I arrive at the kiosk in Belleville, a representative by the name of Rick is there. I tell him what the problem is. Right away he tells me that I'm wrong, that he cannot take a look to see what is wrong, that I'll have to return it to the point of sale store. I explained that the distance makes it difficult, not to mention the tine and gas involved.
        It didn't matter what I said he refused. I asked him to check out the cord. No. I asked him to call customer service repeatedly to see if they would check my file, he refused. I asked him to call to get an authorization to replace it, he refused. So altogether, I am ready to send this back to you, and cancel the contract. If the tablet won't work, there is no reason to pay for it! There should have been something he could have done. He kept replying with 'I'm sorry, but you have to take it back to the store where you bought it', over and over to any question I asked... I asked him for his last name and he refused. So, on a scale of 1-10, you get a zero. Either customer service does not know their job, or he, the representative in Belleville, at your kiosk, was a complete ###, refusing to offer any solution. I am still left with a $240 tablet that doesn't work. I currently have both home phone service and cell phone with your company, after this fiasco, I'm not sure that I want to be with a company that can't come up with a workable plan to resolve this. Here is my phone number [protected]. I would appreciate speaking with someone who has the authority to resolve this, not a lower employee that is not able to do anything about it. Thank you.

• Updated by Shoppinghappy · Mar 18, 2017

Revised phone number, [protected].

FIDOfido - worst cellular administration ever!!!

I ordered a second tablet (lg gpad iii 8.0) from fido back on december 13, 2016. it was supposed to arrive within 3 days. fido has made countless excuses (i.e. "product is backordered", "offer is no longer available", etc.) for non-delivery since then. i have interacted with fido 39 times to date hoping to resolve this issue and contacted the office of the president and the ombusman's office. fido then breached the hardware part of its own february 6, 2017 "executive resolution" with more of the same excuses. the advisor (samuel) at the fido - otp then sent me on a wild goose chase (sending me a link for a "substitute tablet - ipad air 2 lte 128gb", then he revoked that resolution offer, without respecting that he was wasting more of my valuable time. the amount of misinformation, errors, delays, confusion, etc. are unconscionable, and evidence fido's administration cannot deliver its products and services in a competent manner. it would appear that being constructive and civil does not lend any help to resolving fido created issues. 66 days later i feel thoroughly disrespected. why does rogers appear to be running fido into the ground? mark p.
          The fido reserve number for my order is [protected]
          The fido interaction i.d is i [protected]

FIDOups courier service

My Fido rep was awesome! He got me more than I expected, and I have never had a problem with Fido. The problem arose with UPS. And there were many, many problems. Finding no solution with UPS, I am forced to take time off work to collect my new phone from a UPS depot. Are they not paid to be a courier service? UPS provided APPALLING service, and I would NEVER use them. You will give MUCH better service to your clients by using Canada Post. Their service is reliable, courteous, and affordable. UPS is none of these. UPS was a horrible experience, that ends up costing me about half of what my new phone is worth. Just thought you should know that UPS is the WORST!

FIDO — customer relations

I have been a FIDO member since 2015. I was on a special plan that gave me 1 GB +1 GB data. I received a text...

Oakville

FIDOcustomer service

Customer Service is not helpful at Fido. She keeps on laughing when I said something wrong and even told me how can you cut the phone... I don't think she is fit for a customer service position. Her name is Josie, I called around 4:55pm, Friday, December 16, 2016. Laughing with the mistake of the customer is not appropriate. Instead of helping she laugh with the mistake that the customer commits.

FIDOincorrect rate charges

Account # [protected]
                I am a newcomer to Canada. On signing up for Fido service in August 2016 for my husband (Christopher Bryan) and I at the Level 1 kiosk at Eaton Centre, I asked the store rep. (Vin) for the rate for calls to Jamaica and Barbados knowing that I would be making and receiving frequent calls with relatives. He advised me it would be 0.25 per minute.

When I received the first bill that reflected calls made/received (due mid-Oct), I was shocked to see the total due was over $400. I checked and noted that the rate being charged per minute was ~$2.00 and not $0.25 as was expected, almost 8x the fee. I immediately contacted Vin who said I should have added a value pack for $5 in order to be billed at $0.25 per minute and I explained that he had not mentioned that requirement when he advised of the rate.

He basically said there is nothing he can do and I should call customer service and “give them a story” to see if they can make the adjustment. I called customer service, explained the situation, and was told to speak to the store Manager as that issue was outside of their scope. I visited the store and the manager, Nav Cheema, advised he would escalate to see what can be done to resolve the situation. I explained the need for urgency as the bill was becoming due in less than 2 weeks. I also asked if the deadline for bill payment could be extended and Nav instructed me to call customer service and ask for an extension – I was unsuccessful in that feat.

Within that time, I called and visited the kiosk and there were no material updates so the bill was paid with the intent that the issue would be resolved and a refund would be forthcoming. I also visited another location (Oshawa Centre) and spoke with Jennifer Lopez who advised that the kiosk at Eaton Centre is not a part of corporate Fido so there was nothing she could do to resolve the issue with the rate, but offered to add the value pack.

I recently received another bill due mid-November reflecting charges in excess of $370. Again, this was due to the exorbitant per minute charge for international calls prior to the time the value pack was added. I, again, called customer service and was told to follow up with the store Manager, Nav. I was surprised to hear him say he was not sure who was 'at fault' and still was unsure what could be done to resolve the situation over a month later. I emphasized that I was not aware there was ever a question of whether the store rep. (Vin) was accountable as I received, and still have, text messages from Vin with our communication regarding the issue, and Vin clearly acknowledges that he had not advised of the need for a value pack. This discussion with Nav gave light to my initial concern that he may not have been following up with dealer support despite my many visits and calls.

Essentially, I am not willing to pay another ~$400 for another month based on Vin's misinformation. It seems he may not have given full disclosure on the rates in an attempt to ensure that I switched from the competitor and signed up with Fido. The last time I spoke with customer service, I was advised that my best bet was to follow up with the store Manager and they would, again, note my call and concerns. However, I am not confident that Nav is likely to make a real attempt to resolve the situation.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to contact him, leaving voice messages which he never responds to. My husband visited the location last week and Nav suggested that we send him the text messages exchanged with Vin. This was done over the weekend and he has not acknowledged receipt of the email, nor did he return my call on Monday. He had advised my husband that if we bought something in store, he may be able to provide a discount. I do not think this a reasonable solution to our issue, and this would require us to spend more money when we have likely spent enough to cover at least 3 months' of charges (given the $55 fee per month and the over $400 paid for one month based on the charges for international calls). Ultimately, I think the bills should be revised to reflect the calls at the quoted rate of $0.25.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
                Simone

• Fido's response · Nov 29, 2016

Hey Simone!

That definitely doesn't sound right :( I'd love to have the chance to look into this for you!

Can you send us a Facebook PM or Twitter DM? We'll be able to look into that for you there! Feel free to copy/paste or send us the link to your post here on complaints board so you don't have to write everything all over again.

We'll be waiting :)

- Samantha

FIDOmobility

fido have a terrible service, I recently have a Job interview and when they called me and texted me no calls or text was received in my phone.

after few hours of the interview they said they called me on tuesday september 12 2016 I only found out when I called then on friday september 16 2016.

FIDO — fido/fido cell phone ripping off customers

BEWARE: Fido is a culprit and dishonest company in Canada her my experience in Fido, first bill was sent...

Surrey

FIDO — fido solutions / costumer service

Fido customer si a worst customer service in canada, the people are working in fido worst than the company...

Surrey

Fido Exclusivelg g3 cell phone is a lemon!!!

What a nightmare….
                    I bought an LGG3 cell phone through Fido and it turns out to be a lemon. The phone had fluctuating volume right from the time I opened the box at 1st I thought it was some crazy feature that I didn’t understand but when I showed it to the Fido rep he said it was a defect and 2 months into the use it shouldn’t happen. He sent it out for repairs. The phone came back with this “phone will cost more than replacement cost” therefore, fix was made. I was blown away……. for a phone that is still under warranty and defect existing from the 1st day the manufacturer (ie. LG) refused to fix.
                    I called LG’s customer service department to speak with the supervisor. I was told that supervisor will call me back within a day or two, it didn’t happen. I called back, I was told the same thing, it didn’t happen. I have called 4 times and every time the supervisor wasn’t available to speak with me. I just want to get this phone fixed. I have been dealing with this LEMON product for over 2 months and getting bounced around.
                    I wish I had bought an I-phone or Samsun phone, they actually care about their customer satisfaction (unlike LG). It was a mistake to buy an LG product. I will keep this experience in mind for future purchases and share this experience with Friends and Family. Thanks a lot LG!!!

BQ

Last customer service rep I spoke with = Paula
                    CNM-[protected]

FIDOcharge for service not provided

After my prison 3 year contract expired FIDO didnt even call me to renew my contract or to check what are my plans regarding their service. Contract was until April 07/2015. Due to poor customer service and overpriced service and jail time contract I decided to transfer my phone number to another mobile provider. Couple days after I got invoice for $75!? Here is their explanation. As it can be seen Im charged for service that Im not using!!!??? Also they charged me for international messaging from USA!!??? I wasnt traveling to USA in that period April 13 to May 12!?
                      What is my choice? This is robbery! Im surprised that they can do this business in Canada!

FIDO Message Web Today at 2:52 PM

I am really sorry to learn that you transferred your account to another provider.

I see that you are dissatisfied for these reasons that you mentioned in your email. Rest assured that we appreciate your business. For this reason I referred you to call our Customer Relations to benefit from the best offer available for your account. I see that you didn't call them to inquire about the available offers.

In regards to the invoice, I would like to clarify that the current invoice is the one of April 12. The final invoice will be processed on May 13.

Here are the details of the fees/charges on the current invoice:

$55: Monthly fee from April 13 till May 12
                      $5: Data overage charge (usage of additional 54.98 MB)
                      $4.50: 6 text messages (roaming in the USA)

I hope this adequately responds to your questions.

Should you have further questions or requests, please feel free to communicate with us.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Mohamad | Fido Customer Service Representative
                      www.fido.ca

• Fido's response · Apr 22, 2015

Hi Drrago,

My name is Mathieu and I work with the social media team at Fido. If you transfered your number after April 12, it is normal that you received another invoice billing you until May 12, this is only because the invoice was already being processed before the account was cancelled. As Mohamad explained, you should be receiving a final invoice in May confirming the cancellation of the account with an adjustment showing to credit for the period between the last day your phone was active and May 12.

As for the US messages, they should be for usage done between March 13 until April 12.

If you want us to look ino this with you, please send us a private message through here or through our Facebook page and we will be happy to follow up with you.

- Mathieu
                          FidoSolutions

FIDO — tricked into switching to an inferior plan that I was then overcharged for

I am currently going through an extremely difficult experience with Fido, which called me two months ago to...

Vancouver

FIDOBilling and customer service

I payed my dec fido bill at there kisok in champlain mall in brossard on the 22nd 150$. there insta bake type paymet self help cash was closed with a tarp over it but when I look at it iwas told they could help me there. so I waited almost a hour for service as they were busy as hell. when I got my turn, I was told thay cound not help me, in shock I said that dude there said you could and the girl serving me siged and asked my name cell number and postal-code, and took my 150 $ and we were done in 5 mins and she could goon selling to make commission as it showed thats what she wanted. well to my surprize some time on the 8th 9th or even early 10th I was cut off, I got a text on the 10th after I tryed to make a phone call. saying to pay my over due bill or I may be cut off. I have tryed calling fido and they were rude with me saying I never payed and when I tryed to explain what happened all they would say is when I am planing to pay. again I tryed to explain what happend holding the recipt in my hand. and again thay ask say ok mr. — how can we get paied and when. I then asked to talk to a superviser. and am told no. and he started to ask again how I can make as I hung up the phone. I went right to the fido kisok wher thoiss happened and noone was there. as I went to leave a lil voice calls
                        and the fido rep is walking slowly back with her coffie. I again explain what happened and and im told that the ppl in the kisok can not access my info. I showed the bill and she takes it and says she would be right back. when she returned she explaines that my bill was not from there store as it had the name"cell ieon"on the bill that she did not return with. I demand I get that bill back, and with a huff and puff the girl is on her way again. befor she returns I am aproched by 3 mall cops and get escorted out. non of witch spoke englis, I think that that kisok is called cell ieon and they have a right to sell fido but no one is saying a thing other than someone from the call said they do rent space to a cell icon booth in the mall.
                        I want to add thiss. on december 10 2013 fido called my cell. I was pay and go then. they offered me to go to a no contract contract. with a fell samsung phone, lower monthly bill, and no more hassle with 3 free months., I said yes then they said all again to record it. I said yes. 1 month lateer I got my first bill but no phone. after 3 months of being called a lier and that thay never made me that deal they could not explain how I was on the bill. and I got the so called free cell. I paid my first bill what was spose to be free, and out of the next 3 month 2 I had no phone as my old cell did not work on the new service I was put on. my 4th bill was 80$ over what it should have been, and I was told its 3 party charges. fido did give me the number of a vancover company but they told me nothing as I was not to deal with them but my provider and I paid that extra 80 to not have a hassle. but now you have gone too far fido, way too far. but I am glad you cut of my no contract contract becouse when I asked you said I could not leave till 2017. and guss what fido I singed nothing but my voice that you said you never got.

• Fido's response · Jan 14, 2015

Hi there,

My name is Mathieu and I work with the social media team at Fido. I am sorry to read of your experience and I would like to look further into this. Could you send us a private message with your Fido number so we can see what can be done?

Mathieu
                            Fido Solutions

• Fido's response · Jan 19, 2015

Good morning,

My name is Steve and I also work for Fido's social media support team. We haven't received any messages from you. Feel free to send us a private message with your phone number, and we'll promptly look into it.

Steve
                            Fido Solutions

• Al
                            Al42 Jan 19, 2015

its been over a week and iv heard nothing back from fido and calling them seems pointless as i have to explain all each time .and am fed op of being called a lier. you have lied to me 3 times befor fido and never oncedid a thing when i proved you wrong.and why would you think i would belive your from a company that says ppl that call from there phone number dont work for them as im spose to belive your here to help nice try matt ha ha...!

FIDObilling

I cancelled my account at Fido six months ago. Now they are charging me over 200 dollars saying that I never cancelled it. It is outrageous. I am not even in the country anymore and do not plan to come back. Shameful. It is the second time Fido screws up with my account. I do not recommend them, unless you want to get billed for services you did not use.

• Fido's response · Dec 10, 2014

Hi Vitor,

If you called in to cancel the line at the time we can deffinitely adjust this and make sure everythig is corrected. could you sedn us a private message with th phone number that should be cancelled and an email address we can use to communicate with you?

Mathieu
                              - Fido Solutions

Nassim (Salesgirl sign Fido Canada)rude salesgirl

On Friday, July 11, 2014, I went to this Fido location at the Hillcrest mall and had encountered a very rude and unprofessional sales associate by the name of Nassim.

Nassim is of thick build, wears glasses with black hair to which the ends of her hair were stained with a light-blue colour. I assume she is of Iranian descent judging how she was talking and serving one of the Iranian customers behind me in the line and speaking to them in Persian as well.

I decided to ignore this, but as soon as I inquired about that new Samsung phone, she gave me a dirty look and raised her voice at me. I then confronted Nassim and told her she was rude but didn't listen and she then ignored me and yelled to one of her co-workers that she was going "on break".

I will never shop at this Fido location ever again. Thank you, Nassim, for being rude and snobby.

• Vi
                                VisayasCrazy Aug 04, 2014

@RogersMichaelT

Its about time that you "responded" to this incident "Michael" because you guys never reply back from your OWN WEBSITE about complaints. Why did it take you 12 days to respond?

It should've taken you within a day to respond. I sense something foul here.

• RogersMichaelT Jul 28, 2014

Good afternoon, I'm Mike from the Fido social media team. I truly apologize for the experience you encountered, and have provided feedback internally. They will investigate and take the necessary actions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

FIDOfido triple charge on single service and refuse to refund

My family and I had been with fido for many years. Their service was okay back in days until I was helping my dad to change plan on his prepaid Fido service. He was on a prepaid anytime 40 cents/min plan then change to a $85 annual plan which including 100 anytime mins and unlimited weekend and weeknight minute. He used to be with Fido for years, so he had accumulated $170+ on his prepaid account. We were planning to switch to the $85 plan with the credit on his account. When I was switching plans online, the system automatically charge on my registered credit card which I used to purchase voucher before. I immediate call Fido to address the issue, the agent charged on my credit card again before she charge on my prepaid account. All-in-All, Fido charged me 3 times for one single service.
                              Here is my experiences interact with their customer service rep.:

1st Call on April 9, 2014
                              I called Fido to address this incorrect charge on my credit card instead from the prepaid balance. The prepaid account balance had $170+ which is sufficient to pay for the $85 plan + tax, in total of $96.05. The agent told me they cannot refund what they had charged, and I will need to remove the registered credit card if I wanted to use the balance on my account to pay for the plan (I know that now, after Fido charged on my card without asking method of payment for the plan). I insisted the system did not have any message to inform the charge will be on my card and it does not make sense to make such charge while my account balance can cover the cost of the plan. After battling with her for 30 mins and request to talk to her manager, she had agreed to help reversing the payment by charging from my prepaid account instead of the credit card.
                              When she try to make charge on my prepaid account from her end, she found out the system did automatically make charge on my credit card again!! Then she removed my registered card and make charge again, this time she did charge on my account. She promised me multiple times she will make a refund to my credit card for those 2 charges and created 2 separate cases for each charge on my card. Alright, I had her words to get back on my 2 charges on my credit card in the total of $192.10 ($85+tax *2).

2nd Call May 22, 2014
                              I called Fido for not receiving a refund for the incorrect charge on my credit card, I waited long enough to make sure the refund is not coming on the next statement. After explaining the rather complicated story to the agent, she said there is a note on my account from weeks ago saying the customer should contact the credit card company to "send a letter to Fido in order to reverse the payment". I asked why can't Fido simply do a refund on my credit card, then everyone will be happy. The agent said their company policy does not allowing refund on prepaid account. Well, I am not impressed by Fido making mistake in a way to randomly charge on my card and simply said whatever charged are non-refundable according to the company policy.

3rd Call May 22, 2014
                              After calling the credit card company, they do not understand what I meant by "send a letter to Fido to get my money back". Alright, call back Fido immediately, try to fill in the background with previous care #, but the agent let me tell him the story again rather than willing to read from the case. He does not seems to be care of my concern, and simply tell me their company policy does not offer refund. I requested to talk to his manager, he let me wait for 30 mins without any response, I hung up.

4th Call May 22, 2014
                              This is the third call of the day to Fido. This time the agent looked into my case and opened a new case to account the means communication, the credit card which I got charged, and the transaction # for Fido to trace the payment. I had been told someone will look into this case and will contact me within the next 24-48 hour. Alright, I got her word, cross fingers with my new case#.

5th Call May 28, 2014
                              I called up Fido and tell them I was expecting someone to call me since the last Thursday, May 22nd, but does not receive any until today. She looked into my case and told me your account had a note indicate that you need to contact the credit company to get the payment revoked, then Fido can do a reverse payment. She said she can provide me with text message, so I can use that to talk to my credit card company to revoke the payment. I do not understand what does she mean by that as there is no retail location for credit card company, and a text message is not a valid document. To avoid the situation from the last, I insisted the agent to call the credit card company to sort it out. She then put us on a conference call, then now I got a better picture of what's going on. Fido needs the credit card company to DISPUTE the charge then they can do *reverse payment* (not refund tho). However, the credit card company needs a prove of payment by other mean before they can dispute the charge, that is, Fido needs to send me the payment history of my $85 annual plan from my prepaid account before I can file for dispute. The agent does not seems to be able to provide such payment history and put me on hold to ask opinion from her co-worker. I requested to talk to her manager, she put me on hold for 10 mins and come back with an option by offering 1-year extension to my prepaid service with $85 *bonus* on my account, and revoke 1 payment of $85 on my credit card. I dont get how is this an offer. First of all, the $85 add to on my account is not *bonus*, I paid for it!! Second, if I even had to file a dispute, what is the different to do just one payment or both? I asked her what is the benefit of doing that, she said it's an option... well, she cant even justify it.
                              I asked to talk to her manager again, she put me on hold for 20 mins then said her manager is taking a call and ask me to leave a phone number to call me back before this Friday. She asserted her manager is looking for option on case and promised multiple times I will get a call back this time.
                              Fido's customer service is reaching my bottom line, they had made multiple mistake on my case to cause all these trouble happened.
                              1. The system failed to check the account balance before charging customer's credit card
                              2. Agent charged on my credit card the second time
                              3. Refused to make refund on their mistakes
                              4. As a customer, I am not on the position to sort out the case for their mistake
                              5. Fido's *company policy* is protecting herself, rather than customer nor the relationship between them

I am not trying to get any benefit from Fido, am doing all these just to get my own money back on their mistakes!!! What a company!

• Fi
                                  fidoo Jan 30, 2016

hi Anti-Fido

I have a case with Fido now and Fido kept refusing to refund for unauthorized payment. I m wondering if you get refund in the end and how long it took? Fido may have an weird policy for customer..

• Fr
                                  frankyy123 May 28, 2014

My family and i had been with fido for many years. Their service was okay back in days until i was helping my dad to change plan on his prepaid fido service. He was on a prepaid anytime 40 cents / min plan then change to a $85 annual plan which including 100 anytime mins and unlimited weekend and weeknight minute. He used to be with fido for years, so he had accumulated $170+ on his prepaid account. We were planning to switch to the $85 plan with the credit on his account. When i was switching plans online, the system automatically charge on my registered credit card which i used to purchase voucher before. I immediate call fido to address the issue, the agent charged on my credit card again before she charge on my prepaid account. All - in - all, fido charged me 3 times for one single service.
                                  Here is my experiences interact with their customer service rep. :

1st call on april 9, 2014
                                  I called fido to address this incorrect charge on my credit card instead from the prepaid balance. The prepaid account balance had $170+ which is sufficient to pay for the $85 plan + tax, in total of $96. 05. The agent told me they cannot refund what they had charged, and i will need to remove the registered credit card if i wanted to use the balance on my account to pay for the plan (I know that now, after fido charged on my card without asking method of payment for the plan) . I insisted the system did not have any message to inform the charge will be on my card and it does not make sense to make such charge while my account balance can cover the cost of the plan. After battling with her for 30 mins and request to talk to her manager, she had agreed to help reversing the payment by charging from my prepaid account instead of the credit card.
                                  When she try to make charge on my prepaid account from her end, she found out the system did automatically make charge on my credit card again!! Then she removed my registered card and make charge again, this time she did charge on my account. She promised me multiple times she will make a refund to my credit card for those 2 charges and created 2 separate cases for each charge on my card. Alright, i had her words to get back on my 2 charges on my credit card in the total of $192. 10 ($85+tax *2) .

2nd call may 22, 2014
                                  I called fido for not receiving a refund for the incorrect charge on my credit card, i waited long enough to make sure the refund is not coming on the next statement. After explaining the rather complicated story to the agent, she said there is a note on my account from weeks ago saying the customer should contact the credit card company to "send a letter to fido in order to reverse the payment". I asked why can't fido simply do a refund on my credit card, then everyone will be happy. The agent said their company policy does not allowing refund on prepaid account. Well, i am not impressed by fido making mistake in a way to randomly charge on my card and simply said whatever charged are non - refundable according to the company policy.

3rd call may 22, 2014
                                  After calling the credit card company, they do not understand what i meant by "send a letter to fido to get my money back". Alright, call back fido immediately, try to fill in the background with previous care #, but the agent let me tell him the story again rather than willing to read from the case. He does not seems to be care of my concern, and simply tell me their company policy does not offer refund. I requested to talk to his manager, he let me wait for 30 mins without any response, i hung up.

4th call may 22, 2014
                                  This is the third call of the day to fido. This time the agent looked into my case and opened a new case to account the means communication, the credit card which i got charged, and the transaction # for fido to trace the payment. I had been told someone will look into this case and will contact me within the next 24 - 48 hour. Alright, i got her word, cross fingers with my new case#.

5th call may 28, 2014
                                  I called up fido and tell them i was expecting someone to call me since the last thursday, may 22nd, but does not receive any until today. She looked into my case and told me your account had a note indicate that you need to contact the credit company to get the payment revoked, then fido can do a reverse payment. She said she can provide me with text message, so i can use that to talk to my credit card company to revoke the payment. I do not understand what does she mean by that as there is no retail location for credit card company, and a text message is not a valid document. To avoid the situation from the last, i insisted the agent to call the credit card company to sort it out. She then put us on a conference call, then now i got a better picture of what's going on. Fido needs the credit card company to dispute the charge then they can do *reverse payment* (Not refund tho) . However, the credit card company needs a prove of payment by other mean before they can dispute the charge, that is, fido needs to send me the payment history of my $85 annual plan from my prepaid account before i can file for dispute. The agent does not seems to be able to provide such payment history and put me on hold to ask opinion from her co - worker. I requested to talk to her manager, she put me on hold for 10 mins and come back with an option by offering 1 - year extension to my prepaid service with $85 *bonus* on my account, and revoke 1 payment of $85 on my credit card. I dont get how is this an offer. First of all, the $85 add to on my account is not *bonus*, i paid for it!! Second, if i even had to file a dispute, what is the different to do just one payment or both? I asked her what is the benefit of doing that, she said it's an option. . . Well, she cant even justify it.
                                  I asked to talk to her manager again, she put me on hold for 20 mins then said her manager is taking a call and ask me to leave a phone number to call me back before this friday. She asserted her manager is looking for option on case and promised multiple times i will get a call back this time.
                                  2. Agent charged on my credit card the second time
                                  3. Refused to make refund on their mistakes
                                  4. As a customer, i am not on the position to sort out the case for their mistake

I am not trying to get any benefit from fido, am doing all these just to get my own money back on their mistakes!!! What a company!