Having problems with Fido?

Fido Customer Service Contacts

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

C

FIDO — mobile & customer service

I switched mine and my wife's plan from Rogers to Fido to get the new $60 for 10GB plan. I went to the store...

FIDOno access to fido account online and last bill

Hi,
My cousin cosigned for me for a cell phone with Fido in Dec 2014 because I was a newcomer to Canada. In summer 2015, I called and had the contract transferred to my name alone. In Nov 2017, I cancelled my contract and they told me that I will continue to have access to Fido online to view my last bill and previous bills for up to 18 months. I tried to log on a few days ago, and I couldn't. I called customer service and they told me that I no longer have access and only my cousin has access now. How can she have access to my account when my contract has been in my name since Summer 2015? This is really weird to me. So I didn't receive my last bill, I don't know how much I owe them... My account number was [protected]

• Fido's response · Dec 08, 2017

Hi Natalie,

Claudia here from Fido. I'd love to look into this with you to sort things out and check out the balance :)
      Send us a Private Message on Facebook or Twitter to get started: http://fido.ly/2f98vt7
      Hope to talk to you soon!

FIDOmobile phone

I email you almost 4 month ago that I want to stop my $12 insurance plan as I already lost my phone.I even called to fido customer center but they are still charging me for insurance plan. I already paid the fido bill 4 month ago. I don't understand what's the point of these customer services if you are not ready to solve our problems. I am paying for your insurance services frim last 10 month that to without any reason. so will you please stop charging me for your insurance service.

• Fido's response · Dec 08, 2017

Hey Kamaljit,

Claudia here from Fido.
        That doesn't sound right at all! We'll be happy to help you, just send us a Private Message on Facebook or Twitter: http://fido.ly/2f98vt7
        Hope to hear from you soon :)

C

FIDO — unprofessional support team

I am very disappointed with the technical support team. I hate the blaming game that they play. Me and my...

Montreal

FIDOI am complaining about my bill with fido, and lack of communication.

On the 17 of October 2017, I received a voice mail stating that I owned them $500.00, and I needed to pay $195.00 now. I have a flip phone and I do not believe that this is at all possible for the model of my phone, that would mean I had not pay for 10 months. On the 17 of September I did by $150.00, and they said I would be back to normal. I cannot get in touch with them, everytime I call there number, and I have searched all of the internet for a phone number that I could reach them at, and I have not found a way to contact them. My phone # is [protected] because I can not access my account either, or you can email me at [protected]@outlook.com.
      Truly Karren Owen

• Fido's response · Oct 25, 2017

Hey Karren!
          Nick here from the Fido team :)
          We'd love to help out and we can be reached through many channels! We even offer support on Facebook and Twitter!
          Check out Fido.ca/contactus for all the ways to reach us and we can take a look at this together.

FIDOtablet

I got a tablet over the phone. with customer service fido. They sent it to me in the mail. from day 1 I had problems with it. I went to the store 9 days after I had received it. They were very unprofessional and rude. The gut who first started helping me. took off to help someone else. ledt me standing there. the manager. was suppose to take care of getting the problem fixed.6 weeks later. she sends me a message saying they cant get a hold of alcatel. and I need to come get tablet and deal with problem myself. Telling me p.s. dont give my staff a hard time when you come in. problem is still pending and its 2 months later.

• Fido's response · Jul 27, 2017

Hi Frank,

Claudia here from Fido.
            Really sad to read about your experience in store! This really doesn't represent the way we like to treat our customers and we'd really love a chance to look into it with you and make things right!
            You can reach out by sending us a Private Message on Facebook here: http://bit.ly/PMFido or on Twitter here http://bit.ly/DMFidoSolutions.
            We really hope to hear from you soon to sort things out :)

FIDOclosing my fido account

I lost my phone 4 month ago. and I called customer service to know if I can claim new phone as Ihad a protection plan of my phone. they said I dont have any insurance plan. I requested them to close my account as I want to clear all my account. after a month I got mail that I had not paid my monthly bill then I again called them and they said that they just deactivated my account so I have to pay my bill and now they are going to close my account as a result I paid a bill of 170 and again after ome month they sent me mail of not paying my bill and I again called them and told them to close my account and request them to stop charging my about my phone protection plan. this is really frustrating I paid 2 month bill without using that phone. although now they closed my fido account and send me remaining bill that I need to pay to close the contract but they are still charging my about mobole protection plan saying that its my phone insurance plan. whats the point of this insurance plan when I don't have phone.

• Fido's response · Jul 08, 2017

We can definitely take a look at this with you! We would however need you to send us a message so we can review things :)

You can message us on Facebook or Twitter. Here are the direct links:
              Twitter: http://bit.ly/DMFidoSolutions
              Just reference this thread and we'll be more than happy to assist!

If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can check out the other ways to reach us here : Fido.ca/contactus

• Updated by kamaljit kamaljit · Jul 08, 2017

first of all thank you for replying me back. secondly as I told you I lost my phone so I don't have my fido account information. thirdly I wat you to stop charging me for mobile protection plan as they are still charging me. and I want to know the amount of money left to clear my fido account. I called them and they told me that they will send me bill before 1 july but I didnot get that.

• Fido's response · Jul 06, 2017

Hi there
              Thanks for reaching out about this! To start off, I'm definitely sorry to learn your phone was lost :( That's never fun!
              If you are subscribed to the Device Protection Plan, the charge for the option would show up on your bills, every month. To view or print your online bill: Log into MyAccout / Click on "Billing & Payments" / Select the month you'd like to see in the drop-down list / Scroll down & click on "Save this bill (PDF)". From there, do you see the Device Protection as an Add-On on your bill?

I also hear that your line should have been cancelled but it seems your request didn't go through - I'd really like the chance to fix that situation with you :) To get in touch with us about this, you can send us a Private Message on Facebook here: http://on.fb.me/1QXI42f or on Twitter here: http://bit.ly/1m2OClk We'd love to hear back! Thanks again for getting in touch.

-Catherine

FIDO7 days service, fido charges me $249.79, worst people on the planet

Opened an account on june 26th 2017, returned it on july 3rd 2017, fido sent me a bill for $249.78, called in customer service, trying to get some results, nothing coming out...

Fido employee told me use whatever data I want from june 26th to june 27th, it would be free because my cycling date starts on 27th. So I used 1.03gb on the 26th... Now they are charging me for all of the date been used...

I have never seen such customer service, such un-acknowledged services reps either in the store or over the phone...

Its a huge disappointment overall, I would never recommended anyone to fido. I dont even understand how a company like this managers its own business without disappointing customers.

• Fido's response · Jul 05, 2017

Hey there

Thanks for reaching out about this! That definitely doesn't sound like a regular 1st bill because of the high charge - I'm with you there! We'd really love the chance to help & take a closer look at this situation with you! You can send us a Private Message on Facebook here: http://on.fb.me/1QXI42f or on Twitter here: http://bit.ly/1m2OClk Thanks again!

-Catherine

FIDOunethical behaviour and phone billing

This incident took place on May 3rd 2017. I have been a costumer with Fido since September 2013 and have always been charged outstanding amounts such as 300$ per month although my plan might have been a 40$ plan. This year my contract was coming to an end and so I decided to pay my remaining balance and just move companies because my whole paycheck would go to Fido and as an international student with multiple expenses that became a monthly stress. So I went in store and requested to pay the full remaining amount. And I made the total payment cash. Right after leaving the store I called costumer service to request the cancellation of my account so I can go to a different company and be able to keep my number. Unfortunately, the agent told me that such thing wouldn't be possible because the payment would take 3-5 business days to go through and so I had to wait. However, the agent suggested that the request for the cancelation has went through and that the days that I had to wait would simply just be redeemed and I didn't have to worry about it. So I waited 5 days and on May 8th I called to verify that my account can officially be canceled and after they confirmed I took my number to my new company.
              Two months later, today I opened my school email and I noticed that I have received a Fido email that has a total of 295$ billing. Shocked, I called costumer service and at first they were also surprised. However, the excuse was that this amount is of my April balance. I argued saying that this can't be true since I already paid April by May 3rd! And the agent insisted that I had to pay the balance otherwise it would have to go into collections. I requested to speak to a supervisor and she also said that I shouldn't be surprised that I am seeing this amount. Her comment was sarcastic, rude and I could tell that she is not willing to help me or u understands where I am coming from!
              I am currently really stressed, frustrated and disappointed. I feel like I have been lied to because I was never told anything about this amount before I leave the company instead I was mislead by the agent that everything is okay and I have nothing to worry about.
              I am really annoyed and saddened that no-one from the company wants to take responsibility for the wronged way of communication and inappropriate way of handling the situation the agents showed.
              And I am left owing 295$ and not knowing nothing about it!
              I desire that the amount would be redeemed and I would not receive any emails or any kind of communication with the company no longer. Moreover, I am deeply saddened that I even suggested the company to multiple of my friends and they going through the same struggle!
              Hope you can help out at least!

• Fido's response · Jun 16, 2017

Hi Flodora! We're sad to hear you left us. We definitely want to look at your account to explain the invoice to you. Reach us via Facebook or Twitter so we can sort this out together. :) -Terry

• Fido Solutions Jun 18, 2017

Well that's harsh :s I can completely understand how a situation like this will leave you frustrated; but we're here to help you Flodora. If you change your mind, you know where to find us. Have a great Sunday! - Samantha

• Fi
                  FIodora Jun 16, 2017

Can you not read you stupid idiot, there is nothing you. I do not wish to contact you idiots any longer. Terry.

FIDOphone replacement

Purchased a samsung galaxy S5 neo phone through Fido. The software got corrupted after less than 6 months of use and became unusable. I had replacement protection plan on the phone at a cost of $12/month. When I called, I was first misled to believe that I had to call an insurance company to replace the phone. That was wrong as the insurance company advised me that Fido would replace the phone where it was under 6 months old. I then called Fido again and received the worst possible service to the point whereas, I became so frustrated with the misinformation from several agents, dropped calls and complete lack of accountability that to keep my sanity, I determined the only course of action, to avoid this horrible service ever again, was to completely absolve myself of ever having to deal with Fido ever again.

• Fido's response · Jun 09, 2017

It's really unfortunate it had to end this way, if there's something you need please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be more than happy to help or at least make things better.

Thanks!

-Rachel

• Updated by jimmerstick · Jun 09, 2017

Unfortunately, the nearest place for me to return the phone to Fido to have it fixed is 150 kilometers away from me, and after going a day without the phone mentioned above, and having been given the run around by several Fido representatives, and wasting 2 hours of my time by being passed around from Fido agent to Fido agent and hung up on while on hold, I called and completely canceled my service with Fido, as any restitution offered was completely insulting. Apparently my business was not wanted, as when I called to cancel, there was no attempt by any agent of Fido to try and keep me as a customer. I will now add a 5th phone to my existing companies business plan through Bell.

• Fido's response · Jun 08, 2017

Hey jimmerstick.

That's definitely not the type of experience that we want any of our customers to have!

In the case that your phone has a defec, t and is still covered by the manufacturer's one year warranty, you can bring it in to any participating Fido store to send your phone for repair. If you need a loaner phone while your phone is out for repair, we can provide you one. There is a $50 security deposit that will be refunded when the loaner phone is returned.

Don't forget that you can also reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter if you have any other questions! :)

- Amanda

• Jf
                    JF Amprimoz Aug 13, 2019

How is this considered resolved? The company screwed this guy and the customer service was terrible, then they offered him lousy compensation from a retention perspective, so he left. The "resolution statement" is completely inaccurate.

• Fi
                    FIodora Jun 16, 2017

Why not stfu instead of pretending to care. I had a issue with u idiots as well and you gave one of your [censor] replies. Just stfu and leave us all alone.

Fido Mobileregarding my phone bill

I am an international student. complaining about my Fido mobile bill . i took this Fido connection last year with 62$ per month bill . i use this connection mostly for the local usage and internet .first two months i payed 62$ as my mobile bill after it increases like 150 and then it going up . as i am an student i can't afford the bill so i called the customer care and asked for a detailed bill .but the customer executive is not willing to give a detailed instead of giving me the bill she told me that we can resolve your problem by choosing other option in mobile bill. i asked 3-4 times for the detailed bill calling in different times . they are not willing for that and last December i lost my sim card and i called them to cancel my phone number . i thought the mobile service was cancelled .but i don't know two days back i received a letter from a collection agency named Gatestone to pay back an amount of $ 1, 133.31.I am not using this no for along time and i thought this no was cancelled . now what i have to do i don't know my email had some issues so i didn't noticed that they are sending me the bill .my problem is i am international student this is a big issue for me that collection agency recovery and all will affect my stay in Canada . one more issue is i don't know what to do to resolve this problem . as i am student i payed a big amount as my fees and for my stay in Canada please help me to resolve this problem this, my humble request .

• Fido's response · May 17, 2017

Hey geethu gopan,
                      First I'd like to apologize for your experience, the last thing we want is to make your stay in Canada as an International student stressful. We'd love a chance to take a look at your account to sort this out . Can you please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can help you out? I'm looking forward hearing from you :) . - Ranya

• Fido Solutions May 17, 2017

To make it easier for you to find us, here are the links to reach out :

- Ranya

FIDOfido mobile service

Fido is worst mobile service I have ever used. I am really frustrated with you guys. You can comply to the plan been offered to me prior to the deal. I was offered a plan of 45$ dollars with 1000 mins international calling, 3gb data, canada wise calling. without informing me, the company changes the plan after 5 days of installation. its been 5 months i have been using fido. the company managers are every month accepting and declining to accept this plan for me. 1 month I get this plan, next month the new supervisors declines it.. its been 3 times with me. providing the case number and manager name I1045656260 - jainish.

• Fido's response · May 15, 2017

Hey Jainish! Nick here from the Fido team.

Our plans and promos do change quite often, so it's best to jump on an offer you're interested in right away! That said, we can always take a second look at your account to see what happened, and what can be done.

Don't hesitate to message us either on Facebook or Twitter and we can check all that out for you! Here are the links:

H

FIDO — i'm complaining regarding the bluffing in billing

Hi my name is Hafsa I have an a/c with Fido [protected].2months back I got a plan on promotion scheme fr20$. I...

Toronto

FIDOunethical behaviour

Have been a regular customer from last 15 years but soon gonna switch to Rogers or Bell . The fido agent @ 128st -84 Ave Surrey named M.Khaira is kind of rude and never provides accurate information . This Feb, my niece got a new phone from him and he lied that everything is fine but actually it had some software and battery issues for which she had to pay almost 200$ to Apple care. Also, he made a plan for 65 $ which is intially 6 GB data and unlimited canada wide calling, international texting and 5$ for international roaming. Quite unethical and if you complain or try to deactivate your account or bill payments he will reply in such a weird and arrogant manner. Many times my friends tried to give feedback about him to Fido care but nobody cares. This is not appropriate how you treat your customers who are loyal customers with fido for 15 long years. Quite unethical and intolerant . #self -respect# inhumane# arrogance # loyality matters # not happy # soon to be a rogers customer .

• Fido's response · Apr 27, 2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write this.
                          While I understand your niece had a few problems with them phone, I’m not sure it would’ve been possible for the rep in store to know about it before giving it to her. Was AppleCare added when she purchased the phone?
                          Can you tell me a bit more about the plan, what seems to be the issue? Don’t hesitate to send me more details in private, I’ll be happy to access the account.
                          -FidoRachel

FIDOfido store in shopper's world, brampton ontario

I have been a Fido customer for many years and yesterday evening I signed up for a total of 4 lines including cell phone and internet, bringing business of 2 additional lines over from Bell. The entire process took 3 hours with Fido customer service, and I had been very patient throughout. I was told by customer service that my modem had been reserved for pick up at the Fido store in Shopper's World, Brampton, Ontario. I hurried to the store and reached at 8:54pm. The three associates ( Jasmeet, Crystal and one other guy!) refused to help me out and said they had closed all systems at 8:50. They just refused to do anything about it and started getting ready to leave with their jackets and backpacks by 8:56pm and asked me to leave. I called customer service on the spot and associate Cassandra on the phone tried to help me, but said even if I had called 1 minute earlier my issue would have been resolved. She apologized for the unprofessional behavior of the 3 associates (Jasmeet, Crystal and one othet) and said that if they had not wasted time refusing me service and if they had not shut their systems by 8:55pm, I would have re ceived my modem tonight. The three associates wasted precious time and displayed very unprofessional body language, putting on their winter coats, hanging their backpacks on their back and telling me to leave the store while I was talking to customer service. I felt humiliated beacause of their attitude and behaviour, just laughing, talking amongst themselves, slamming drawers in front of me and making noise while I was talking on the phone. After refusing to serve me and asking me to leave, when the 3 associates saw that I wouldn't budge and I was calling customer service on the spot, Crystal pretended to call from her phone but by then it was past 9pm and she said she cannot reach them, while I was still talking to customer service on my phone. If she had done the needfull as soon as I had showed up at 8:54pm instead of denying me service, I am certain her actions would have been more effective. But she and her colleagues were very reluctant and only appeared to make a call once she realized I was going to escalate it. They displayed complete unwillingness to serve a customer within operational hours displayed under law and further insulted me by asking me to leave. It was the worst form of behaviour by any retail professionals that I had ever experienced. I am shocked that in these times of stiff competition, the detrimental nature of business impact such employees are causing to companies. I am seriously considering taking all lines of business back from Fido to Bell and also setting up my small business account with Bell. The Store Manager's name is Josh at the Fido store in Shopper's World, Brampton Ontario.

• Su
                            Suzanne Mason Apr 01, 2017

Very unprofessional. I work until 4:30 and take calls even at 4:29. Look how long their rudeness and inconsiderate attitudes took.
                            I found that there are some amazing employees and some really inconsiderate ones who take little pride in their commitment to valued customer service. Sorry that you had to experience this.

FIDOI am complaining about a employee

I went to Cedarbrae today, March 20, 2017 and was interested in purchasing a phone on a family plan, possible with my mother. I was asking the employee a question, and he must have thought it was stupid and laughed in my face turning his back. Even if he thought it was stupid, employees should not infringe on servicing individuals. I am not sure if, it was because I was a women, but he tried to demean me and insult me, as though I was a fool. I told him that his behaviour is insulting and he still continued to laugh. As I was leaving I returned and asked him for his name, and he said let me give you a card so you know where you should be complaining. I told him, I know where I am, I only need your name. The employee's name is Sunny, and he works for Fido at Cedarbrae mall. He is getting paid to insult customers.

• Fido's response · Mar 20, 2017

Hey Wendy,
                              Ranya here from Fido! That's definitely not what we want you to experience when you go to one of our stores! Thank you for reporting this, we'll make sure it's addressed! I'll send you a private message, I want to get more information on this and make sure all your questions were answered :) .
                              -Ranya

FIDOdefective lg pad lll tablet / rude representative

Purchased the tablet. It was defective. It won't charge / start. I called customer service and asked what to do. She says to return it to the store where I bought it. After explaining to her that this would not be easy as we live 3 hours from Kingston Ontario, so, could I take it to the store in Belleville, Ontario, only 1 1/2 hour round trip, she consults someone else and says yes.
                            I arrive at the kiosk in Belleville, a representative by the name of Rick is there. I tell him what the problem is. Right away he tells me that I'm wrong, that he cannot take a look to see what is wrong, that I'll have to return it to the point of sale store. I explained that the distance makes it difficult, not to mention the tine and gas involved.
                            It didn't matter what I said he refused. I asked him to check out the cord. No. I asked him to call customer service repeatedly to see if they would check my file, he refused. I asked him to call to get an authorization to replace it, he refused. So altogether, I am ready to send this back to you, and cancel the contract. If the tablet won't work, there is no reason to pay for it! There should have been something he could have done. He kept replying with 'I'm sorry, but you have to take it back to the store where you bought it', over and over to any question I asked... I asked him for his last name and he refused. So, on a scale of 1-10, you get a zero. Either customer service does not know their job, or he, the representative in Belleville, at your kiosk, was a complete ###, refusing to offer any solution. I am still left with a $240 tablet that doesn't work. I currently have both home phone service and cell phone with your company, after this fiasco, I'm not sure that I want to be with a company that can't come up with a workable plan to resolve this. Here is my phone number [protected]. I would appreciate speaking with someone who has the authority to resolve this, not a lower employee that is not able to do anything about it. Thank you.

• Updated by Shoppinghappy · Mar 18, 2017

Revised phone number, [protected].

FIDOfido - worst cellular administration ever!!!

I ordered a second tablet (lg gpad iii 8.0) from fido back on december 13, 2016. it was supposed to arrive within 3 days. fido has made countless excuses (i.e. "product is backordered", "offer is no longer available", etc.) for non-delivery since then. i have interacted with fido 39 times to date hoping to resolve this issue and contacted the office of the president and the ombusman's office. fido then breached the hardware part of its own february 6, 2017 "executive resolution" with more of the same excuses. the advisor (samuel) at the fido - otp then sent me on a wild goose chase (sending me a link for a "substitute tablet - ipad air 2 lte 128gb", then he revoked that resolution offer, without respecting that he was wasting more of my valuable time. the amount of misinformation, errors, delays, confusion, etc. are unconscionable, and evidence fido's administration cannot deliver its products and services in a competent manner. it would appear that being constructive and civil does not lend any help to resolving fido created issues. 66 days later i feel thoroughly disrespected. why does rogers appear to be running fido into the ground? mark p.
                              The fido reserve number for my order is [protected]
                              The fido interaction i.d is i [protected]

FIDOups courier service

My Fido rep was awesome! He got me more than I expected, and I have never had a problem with Fido. The problem arose with UPS. And there were many, many problems. Finding no solution with UPS, I am forced to take time off work to collect my new phone from a UPS depot. Are they not paid to be a courier service? UPS provided APPALLING service, and I would NEVER use them. You will give MUCH better service to your clients by using Canada Post. Their service is reliable, courteous, and affordable. UPS is none of these. UPS was a horrible experience, that ends up costing me about half of what my new phone is worth. Just thought you should know that UPS is the WORST!

S

FIDO — customer relations

I have been a FIDO member since 2015. I was on a special plan that gave me 1 GB +1 GB data. I received a text...

Oakville