ExpediaUnhelpfully helpful.

F Mar 18, 2020

Now I am getting frustrated. I have talked to 2 agents on the phone. To the first agent I said I would like a refund or a voucher/raincheck. I mentioned that the itinerary didn't allow for refunds so the voucher/raincheck was fine. She contacted the hotel and they would not be reasonable during the Coronavirus pandemic. She then asked if she should cancel the booking. I said "I guess so, VIA rail has cancelled and I have no way to get there but I want to be able to leave a scathing review." She said I could still do that.
I called back when I couldn't find any way to review the hotel and the 2nd agent told me I could have got a voucher/raincheck but now that the booking was cancelled, I cannot. She quickly lost her helpful nature and just referred me to Expedia support online.
What gives? The first agent was pleasant through the entire call but didn't understand that I knew I couldn't get a refund and that a voucher/raincheck was fine. the second knew the mistake was on their end but didn't want to deal with it. First and last time dealing with Expedia.