Menu
Expedia Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Expedia
reviews and complaints

www.expedia.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 8272 Reviews

How responsive is Expedia's customer service?

108 Resolved
1293 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Expedia handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Expedia and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Expedia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Expedia reviews and complaints 1469

Sort by:

Newest Expedia reviews and complaints

F

Expedia Excellent service

I am writing to you to thank you for the service that I had received on February 9th 2018 and how grateful I am that you were able to cancel and reimburse all my reservations without any hassle.
As I am sure you are very aware Chicago, IL had experienced one of the worst snowstorms since 2015 on February 9th 2018. I was scheduled to fly into Chicago OHare International Airport at 10AM from Pittsburgh, PA but had experienced six hours of flight delays followed by an overall cancellation of my flight. I had made a reservation through Expedia at the Whitehall Hotel (Itinerary #***751) for three nights which had a fee of 275$ USD which was listed as non-refundable.
When I had made the call at the airport asking if there was anything I could do about my non-refundable reservation (perhaps receive some sort of voucher to use in the future) your customer service representative immediately assured me that they would speak to their manager to see if there was some way Expedia could look past the non-refundable bi-law and reimburse me.
Within fifteen minutes your customer service representative was able to get in contact with their manager, explain the situation and got an OK from Expedia to reimburse me. The next step was to contact the hotel and ask for their permission, this was done in a very efficient manner and I was only put on hold for roughly five minutes as they called the hotel and got their OK to reimburse me.
Three business days later I have been fully refunded and want to thank you for such excellent, prompt and timely service. You had made such a dreadful airport and travel experience somewhat manageable. I am so thankful for such excellent customer service from your company and look forward to booking with you again.

G

Expedia Horrible!

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible business. Do not use this business for anything! We booked a hotel with Expedia. When we arrived at the hotel, we found out we did not have a room because they was all booked up. It did not matter that Expedia took our money and sent us a booking number. All hotels where booked up in this area, we has no choice but to drive the 5 hours back home. After spending 3 hours on hold and multiple calls to Expedia, they confirmed we did not have a room and would issue a credit. After a 45 minutes we was told we would have the credit. Still waiting for it to show up on my card. Do not use this business. They didn't care we had no where to stay. Lesson learned, book directly with a company.

W
Replied
Expedia replied to this review.

Expedia From a very frustrated and disappointed individual, who had booked a trip to Key West, ******* on February 14, 2022 to *

From a very frustrated and disappointed individual, who had booked a trip to Key West, *** on February 14, 2022 to *** for a getaway through Expedia and purchased *** Travel Insurance since COVID-19 and due to the age of travelers. I was under the assumption that I was purchasing protection if something were to come up to have the trip cancelled without 100% refundable option. (attached the insurance policy for you to review and clearly states that 100% refundable is mentioned on the *** Travel Insurance Policy) But, I truly believe I have been misguided and taken full advantage of. As a trusting individual that you was not thoroughly explained in deep detail of what actually was being cancelled and confirming of what would happen. Instead I was mis instructed of what was actually going to happen if you cancelled. Making a huge by mistake when it was cancelled, that my purchased for what was most importantly booked to protect us from any mishap. The world is about making money under no circumstances of the consequences for the human being. It is about the bottom dollar and passing on the responsibility to someone else. I know that our country and ourselves have done that to us. So I am going to explain; what has happened to me and what burden it has caused on my life.My goal is to continue my dispute in this matter, because I am an honest person who works hard and believes that I have been taken for granted with the whole situation. Where I misunderstood was the cancellation of what policy was most important to protect me from a wonderful relaxing vacation that might end up being cancelled due uncontrollable.Let me know if anyone is understanding my concern with this charge being refunded. I would like to offer to pay the $159.27 back to *** insurance and *** keep the down payment of $683.57 and bound out the $2,858.02. Let me know if we can work something out within reasoning.

T

Expedia Cancelled flight during Covid 19

Cancelled flight during Covid 19. Flights resumed last month and wont honor new bookings.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia keep delaying our refund for two years already

keep delaying our refund for two years already. always said it is in process of getting refund to our CC. stay away from this company ever

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Always a great trip when dealing with Expedia!

Always a great trip when dealing with Expedia! I tried Priceline only once and it was so terrible! Expedia is BBB accredited and Priceline is not. I should have known better. Now, I know.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia I can't begin to say how happy I am with expedia

I can't begin to say how happy I am with expedia...had to cancel a trip due to corona virus and my parents compromised immune systems...they got me refunds for nearly every penny...yippeee

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia I filed a complaint with Expedia earlier and I want to resolve that complaint, they fully refunded me even though I was

I filed a complaint with Expedia earlier and I want to resolve that complaint, they fully refunded me even though I was never able to get in touch with anyone to ask for a refund. They ended up doing the decent thing and I appreciate that. I am trying to find a way to redact my previous complaint with them.

N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia We haven't used a travel agency in a long time but decided to go through Expedia covering zip codes ***** and *****

We haven't used a travel agency in a long time but decided to go through Expedia covering zip codes *** and *** right before Covid hit and i am SO glad we did. Our agent is AWESOME... thorough, diligent, and works on our behalf. Unfortunately we've had to use them. For certain, i HIGHLY recommend this business.

B

Expedia I booked a family vacation through Expedia and I did not have an issue

I booked a family vacation through Expedia and I did not have an issue. Our Rooms were great and our vacation was awesome thanks to Expedia and the Expedia representative at our resort. He was able to help with excursions and any changes we needed, including changing our private shuttle rental at the last minute due to inclement weather.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia I booked a ******** Airlines Round Trip Flight through *************************** advertised free personal item

I booked a *** Airlines Round Trip Flight through *** advertised free personal item included with flight. Never said what that personal item could be or mentioned size limit.When I arrived for *** Flight with my Backback ( as my personal Item ) *** said it was too big and made me pay a carry-on fee of $67 each way for the Round Trip Flight.I complained with Expedia who charged my credit card for the Flight. Expedia gave me no remedy, no refund, no credit.

M

Expedia Absolute fraudulent garbage company

Absolute fraudulent garbage company. I booked a flight from *** to ***. The second leg of my trip was cancelled through Expedia's incompetence without even notifying me. I went through 7 customer service representatives, many of which had a tenuous ability to make any kinds of coherent thought. The ones that could told me to contact the airline with who were never passed information from Expedia. I booked a trip, they took my money, and they failed to book the trip. Please include me on any class action lawsuits.

A

Expedia Do not book with Expedia

Do not book with Expedia. I booked a condo pictures on website were not at all what I received. Was supposed to have a full kitchen, did not. Was supposed to have soaking tub and separate shower, did not. Washer and dryer in unit, nope. Family room and dining room not at all as pictured. Called and they said initially all they could do was issue me a coupon for *** on my next stay. Then talked to someone else she said *** coupon then changed it to 1***. Took me 2 years to save for this trip. Coupon good for 1 year. I wont be traveling again for at least a few years and do they think I would actually book with them again, really. Pictures very misleading beware.

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia April 1st, I reserved a room with expedia.com at Main Stay suites in ********** on April 8

April 1st, I reserved a room with expedia.com at Main Stay suites in *** on April 8. Later on during the week, initial plans fell thru. So I tried cancelling thru expedia via text-chatted online at expedia's website. No one replied so I changed my plans in *** and went anyway, fully expecting to stay. Went to the hotel and they said expedia cancelled the reservation and all other rooms were booked. I found other accommodations.Upon returning home, I went to expedia's site and someone had finally answered my text-chat and said I'd have to call the hotel. When one does reserve a room thru expedia, it asks them if they want buy reservation insurance or risk their money. I guess that's what they mean: we want to add $5 onto your *** so you can stay the night. Is that extortion?

N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia The customer "experience" is the absolute worst!

The customer "experience" is the absolute worst! Despite 19 phone hours and several emails in which I have been promised the refund due (within *** business days), they continue to lose my information, provide ridiculous answers about what went wrong and refuse to escalate my inquiry when requested. Each person I speak with claims to have the largest authority (which is zero) at the entire company and there is no other person to speak with. They all state that "Ma'am this is the best I can do for you and there is no other person who will tell you different." I've been waiting on a refund since Oct 5, 2021 for *** business days. After 3 hours on the phone again today, I'm waiting again for my refund *** days. This time, they "promise" I will get my money back. It's truly awful and I will never use Expedia again! The agony of being Expedia's customer is too great.

J
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Two incidents need to be reported where their customer support team plain lied to me

Two incidents need to be reported where their customer support team plain lied to me. *** stole my money. Instead of giving me a refund for my flight, I was issued flight credit with an expiration date during a pandemic time when travel was ill-advised. They refused to extend the expiration date and instead they sent me directly to the airline (make it the airline's problem) which didn't respond within a month. By then, it had already expired and the airline (American Airlines) told me that this was Expedia's responsibility. 2.) Second instance was a name change on the airline ticket, of which we spent 3-hours with their customer support team speaking with several people in both phone calls and chat. After it was said in done, we were assured the correction was made. Only to never receive any confirmation of this change. No word on any updates who knows? NEVER giving these thieves money again and wish them nothing but failure.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia On Feb 18, 2022 my wife and I had the worse experience when we arrived to ****************************************,

On Feb 18, 2022 my wife and I had the worse experience when we arrived to ***, located at ***. It did not have any of the amenities in the description posted in expedia.com, Hotel was listed as having free breakfast, there was no breakfast at all. After checking in and getting the key to access the room, we walked from the hotel's office to the room and to start the elevators did not work, and we notice that the building was dirty and the hallway smelled like urine, with our heavy luggage we had walk the stairs to the 3rd floor, but that was not the worse, as soon as I opened the door, the room was dirty, smelled heavily of smoke / drugs Chairs were heavily stained and discolored, curtains and lamps broken. We did not want to continue in the room, all I wanted was to get my money back, since the place was nothing as it was listed in Expedia. I contacted Expedia (who I made my reservation through), informed them about the bad experience we had at the hotel and they said we can not do anything to get your money back. If I could give negative starts for this place, I will definitively would do that, so far I was not able to get my refund from the hotel or Expedia, so I will have to fill a FTC complaint not only because I feel like I was cheated, but because I believe that people like this hotel and Expedia should not be deceiving people with false information and take peoples money, if they are not going to offer the service they advertise.

S
9:44 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Expedia - Confirmed flight and illegal behavior from overseas agent

I had a very upsetting encounter with one of Expedias overseas representatives this week. His name is James and I suppose that was at their India location. I called Expedia because I needed to add my 13 year old son to a flight that I booked 2 days earlier for my 18 year old son. Both flight are going from Chicago to Frankfurt nonstop. When I called the...

C
5:58 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Walmart plus travel booking

I booked a reservation with hotel greencaps itenaray number [protected]. I canceled the reservation, but the hotel charged my debit card $51.46. They said it's not there fault even though they provided the hotel with my debit card information.. I tried to resolve this for three months they've lied to me and altered records. They said it was pay later, but they gave the hotel my information. They should be responsible for the hotels you do business with.

Claimed loss: $51.46

Desired outcome: Refund $51.46 to the original payment method.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Expedia representatives only. If you are affiliated with Expedia, please claim your business to access these details.

Update by Curtis Grant
Feb 27, 2024 6:04 pm EST

I booked a hotel in Cancun Mexico and it was supposed to be pay later, but Expedoa forwarded them my payment information and they charged my account $51.46 and now they claim no responsibility and I'm out the money. The hotel couldn't have charged me if didn't give them my payment information.

E

Expedia Mixed Experiences with Expedia.com

As someone who loves to travel, I've had both positive and negative experiences with Expedia.com. While some users praise the platform for its ease of use and friendly customer service, others have faced challenges like booking errors, unhelpful support, and unexpected charges. It seems like Expedia.com offers great deals but may lack consistency in service quality. If you're considering booking with Expedia.com, it might be wise to weigh the pros and cons based on your specific needs and preferences.

Expedia In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Expedia is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search bar is prominently displayed, allowing users to quickly search for flights, hotels, and car rentals. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and filters to refine your search results.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process on Expedia is straightforward and hassle-free. Once you have selected your travel options, the website guides you through the booking process step by step. The checkout process is seamless, and you can easily review and modify your booking details before finalizing your purchase.

Range of Travel Options: Expedia offers a wide range of travel options, including flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, and activities. Whether you're looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxury getaway, Expedia has something for everyone. The website also provides detailed information about each option, helping you make an informed decision.

Pricing and Discounts: Expedia offers competitive pricing and frequently provides discounts and deals on various travel options. The website allows you to compare prices from different airlines and hotels, ensuring that you get the best value for your money. Additionally, Expedia's loyalty program offers exclusive discounts and benefits to its members.

Customer Service and Support: Expedia provides excellent customer service and support. Their customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or issues you may have. The website also has a comprehensive FAQ section and a live chat feature, making it easy to get the help you need.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Expedia's loyalty program, Expedia Rewards, allows members to earn points on their bookings, which can be redeemed for future travel. The program offers additional benefits, such as exclusive discounts, free upgrades, and access to VIP amenities. Joining the loyalty program is free and easy.

Mobile App Functionality: Expedia's mobile app is user-friendly and offers the same functionality as the website. You can easily search and book flights, hotels, and car rentals on the go. The app also provides real-time updates on your travel itinerary and allows you to manage your bookings conveniently.

Trustworthiness and Security: Expedia is a trusted and reputable travel website. They have been in the industry for many years and have established partnerships with major airlines and hotel chains. The website uses secure encryption technology to protect your personal and payment information, ensuring a safe and secure booking experience.

Travel Insurance Options: Expedia offers travel insurance options to provide peace of mind during your trip. You can easily add travel insurance to your booking during the checkout process. The website provides detailed information about the coverage and benefits of each insurance option, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs.

Cancellation and Refund Policies: Expedia's cancellation and refund policies vary depending on the travel option you have booked. The website provides clear information about the cancellation and refund policies for each booking, allowing you to make an informed decision. It is recommended to review the policies before making a booking.

Additional Services and Features: In addition to flights, hotels, and car rentals, Expedia offers various additional services and features. These include airport transfers, travel guides, and activities. The website also provides helpful travel tips and recommendations to enhance your travel experience.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Expedia is a reliable and user-friendly travel website that offers a wide range of travel options at competitive prices. The website design and user experience are excellent, making it easy to find and book your desired travel options. The customer service and support are top-notch, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable booking experience. With its loyalty program and mobile app functionality, Expedia provides added benefits and convenience to its users. Overall, Expedia is highly recommended for all your travel needs.

How to file a complaint about Expedia?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button located at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Expedia. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Hotel Booking" or "Cancellation Policy Not Honored".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Expedia. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the service or product you used.
  • Specific details about any transactions, including dates, amounts, and confirmation numbers.
  • A clear description of the problem and how it has affected you.
  • Any communication you've had with Expedia's customer service, including their response or lack thereof.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue and the outcomes.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or stress.

Be as factual and chronological as possible to paint a clear picture of the events.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, screenshots, or confirmation numbers. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or passwords.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Expedia, whether it's a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or from Expedia through the platform, so it's important to monitor the progress of your complaint.