Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Travel & Vacations Expedia Unable to book a flight using airline credit - poor customer service

Expedia  - Unable to book a flight using airline credit - poor customer service

K
Author of the complaint
9:05 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi

My name is Dr Konstantinos Vazouras and I am writing to file a complaint against Expedia.
I have been trying to chat several times last few days and it goes nowhere.
I am currently on hold for 56 minutes (!) on your help line; a lady answered 3 minutes ago, got my itinerary details and put me on hold again... (+[protected])
My itinerary rebooking date ends today and I need to make my flight booking urgently, but it has been a nightmare.
The website/app do not work; when clicking on "use credit" an error message appears.
What am I supposed to do? Lose my $306.60 credit? I already found the flight I need to book with same airline, but I am still on hold…. 1 hour 2 minutes now and counting…. My itinerary rebooking date ends today. Please help.
Why should I lose my credit because of Expedia incompetence?
I need immediate help with this
Best regards,
Konstantinos Vazouras
Itinerary #[protected]

Helpful? 1 0
1 comments
J
Jan 02, 2022 9:05 pm

Hi Dr Konstantinos Vazouras, I am in the same predicament! My wait was three hours from 7pm mountain time on one phone number. The other number gave the wait of 8 hours! You would think they would know Expedia would need many more live agents to handle the new reservations. I also could not do anything until the 31st. Now, I did ask the live agent if I had booked a flight with the credits, then cancelled within the 24 hours, I could extend the expiration date a year. But how would you know if it's not stated!

The advice given was to talk to Alaska Airlines to see if they will honor the credit. My credit is over $1000. They're policy is if there is a balance after using the credit you lose it. The other major airlines let you use them and keep the balance for another flight.

I have been an Expedia customer for over 30 years. You would think that would have some weight.

There is a non profit company that offers free advice. The website is https://www.elliott.org/help/.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Jean Mazur

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1067 complaints