On July 8, 2018, I purchased three Greensboro, NC, - Toronto, Canada, round trip tickets on American airlines, with a connecting flight in Philadelphia. PA. I gave to your an ASAP Tickets three alternative dates for both outbound and inbound flights, and I agreed on July 23 for outbound flight and August 23 for inbound flight. The ITN confirmation number is L4R2L8 for the tickets. Information on the passengers and flight itinerary are summarized below.
Passenger Ticket Number
Addus, Abdussalam [protected]
Addus, Omar [protected]
Addus, Ayoub [protected]
From - To Flight Number Departure Time
GBO - PHL AA5313 5:27 PM
PHL - YYZ AA4826 8:45 PM
YYZ - PHL AA4864 10:47 PM
PHL - GBO AA4989 11:27 PM
Although I did not intend to purchase a ticket protection plan, I was convinced to do so when Forest said, among other things, that if we had to change our flight schedule for any reason, we would not pay any penalty, but the difference in fare.
On 7/23/18, flight AA5313 was delayed to the extent we would not be able to get to PHL for our connecting flight. We were booked on a next day flight, making the delay more than 20 hours. When we get back to our residence that evening, I tried to contact Forest to no avail until about midnight. He said he would contact the airline and call me back. He left me a message late at nigh saying the next day flight would be just fine. However, as we got to the airport on 7/24/18, we were informed that our connecting fight AA4826 at PHL was canceled due to inclement weather; and after a very long delay we flew delta Airline to our final destination through Atlanta, GA.
On August 20, 2018, I called the airline to confirm our reservation on flight AA486 (YYZ - PHL) which I firmly believed was on 8/23/18; but I wa informed that the reservation was for the following day — 8/21/18. I called ASAP customer service whereupon I was told that even if telephone conversation confirmed my agreement on 8/23/18, the reservation on 8/21/18 was justified as that date was one of the three dates I gave to Forest. However, I also gave gave him three alternative dates including 7/21/18 for the outbound flight, the only date with which I would accept 8/21/18 for the return flight. I was further informed that I had to pay a penalty of $200.00 for each ticket and the fare difference in order reschedule the flight on 8/23/18. They would not consider the fact that we lost 24 due to flight delay at GBO on 7/23/18. My request to speak with a supervisor was denied.
I called the airline again. I was given the same information as in ASAP: $200.00 for each ticket and fare differences for 8/23/18 schedule. However, I was offered 24 hour extension to 8/22/18, which ASAP declined do, in exchange for the 24 loss due to flight delay at GBO on 7/23/18. Unfortunately, I could not complete my planned activity by 8/22/18. So, I decided to purchase three one way flight tickets with United Airlines at a total cost of $756.00, which would be a little lower than the penalty and fare difference payment for changing the flight schedule.
ASASP Tickets did not only failed to remedy the flight delays and additional expenses we incurred thereof, but we also were denied the benefit of the ticket protection plan related to over six hour flight delay (which calls for $300.00 payment for each ticket) and flight rescheduling with no penalty. I am kindly requesting for an appropriate resolution of these issues.