Having problems with Zulily?

Zulily Customer Service Contacts

2601 Elliott Ave STE 200
Seattle, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Zulily Customer Service. Initial Zulily complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Zulily above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Zulily. Discuss the issues you have had with Zulily and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

ZulilyBait and Switch/Deceptive Advertisement

From Sep, 25th to date I'm still sending products back with approximately 1, 500 paid in full. I'm only going to mention received switched products. Sept 25th shirt order # [protected] Oct 6th earrings order # [protected] Oct 23rd 2 shirts order # [protected] Nov 13th T shirt order # [protected] Nov 13th coat
order #[protected]. This also just happen to my friend. This is being done intentionally. My friend tried to get to a higher up management but was unsuccessful. They have Deceptive Advertisement making the product look much better. Their product description that is important to the consumer's decision to buy Zulily's "Features" are " Vague" Example: you look at Nov 5th order # [protected] Leggings display tight fitting, no where in the product description does it let you know these have an elastic waist, there is a difference. If you can't visually see it because the leggings are squeezed into their model, then it should be in the product features. You wont sell as many because most people who wear leggings prefer spandex style. That model represents a spandex style. I've forwarded some of this information to a bait and switch Attorney's office and hopefully this will get the attention of Zulily. If any further information is needed please feel free to contact me. [protected] Thank you
Carlene Heselton

ZulilyPackaging

Ordered two (2) separate quilt sets...one full/queen, one queen. First one came in..supposed to be queen..they sent me king. Received credit for it and I kept it..I made it work, BUT, the full/queen came in as a "queen" for my other bed which is a full size. No way I was going to make that work. I called and was told they would not credit me..I had to return it.
    Always wanted to get merchandise from Zulily only because everything looked so nice, BUT I will never again. I consider this to be false advertising. Either you have what I want or you don't You have my cell #..a simple call would have been much appreciated. I would have said either yes or no, that's all.
    I do NOT recommend them and I will tell my friends and family NOT to buy from them unless they want to receive the wrong merchandise!
    (order #'s 8115580 & [protected], name: Martha Cardenas)

ZulilyTrying get someone’s attention

So I made [review comments] in "review item" and vented out because "I want what I order." Some items where requested in August. I've been patient until now. Under Order Status it shows that such item was already delivered and that's when I hit the roof. I have no patience when there is FRAUD. I follow all the suggestions given on the Zulily site to no avail. To make matters worst when I called Help Center at. [protected] an answering machine with male voice says..."the person you're trying to reach at this time is not abatible [whatever] try your call again later ..." click and then the same male voice says something in a foreign language and then ... click ... repeat the same thing again in English. So it's nothing but a loop recording.

L
        Jul 11, 2020

Zulily — 16 items missing on order placed june 15

I would like to know where is my order from june15th. You claim ups picked it up... Ups doesn't have it, a...

Zulilyemails

Hi
        l have received an item from zulily which was broken on arrival, i have sent 7 emails all to your various email addresses on your site but none of them are accepting my emails, they keep coming back saying emails are having work done or something, very annoying, making a phone call from england would be far too expensive,
        order no [protected] wooden santa
        mrs susan watson

this item came in 3 peices totally broken, i need to know how to send this item back and get a refund please.

Zulilynot a family friendly website any more... foul language all over the website!

I started noticing a couple of years ago or so the use of foul language started showing up on products such tees, mugs, tea towel, etc. ( The "S" word) Gradually, the "F" word started showing up sporadically and now it is everywhere all the time. Your web site used to be family friendly and sad to say, it no longer is. Oh, I forgot the "B" word too, what might be next, the "C" word?
          Also, I noticed when you first started selling "Personal" products the pictures were discreet and now you are actually showing pictures of some of the items on the main page. I have to ask, "What's Next?"
          I hope your site decides to get off this slippery slope. You have great products, great prices, AND AWSOME CUSTOMER SERVICE! I would hate to stop using your shopping site, but I will if this trend is not reversed.

Zulilykate spade sunglasses

Received item damaged. Says non returnable. Damaged item and paid $50 for them. Would like my money back. I cannot afford to pay that much money and have nothing but damaged item to show for it. I shop with Zulily often and have never had to complain.. But due to this item I am not happy with their site. Will be very care with my next orders and what I do order from them.

Zulily31" st. francis garden statue

I was ordering for a friend. The item was delivered last Friday, 8/9/19. The box was opened and the tape all twisted, there was no lid, no interior packaging or paperwork. At the bottom of the box was crumpled trash (bags from walmart) etc. The statue has a huge piece missing from the back, but funny the broken piece was not in the box. This box could not be reused and because of the damage and the size, I put it outside (the statue is in my house). I called Zulily, there were very nice and told me not to bother returning it as it was not possible in its current condition and to go ahead take pictures, but it was ok to dispose of the box. She told me there were no more in stock and she would have the resolution team issue the refund to me. She transferred me to them and they agreed once they received the photos. I have received not less than 5 emails with no mention of the refund etc. They said there were no notes. I would like a full refund and the 2nd payment to be stopped. This item was 119.99 plus shipping and tax.

Zulilyonline purchase

I purchased 3 clothing items on the 17th March 2019. Payment was deducted from my visa account immediately. On the 28th March I was notified that my items had been shipped through FedEx and I was given a tracking number. A few days later I tried to track my items but FedEx stated that they had created a label but had not received the goods. I was concerned about this shipment because the last time they sent through my goods with FedEx it was apparently lost in transit. I contacted Zulily to ask that they could just confirm that my goods were moving. Zulily were always quick to come back and tell me how to check my order and when I explained that I had checked my order my further emails were completely ignored. When the time frame came for my goods to be delivered I was told that my goods were lost in transit and that my account would be credited and because of the inconvenience they would give me a $10.00 credit. Now I feel something a bit fishy is going on here. Why did they make no attempt to contact FedEx? From everything that happened I have a strong suspicion that my goods were never sent and I was never going to receive them. If this is the case they have had my money for over 1 month and although it is only a small amount if this is a common practice it has to raise some very serious questions. If I do not hear anything from my complaint here, I will definitely be taking this further. Zulily order number :[protected]. My name is Helena Whitty [protected]@iprimus.com. au

Zulilyextremely disappointing experience all around.

I emailed this to Zulily, it was ignored:
                  On January 8th I ordered a HearthSong Secret Garden Make an Entrance Doorway Curtain for my young granddaughter. (order #[protected]) I received a confirmatory email stating that the item would be shipped by 1/20/19. That sounded fine; her birthday is February 14th.

By 1/22, I was beginning to wonder why I hadn't heard anything from Zulily. So, I called customer service to find out the status of my order. The service representative said the tracking showed that it wasn't even received at Zulily yet to be shipped out. I started to worry. Customer service lady told me it wasn't unusual (not helpful), and she had no idea when it might be shipped out. I didn't get an apology for the inconvenience (standard professional courtesy). She only said the item didn't have the little "can ship out quickly" rocket on it.

On 1/28 I received an email saying the order shipped, but I didn't receive it until February 13th. Plus, the item was shipped in the cute, original "Secret Garden Make an Entrance Doorway Curtain" box, not inside another box, and so the box wasn't so cute anymore; it was banged up and ripped when it arrived. Not gift-friendly. It looked like it was a yard sale item.

After I got my order, I received an email asking what I thought of my recent purchase. I told them.

It took 5 weeks to get to me. (If I had known that it'd take so long, I never would have ordered it.)
                  Updates would have been helpful so I wouldn't worry.
                  Instead of excuses when I inquired of the status, an acknowledgement of the inconvenience would have been appropriate.
                  Response from Zulily:

"Thank you for letting us know, what our members think and experience is very important to all of us here at Zulily, I want to assure you that we strive for making it right and are focused on what we can do to make your experience effortless and enjoyable. We're always listening, and we want to hear what you have to say. Please feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns you may have. Dominique F.

Then Zulily emailed that they would like to extend to me a $5.oo credit for my next order of $20.oo or more to make up for the problem with my Secret Garden order.

I emailed a reply to that, and went into more detail about my recent purchase experience. I stated how it should have gone, how customer service should have handled it, how paramount customer service is to me, and that a $5 credit to pacify me was not just insufficient.

I expected a full refund, considering the 5-week wait, shoddy service, and the condition the item was in when it arrived. I stated that I would not shop with them again, and I would take my complaint to review sites online for prospective customers to see.

That email was deleted by Zulily instead of replying to it, hence for that part of the conversation I rely on my memory, but that's the gist of it. Zulily sent a separate response with a phone number to call if I wanted to speak to a manager or "supervisiors" (spelling not mine). But by then I was fed up and now I'm finally ready to get on social media and tell my story of dissatisfaction with Zulily.

G
                    Jan 03, 2019

Zulily — money taken out of paypal and credit card still say I owe them money

I had a smart pay payment on Dec 23 and it did not go thru till the 24 th for some reason. Anyway it has gone...

S

Zulily — order #: [protected]

Have occasionally ordered merchandise from Zulily over the years. Never had any problems with returns and...

L

Zulily.com — inappropriate shipment packaging

Today I received a plastic Zulily shipping bag that contained a pair of shoes in a shoebox that was almost...

Zulilyorders

I ordered $80 items on Nov.2, 2018. There is no way on their web site to check on your order. I finally got a reply after a week through email, they said they would contact me when the order is shipped after dec.2nd. O don't believe it ! I checked with my bank on the 16th. And the money was taken then on the 23rd I checked my account again, now they removed 3.99, i assume for shipping. ?? There no easy way to question it with Zulily !!! What happened to my free shipping ? They are a RIP off ! The items must be ordered from China, on the slow boat !
                    Do not order on their web site !!!
                    I read Alot of complaints ! Ishould of read them before i ordered anything !
                    No refunds allowed only a credit!!!

• Th
                        Theresa Walter Mar 11, 2019

This is the first time I ordered from Zulily and will be the last. I ordered the size I normally wear it came in a timely fashion. Was very excited to get it was very pretty and good material but way to small. It cost to ship it which was ok but also charged to send back so I end up with a dollar credit. What a rip off.
                        Last order from me or anyone I know.

A

Zulily — my complaint is concerning the packaging of my order

On September 20. 2018, I received my order ID. Number ZL46165431. THE SHIP DATE WAS 9-18-18. The shipping...

R

Zulily — navy stripe hooded open cardigan

I received my cardigan today and was very excited to check it out. I normally wear an xl but thought I would...

P

Zulily — online purchase

I have been a super loyal customer for over the years. This week when purchasing a few items I was not able...

Zulilysending a label for a return

Please check my e-mail address for Carol J. Blackburn, 130 Garden Drive, Penrose, CO 81240. I have been waiting for a month, since June16, to return two pairs of shoes which are exactly the same. I am keeping the third pair of the same style. I have contacted the telephone line three times. Please check to see if you have my e-mail as: [protected]@gmail.com The black part of my name was misspelled. I was supposed to get the label yesterday and it is to be paid for by Zulily. Please check on this.

Zulilydouble charged for a cancelled item

I have been waiting for two days for a call back from Karla about being double charged for an item I had cancelled. She tried to tell me charge would "drop off " as it had never been captured. Not true. Bank says I need to report the charges as fraudulent
                        If not refunded immediately. Issue for me is I have to close down my debit card and wait for a new one. Seems worthwhile as at least Zulily wouldn't get my money.

• Updated by Jeri Plunkett · Jul 15, 2018

After canceling an order, I was charged for it twice. Upon contacting customer support they requested a screen shot of my bank account as they charged my debit card. I provided this. They said the charges were just processing and would drop off. They didn't but Zulily refused to issue credit. They keep sending me emails on how they are working on it.

• Updated by Jeri Plunkett · Jul 13, 2018

I was billed twice for an item that I cancelled. When contacting Zulily they insisted I provide a copy of my bank statement which I did. They said the charges would be dropped within 7-10 days. The bank verified that the double amounts had already been debited. Zulily refused to assist. My bank had me complete a police report for fraudelent charges and then in turn Bank of America credited me the amounts and closed my current debit card so Zulily could make no more charges to my account. I will receive a new Bank of America debit card. Zulily completely refused to assist and stated they failed to see the problem.

• Updated by Jeri Plunkett · Jul 13, 2018

No response from Zulily.

ZulilyMy damaged order # [protected] (Hotel 5th Ave™ White Down-Alternative Reversible Comforter Set SIZE: King)

Yesterday (July 10th I received my order # [protected] (My Hotel 5th Ave. White Down-Alternative Reversible Comforter Set SIZE: King) but was very disappointed about it being damaged.
                          When I first received the box I noticed it being partially opened with it's tape slightly removed and soon discovered that the comforter wasn't carefully packaged inside either. It wasn't sealed with any plastic cover to protect it inside the box.
                          As I unfolded the comforter on my bed I saw several snags and tears on it so I photographed the damages of the defective product for you to see.
                          Since this purchase was supposed to be a gift I wouldn't want a replacement of this same product, instead I'm interested in receiving a complete refund by same method of payment which would be my visa ending in 5299.
                          Patrice Howell