Menu

complaints

Zulily Complaints Summary

21 Resolved
151 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Zulily's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zulily has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zulily. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Zulily complaints 172

Sort by:

Newest Zulily complaints

12:02 pm EDT

Zulily Non payment

We are a small UK based business that has supplied Zulily for years.

Until they had a take over earlier this year they always paid on time.

Since the take over we haven't received any payments at all.

We have unpaid invoices dating back to March.

They haven't responded to any of our communication's.

We have tried through the portal. They respond saying they cant help and then end the chat.

We have tried accounts emails, buyers emails. Every email address we had we have tried to make contact.

We are now at the point of legal action or using a debt collecting agency as we are getting nowhere with them.

Its so frustrating that there is no response from them at all.

How can such a huge business just ignore vendors and not pay.

How are they getting away with it?

Desired outcome: We want all the unpaid invoices paying in full.

Read full review of Zulily and 1 comment
1 comment
J
J
Jody Corbett
Jan 24, 2024 11:40 pm EST

Frustrated in Canada...

I have been a customer of Zulily since its humble beginning when all they sold was children's apparel. Over a dozen years. I spent probably close to 30 k maybe more. I have a beautiful wardrobe. So for them to shut down like they before I received all my orders. It's bad customer service.

Jody

2:46 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Vendor not being paid for months

I have been happily working as a vendor with Zulily since 2014. Of course, we have had our ups and downs, but the partnership has always been strong, despite Zulily's heavy turnover.

Unfortunately, I am at a loss of words for the current situation. We stopped receiving payments from Zulily over a month ago. Some of our invoices are outstanding from April 2023.

As a one-person business with three small children, I am devastated. We have had to cancel all upcoming events because we pay our brands upfront. As a non-US based business, is there anything that can be done? I am such a small business, that I cannot afford expensive legal action. To Zulily: please please please pay us.

Desired outcome: To Zulily: please please please pay us.

Read full review of Zulily and 4 comments
Update by MJ Euro
Sep 15, 2023 3:23 pm EDT

I spoke with them today. They are offering 30% of what they owe me, for me to sign a settlement agreement and shut up. I did not agree. I have parts of the conversation recorded and will be using it to show the lawyers whom I will acquire. 100% of what is owed (10k USD) is NOTHING compared to how much money Regent has. It is a ridiculous condescending joke. Keep sharing this post - a class action suit should be considered by all vendors who have been cheated. The brand 'Zulily' is being tarnished because they continue to cheat so many small businesses.

4 comments
DJ at Apparel Warehouse
Pittsboro, US
Sep 21, 2023 10:14 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi, we are in the same boat as other Vendors here. We have also been doing business with Zulily for years. They stopped paying us in April 2023 - but were still selling our products through June 2023. They continued to profit - from our products - but are not willing to pay us for our products they sold. Does anyone else here see that's a problem. As I type this, the word "theft" comes to mind. I have emailed every week, no answer. I also called Customer Service to try to get a number for Accounts Payable and was told the same thing, they don't have a number. The numbers I found on Google all do not work now. What do we do to recover our money?

Signareusa
Ontario, US
Sep 15, 2023 9:05 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We are having the same issue too. They (Zulily's buyer and Accounts Payable) are not responding to my emails. I phoned [protected] two days ago and asked them to transfer my call to Accounts Payable but they said they don't have their numbers. They are not helping me to resolve the issue.

What should we do in order to get Zulily to pay us for what they owe us?

MelFo
Camden, US
Sep 15, 2023 4:02 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Signareusa

They’re definitely lying. Of course they have the number but they have stopped responding to everyone. It’s disgusting what they’re doing! Multi million dollar company RUINING the very vendors that have made them successful.

MelFo
Camden, US
Aug 14, 2023 2:31 am EDT

I am having the same issue. I’ve been a vendor with them for 6 years and another 3 years with a previous company I owned. They owe me over $14,000 and have stopped even responding. At this point, they are nothing but disgusting thieves.

Author of the review
MJ Euro
Sep 15, 2023 3:25 pm EDT
Replying to comment of MelFo

I have sent you a message, and have updated the main thread above.

5:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Zulily Review: Don't Fall for Their Trick!

I gotta tell ya, I've learned my lesson the hard way. I fell for the same ol' trick again. You know the one - those online stores that seem too good to be true with their cute clothes at super low prices. I've been burned by sites like Rosegal and Modlily before, where it took weeks and weeks for my order to arrive and when it finally did, the clothes were either way too small or just plain poor quality. And guess what? Those pieces were coming from overseas, usually China.

So, when I stumbled upon Zulily, I thought I had done my research. I googled them and saw that they were based in Seattle, Washington. I figured I was safe. But boy, was I wrong. I should have checked out some online reviews before I hit that "buy" button. Instead, I trusted that Zulily was a legit site that would send me my purchases quickly and that they would fit me just right.

Well, it's been almost two weeks since I placed my order on December 28th and I haven't received any of the 12 pieces I ordered. Only one of them has even shipped, and according to tracking, it's been stuck in a processing facility in Hong Kong for almost a week. And get this - all of the brands and companies that my pieces are coming from are based in China.

I finally realized that Zulily is just a hub center that doesn't actually store any inventory. I feel like such a fool for falling for this again. Who knows if my clothes will even arrive in season, let alone fit me properly. And what if they don't fit? Do I return them and wait another eternity for the right size?

I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothes, so this is a real blow to me. I'm afraid I've just thrown my money away. I'm definitely going to warn my friends and family to steer clear of Zulily. From now on, I'm sticking to sites I know I can trust, like Amazon. And if a site can't give me an expected shipping time when I place my order, forget it. I'm not falling for that trick again.

Is Zulily legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Zulily as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 12% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Zulily stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Zulily should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Zulily earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Zulily achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Zulily. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Zulily has received 6 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Zulily has registered the domain name for zulily.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Zulily.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Zulily website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Zulily.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Zulily, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Zulily website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Zulily has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 12% of 172 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Zulily protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Zulily. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
3:45 pm EDT

Zulily Zulily's Terrible Customer Service: Lost Package and Runaround Responses

Zulily messed up my order and it's been a whole week of me trying to get it sorted out. I'm so frustrated with these guys, it's like they don't even care about their customers. My package is lost and they're just giving me the runaround, telling me to call USPS and deal with it myself. Like, seriously? That's not my job, it's theirs! I'm so disappointed in Zulily and I will never order from them again.

I reached out to them about my lost package and they told me to wait an additional 6 days for the delivery process to complete. That's a ridiculously long time to wait, especially when I've already been waiting for a week! When I called USPS, they didn't have any record of the package being in their hands, only that a shipping label was created. So, I asked Zulily to resend what I ordered, but they just gave me another runaround response, telling me to contact the carrier myself. I mean, come on! I shouldn't have to work this hard to track down a package from a huge company like Zulily.

I called USPS again and they still didn't have any record of the package. I asked Zulily if I was getting a refund or if they were going to resend the products I ordered, but they just told me to check with the local post office. It's like they're not even listening to me! I've never had such a hard time with customer service before, especially from a company that usually has good customer service. This time around, it's been deplorable.

I'm so upset with Zulily and their lack of care for their customers. It's like they don't even care about the products they sell or the people who buy them. I will never order from them again and I will make sure to tell everyone I know about my terrible experience.

B
2:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Zullily Review: Poor Quality, Unfair Return Policy, and Frustrating Customer Service

I used to shop at Zullily quite often, but I've stopped doing so because I've had too many negative experiences with them. For one thing, the quality of their clothing is often quite poor, and I've received the wrong sizes on multiple occasions. What's worse is that their return policy is incredibly frustrating and unfair. Whenever I've had to return something, I've had to pay for it myself, even if it was their mistake. It's almost like they're trying to discourage returns by making the process as difficult as possible.

Another issue I've had with Zullily is that their customer service is often unhelpful. They'll promise to credit me for items that I never received, but then they never follow through on that promise. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with, and it's made me lose faith in the company as a whole.

To make matters worse, Zullily often ships their products in the cheapest, flimsiest boxes possible. I've received packages that were dented and torn, with the clothes inside showing signs of damage. It's clear that they don't care about the quality of their packaging, which doesn't bode well for the quality of their products either.

Overall, I've decided to stop shopping at Zullily and instead opt for other retailers like Amazon. Amazon has better quality products and more fair return policies, and I don't have to deal with the frustration of waiting for months only to receive the wrong size or poor quality clothing.

If you do decide to shop at Zullily, I would recommend being very cautious. Look for name brands when they're on sale, and be prepared to deal with the frustration of their return policy. Many of their products are made in China and are of poor quality, so it's important to be aware of that before making a purchase.

Ultimately, what we need as consumers are more "Made in America" quality products. We deserve to be treated fairly and to receive high-quality products that are worth our hard-earned money. Companies like Zullily that prioritize profit over customer satisfaction are not worth our time or money.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Zulily Review: Slow Shipping, Limited Variety, and Room for Improvement in Website Interface

The website interface of Zulily could use some improvement to make it more user-friendly. It would be great to have more refinements by category such as price, size, and color. It seems like they had that feature before, but it's not available anymore. The size charts for imported goods are not reliable for USA customers, and they are generally too small. It's important to believe customers when they report damaged, ill-fitting, or incorrectly sized products and allow for free prepaid returns and refunds in the manner paid, not just store credit.

One of the biggest issues with Zulily is the slow shipping. It takes 10 or more days for items to be shipped to customers, which is ridiculous. They allow BOXED to drop ship, so they should be able to find a way to ship faster. It's also important to package items better with bubble wrap or whatever is necessary to ensure that the item arrives in good condition. For example, some bras that were ordered for a granddaughter arrived with warped underwire because they were sent in a thin plastic bag.

Another issue is the lack of variety in the products offered. There's more to life than tunics, and it would be great to see more diverse options. Zulily needs to change their strategy from offering new products daily and focus on finding unique and sustainable brands. Brick and mortar stores are closing, so they need to up their game to remain competitive.

Zulily used to be unique and had its own little niche, but now it seems like they are trying to compete with the big boys. However, they can't compete on price, availability, or delivery. They need to find young, bright, and smart people who are knowledgeable about e-commerce to shake things up and sell to their target market. Slow shipping, inferior products, refusal to offer refunds, and having to pay to return products will not keep them in business.

As a plus-size woman, it would be great if Zulily could check out the brands on COEDITION'S site. The current brands are not very appealing, except for a few. It would also be great if they could find better uniform brands than French Toast and Polo. This year, shopping at JCPenney online was a better option because they offer good brands with good prices, fast shipping, and free returns. Zulily's prices for school supplies are also ridiculously high.

Overall, Zulily needs to take these criticisms into consideration and make some changes to remain competitive. They used to be a great site for children's and maternity items, but they need to evolve and improve to remain sustainable.

Zulily Zulily Review: Poor Quality and Long Wait Times for Small Designer Items

This website, Zulily, is not the best in my opinion. From what I understand, it's just a place where you can order from small designers and boutiques. They don't actually have anything in stock, and they place your order with others who ordered during the same "sale". Once they get your order, they ship all or part of it to you. They do have some good deals, but the real problem is waiting up to two months to receive your order, if you even receive it at all.

I've placed three orders so far. The first one arrived in about three weeks, but it was right at the end of the "sale". There were three items in the order, and I did find one of them elsewhere for about half the price. The second order was placed a month ago, and it still hasn't been delivered. Some items have been received, some are in transit with a trackable ID, and some haven't even been sent yet. The last order was placed the day after the second order, and I haven't received anything from it yet. Zulily hasn't even told me what the status is.

The items that I have received are in poor to decent shape. They were all jammed into a shipping bag without even a shipping receipt. Many of them have loose threads that are clearly visible, and one even came with two missing buttons. None of this should have been sent to me, but there's a no returns policy. When I emailed about the quality, the customer service response was basically that they take no responsibility for the quality of items they "distribute".

The concept of this website fails because it's focused on moms and young children. Who wants to wait two months before receiving their maternity clothes? We need a quicker turn-around. The same goes for baby clothing. Fortunately, I'm shopping for a yet-to-be-born baby, so I have three months to wait. But if you're shopping for a child who's already born, you should find another site. The child will be out of that size before the items arrive.

The quality is questionable. The baby clothing material is all good, but I stuck with cotton, organic cotton, and natural fiber knits. Don't dress your child in synthetics, and check before you buy. One of the maternity items I ordered was a joke. It cost $65 and was made of see-through-quality acetate (the description said it was a natural fiber blend, but I suppose the stitching is cotton?). It's unacceptable. What really bothers me is those loose threads. Who sells such crap? The website fails because it's just a portal and doesn't even have internal quality assurance of the merchandise they market.

I won't shop here again. Quality and time are big factors for me, and no sale is worth a sacrifice in either!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Zulily Review: Sizing Chart Inaccurate, Slow Shipping, and Questionable Discounts

I just had my first experience with Zulily and I have to say, it was not a good one. I ordered a shirt by Lbisse for my sister and was very careful to check the sizing chart before placing my order. The chart indicated that I should order an x-small for her, so that's what I did. I also considered ordering the same shirt in a different color for myself, but decided to wait and see how my sister's order turned out. When the shirt finally arrived, it was enormous! It was at least 4 sizes too big, even though the sizing chart indicated that an x-small would be the right size. If I had ordered a large, as the chart suggested for myself, I would have been stuck with a giant mumu that I couldn't wear and couldn't return according to their policy.

To make matters worse, the shipping took forever and was not cheap at all. They claim that they consolidate shipping to get a cheaper price, but that's just not true. The shipping for just one item was $5.95, which is about the same as other stores I order from. When I took the shirt to the post office to see how much it would cost to ship it across the country, they told me it would only be $1.60 and would arrive in 3-4 days. That's a far cry from the 21-24 days that Zulily takes to ship.

The quality of the shirt was okay for the price, but it definitely wasn't worth the 65% off they claimed it was. The fabric was 95% polyester and 5% spandex, which isn't a particularly expensive blend. The color was accurate to what was shown on the website, but it did have a bad smell. I'm hoping that it comes out in the wash.

Overall, I wouldn't order from Zulily again. If their sizing is that far off on other items, who knows what I'll end up with. I did notice that a lot of items from Zulily are showing up on eBay for cheaper than what Zulily has them for. You can also return items on eBay and many of them offer free shipping or $1.99 shipping. It makes me wonder if they're selling those items cheaper on eBay or if there are thousands of people trying to unload the Zulily items they're stuck with!

Zulily Zulily Review: Affordable Items, but Beware of Quality and Shipping

Zulily is a great online store where you can find affordable items. I've noticed that their business is booming as they sell more and more items every day. They have both branded and lesser-known products, which is great for those who are looking for a bargain. However, I've learned my lesson when it comes to buying baby clothes from them. I used to base my purchases solely on how the item looked in the picture, but when it arrived, I was disappointed with the poor quality. Since then, I've become more careful about the brands I buy.

Recently, Zulily has been adding more well-known brands to their site, which is a great improvement. However, I did experience an issue where they sent me the wrong item. But, they were quick to provide me with a refund and store credit, and I even got to keep the wrong item.

When it comes to shipping, some people may not know that Zulily explains the reason why shipping takes a long time. You can check their "shipping info" section for more details. To provide the cheapest merchandise, they have an agreement with the brands to order in bulk, which allows them to get a lower price. However, this means that they have to wait until the end of the sales period to finish your order. As long as the brand is still available on the site under "LAST CHANCE," they can't finish your order anytime soon. Unless you choose to pay extra for faster shipping, it can take a while for your items to arrive. This can be frustrating, but as a new company, they are still learning and improving.

My advice to fellow shoppers is to take advantage of their free shipping offer until midnight after your first purchase with paid shipping. Before you go crazy adding items to your cart, try to purchase the cheapest and lightest item they have. This way, you'll only pay the lowest shipping cost ($5.95) for your first purchase and be eligible for free shipping on your next purchase until midnight. Once you've checked out your first purchase, you'll have until midnight to shop without worrying about shipping costs. Just keep in mind that heavy items like furniture are not eligible for free shipping.

Before you buy something, it's also a good idea to check other sites like Walmart, Target, or the brand's website itself. You may be surprised to find that even though it looks cheap on Zulily, it could be even cheaper on other sites, and they may ship it quicker.

Overall, I give Zulily three stars. While some of their items are really cheap, the shipping process can be painful and take longer than expected. But, if you follow my advice and shop smart, you can still find some great deals on their site. Good luck, and I hope this review helps you in some way!

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Zulily.com Review: Poor Customer Service and Long Wait Times for Delivery

I gotta say, I'm pretty ticked off right now. I was reading some reviews about Zulily and it turns out that my experience isn't unique. And to top it off, I haven't heard back from anyone! I just sent an email to customer feedback, but who knows if they'll even read it.

I'm from Seattle and my experience with Zulily.com has been pretty terrible. Their website claims that they work with thousands of different brands and don't store inventory, which helps keep prices low and means they can offer fresh products every day. They also say that their usual time from order to shipment is 10-14 days. But maybe they should be more honest and say something like, "Our goal is to have your order completed within 10-14 days. But who knows, you might be waiting forever."

I placed my order 10 days ago and I've only received one item so far. And honestly, it was pretty disappointing. I thought about returning it, but I don't have much faith in this company. Last week, I called customer service to try to get an idea of when my other purchases might be processed. The representative was polite, but couldn't give me any information. I explained that I shop almost exclusively online because I live in the country and my options are limited. We talked about Zulily's competition, Amazon, and the amazing service they provide. But the representative pointed out that I'll save a couple of dollars per item through Zulily. Big whoop.

I placed some pretty big orders, but unless I can get some specific information about when I can expect delivery, I won't be shopping at Zulily again. I've shopped online a lot and I've never experienced anything like this. Imagine you've just ordered a bunch of stuff and you're eagerly waiting for it to arrive. But when you call customer service, they tell you that they have no idea when you'll get your packages. And they suggest that you shop for the upcoming season, not the season you're in. What kind of nonsense is that?

It's 2015, people! I just checked the order status again and there's been no movement. This is ridiculous.

Update: 6/22/2015

I finally received a partial order over the weekend. The leggings are fabulous and the shoes are adorable. The other items are pretty cheaply made, but they'll do for a season. The price is appropriate for the quality. I might use Zulily again for shoes and leggings, but their customer service is pretty poor. If you decide to use Zulily, be prepared for a long wait. And don't spend a lot of money because if you don't get the item, it's not a huge loss. If money is tight, I wouldn't recommend it.

Zulily Zulily Review: Sketchy Situation, Hassle Not Worth the Savings

I gotta say, I'm not as mad as some of the other peeps who left reviews, but I definitely feel their pain. Zulily is a bit of a sketchy situation. Sure, you can save some cash by snagging some sweet deals at 40-50% off, but the hassle of the whole process just ain't worth it. Trust me, you're better off finding coupons or waiting for a clearance sale from the actual company.

My story is pretty much the same as everyone else's (coincidence? I think not). I was a member of the site for months before I finally decided to buy something. They had a sale on Crocs, so I grabbed a couple pairs - one for me and one for my kid. A month goes by and I haven't heard anything about my order, so I shoot an email to customer service. They tell me it'll be 10-14 business days before it ships. And, like everyone else has said, "business days" means like 3-4 weeks. And you gotta pay like 8 bucks for shipping! (Total ripoff, right?) But that's not even the worst part. They take your money right away, even though they haven't shipped your stuff yet. It's like they're walking a tightrope between legit and scammy.

So, after waiting like 5-6 weeks, I finally get one pair of shoes - my kid's. Yay, I guess. But where's the other pair I ordered? I check my account and it says the order was canceled. What the heck? I never got a notification about that. So I email customer service again and they tell me it wasn't canceled. A few days later, I get another email saying they couldn't get the shoes I ordered, so they're sending me a totally different pair. Like, what kind of business does that? I can order something, pay for it right away, wait forever, and then find out they can't give it to me and send me something else? That's like playing the lottery, man. And they don't even tell you that's how it works on their site. I email them back, pretty much telling them how I feel, and they apologize and refund my money. They even let me keep the ugly shoes they sent me. I was surprised they did that, since they say orders are non-refundable. So, I guess they get one star for responding to my emails and kinda fixing things. But seriously, watch out for this company. Unless you like being frustrated, stay away.

Zulily Zulily's Customer Service Needs Improvement: A Review

I've been a loyal customer of Zulily for quite some time now, having ordered a whopping 109 items from their website. However, I've had a few instances where I received an item that was completely different from what I had ordered. It's definitely an inconvenience, but I always make sure to send an email to Zulily with a picture of the incorrect item attached. In the past, I've always been offered a refund, an apology for their mistake, and asked to donate the item to charity. I appreciate this gesture because it wasn't my fault that they sent the wrong item, so why should I have to go through the hassle of finding a replacement and returning the incorrect item?

Unfortunately, my most recent experience with Zulily was quite different. I received an item that wasn't even close to what I had ordered, and when I sent an email with a picture of the incorrect item attached, the response I received was not what I had expected. They told me to print out a return address label and send the item back if I wanted a refund.

Now, this may seem like an easy task for their representatives, but it's not that simple for me. I'm a handicapped woman with a serious bone disease, and I'm unable to shop in the retail world. In fact, I have surgery scheduled for July 10th. So not only am I inconvenienced by having to find a replacement item and pay for expedited shipping, but I'm also being told that I have to find a way to return the item to Zulily if I want a refund - a refund that I only need because of their mistake.

I called and spoke with a live representative, who put me on hold for almost ten minutes before coming back to tell me, in an unfriendly tone, that they would make an "exception for me THIS time" and refund my money. It felt like they were doing me a favor, rather than acknowledging their mistake and apologizing for the inconvenience they had caused me.

I was so upset and shocked by the tone of the conversation that I asked to speak to a manager. After being put on hold for an extended period of time, I spoke with a manager who had the same attitude as the first representative I had spoken to. When I explained my situation, the manager's response was that Zulily couldn't be aware of each person's medical situation. While I understand that, I also believe that quality control should be a priority. If the person filling the order has no way of knowing if they're doing so correctly, then how can Zulily expect to keep its customer base?

While I appreciate that my purchase price is being refunded, customer service is about more than just that. How a company treats its customers is a huge factor in whether or not they'll keep coming back. Zulily's prices are good, but they're not good enough for me to put up with being treated poorly.

If Zulily is experiencing growing pains, that's understandable. But if their customer service team continues to make customers pay for their mistakes, then their growth will definitely come to a halt.

2:43 pm EDT

Zulily Store credit being withheld

I cancelled 3 items. I am due 130 in store credit. I've been waiting for 5 days now due to a technical issue. I've been lied to several times, have emails to prove. I cannot be given a corrected timeline. I missed out on all of the sales, I missed out on my site wide free shipping. I've been stressed, again lied to, hung up on. Rochelle a floor manager managed to put $10 in my store credit, like I can buy anything with that? Why not front the entire amount you owe me in store credit? It is mine to use, right? As it stands now I do not have any type of date as to when this technical issue will be resolved. I loved zulily, now disgusted. Please realease my store crefit. You could do $10 why not my full amount? Deal with your technical issue on your time, not mine. Unprofessional shady business. I was told not to use you, now I know why. Where is my $130, plus free shipping plis my aggrevation, plus the items that are no longer available.

Desired outcome: My $139 credit, my free shipping, my items that are now gone and the total waste of over 3 hours of my time.

9:07 pm EDT

Zulily Brown Sock - Accent/ Brown Knit-Cuff Boot

I ordered 2 pairs of boots, which in their description were to be different... One pair was described as brown knit-cuff mid calf boot (sku#[protected]) and the other pair is described as brown sock-accent boot(sku#[protected]) . But in all reality they are both identical pairs of boots. i am requesting a refund on one of the. order was shipped to me on oct.7,2022

Desired outcome: refund for one of the pairs

L
3:56 am EDT

Zulily Missing items that I ordered //

Missing items from recent order ! able to logon unto to site earlier 08/029/22 now have been trying to logon website for 4 ++ hours and keep getting error code 401 , as I had free shipping until 08/30 until 0300 PST but now will[ have to pay more $$$ for shipping ! now is this fair ? Missing callura bracelets that were shipper on 08/19/22 = aqua & silverstone crystal bracelet $12.99 // Pastel & Silverstone bracelet =$12.99 and Iridescent crystal $ Goldstone earrings!

Desired outcome: refund the missing items and waive the shipping fee and an apology for their problems !!! Thank-you

R
12:23 am EDT

Zulily Unauthorised transaction

Hello

I am based in Australia and someone has done an unauthorised transaction on my bank account today (13 July - Maybe 12 July in US) for an amount of AUS $29.35. I have flagged this with my bank and have raised a dispute. The order id is - [protected]

Desired outcome: I would like to have the transaction cancelled

C
10:44 am EST

Zulily Returns and billing

I bought 4 dresses on Oct. 10, received the dresses on Nov. 10th. They were too small, so I requested a return. My return was "excepted" and they sent me a return address to print out. I don't have a printer so I called on the 15th to ask if they had a QR code that I could use at USPS, nope. Got it sent back on Nov.16th. On Dec. 2nd I received my FIRST bill for $85.83. I called to ask why since I have no items at all. Finally after several different calls, they took off the "late fee" but I still have to pay $18.96 because you only get a partial refund. That is not right. Credit card was cancelled immediately. No more of Zulily's ignorant refunds.

Desired outcome: $18.96 for nothing

10:38 pm EDT

Zulily Deliveries Scottsdale Arizona

I am filing a complaint, not with Zulily's products but with the postal service, ups, trac, and delivery update notices that Zulily sends. I have used Zulily for several years and have always been pleased with the products I have received but the delivery service is terrible. I believe at this point Zulily has been around long enough to correct this problem for its customers. Amazon does - when you order something it either comes or Amazon lets you know if there is a problem.

As of recently I have ordered over a thousand dollars in items, including school cloths for my niece. I have no problem with how long it takes, but please please correct the tracking information! I live in an apartment building, which is vulnerable to stealing. Twice this week I have received emails stating items from UPS have been delivered. Not so - and what is worse you cannot find out because the tracking information is never correct. You cannot speak to a live person, and when you do a chat it tells you to look in the bushes of your front yard. There are no phone numbers, and when you "click" on tracking for UPS, it just shows the same thing that the items were delivered, when in fact they were not! This is very stressful and causes a lot of anxiety for your customers. Then some items show they are at the post office, but again try calling the post office, they never know either, even though they sent me a message stating it was delivered! Then there is something called "trac ..." and items just show up, with no notice. I have items from 3 weeks ago, and when I go into my account it shows that I have received these items and if I would like I can print a "return label" the problem is I've never got them!

If it takes a while to deliver that is fine with me, but as of lately I have made a career of trying to track down all of these packages I supposedly have received. I ask you, please please work on your department that sends out these messages and the vendors you use to send the correct information. As of now I am not going to order anything from Zulily anymore! I would like some confirmation that this issues is going to be resolved.

Susan Capoccia
[protected]
4387 N Parkway Ave, 638
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
susie.[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Fix Tracking! I'd like to get my packages, when the tracking department and the delivery vendors send me a message that it was delivered, WHEN IT WAS NOT!

X
12:40 am EDT

Zulily Zulily Canada's referral program is a scam

I've shopping on Zulily Canada for quite some time. Even though a few things I bought were either very low quality or overpriced, I was overall happy with Zulily, so I recommended Zulily to people by sharing invite and event links. Zulily promised to automatically add invite credits for qualified referrals. However, the invite credits never came automatically, and it was a hassle to get back the missing credits. And I was only successful in retrieving part of the credits - Zulily Canada stills owes me invite credits. Therefore, I think Zulily Canada's referral program is a scam.

I shared invite and event links in May and June, and people joined Zulily through my links - I could see new referrals showing up on my invite list. If someone made a purchase, the user's status would change to "Placed an order. You'll earn CAD$40.00 when it ships!" When an invite's order shipped, the invite would be gone from my list. Since I've been keeping track of my invite list, I would know if any of my invites have placed orders and if their orders have shipped.

So far at least five of my invites have made purchases and their orders have been shipped. However, the promised CAD$40 credits have never shown in my account automatically. Every time I had to contact customer service to get back the missing credits. But still, out of the five qualified referrals, I so far have only received credits for 4 of them. I'm still waiting for my invite credits for the referral whose orders were shipped most recently - and I've sent several emails to no avail.

As for the credits that I did manage to get back, for each request, I had to send at least two emails because my request was never responded directly the first time - most of the time the first reply that I received was a standardized template asking me to call Zulily's 877 number. I totally don't understand why - as a customer, I'd expect to receive the same level of services whether I contact Zulily by phone, via email or live chat, right? Every time when I was directed to Zulily's phone service, I'd wonder if the CSR, instead of trying to solve the issue, was just trying to get rid of me by passing my request on to someone else.

After a few frustrated email communication, I one time decided to contact CSR via live chat, but it didn't turn out to be any better. I was asked so many questions and given so many excuses, and I had to show some photos to prove myself to finally get back the missing credits - imagine if I were talking on the phone, how would I be able to show photos?
I took part in other companies' referral programs before, and never had problem with receiving the promised rewards - everything was done automatically without the client asking. So I don't understand why Zulily cannot automatically add the promised credits, and why the CSRs that I contacted were so unwilling to help me get back the missing credits. The only explanation that I can think of is that Zulily's referral program is a total scam. Otherwise, what can explain all the hassles that a customer has to go through to get back the credits deserved?

My experience with Zulily's referral program was very frustrating, disappointing, and discouraging. As a result, I've stopped sharing Zulily's event links, and I'm considering not using Zulily any more myself.

Desired outcome: Add the invite credits due

Read full review of Zulily and 1 comment
View 0 more photos
1 comment
K
K
Kimberley Brooks
Jul 12, 2021 11:29 am EDT

You are absolutely correct! That new promotion from last week had a link. I followed it to a screen that is not normally available. It showed credits going back 6 years that I never received. Tried talking to them about it today and basically was told to never call again about the credits. I did not know about these accepted invites and orders being placed or I would have contacted them in a timely manner. I have contacted them on three (they say four) occasions regarding missing credits. I invited people, they placed an order, therefore there should automatically have been a credit in my account. There invite program is definitely a scam.
No more Zulily for me.

L
11:02 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zulily Order # [protected]; shipment # [protected]; associate elisa ampuero-dole diced peaches + mixed fruit 16 x 4 oz

Received the above on June 29, 2021. The carton/box was wet and soaked with fruit juice. Several cups were open and contents didn't look good; had to discard them. PLEASE REPLACE THE PRODUCT. Shipping of replacement should be FREE; I paid almost $20 for 2 small items: the Dole Fruit Cups and Kleenex Go Packs Facial Tissue. This never happened before (boxed items + other items). I may re-consider ordering BOXED because of your shipping cost. Thank you; I hope to receive the fruit cup replacement soon.

LYDIA ASTORGA
[protected]
Astorga.[protected]@gmailcom

Desired outcome: Replacement of damaged Dole Fruit Cups

Overview of Zulily customer experience

Zulily, an online retailer, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from its customers. The most common complaints are related to their poor customer service, slow shipping, and low-quality products. Many customers have reported receiving damaged or incorrect items, and have had difficulty getting a refund or exchange. Additionally, some customers have complained about the lack of transparency in their pricing and shipping policies. Overall, Zulily seems to have a lot of work to do in order to improve their customer satisfaction and reputation.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Zulily contacts