Etihad Airwaysflight ey 211 18 february 2018

I

Etihad airlines

I wish to express my disappointment in the way my situation was handled regarding flight EY 211 on 18 February 2018.
On Sunday 18 February when I boarded the plane, I notified the flight manager that I was vomiting. After a quick medical assessment and some tablets intended to stabilise my condition, I was told I would not be taking the flight. This was despite my willingness and eagerness to fly. The flight manager denying my passage, assured me, "Don't worry, Etihad will take care of everything."
I took this to mean that the airline had my well-being in their interests and that "Etihad would take care of everything." This was not to be.
I was subsequently escorted off the plane in a wheelchair. Airport staff later took me to a doctor, baggage reclaim, and the airport clinic where I was put on a drip for 90 minutes. I was weak and exhausted.
When I was dismissed from the clinic, there was nobody to assist me.
It was up to me to find a hotel, arrange a car, and book a new ticket for the next possible flight back to Johannesburg.
I was utterly dismayed as the statement, "Etihad will take care of everything" lead me to believe that the airline would assist me to find and bear the cost of a hotel and reissue a ticket for the next available flight at no cost to me.
None of this happened.
I was extremely frail due to my condition and was in need of all the assistance I could get. There was however none offered other than that of the airport staff, which was itself limited. And in fact, Etihad took care of nothing at all.
I therefore appeal to the airline to make could on the promise made by the flight manager on ET211 and at the very least deem it reasonable to cover the cost of the ticket in light of the above poorly handled situation which has left me reluctant to use Etihad in the future.

Iza Goldwasser

flight ey 211 18 february 2018

RESOLVED

• Updated by izafg · Feb 26, 2018

please see details above

• Updated by izafg · Feb 26, 2018

Etihad airlines

On Sunday 18 February when I boarded the plane, I notified the flight manager that I was vomiting. After a quick medical assessment and some tablets intended to stabilise my condition, I was told I would not be taking the flight. This was despite my willingness and eagerness to fly. The flight manager denying my passage, assured me, “Don’t worry, Etihad will take care of everything.”
    I took this to mean that the airline had my well-being in their interests and that “Etihad would take care of everything.” This was not to be.
    When I was dismissed from the clinic, there was nobody to assist me.
    I was utterly dismayed as the statement, “Etihad will take care of everything” lead me to believe that the airline would assist me to find and bear the cost of a hotel and reissue a ticket for the next available flight at no cost to me.
    None of this happened.

Iza Goldwasser

• Etihad Airways's response · Feb 26, 2018

Hi Iza, we are sorry to hear about that incident. Please send all the details to our email address [email protected] so that we can investigate the case thoroughly. Our team will then get back to you. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. *Marc

Comment Guidelines