Caribbean Airlines company logo
Caribbean Airlines
reviews & complaints
Caribbean Airlines
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

229 complaints
107 resolved 122 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Caribbean Airlines customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Caribbean Airlines reviews & complaints

Caribbean Airlines complaints 229

Caribbean Airlines - My flight didnt come straight to New York from Trinidad and I had to pay extra

My flight from Trinidad and Tobago was January 18th, 2022 entering into New York for January 19th, 2022. The flight I was on was BW520, in which had to take and emergency landing in Virginia. I had to pay $357.21 + (tax) $41.39 = $398.60, along with $70 for my luggage to come through altogether equaling $468.6, to be able to go back home to New York (JFK). I would love to get a refund back because I didn't have a connecting flight it was supposed to be straight.
My name is Cynthia Phillips, my number is [protected], and my email is [protected]@gmail.com.
My address is 625 Ocean Ave, Apt 5D Brooklyn, NY, 11226

Caribbean Airlines - Missed my flight to miami

o the 13th of January 2022 my Flight from Tobago to Trinidad was delayed when i got o the aircraft about 20 mons they told us we have to disembark because there's an Issus with the aircraft. however we got back ito the Terminal Buildng and i have a Connected flight with American Airline to Miami the time i get to Trias my flight was goanna. so i ask the lady at the counter what im i to do she told me there's noting she can do about it because i is Ameran airline fault is that supposed to be Caribbean airline fault because they Couse me to issued my flight to Miami. she was very rude to me and turn to me and said sh cant help me me. they treated me very bad i need some answers i slept in the airport to get on my flight to Maimi in the 14th jan.2022. so i need you to call me at [protected] Tyson Gray is my name .hope to here from you ASAP. this is not how you treat human been.

Caribbean Airlines - ticket refund

we were booked to travel 03/15/2020 but were unable to because of'Covid' outbreak. We wanted a refund but were told that a voucher would instead be issued to be used by the end of 2020. Because the Airline discontinued flights into Kingston from ft. Lauderdale, I would like to be refunded the $715.90 I paid or a voucher be issued for another Airline travelling to that destination by 02/15/2022 if possible, I would be very grateful! thanks. NNZILJ [protected]/5

Caribbean Airlines - Flight refund

I booked a fight from MBJ to JFK NY back in 2020 for myself and my friend. (VG8JBO). The airline changed the flight that was departing 12/26/20 at 5:50pm to departing at 10:30am. At the time we needed to be at the airport 4hrs early and it's about an hour to travel to the airport from our hotel. I spoke with a representative who, it's management's approval, agreed to cancel the flight as that change was not reasonable for us and refund us money. I've called and chatted with representatives numerous times over the last year. They kept telling me it would be refunded but I have not seen the refund yet. It was $241.34 per person and a total of $482.68.

Desired outcome: I would like a full refund as I’ve waited over a year for it.

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Caribbean Airlines - Direct flight issue. Return from Georgetown Guyana to YYZ Toronto. Jan 1st 2022

Good morning, to whom it may concern,

I booked a direct flight with a Travel Agency, Caribbean Airlines reservation # 4AVLN9 (BW). The flight was to depart from YYZ Toronto, to Georgetown Guyana on December, 25th, 2021at 10 am. All went well on this portion Flight # BW 0613

The challenge came when we were to depart from Georgetown, Guyana on January 1st 2022 at 1:25am, Flight # BW 612. My friend Susanna was informed of the flight departing time, changed from 1:25 am to 1:45am, Jan 1st 2022. Upon check in, I was advised that the flight will need to stop over in Trinidad due to fuel and weight issues, and boarding pass Flight # changed to BW607 from BW 0612, which was originally booked. The check in representative advised, we will stay on that same plane for about an 1 1/2 hr. and then leave from Trinidad, back to YYZ Toronto.

Upon arriving in Trinidad, Jan 1st, 2022, I and the rest of the passengers were now advised that, we needed to disembark from this plane. The understanding was that the flight into Trinidad, we needed to change planes. I had to go through customs once again in Trinidad and then waited in the lounge until the new plane was ready. This was around 5am Trinidad time. We then boarded this plane and it took off. .We landed at YYZ Toronto around 10:10am Jan 1st 2022

My originating ticket on my return flight # BW 0612, was a direct flight from Georgetown Guyana leaving at 1:25am and landing at YYZ Toronto at 7:05 am, January 1st 2022. This was paid in full with this understanding, as per an email received from Caribbean Airlines.

Not sure why this confusion took place and would like to receive a proper explanation, as I have travelled before with this Airline just recently in November 2021, and all was well.

I am looking to receive a fair compensation, to the above confusion that Caribbean Airlines created, causing a delay of arriving at YYZ Toronto, Jan 1st 2022, approximately 3 hours later, than what was originally confirmed by email and the original booking.

Look forward to hearing from a representative from Caribbean Airlines asap.

I can be reached at [protected]

Best regards

Ritraj Mattai

The plane

Desired outcome: A fair re-imbursement for issues encountered on my return flight from Georgetown Guyana Jan 1st 2022

Caribbean Airlines - Refund / payment not received months after promised

January 2, 2022 To Whom It May Concern: My name is Lawrence Elgin, reference number (3P5V4A) Booking ref: PDDHGU... Moleca Elgin, Total Amount, $1132.92 cash payment Booking ref: PDDHGU.. Lawmar...

Caribbean Airlines - Seat assignment and inadequate customer service

Good afternoon, i, Deonarine Bharrat traveled to Guyana with my wife, Chandrawatee Bharrat on December 16th, 2021 (42DLVI) and returned to NY on December 30th, 2021. I paid for extended leg room...

Caribbean Airlines - Refund of e-ticket

My name is Zenora Razac, E-ticket number 106-[protected]. I would like to get a refund of my ticket to Trinidad from Toronto on Thursday 6th January 2022.
My husband Kenneth bhagaloo has suffered a stroke on the 30th November 2021 and as such I cannot return on the 6th January 2022.

Airline: Caribbean Airlines 601
Fare Type: Classic/Economy
Date of Departure from Lester B. Pearson: January 6th 2022. 10:55 PM

I have attached the following documents:
Evidence of Marriage-Marriage Certificate
Letters from Lakeridge Health Hospital Oshawa

Looking forward for an early response from you
ZENORA RAZAC

Desired outcome: Refund of my ticket

Z

I hope to hear from you soon

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Caribbean Airlines - Compensation for saving a life on board a flight.

Hello, my name is Sharon Thomas I traveled on board a Caribbean Airlines flight about two years ago, and there was a call made if there was any Nurses or Doctor on board, because one of your female passenger on route to Guyana was found unconscious in her seat, the Air stewardess did not know what to do, because after explaining to me, all they had on board was an Oxygen Tank and first Aid kit, I jump into action as a medical professional, just coming from work, tired ( worked in the ER) sprang into action, gave CPR and Chest compressions to try and resuscitate the young lady, after two other nurses came forward and assisted me to take turns in keeping this lady alive before we touched down in Trinidad, I must say it was a tiresome task, but with team work we made it and an ambulance was waiting for us when we landed at Piarco International Airport, we gave our names to the head stewardess and telephone number, nothing came out of this matter, and the reason I am writing this today is my brother passed away on Monday, and I was asking is there any way I can get a discounted Ticket to attend his funeral on Thursday next week? I will greatly apricate the kind gesture, knowing my act of kindness was a genuine one and I would do it in a heartbeat to save any one's life in the future as I do on a daily basis working in the ER, thanking you for your kind consideration and Thanking you in Advance, for whatever decision you make. My telephone number [protected].

Desired outcome: Airline Discounted Ticket

A

Caribbean Airlines - Refund for flight not received

the dates of my flight were changed and I received a message asking me if I accepted but I didnt because I couldnt afford to be out of new york those days so I cancelled the flight and never get back my refund. I have called the airlines many time during this past year and always received the same answer that It take month and I have to wait so I dont understand this please get back to me as soon as possible.

Passenger(s): DELGADO/MARITZA, HOWELL/ALEAH, HOWELL/AMETH, HOWELL/MEGAN
CheapTickets.com Itinerary Number: [protected]
Caribbean Airlines Confirmation Code: 2BHICG

Desired outcome: get my refund soon

Caribbean Airlines - Nick sneakers and cashew

Good afternoon I travel on Caribbean Airline from JFK New York to Kingston Jamaica on Monday December 13 2021 flight # is 0049 departed 2:45pm from JFK. I travelled with a black bag the ones that hold 50lbs. I had 2 pairs of Nick sneakers size 12 a black plus a white one and cashew which were missing on arriving home. Please I am asking for this matter to be investigated.
With thank
Paul Powell
[protected] contact #
[protected]@gmail.com

Waiting to be contacted

J
Dec 13, 2021

Caribbean Airlines - Refund for a canceled ticket

On September 24th of 2020, I purchased a round trip ticket that was going to depart from JFK airport in New York on November 25, 2020, and return on January 20, 2021, from St Vincent and The Grenadines. It is a year now and I have yet to get back my money. I have called and emailed the department that handles this type of situation and they are giving me the same answer. Caribbean airline have canceled my trip the week before I was supposed to leave and said to me over the phone that I had a connected flight that had a stop in Trinidad which was a lie. I need my money. At this point, you guys need to get it together and refund me my money. Why is it taking so long for my money to get back to me when you guys canceled my flight?. Nowhere on my ticket information that I had one stop before my destination. It is very overbearing at this point.

Caribbean Airlines - Ticket refund

I have been trying to get my Air fair Ticket refund from 2019 of shut down of COVID-19 to stop all travel out of the country. I was told 6-7 months and it have 9-11 months and I have not gotten anyone to answer or respond to my text or emails! I have contact the company several times a month and I need my refund to my account as soon as possible. I would appreciate a reply or some answer as to when I can expect my refund.
Thanking You in Advance
Ruth Phillip

Pleas send my refund for my Travel ticket

S
Dec 01, 2021

Caribbean Airlines - Missing Items

Good Night, my name is Shem Almond London of 697 Warwick street Brooklyn New York 11207. I am filling a complaint for items missing from my suitcase which was broken into.
The list of items missing are: 2 shirts cost $70.00 US each, 2 perfumes cost $35.00 US each and 4 perfumes cost $25.00 US each. Total cost of $310.00 US. I am very disappointed that someone would do something like this. This is my first time experiencing this with an airline. I am requesting to have a refund for the cost of the items. I will like to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
My Flight number: BW 527 from New York / JFK to Georgetown Guyana.
Date: 12th November 2021. Ticket # 0079. 3 suitcase and 1 carryon was checked in but one was broken into.
Baggage Tag No. 0106 BW 085512 weight 1/24 kg.
Contact Number: US [protected] Guyana Number: 689-5064
Email address: [protected]@gmail.com

Caribbean Airlines - Missing items

Good day, my name is Lesley Ann Williams.I am filing a complaint for missing items from my suitcase. My suitcase was broken into and my items( gift boxes ) was removed. The purpose of these boxes were for Christmas orders for my small business. This have now put me at a disadvantage. I am no unable to fulfill my orders. I am very disappointed that someone would do something like this. This is my 1st time experiencing this with an airline. I will like to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
Flight # 483 Miami to POS
Sunday 28th November, 2021
Contact: 752-8563
Email: [protected]@hotmail.com

Desired outcome: I will like to be compensated for my items

Caribbean Airlines - Refund

To: Caribbean airlines refund department.
To whom it may concern
I the undersigned am here by filing a complaint for the unusual long waiting time for my refund.
We booked our flight since May of 2021 and you changed our flight so I don't see we have to wait this long for a refund. I called the customer service and was told 9 months and there's a backlog of refund. That's not my problem and I don't care about that. I have to pay interest on this money on my credit card.
I am prepared to go further to get my money back. It is long enough and if I don't get a response from Caribbean airline, I have no other choice but to seek alternative assistance.

Desired outcome: Full refund

Caribbean Airlines - Business class

Re: Caribbean Airlines Flight BW 14 - From John F Kennedy Airport November 15, 2021
I recently travelled to New York from Jamaica on the Business Class, and I am writing this letter to express my utter disappointment in the service meted out me. I have travelled business class on several airlines in the past and this is by far the most horrendous experience, so much that I have had exceedingly far better experiences in economy class in other airlines. A part of me wonders if our treatment was because of our Afro-Caribbean ethnicity, and it is my hope that this was not the case.
The following are my complaints:
Firstly, the ground staff was rude and discourteous, offered no apologies for delays in check-in and boarding and were in general not of the quality to be expected of first class or business class service in any airline.
Secondly, we boarded at the with the remaining economy class and were not given priority boarding. I understand that COVID-19 protocols have changed the order of boarding, but we were the ONLY two ticketed passengers for first class on my return flight. We boarded AFTER people on the 24th row of economy. Even more, when asked about this we were met with extremely rude responses. This is unacceptable on several levels, firstly, we pay more for our tickets, as per your own admission on your website first class gets preferential boarding; furthermore, this was not explained to me nor the traveller accompanying me. Lastly there was no apologies for the behaviour nor was there any explanation. I felt like I "owed" the airline something, rather than being a paying customer. Clearly, there is no additional value to first class when travelling on Caribbean Airlines.
The airplanes need to be better maintained; my seat and equipment were faulty. (i.e. the pull out table was old and not functioning well).
There was no in-flight entertainment at all. Other airlines have either internet access with access to personal screens or through use of the passengers' own devices. This was not offered. The wireless internet that was offered, did not even work.
I unfortunately wasted my money with this airline which could have been used better elsewhere. My experience was so traumatic that I can assure you that I WILL NEVER use this airline again for future travel and I will be exclusively travelling on your competitors namely JETBLUE and BRITISH AIRWAYS whose services far exceed your own at similar prices, and who you need to emulate.
It is my sincerest hope that you will take my feedback into consideration, as a proud Caribbean National I would expect that our airline would reflect the resilience, hospitality and beauty of our islands. At present I am ashamed to say that this is not the case.

Best,
Dr Lori-Ann Fisher MB BS (Hons)
American Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology
Consultant Nephrologist and Critical Care Physician

Desired outcome: refund

Caribbean Airlines - Regarding a complaint with Caribbean Airline

To whom it may concern:

I Ramesh Budhu would like to complain regarding my flight BW 527 on November 5, 2021 going to Georgetown Guyana. My flight was supposed to leave at 1:30AM flying to Georgetown Guyana, unfortunately the Air Hostess announce that the plane has a problem, and in the next 1 hour they said they will give an update, the second announcement was still working on the problem, then at 4:00AM the third announcement stating the plane is not flying straight to Georgetown Guyana, it will stop in Trinidad to get fuel, so when the flight arrived in Trinidad at around 8:30AM we sat in the plane until 11:00AM then the plane leave Trinidad to Georgetown Guyana arriving around 12:30PM. Please note we were sitting in the plane for more than 11 hours without any food and drinks, tell me is that fair. In the mean time my taxi was waiting for me at the airport at 7:00AM so he was told the flight was delayed so he went home, then he came back after few hours to pick me up, so I had to pay double fare $15, 000 1st trip and $15, 000 2nd trip totaling $30, 000 Guyana currency. I went to Guyana for 3 days for business but instead I lost Friday all day, so I did not get to do my business, I always fly with Caribbean
Airline for many years you can check your record, I am a loyal customer. Please help me solved this issue, I am very upset right now.

Please help me with this issue, please feel free to call me anytime or you can email me at your earliest convenient.

Ramesh Budhu
[protected]
email. [protected]@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Ramesh Budhu

Caribbean Airlines - Cancelled flight

Date of Incident Client Number Debbie Wade nee Gravesande [protected] Reservation Code 2KK5LB On 22nd October 2021, I endeavoured to board my Caribbean Airlines flight to Guyana. It was at...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Caribbean Airlines - A pcp test that was paid for but was never administered.

Good day,

I previously travelled on a Caribbean Airlines flight # [protected] from JFK to Guyana on Sunday October 25th. I was required to pay $85 for a PCR Test The clerk give me a sticker in my passport that indicated that I should pay for a test here or in Guyana a courtesy of Guyana.
What I could not understand is, why would I pay for a test to be administered in another country.

I have attached my receipt for your records.

Desired outcome: Refund