Menu

Etihad Airways  -  bad customer service and causing unwanted stress

V
Author of the complaint
2:06 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Vanessa Rhoda, flight ref FAHLUL. I booked this flight to go home to SA to visit my ailing father & children. First, none of the customer care nrs in Thailand worked when I tried to arrange wheelchair assistance & authorisation to carry my chemo drugs. Etihad eventually responded when I took to Twitter. After long correspondence & asking what was required because my Dr is only available on Thursdays, they got back to me Friday evening saying they needed me to apply for medical clearance & my Dr has to complete their Med. Clearance forms. If not, they could deny me boarding on 29/09.After speaking to numerous people & explaining I was cleared by my Dr & am fit to fly, they still insisted I call the hospital & get a Dr to do the forms. All my explanations fell on deaf ears. I called the hospital but no Dr who wasn't my attending Physician wanted to do it. The airline's response:"you could be denied boarding"
I am annoyed & upset abt how I was treated & instead of helping me, this airline made me feel like my illness was a huge inconvenience, more so to them than to me. And they caused me unwanted stress and anxiety up until the time I went to the airport to check in, fearful that I may not see my father who has Alzheimers after being away from them more than 2 years. Yes my illness is serious, but no one needs to be reminded of it in such an unprofessional manner. I feel that if they had told me from the outset what they needed as I requested, this whole unpleasant situation could have been avoided. The worst part is that when I presented myself, no apology for how I was treated was issued nor any compensation in good faith offered. I would like this matter looked into and want some kind of compensation for what I was put through. I kindly ask that you assess this matter and get back to me urgently.

View 0 more photos
Update by VRhoda
Sep 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Correction of flight booking reference :FAJLUL flight departed Thailand 29 September 2019

More Etihad Airways complaints & reviews

Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Etihad Airways - double charging!
Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion