Having problems with Delta Air Lines?

1800 144 917 (Australia)
8800 700 0990 (Russia)
1800 266 0046 (Mexico)
+1 888 750 3284 (USA and Canada)
+44 207 660 0767 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 590 298 (Ireland)
+64 99 772 232 (New Zealand)
+ 32 26 200 183 (Belgium)
+45 82 332 721 (Denmark)
+31 207 219 128 (Netherlands)
+351 213 180 062 (Portugal)
+41 848 000 872 (Switzerland)
+852 800 965 716 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 824 648 (Malaysia)
+63 28 418 800 (Philippines)
+966 114 613 688 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 63 363 371 (Singapore)
+27 114 088 200 (South Africa)
+82 798 651 7538 (South Korea)
+94 112 680 398 (Sri Lanka)
+66 22 535 169 (Thailand)
+84 435 627 330 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 0133 (Argentina)
Dept. 980, PO Box 20980

Amsterdamseweg 55, 1182 GP Amstelveen, The Netherlands

Singapore & Asian Countries
Singapore Post Centre, P O Box 1088, Singapore 914037

India
Podar House 10, Ground Floor, Marine Drive, Sitaram D Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai  400 020, India

Phillippines
9/F, Athenaeum Building, 160 LP. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, 1227 Philippines

Thailand
4th floor, The Peninsula Plaza, 153 Rajadamri Road, Bangkok 10330

Brazil
Caixa Postal 226, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP.: 20010-974, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

Refund

I purchased two airline tickets to Florida using both cash and miles. Due to COVID-19, if we flew there we would be stuck for 2-weeks, as Florida requires people coming from NY to self-quarantine. I go to cancel and Delta refuses to refund me the cash portion I paid. They gave a 'miles credit'. I don't want their credit, I want my cash back.

Leave to another corporation to stick it to the little guy. So much for compassion. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I'm done with them.

Steven Lavelle

Policies and staff attitudes

2/27/2020 flt#2465 ATL-BDL. My wife and I were seated next to a chihuahua lapdog and my wife has severe dog allergies and takes medication prescribed by a Dr. We asked the stewardess if we could have a seat reassignment. She seemed very displeased with our request, said she would check and never did anything. Thus my wife suffered during the flt and the next 2 days. On the return flt#1696 on 3/1/2020 there was a very large Great Dane at the gate. We went to the counter to inquire, and again we were met with an attitude of annoyance and told that since the dog was in row 10 and we were in 22 that the dog would not effect my wife, but they were wrong. However it was not as bad as flt#2465. The Great Dane was very frightened as it was visibly shaking uncontrollably and kept its tail tucked between its legs. The Great Dane did have a working vest on with pretty pink stickers on it, so if it was a "true" working dog, it was pretty pathetic. Is there anyway you can insist on passengers with animals to carry a prescription from a Dr. with an original signature (not a copy or something printed off the internet) and ensure the animals are clean? Furthermore, can you accommodate people with allergies and restrict animals from some flights?Because of your inaction we had a horrible experience flying Delta and suffered for days because of it. I have always flown Delta including several trips to Hawaii and have never had such an awful experience as I've always trusted you to be my first choice in comfort and safety. I know you can do better than this, because you are better than this.

Stolen item from checked baggage

February 18th my son and I were flying back for Las Vegas to Atlanta on DL 1356. The plan was full so we decided to be nice and check our bag and not do carry on. upon arrival to Atlanta we proceeded to baggage claim. We got our bags on the turn stile and my bag had the front zipper pockets half open. I made a quick check and everything appeared OK. After getting home, I started to un pack and noticed my watch was missing. It was a blue Hook and Gaff watch valued at over $350.00 and was just purchased a month ago. I continued to go through my main compartment and it looked like someone had gone through it also. It was very messy. Delta, please do not ask me to ever check a bag again.

hair in sanwich served on board of the aircraft

On January 9, 2020 I was coming back home (Italy) from LAX to Paris - Degaulle Flight DL118 Delat Comfort+ Trip confirmation # G5UF4Z and when served the vegetarian meal, I found a very long blond hair. I immediately called the flight attendant (Sergio) and showed it to him and he filed a claim in front of me and was told that I would be contacted from Delta and I would have miles accredited to my flying blue account for this incident. As of today, I still have not been contacted and no miles have been accredited. I fly very frequently and nothing like this has ever happened to me. I'ts the first time I flew Delta and was very enthusiastic of the service and the team on board but I felt really sick and wasn't able to eat anymore because I kept having nausea reliving the moment i pulled that long hair form my mouth. My flyingblue # is: [protected].

I sincerely hope that someone will indeed contact me soon.

Teresa Rocco
email address: [protected]@yahoo.it
mobile: +39 [protected]

complaint or comment

The comment and complaint form that Delta provides does not allow complaintent to register complaint. Site will not proceed once asking for flight number. Tried to advance, but site will not accept the flight number, which is required to complete application. They block the site so that no one can register a complaint. That keeps complaints low. Tried calling the phone number to register a complaint, but after numerous attempts, and long hold waits, gave up. Exactly what the phone number is designed to do. Terrible service. Stan irwin, [protected]@yahoo.com

6 hour delay and no meal service

January 17, 2020
Good Day,
My 60th birthday celebration started off with a significant disappointment at the hands of Delta Airlines. We always fly Delta and fly first class due to the outstanding service of Delta and the fantastic staff.

My husband and I drove 6 hours from Canada to Minneapolis for our direct Delta flight to Las Vegas, DL 3017, seats 1A and 1B on Sunday, December 29, 2019. We were meeting family in Las Vegas that day to celebrate my upcoming milestone birthday.

After multiple delays due to mechanical issues on the plane, we finally departed 6 hours later. It was beyond frustrating that there was no other plane available. Meanwhile, our family plans in Vegas were negatively impacted by the extended delay in Minneapolis.

After we departed from Minneapolis, the flight attendants advised there was no meal service due the lengthy delay and food service time regulations. Again, another huge disappointment.

My husband and I each received an email from Delta that a $50 travel voucher would be sent to us as an apology for the travel inconvenience. We had anticipated that at least one of our tickets would have been refunded as we are loyal Delta travelers.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

[removed]
807.626.0469
[protected]@tbaytel.net

stewardesses

Flew Delta yesterday with 13 other people. 4 Families going on vacation.
This is not the first time on Delta that I've experienced the rudest stewardesses... they never smile & seem annoyed if you ask a question!
On top of it... you had NO Headphones to sell. That is absolutely ridiculous. This is after you announced they are $2 to purchase.
However our friends in 1st class were able to purchase. ( we found out after the flight) But we were told the airplane had none.
The Delta skybox people were rude too.
Overall. I will not be flying your airlines again. Either will the other people we traveled with.
Get it together Delta!

• Updated by Laura Cibellis · Dec 27, 2019

Flew Delta yesterday with 13 other people. 4 Families going on vacation.
    The Delta skybox people were rude too.
    Get it together Delta!

flights

My daughter and I flew out of Little Rock Arkansas on the 27th going to South Carolina through Atlanta got there and waited on the plane about 30 to40 minutes so they could connect the walk way we barely made our connecting flight on the way back we sat on the plane about an hour a half for deicing know that's important missed connecting flight Delta put us another later flight going and coming back were very early flights how about some tickets in the states

cat on plane - consider people with serious allergies

My name is Bouchra Sefiane-Rucker and First, I want to say - I fly Delta all the time. If you pull up my name you will see that in the past two months it has been quite a bit. I have never had this happen to me and it actually took me by surprise. Today, Tuesday 19Nov2019 I took a flight from Dayton, OH connecting in Atlanta on my way to PBI. The flight number was DL2261, seat number 28A. About 20 minutes into the flight my eyes started itching, my body started itching and in my head I was like this is very strange as this feels like I am beginning to have a reaction to a cat. I have very serious allergies to cats, in that it starts with the itching and then my throat begins to swell, I lose my voice and then I could end up in the hospital. I could not figure it out and about 35 minutes or so into the flight I hear a cat meowing. I knew then that my inclination of what I was feeling was my cat allergy flaring up. When the flight attendant came to my row, I let her know I needed to move as I have a severe cat allergy and I was having a reaction and she immediately let me move up to an empty seat. Luckily I had been travelling the week before and had taken my meds with me, and due to the amount of travel I had been doing I did not take my allergy medicine out of my bag. So I quickly took a pill to stop my throat from swelling. It is now 10:30pm and I am finally starting to feel better, ie my swelling of my eyes have gone down and my throat is not itching and I have my voice back. It made for a miserable second flight (as I had a connecting flight). My point of this complaint is that there has been a ton of emphasis on peanut allergies and so most airlines do not serve peanuts. I am not saying someone should not be allowed to bring their pet on board, but I do think it needs to be noted that there are a lot of people that have severe allergies to cats so if a cat is on board then people should be notified. If I did not have my medicine, it is quite possible that there could have been an emergency landing as once my throat begins to swell it is not a good thing for obvious reasons. I really think that there should be full disclosure when a cat is on board. Both of my flights today were miserable as a result of not knowing and then having a reaction.

My phone number is [protected]

Regards

Bouchra Sefiane-Rucker

missed connecting flight/overhead baggage

Good morning,

I am writing regarding the disappointment I had during my trip to Las Vegas on Delta this weekend. I haven't used Delta in quite some time and decided this would be a good change for me plus the rates were decent. We had a flight from Chicago MDW (Flight #DL6227) with a connecting flight in Detroit (Flight #DL 1554) with a window of only about 30 minutes. I was in a wheel chair. My girlfriend had a carryon bag (along with many other people) that could not be accommodated on the very small plane and was asked to let them store it under the plan.

After arriving to Detroit, we only had approx. 30 min. to make our connecting flight, however the crew could not locate the bags that were placed under the plane. After about 15-20 minutes, the bags were located but the connecting terminal was on the complete opposite side of the airport making it impossible for the passengers to make their connecting flight. By the way, there were about 18 passengers who missed their connecting flight because of this.

After going to the help desk for rescheduling we were offered a $15 food comp. While that was a good gesture, we could care less about food at the moment, we were trying to get to Las Vegas where we had an event scheduled and paid for that night. Of course we missed the event and lost money because the next available flight was not scheduled until after 9:00 p.m. This put us in Las Vegas close to or about 11:00 p.m. and about midnight checking into our hotel room. We only had 3 1/2 days in Las Vegas and dealing with the plane situation, we lost a whole day which in turn spoiled the whole trip.

My concern is: (1) why would you schedule a connecting flight so close together and so far apart? (2) why would you allow carryon bags on a such a small plane that cannot accommodate them? These two only complicated the situation more and disappointed a lot of people.

I would definitely recommend that management look into this situation and I'm sure many more. When short vacations are scheduled, you don't want to sit in an airport 8 hours waiting for the next flight because you missed your connecting flight. I would appreciate a response!

Thank you.

Pearlie Brownlow
[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

flight delay

Alitalia AZ7615/Delta airlines DL 0444 has been delayed for 4 hours on 9/11/2019 from JFK New York to FCO Rome; i was supposed to go on Alitalia AZ896 from Rome FCO to CAI at 12:10 pm.
but as Delta airlines DL0444 arrived to rome on 10/11/2019 at 1:40 PM; thus i didn't catch my flight

i was rerouted to another flight Egyptair MS 794 from FCO-Rome to CAI at 17:55; thus i was totally delayed for over 6 hours in total from arriving my final destination.

all my plans were cancelled for that day + i had a lot of unforeseen costs for such delay

seeking your reply for that Complaint ASAP

I am complaining about 5 hour flight delay bereavement travel

My flight Delta Airlines 385 DFW/SFO via SLC Oct 11 departure 1240pm. I was flying to try and make it to my...

premium select seat malfunction

On August 23, 2019, I traveled to Paris on Delta fl# 0118. I paid additional money for Premium Select (seat 21H). My seat was broken and did not recline at all causing me to have to sit completely upright for the 10 hour flight. The flight attendent agreed that the seat "didn't work" but did not offer to move me. Not being able to get any sleep or meaningful rest caused me additional days of exhaustion for the beginning of my travels.
My frequent flyer number is DL [protected]. I am requesting some type of compensation for this discomfort and impact on my ability to fully function for the first few days of my expensive vacation.
Thank you for your prompt response.
Barbara Cooper
5770 Via del Bisonte
Yorba Linda, CA 92887

stolen luggage

To Whom It May Concern:

On August 20th, 2019 my luggage was stolen from Terminal 2E in Charles DeGaulle Airport. It was stolen after I went through security. I put my luggage on a luggage trolley and left it with my boyfriend and went to get coffee. When I rejoined him 15 minutes later I noticed my luggage was gone. He had sat in a waiting area and had the trolley with him the whole time. He did not know when it went missing. We had to board in 10 minutes and I quickly went back and checked duty free where I had bought some items before I put my luggage on the trolley. I did not see it there, I checked the waiting area where my boyfriend was but did not see it there. I asked the people at the gate and they said to file a report online which I did with Charles De Gualle Airport "paris.missinx.com", as well as InstafileReporting and Delta (claim 167216).

Instafile said they could not help me and I have not heard anything from Charles De Gualle airport.

There was at least a $1, 000 worth of merchandise in there and I am very upset. Can I get covered for this stolen luggage? I was on Flight 263 Seat 14H.

Victoria

Stolen items

Delta Airlines RE: Case [protected]
My Mom checked her luggage at the counter and the Attendant told me that I would have to check my carry-on as well because the flight was full. I did and she placed the luggage tag on it. When we got to JFK my Mom's luggage arrived but mine did not. We filed a report and were told that they would do their best to get the luggage to us before my Mom and sister left on another flight to South Carolina that evening.

The luggage didn't arrive until then next day around 1:00 pm. I opened it and noticed that everything was tossed, my bags were missing, and my Mom's make-up bag was missing. I took everything out and found my Mom's facial cremes that were in her make-up bag in-between my clothes. The luggage was pilferage somewhere between the time the counter attendant placed it on the conveyor belt and the next day when it was finally delivered to my home.

The items stolen were two (2) small Michael Kors bags and one make-up bag (no name brand). All the bags were gifts for my Graduation and Confirmation so I don't have any receipts or bank statements; and my Mom's make-up bag was a gift for Christmas from our Principal.

In addition, I had come coins (Colones) from Costa Rica in one of my bags. They were sentimental to me since they were given to me by my Dad and he passed away April of last year.

I went on line and found the bags. I have attached the links to this email. The make-up bag I found one close to the one stolen on line.

My Mom's make-up bag was black with a diamond cut design. It had the inscription Hello Beautiful. This is the closest I could find in size:

We are extremely upset, disappointed and angry. How can people be so mean and have no regard for other's property? We have never experienced anything like this on any airline. We have lost all trust in having our bags checked in.

crj200 comfort+ upgrades

1 - CRJ aircraft are truly insulting to passengers on an airline gat claims to care about passengers. The entire line sucks horribly. The cabins are too small. The facilities are inadequate - air conditioning never functions enough to make the flight beatable. They are always crowded and frankly, if you are going to fly my on these horrible aircraft, I might as well, pay discount airline rates. STOP INSULTING WITH [censored] PLANES !!!

2 - your says I can select not to be upgraded to comfort +, but, for some reason, I usually am. This is not an upgrade. Frankly again you are insulting me. I get set up at a bulk head seat and it takes 20 minutes to work the kinks out so I can walk after a 22 minute flight. STOP UPGRADING ME WHEN I HAVEN'T ASKED FOR IT!!!

[protected]@durstus.com

I've been diamond for 4 years. I'm on track to spend $72000 with delta this year. Why is your quality sucking so bad?????!?!

jewelry stolen from checked luggage

Left Las Vegas at 11:40 am...4 hour flight
Flight 1857-Atlanta, GA

2 hr 40 min layover

Left Atlanta at 6:46 pm
Flight 2802- myrtle Beach, SC

SILVER JEWERLY MISSING FROM SMALL BLACK JEWERY BOX.
Diamond ring-$5, 000.00
Aquamarine ring-$350.00 (my deceased sister's)
A sterling silver Celtic flat woven bracelet with a rampart lion on the clasp-$330.00
Silver loop ear rings(gift from my best friend) $?

We got to the Vegas airport early to have breakfast and then had a long layover in Atlanta.

I am devastated and I hope there is a way these precious items can be recovered. It never occurred to me things in my checked bag could be stolen.

• Ge
    George Arees Aug 05, 2019

It is a shame that you lost that jewelry, especially the sentimental pieces. However, in the carriers terms and conditions, they specifically state their responsibilities. As a frequent air traveler who spent more than 40 years in the travel industry, I always advised people to carry anything valuable. As part of my role in my position for a major tour operator, I recommended that people leave their valuable jewelry a home as preventative measure because we had clients forget items in hotels, on busses, and on planes. I do hope you recover them, but based on the value, it is unlikely. You may have to file a claim with your homeowners insurance. If you have travel insurance, you may have a limited coverage.

fly delay

I was booked on flight 1243 leaving jacksonville, fl on july 2o at 6:30 pm, the fly was delayed because they were waiting on a flight attendant to get there from another flight although they was a flight attendant at the airport that wanted to work the flight but was told she could not. While waiting severe thunderstorms can through that delayed the flight even further which caused me to miss my connecting flight in Atlanta, Ga with no other ones going out until the next day. There were also no hotels available to all of us who missed our flight. I a 63 year old female who ended up spending the night in the Atlanta airport. I think they should be some kind of compensation for my time and trouble. Please reply to Julie Cade [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Updated by Juliecade · Jul 28, 2019

Delta Air Lines / fly delay

I was booked on flight 1243 leaving jacksonville, fl on july 2o at 6:30 pm, the fly was delayed because they were waiting on a flight attendant to get there from another flight although they was a flight attendant at the airport that wanted to work the flight but was told she could not. While waiting severe thunderstorms can through that delayed the flight even further which caused me to miss my connecting flight in Atlanta, Ga with no other ones going out until the next day. There were also no hotels available to all of us who missed our flight. I a 63 year old female who ended up spending the night in the Atlanta airport. I think they should be some kind of compensation for my time and trouble. Please reply to Julie Cade 904-803-4064 or [email protected]

theft

Left my daughters bag in boot on Saturday night. Rang delta soon as driver drove off who informed me that the driver had finished for night to fill in a lost property form online. We done that to be emailed back and told the driver doesn't have He bag. So I'd like to know how a bag can disappear out the drivers boot between us getting out and him getting home??

compensation claim for added hours of trip and cancelled flight

Re: I am writing regarding flight 8093 (VP33Q2) on July 7, due to depart from San Luis Potosi, SLP to Chicago at the scheduled departure time of 12:36 PM. This flight was cancelled or over sold and I am seeking compensation.

The passengers in the party were myself, Olivia G Macias, Sergio Macias and my elderly parents Antonio Gonzalez and Maria del Carmen Hernandez de Gonzalez.

My scheduled flight length was 6 hours and 56 minutes and the delay to the destination of the alternative flight offered is now 10 hours and 21 minutes. Not only is this inconvenience for my elderly parents who are 92 & 77; now my mother has to wait in Mexico's airport for 5 hours who suffers from pain and swelling of her knees. The lack of professionalism and accountability in this service by Delta has left a lot to desire since a change was made from SLP to Chicago for July 8h instead of July 7th as paid for and requested; without even thinking of the passenger's requirements they changed out itinerary.

I am therefore seeking compensation just as you would have if we had made any changes to our existing reservation.

I look forward to a full response to this letter. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could result in taking it to court.

Respectfully,

Olivia G Macias
[protected]@yahoo.com
[protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices