Having problems with Etihad Airways?

Etihad Airways Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 266 7883 (United States)
+44 345 608 1225 (United Kingdom)
+66 27 873 377 (Thailand)
+41 844 002 211 (Switzerland)
+27 860 123 150 (South Africa)
+65 68 185 555 (Singapore)
+35 170 720 1585 (Portugal)
+63 27 926 044 (Philippines)
New Airport Road, Khalifa City A, PO Box 35566
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etihad Airways Customer Service. Initial Etihad Airways complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etihad Airways above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etihad Airways. Discuss the issues you have had with Etihad Airways and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Etihad Airwaysservice

To whom it may Concern

I am very disappointed with the service that I have been getting.
1- My journey started from sydney, I originally booked my seating 8c from Abou Dhabi to Islamabad, that allocated seat wasn't available for some unexplained reason. Which that issue was resolved in Abou Dhabi they upgraded me to business class.

2- I wanted to reschedule my flight from Karachi to Abou Dhabi, I called Etihad customer service spoke to Umair on the 7/8/18. 3:50am Abou Dhabi time he wasn't helpful at all.
The price he give me to reschedule is $1200 and if I need to purchase a new ticket is $400. So I told he to book a new ticket he replied to check with my travel agent because I might loss my ticket from Abou Dhabi to Sydney.
I called my travel agent and he fixed it with $ 350.

3- I have requested an upgrade to business class from Karachi to Abou Dhabi and Abou Dhabi to sydney.

I get to Karachi airport spoke to Etihad check in desk I was told that they can't because they can't host me as there is no food.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 11, 2018

Hi Ali, we can understand you have not had a great experience. If you wish to lodge a case for investigation, please submit your details on https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-us/contact-us/feedback . Thanks. *Ari

• Updated by Ali Masri · Aug 11, 2018

o whom it may Concern

I am very disappointed with the service that I have been getting.

I called my travel agent and he fixed it with $ 350.

Etihad Airwaysflight overbooked

I booked my flight from LHE - IAD via AUH for 10th August 2018 on 21st June 2018. It was one month and twenty days before the flight. When i reach AUH and i went to transfer desks, first they made me waited for 2 and half hours from 7 am to 9:30am. At 9:30 am they told me that flight from AUD- IAD is overbooked and you have to wait till tomorrow. How can they overbook, i booked almost 2 months before. They compensated me with 300$ transportation voucher, which is completely useless to me. I want cash. The money i spent on booking a hotel in Washington Dc, went to waste. I was supposed to reach on 10th August 2018 but due to their mismanagement, i have been in loss. I will never choose Eithad again. Atleast they should have compensated me with cash, which may be useful to me.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 11, 2018

Hi Muhammad, sorry to read that you were not allowed to travel on your booked flight. Please send us a message on https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-us/contact-us/feedback/ and our team will be in contact with you. Thank you. *Ari

Y

Etihad Airways — charges for carry on bag

Hello, I reserved a ticket for my American wife Christa Drongowski to enjoy the quality Etihad customer...

Etihad Airwaysstaff and flying experience in general

I was met by an extremely rude member of the ground staff and she refused to take my baggage after check in and said "good luck missing your flight" even though other passengers' luggage was being accepted, along with that's carry on wasn't allowed and the staff claimed that it was oversized even though other passengers had bigger carry ons than mine, I felt targeted and she was extremely out of place.
      The flight experience in general was terrible as the seats were crammed, it was hot and the cabin crew was ignorant and refused to come to my assistance even after pressing the call button multiple times.
      Flying with etihad was the worst flight I've ever had and I say that as a frequent flier. I'm never flying with this terrible airline again and I would suggest nobody does...

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 11, 2018

Hi Jessica, that doesn't sound ideal to us. Please share your booking details to [email protected] and elaborate on your experience. Our Guest Relations team will then investigate further and be in touch with you. Thanks. *Ari

Etihad Airwaysmissed flight due to airport personnel errors

Dear Sir/Ms.

I am writing to you to file a complaint for being unfairly targeted by personnel at Abu Dhabi airport on august 2nd, 2018.

I arrived from Hartford/Dublin to Abu Dhabi on Aug. 2nd and had a 1 hr layover at Abu dhabi airport before my next flight to Colombo Sri Lanka. There were an enormous amount of people going through security at Abu Dhabi. While waiting in line an airport personnel asked me where I was heading and redirected me to another line all the way back. By the time I got my bags scanned and finished with the security checks I rushed as fast as I could to the gate of my Colombo flight. As I got to the gate the lady said that it had been closed and that I was declared a 'no show, ' even though there was enough time left before departure (approx. 20 mins.). She requested that I go to the flight transfer desk to address the matter.

After a 4.5 hr. wait in line a personnel said that I had to buy a brand new ticket to Colombo scheduled approx. 19 hrs. later. No hotel accommodation was offered for which I had to pay separately outside the airport. I was told that my checked bag was already en route to Colombo. Once I finally arrived in Colombo, the bag was not there. Subsequently the Colombo airport tracked the bag back in Abu Dhabi and had it delivered some 30 hrs. later.

The entire scenario above was a nightmare due to factors beyond my control and well within the flexibility of airport personnel.

My flight from Dublin to Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi to Colombo were both on Etihad and my bag was originally checked to Colombo in Dublin. I was issued both boarding passes in Dublin.

The above scenario is totally unjust to us customers, all due to mistakes and confusion of airport personnel.

I hope etihad can refund the unjust ticket charge and this can be resolved. Thank you for your time. Sincerely,

Kavan

Depart: 9:25pm
        Arrive: 3:30am
        Etckt no: [protected] PNR: ASYTGT

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 09, 2018

Hello, we are sorry to hear about this incident in Abu Dhabi airport. Please send all details along with your booking reference to [email protected] so that our team can investigate this case and get back to you. *Marc

R

Etihad Airways — service at check in counter

Date 27 July 2018 Time: 17h15 Location OR Tambo Intl Airport Etijad staff involved - Faaizan krull Desk no...

Johannesburg

Etihad Airwaysunprofessional, rude staff

Flight EY 12 on 23/7/2018 from London Heathrow to Abu dhabi. Booking ref: NWCZMS.
          While they are serving drinks, i asked for coffee. she gave me coffee with coffee mate. i requested milk.she then started to give me a lecture about my wrong doing in mixing coffee mate with milk. i said i like it with milk then to my surprise she said ( im not going back to bring milk). i was speechless.
          After a while( i drank my coffee without milk) the supervisor came & said( did you have your coffee with milk ) i said No & she said why not, i said ask her.
          Half an hour later the same girl came back to me & said ( we stopped serving milk in our flights for the past six month). i said that is not true because i came to AbuDhabi in April & i had milk with my coffee. She said( i have been six years in Etihad & i know what im talking about)
          I thought the supervisor will come back to me but she disappear.
          Im a frequent flyer with Etihad for the past 4 years & i have never seen such rudeness from staff.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 08, 2018

Hello Tarik, we are sorry to hear about that. Our staff is trained to deliver excellent service and we apologize if it was not the case. Please send your experience to [email protected] so that our team can investigate this case and get back to you. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airwaysetihad staff at abu dhabi airport

Dear Sir / Madam

We were booked for a flight to Nairobi on 5th August 2018. At the check in desk, the ground staff advised that my wife's passport had only 5 months validity and that authorities at Nairobi may not allow her to enter the country.

The ground staff ( Catriona ) was very helpful and understanding and did her best to help.

I got the contact details of Immigration at Nairobi Airport and talked to them. They said that there is no problem she can travel.

I gave the phone to Catriona and she asked for a different phone number in Nairobi. She was given another, general, number for immigration and she asked them if my wife can travel or not. They told her no problem she can.

Catriona went to clear this with her manager, Hanan Sarhan, who was the most obnoxious and rude person I have ever seen. She refused to even talk about anything.

When I asked her if it is possible to talk to the manager, she said I am the manager. I asked if I can talk to her supervisor /line manager she said : I am the manager. No body above me.

My wife was denied boarding and when I wanted to travel on my own, they said no you cannot. Your bag was off loaded. I said I will travel without a bag. They refused.

When we wanted to re book for the next morning we were asked for Dhs 2430 for each ticket ( i.e Dhs 4800 something for 2 tickets.)

I can not express enough my anger and frustration about this Hanan Sarhan.

I am now asking for a complete refund for the tickets we lost. At least for my ticket as I was denied boarding for no reason if we accept, which I don't, that it was right to deny my wife the flight.

I am looking forward for you response as soon as possible

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 08, 2018

Hello, we are sorry to hear about this. Please share it with us by sending it to [email protected] so that our team can investigate this case and get back to you. *Marc

Etihad Airwaysunethical behaviour

Dear Mrs/Mr,

My name is Elizabeth Klop and on the 1st of august 2018 I boarded at Sydney airport on flight EY 455 which departed on 2055 hrs and arrived on 0540 into Abu Dhabi international airport.
              During this flight I was sitting in seat 52K which had a malfunctioning table which was slightly bend forward. I didn't realise this until one of the cabin crew members handed me a glass of apple juice. I placed this on the table and the full glass fell on my lap.
              I was sookened wet including; blanket share and ofcourse my clothes.
              When asking for some help I was given 3 tissues and the cabin crew continued with their drink trolley (they didnt even ask if I was okay). I was still sitting there completely wet with sticky apple juice all over me. I called them several times but they didnt respond. In the end I shouted that I could do with some help. When they finaly answered they told me to put the blanket on the floor. I wasn't helped with this at all. In the end I finally received a new blanket (at my own request) so I could at least sit on a "dry" chair.
              The cabin crew member I wanted to give the sookend wet towel to didn't want to take this at first.
              I have flown with Etihad airways multiple times and I only have had good experiences. This, however left me speechless. I do understand that tables due to multiple usage can get damaged. However on a almost 15 hour flight I think its crucial that they are checked and fixed if necessary (I had to support the rest of the flight the table with my knee so diners and drinks weren't falling off). The most mind-blowing thing however was the rudeness of the cabin crew (one member in particular). They never asked if I was okay or if I required help. I do believe accidents can happen all the time. However, I do believe it is the job of cabin crew to make a flight as comfortable as possible/can be. I would like some kind of refund due to this very uncomfortable experience I have had.

Yours Sincerely,

Elizabeth Klop

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 08, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, we are sorry to hear about this incident. Please share your experience by sending it to [email protected] so that our team can investigate it and they will get back to you. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airwaysbaggage delay and non-delivery at phx airport

I took Etihad from Abu Dhabhi to Phx via Newyork, my flight got delayed from Abu Dhabhi & eventually missed connecting Jet Blue flight from Newyork JFK to Phoenix. We were rebooked on American Airline [1587] flight from JFK to PHX next day. After lot of confusion & after making us wait for 3 hrs at the Airport, we were taken to Hotel at 1:00 AM, we were told we will directly receive our baggage in Phoenix. However, on reaching Phoenix, we did not find any baggage, American Airlines said they have no clue, Jet Blue said we do not have any clue either. All my 5 bags of the entire family cannot be detected & are now finding great concerns without any of out required clothes & valuables. Overall we were on route for 3+ days where my initial journey time was 30 hrs. Without any fault from my side we are being made to suffer for mishandling of the entire process & eventually after reaching my destination i do not have any baggage & any other required things. I have filed claim with American Airlines. On calling repeatedly to Etihad Airways, support team says they do not know where the baggage is & would forward the concerns to JFK Baggage team, We cannot reach out to Etihad JFK Baggage team, we are clueless how to get any information on our baggage & whether we will get our baggage or not.

Booking Reference Number: EEHSJD

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 05, 2018

Hello, we are sorry to hear that your baggage did not arrive. Please send us your baggage reference (PIR) number in a private message to check where your baggage is. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airlinesuffered from big emotional pain during transit

My parents booked tickets from Pakistan to stockholm arlanda n there was a transit in UK n Abu Dhabi . In short my parents in age of 65 suffered an emotional pain when the staff didn't allow them to board for flight from Abu Dhabi... They stopped them at Abu Dhabi airport...n my complaint is that y they issued boarding passes if they have issues regarding Visa of UK...now I need compensation...my parents are at my home in sharjah n they r ill...
                  Please contact me asap
                  Details I will explain during meeting
                  Their return was from Germany

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 04, 2018

Hi Maria, we're very sorry to learn about your parents' situation. Please send us your details through our feedback website at https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-us/contact-us/feedback/ and we will investigate further and be in touch with you. Thank you. *Ari

• Dr
                      Dr Khan Aug 02, 2018

I have been traveling on Etihad for last 15 year and currently flies 3-4 times from JFK to Lahore Via Abudhabi on Bussiness Class. I am Platinum member in Etihad frequent miles
                      I have seen this Air line decline in service very fast over last 2 year s.
                      1) First Ethad chauffer dirve was taken away in US
                      2) Staff and flight crew not attentive and do not care
                      3) Food quality is declined and same Menu every time I travel
                      4) Pajamas/ Night suite taken way ( so cheap)
                      5) Same entertainment choice ( nothing New)
                      6) I was told that you can order from main Menu only once during entire 13 hour flight
                      Really considering not taking Etihad next time, It is not worth

• Et
                      EtihadHelp Aug 04, 2018

@Dr Khan Thanks for sharing your feedback Dr. Khan, sorry to read that our overall products & services did not meet your expectation. We’ll pass it on and use it to help us improve your experience in the future. *Ari

Etihad Airways24 hour, flight delay, > 48 hours, baggage delay lack of ownership during transit rude transfer staff

Hi,
                    This travel with the Etihad airways was by far the worst experience I've ever had with any airline. The flight was late, the transfer desk crew was rude and uncooperative, and nobody was ready to take responsibility of ‘their' passenger. This was shocking for me as I considered this airline at par with the better airlines.
                    This is what happened.
                    I had reserved return ticket from Lahore to Manchester, and back via airline reservation code "WKDNQF". And reservation code "WTGVBE".
                    My return was planned on 4th of August. But as I had a long list of patients to be operated upon; I gave them a go-ahead for and early date of booking for surgery, and my appraisal for job contract next year; only after reserving and confirming my ticket on an earlier flight, paying 60, 000 PKR extra for this date transfers. That turned out to be a virtual nightmare for me.
                    I checked well in time for the flight, however, the flight from Manchester to Dusseldorf got hold up for hours in a manner that when I reached the airport in Dusseldorf my connecting flight to AbuDhabi was missed and I was stranded at the airport. I tried contacting FLYBE administration but they refused to cater to the issue. When finally, the Etihad air crew came in at 8 pm they gave me boarding passes for my new flights, I asked specifically to cater for my baggage which was loaded in the earlier flight, they casually said it'd be taken care of. But it proved out that nobody moved a muscle for the issue. So spending so many hours at the airport, getting on a flight to AUH at 2105, rather than the scheduled 1130.
                    When the flight finally reached AUH, there was another cold shoulder waiting for me, I explained my situation to the guy at the transfer desk, he refused to take any notice of it saying that it was not Etihad flight so they are not responsible for any compensation, I asked him that I've come off an eithad flight and now gonna board another of your flight that is 16 hours of time in transit. At least provide me some hotel stay or cater for my needs at the airport. But he bluntly refused saying that its none of the airline's business. I wonder how?
                    Now, after that grueling humiliation I finally boarded the flight to Lahore. And reaching there was another surprise for me. My baggage was still in Dusseldorf.
                    And that means, I reached my destination with a delay of 24 hours, which I had to spend at the airport because the airline was not taking responsibility of their passenger. Despite the request I made to your staff My baggage has been delayed. I missed my appraisal for job, the hospital and patients are threatening to sue me for such irresponsibility, where I was delayed by the incompetence of the staff. Moreover, the emotional trauma of being left at the airport in such a manner that the airline did not provide me for the basic rights of travel as declared for the flights operating and originating in EU.

Munib ur Rehman.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 08, 2018

Thank you, our team will then get back to you within a few days. *Marc

• Updated by Munib Rehman · Aug 07, 2018

i have mailed complant at the said address!!!

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 05, 2018

Hello Munib, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Please send the experience to [email protected] so that our team can look into this case. If you haven't received your baggage by now please send us your baggage reference (PIR) number in a private message and we will look into it. Thank you. *Marc

• Updated by Munib Rehman · Aug 01, 2018

Furthermore, i have tried a number of times to lodge this compliant on the Etihad airways website. but to no avail. as i finish the form and try submitting it, the next page doesnt load.

Etihad Airways5 days delayed baggage delivery

Mr. Tony Douglas SECOND REMINDER 25th July 2018
                      Chief Executive Mr. Peter Baumgartner
                      Etihad Airways

I have already mailed to the above mentioned gentlemen and to Etihad had no response from anyone which is very surprising and upsetting.

Dear Sir,
                      Few facts from your frequent flyer Silver card no [protected]. I was a frequent flyer silver card holder on Emirates but stopped travelling with them due to their bad service and attitude to the customer on the ground and in the air. I switched to Etihad because of the service and convenience for London. What is mentioned below is for your favorable consideration.
                      I stared my journey from London Heathrow on the 18th of July 2018 for Karachi. My itinerary was London, Dublin, Abu Dhabi than Karachi. Flights and dates were EL169/18Jul/EY48/18Jul/EY200/19Jul. Ticket number 60728679463441Tag Numbers EL211607/EL211606. On reaching Karachi I found out that my bags did not reach. I was informed by the Etihad Airways Baggage Tracing at Karachi airport that the bags were left behind at Dublin airport. They confirmed that the bags has been traced and they will reach Karachi on tomorrows 20th July flight at 7.00 pm EY200. I kept on inquiring every day they kept on giving fabricated stories that the bags will reach on the next flight at 2.00 am than evening flight at 7pm so on so forth. I informed them that I am diabetic I only have medicines for two days only all medicines are in one of the bags but no one paid any attention to my request. I received my bags on the 24th July 18 in the afternoon at 12.15pm. I opened my bag in front of the delivery driver Mr Kabir and showed him that all my medicines were in the bag he is witness to it. It is unacceptable and unbelievable that it took Etihad to bring my bags 5 days knowing that I was diabetic and frequent flyer silver card holder. I never expected to be treated in such irresponsible manner and I will get this treatment as a reward for being a loyal customer of Etihad.
                      The amount of anxiety, problem, stress and sugar disorder caused by this whole episode is every disturbing and annoying. To compensate me for the problems caused to me with no fault of mine you are kindly requested to please give me a complementary return ticket for London and 30000 tier miles on my frequent flyer Silver card no [protected].
                      Further more I am still waiting to receive my card. I went to your office in Karachi and requested Mr Jamil Siddiqi who sent a message to the head office requesting for my card three months has gone by nothing as yet I am once again sending you my contact details please arrange dispatch of my card to me and update your records. My e mail idee is [protected]@gmail.com and my addresses are
                      Pakistan Address England Address
                      Shoaib Bashir Siddiqi, Shoaib Bashir Siddiqi,
                      House No 42/1, 27th Street House No 5, Benhill wood Road
                      Off Khayaban e Mujahid Sutton
                      Phase V Defense Housing Authority Surry SM1 4HG
                      Karachi. Pakistan England
                      Cell: [protected] Cell: [protected]

You are kindly request to consider my above mentioned request favorably.
                      Thanking you in anticipation

Your loyal customer
                      Shoaib B Siddiqi

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 01, 2018

Shoaib, we will forward the details to our Guest Relations team, so they can create a case for you and investigate what has happened. We will use the email address registered in your Etihad Guest account. However, we would recommend you to delete to remove the post, as it contains private information. *Ivy

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 01, 2018

Hi Shoaib, we're sorry to learn about this. We can understand that this situation is not ideal. In order for you to protect your personal data, we would recommend you to remove your booking details from the public page. To investigate this further, please share your experience with us on our website under the tap "About us - Contact us - Feedback". Thanks. *Ivy

• Updated by Siddiqi Shoaib · Aug 01, 2018

Every thing mentioned above

B

Etihad Airways — delayed luggage and cheating customers

To Whom it May concern, My name is Bahera Hanafi and my mom's name is Nadida Abou Lebbadeh. We're both...

Cairo

Etihad Airwaysnon alcoholic drinks should be served separately from alcoholic drinks

good day

Please be advised that I am a muslim passenger and as I am sure the airline is aware, alcohol is completely forbidden for us.

I was on board a connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to south Africa on 25/07/2018 and when offered something to drink, I asked for a coke zero and was given this in a plastic cup...before I could drink it, I immediately got a strong smell of alcohol coming from the cup. to my horror, the bottom of this cup was messed with alcohol obviously the alcohol dropped on to the trolley that the flight attendants use to serve these drinks.

I am absolutely appalled by this kind of mistake as my religion does not permit alcohol at all.
                        I was highly offended by this and although the attendant offered me a wetwipe and took the cup away, this in no way satisfied this absolutely horrific occurrence.

I demand that something be done about this

Etihad is a big well renowned airline I don't understand why muslim travelers are not strictly catered for.

I have travelled on other airlines and they serve soft drinks in its original can, this prevents contact with any alcoholic drinks at all.
                        Or a completely different cart should be used

why have you not put some system in place to ensure this is prevented at all costs????
                        Please get back to me as I would like to know why this airline is so lax regarding such a big thing.

Zaheera Jogie
                        +[protected]
                        South Africa

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 01, 2018

Hi Zaheera, we're sorry to learn about this. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our services. Your feedback will be passed on. Thanks. *Ivy

Etihad Airwaysfailure to notify passenger of aircraft boarding resulted in missed flight, and passenger required to purchase a new ticket,..

I left Sydney on EY455 on 7 July 2018 for London, with a change of planes in Abu Dhabi to EY19. EY455 landed on time at 5:40 AM and I went straight to the nominated gate for boarding AY19 due to leave at 8:10 AM. This was gate 33.
                          I sat in front of the despatch clerk's desk in the lounge at gate 33, which was at all times busy with other passengers, listening to the PA for an announcement of boarding of EY19. Having heard no PA announcement, at around 7:40 AM, 30 minutes after the expected boarding time of FY19, I approached the clerk's desk and inquired as to the situation. I was advised that I needed to go through security check into another waiting lounge to get to the boarding process. There were no security people on the barriers to this second "gate 33" so I went through to the gate. The clerks on the gate told me that the flight was closed and that I would not be admitted. They further advised me that for the large number of passengers on an A380, they use these second, larger waiting lounges and do not use PA notifications at all.
                          On further advice, I found a re-booking desk where the clerk advised me that
                          I would need to buy a new ticket, online. I asked to speak to a manager to complain about the process but was advised that we were in a secure area and no manager was available. I managed to book the next flight online, at a cost which was the same as the cost of my total fare from Sydney to London. At that same re-booking desk were two other passengers who had suffered the same fate as I did:- missed their flight on an A380 waiting for a PA announcement that never came.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 01, 2018

Hi John, this doesn't sound ideal. In order for us to investigate this further, please share your experience with us on our website under the tap "About us - Contact us - Feedback". Thank you. *Ivy

Etihad Airwayslack of air miles being shown on my guest account number [protected]

In December 2017 I flew to Sydney with ETIHAD and returned to the UK at the beginning of January 2018. At that time I was unaware that I could claim air miles for those flights. I had booked for a party of four people.
                            On 1 April 2018 I received an email from ETIHAD saying that I could claim 8185 air miles by 28 April 2018. All I had to do was arrange to open a guest account with ETIHAD. This I did by 8 April 2018 with the number [protected].
                            The air miles did not show and since then I have been in correspondence with ETIHAD asking why the air miles had not shown on the account. I was then asked for various items of information about the flight which I duly gave by email.
                            The only response I received was that I could not claim as I was outside the three months claim time.
                            I pointed out that the email I had received asking me to claim stated that I could claim up until 28 April 2018 and that I had done.
                            I asked that the matter be referred to a supervisor but that request was never acceded to and it is only within the last month that I telephoned ETIHAD and they told me to submit a complaint which I am now doing.
                            ETIHAD knew full well I had taken the flights with my party.
                            I cannot see how to attach a copy of the original email from ETIHAD but if you give me an email address I can do so.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 01, 2018

Hi Bill, please send us the screenshot of the email you have received from our Etihad Guest team to claim your miles, as well as your Etihad Guest number on one of our social media channels (Facebook or Twitter direct message), so we can assist you further. Thanks. *Ivy

Etihad Airwayslong delay

Two passengers, Anna Bakhmoutski and Leonid Gaisinovitch, booking number OYNIFK, were delayed by 24 hours on our flights EY30 from Dusseldorf to Abu Dhabi and the connecting flight EY462 from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne, without any previous notice.

Flight EY30 from Dusseldorf to Abu Dhabi on 27th of July 2018 was scheduled to depart at 21:05, but was cancelled after the boarding when the passengers were onboard for approximately 2.5 hours, at approximately 10:30pm.

At the time of flight cancellation and in the following 3 hours, no alternative departure time were given. Passengers were requested to collect their luggage which did not arrive until approximately 1:30am.

New flight departure time of 13:15pm on 28th of July 2018 was advised by sms to my mobile +[protected], at 1:38am, by EtihadAir. New flight time was 16 hours later than the original scheduled departure time of 21:05 on 27th of July.

3 hours later I received another sms from EtihadAir advising that our flight EY462, originally scheduled to depart from Abu Dhabi at 9:55 am on 28th of July to Melbourne, has been changed to 9:55am on 29th of July, to arrive in Melbourne at 5:15 on Monday 30th of July which is 24 hours later than the original flight we were booked for, that was scheduled to arrive at 5:15 on Sunday 29th of July.

As a result, both my husband and I had to notify work urgently that we will need to take leave on Monday 30th of July, on a very short notice. Our travel from Dusseldorf to Melbourne took approximately 48 hours instead of 24 hours as per original schedule.

During the check-in for our re-scheduled flights, we have received apology letter from Etihad Airways dated 27th of July 2018, regarding the Flight EY030. In the letter, it has been advised that the flight was delayed "due to Airport Limitation", with the statement that "all airlines operating to and from DUS airport are experiencing flight disruption."

We were advised by the Etihad Airways team member to lodge a complaint that is likely to result in the compensation of up to 600 Euro per passenger.

Desirable resolution of this complaint would be to receive a refund of 1, 200 Euro for the two passengers who suffered 24 hour flights delay, stress of uncertainty for us and our families in Melbourne and Dusseldorf, extreme tiredness after the 48 hours travel and impact to our work commitments.

If you need more details, could you contact me on my email address Anna.[protected]@gmail.com or sms to my mobile +[protected].

I will appreciate your response as soon as possible, at the latest by Friday 3rd of August.

Thank you very much for reviewing this complaint.

• Etihad Airways's response · Aug 01, 2018

Hi Anna, we're sorry to learn about this. We have shared the information with our Guest Relations team, so a complaint case will be created for you. You shall be contacted by a case officer, as soon as the investigation is completed. Moreover, we would recommend you to remove your booking details from the public page, as it contains personal information. *Ivy

• Updated by Anna Bakhmoutski · Jul 31, 2018

Hi, any update on my complaint above? thank you. Anna

• Updated by Anna Bakhmoutski · Jul 30, 2018

I am surprised that no complaint number has been allocated so I cannot refer to my complaint if I contact Etihad Airways later. Are complaints logged in the Etihad Airways system and registered? are numbers allocated to each complaint? would appreciate response via email. Thank you.

• Updated by Anna Bakhmoutski · Jul 30, 2018

Waiting to hear back as soon as possible. Copies of boarding passes prior to EY30 flight cancellation and after re-scheduling of our two flights, and the apology letter from Etihad Airways, are available and can be provided if required.

Etihadflights

To whom it may concern,

Terrible  experience,
                                We are a Diplomatic  family  that travels  on a regular basis and we've  never  been  treated so unprofessional in all our years of flying.

We chose to use Etihad due to their good reputation and service, unfortunately  it wasn't  the case yesterday on our flight  from  Athens to Abu Dhabi. The flight  departed about 1 and a half  hours  late  from  Athens which  meant that we  missed  our connection to Mumbai (909).

Upon  our arrival at  Abu Dhabi we were ushered by one of your  officials to one side explained that the  flight  has left and that  they also didn't have  space  on the  next  morning's  flight  (today the 29th of July ) and we could  only  depart maybe in the  afternoon. I enquired  about sleeping  arrangements as we had 2 small  children  with  us. They mentioned that the  only  option  they had was to book us into the  transit hotel since we couldn't  leave the  airport  due to our diplomatic  passports.

The accommodation  consisted  of a small  cubicle with a bunk bed. ..which  meant our family was split up and the kids had to share our bed as they were petrified of falling from the top.

When I enquired about freshening  up they mentioned that we should  use the public  bathrooms to wash-up in the  morning.  I  was completely  shocked  as iy was the airline's  fault and they  didn't  offer  us the Etihad  lounge  for this purpose.  When I explained  that it was Etihad's problem  your representative  told me it's  not their policy.   After a while  one of your representatives indicated that  we might  use the lounge  but only for 10 minutes to freshen up.

Since we  didn't  have  our baggage  we had no clothes or toothbrushes.  We asked and they said that they would  make a plan providing  us with toothbrushes ...but alas...no news from your staff yet and it's  now 5 in the morning.

They handed us some meal vouchers which was only valid  at about 3 outlets. ( not everyone is  addicted to Burger king ) The items  allowed per outlet  was also restricted which  meant  we used our own  money  to  provide for our children's  dietary  requirements.

Anyway. ...hopefully we can leave for Mumbai today. I  will  make  sure that I  share my experience with  all our colleagues from all Diplomatic  missions, Embassies and Consulates as this is  shocking without even  a apology  from  your staff. They say one swallow  doesn't  make a summer or we are a drop in the  bucket. ..well I will  do my best to inform  as much  people  as possible including  photos.

Thanks

Adriaan Nel

• Et
                                    EtihadHelp Aug 01, 2018

Hi Adriaan, we're sorry to learn about this. In order for us to investigate this further, please share your experience with us on our website under the tap "About us - Contact us - Feedback". Thanks. *Ivy

S

Etihad Airways — urgent | unexpected flight cancellation

Dear sir/madam, I am emailing you in absolute frustration at the email my friend received a few hours ago...

Denpasar