Menu

P
Author of the complaint
8:43 pm EDT
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Pamela Jackson. I recently rented a mini van from your Matteson location on 3/29/2022. RA#616Z2Z. My interaction was first with Garrett, then Chris and finally Adrian. All gentlemen were respectful and attempted to handle my situation but I am still not satisfied and likely won’t rent from Enterprise again.

In summary, I was given a car that was older and a basic model with no clear and evident way to connect Blue Tooth. Shortly after leaving your Matteson store, I called to see if there was another option for a vehicle OR if I could get some assistance in setting up blue tooth, if the car had it. Garrett assured me he’d call me right back and didn’t. Wednesday morning I got on the road headed to Gatlingburg, TN for my daughter’s cheer competition which she had to be there by 6 pm for the first round in order to cheer if the squad moved on.

Midway through the trip, I called Enterprise on Wednesday to report that the air conditioning was malfunctioning and blowing warm air. Garrett was busy and Chris was rushed (several customers in the lobby). Chris suggested finding the nearest Enterprise and trying to swap out the cars. I should add I had 4 children under the age of 11 in the car with me. I was blown that he wanted me to figure out this problem, but I proceeded to go to two Enterprise locations. The first didn’t have a vehicle. The other one had one but it was being serviced so I had to wait for it to return from an oil change AND be cleaned up and prepared to go out. I lost 2.5 hours not to mention had to manage 4 restless children and my stress level was at an all time high knowing that I needed to be at a competition by 6 p.m. and we lost an hour in transit from the time zone change. Devon Brown of the Greenwood, IN location was fantastic. We got on the road and proceeded to Gatlinburg. Arrived at 815 p.m. and disqualified from participating in the competition. When we got out of the car to go into our hotel, the right passenger sliding door would not close. It would close and open so I had to force it to close each time someone got into or out on that side. Do you know how annoying and inconvenient that is? The sole purpose of going was for the competition. This meant I needed to find activities to fill the time that would have been filled with competitions. This cost me an additional $675. Enterprise Rental was solely responsible for my delay and thus my daughter’s disqualification and added expense. Adrian offered to cover 3 days of the rental.

I am appalled that you have these vehicles in your fleet as they are the most basic and not user friendly.

More Enterprise Rent-A-Car complaints & reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - deposit refund
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time
Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Billing for damage that is not responsibility