[Resolved] Empire Today — billed wrong amount
I too, unfortunately, used this company to have laminate wood floors installed. I'm still not sure they installed the same product they showed as their sample, because the floor is a slightly darker color and doesn't have that 'hardwood' feel to it. However, my complaint about this company is that they quoted me $4100 for a large living room area. When I went to a competitor in town and got a cheaper quote, they agreed to lower their price, (not as low as the competitor's, but closer, as they insist they have superior products). Well, I went through the financing where you don't pay for a year. When I got my first bill from the finance company I saw that Empire submitted the first charge of $4100. I have called them 4 times over several weeks, sent letters, done everything to get the correct 'reduced' charge applied as my financed amount, and they have done absolutely nothing but ignore me. They constantly promise someone will call me back, and they never do. Their Illinois home office says the local office has to correct this, but then they say they cant give out the phone number for the local office- that all communication must go through the home office. Also- word to the wise... check the Better Business Bureau website... you'll be stunned at how many complaints Empire Today, LLC has on file. I wish I would have checked before I did business with them. WARNING... DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE, AT BEST, A SHADY COMPANY.
More Empire Today Complaints & Reviews
- Empire Carpet - fraudulent quote!
- Empire Today - steer clear of empire today!
- Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service
- Empire Today - price deception!
- Empire Today - cost of quote
- Empire Today - breech of contract
- Empire Today - bad carpet - hey said they would replace-avoiding my calls again
- Empire Today - Carpet installation
- Empire Today - cancellation
- Empire Today - installation issues and unethical behavior