Empire Carpetfraudulent quote!

D

On 2/21/07, a sales representative from Empire came to my house to give me a quote. The representative measured the two rooms (living room and bedroom), advising me that it totaled 80 square yards. I picked out two different samples. For the less expensive sample, he advised that it cost $29 per square yard, including removal of the existing carpet, padding and installation. Including taxes, he quoted a price slightly more than $2,500. After I hesitated, he stated that the "sale" would end that day. I asked him what the "regular price" was, and he responded that it was $38 per square yard. After I hesitated further, he asked how much I would be willing to pay. I paused, then stated, "maybe $2,000." He said, "Okay, but I need to know now." I hesitated again, and then I left the room to call a contractor-contact of mine to ask if that price was reasonable. He advised me that the price was high. I told the sales representative that I had to think about it, and I would call him the following week. After he left, I had an independent carpeting contractor come to the house to give me a competitive quote. The other contractor came to my house later in the day to take measurements. He advised me that the two rooms totaled only 68 square yards. Thus, the Empire sales representative lied to me about the total yardage. I decided to drop it, and not call Empire back.

The most egregious act by Empire, however, was still to come. On 2/25/07, I received a call from an Empire telephone representative, who asked me if I was interested in purchasing the carpet. Without explanation, I said no. She responded that Empire could beat the last quote. I stated that I was still not interested. She asked me why. I then started to explain the entire story, including that Empire lied about the amount of square yards. Before I was finished explaining what had happened, but after I told her that Empire lied about the total yardage, the Empire telephone representative hung up on me. I fully expected her to apologize and tell me that Empire would undertake an investigation, but instead she did just the opposite. By hanging up on me, she exposed Empire for the fraud it really is. Obviously, this was not a situation where the sales representative who went to my home was a "bad egg." To the contrary, by hanging up on me, she proved that Empire is in on the fraud. Empire's fraudulent scheme, among other things, is to overquote the amount of square yards needed. Empire should be shut down.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Company Response · Jan 20, 2010

Thank you for bringing your carpet experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at [email protected] so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Empire Today's response · Apr 30, 2012

Jerome, we’re disappointed that you’ve experienced issues with your product post-installation, as we always want to work with our customers to ensure they have a positive experience. We understand that we’ve been in contact with you and that we’ve scheduled repairs for later this week. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call us at [protected] x4195 or email us at [email protected] Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Jul 02, 2012

Thomas, we regret that your product has not been meeting your expectations. We understand that we’ve been in contact with you about this issue recently and that an inspection was done. We will have a member of out customer service team follow up with you soon to discuss the results of the inspection and your concerns in more detail. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [protected] x4195 or email us at [email protected] Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Oct 08, 2012

Linduska, we regret the issues that occurred during your installation. We would like to opportunity to learn more about your situation and help make things right. Unfortunately, we cannot locate your account with the information provided here. Please call us at [protected] x4195 or email [email protected], and a member of our customer service team will reach out you. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Feb 21, 2013

We’re disappointed that you were not satisfied with your experience working as an independent contractor, as we always strive to create a positive work environment. We would be happy to discuss the concerns you have expressed here. Please contact our Human Resources department at [protected] ext. 3007. Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Feb 28, 2014

Wilbow, thank you for bringing your missed appointments to our attention. We realize that this is a frustrating situation, and we are disappointed, as this is not the level of service that we expect for our customers. We would appreciate the opportunity to make things right for you, but unfortunately, we cannot locate your account with the information posted here. Please call us at [protected] x4195 or email your information to [email protected], and we will reach out to you to discuss a resolution. Thank you. Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Apr 21, 2014

Thanks for sharing, Bradley! We love receiving feedback from our customers, and we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. We truly appreciate the recommendation and hope you’re enjoying the new look and feel of your home!
    Jeanette Ramey, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Oct 24, 2014

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We always strive to provide a positive work environment, and we would like the opportunity to discuss these issues with you in more detail. Please contact our human resources department so that we can learn more about your concerns.

• Empire Today's response · Jul 28, 2016

We regret that your experience did not meet your expectations. We never want our customers to be disappointed in the products or services that they receive. Although you have decided to go with another company, we would be happy to discuss any questions or concerns that you may still have. Please feel free to contact us at [protected] x4195 or [email protected] Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Aug 01, 2016

Thank you for making us aware of your concerns, Ralph. We regret that you did not agree with the pricing for the additional work that was required to complete your installation. We will be following up with you shortly to discuss this matter in more detail. You can also reach us at [protected] x4195 or [email protected] Thank you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Empire Today's response · Aug 01, 2016

We’re sorry for the difficulties you had scheduling your appointment and that you weren’t kept informed throughout the installation process. We do expect our sales representatives to work with each individual customer’s budget and needs during your sales appointment and we’re disappointed to hear that your sales appointment didn’t meet your expecations. However, your feedback is very important to us and we’d like the chance to speak with you further to address your concerns and to learn more. We never want anyone to leave their experience with us unhappy and want to make things right. If you’re willing to speak with us, please email your information to [email protected] or call us at [protected] x4195 and we’ll follow back with you. Rebekah Clerk, National Customer Service Manager

• Wh
    WhitingHomeowner Aug 31, 2016

I called for an estimate, they made an appointment for me. I waited around all day, then they called and said they couldn't make it that day. I rescheduled and then the guy NEVER showed up. I took off work to wait for this guy. I called to find out where he was, I thought maybe he was running late. They told me the guy who was supposted to do my estimate was OFF that day and I had to reschedule the estimate. I took off work! I was mad!! I told them NO, I can't reschedule again!! -- I wouldn't use them!!!

• Wh
    what? Aug 05, 2016

That cannot be true, since by empire todays agreement, the salesman can only have a 200 bucks deposit when the order is placed. Anyone can call the 8 hundered number they have and ask what is the deposit amount needed to place an order, and that is 200 bucks. I justed installed a 9, 000 dollars order for carpet and I was required only 200 dollars for downpayment. truth is, no one is so green to beleive your story.

• Valerie Aug 05, 2016

I am very upset, I would recommend to never using them. My father is dieing and need to sell our home to move my parents in with us; they won't refund the deposit. I had put down 847.00 towards a 2500.00 order! They have no feelings are cold and calculating people. I will never, ever use them again!!! Empire Today has no feelings in regards to their clients. They will not return my deposit. I have gone to corp level and they are still telling me no. I wish I would have gone on line first before I placed an order. I am so very upset with the disrespect they have for people.

Rebekah Clerk Aug 05, 2016

Thank you for brining your concerns to the attention of Empire. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service to every customer. We are currently looking into the concerns mentioned in your post. We will contact you within the next three business days. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.

• Ro
    Ronda Depkin Aug 05, 2016

We have been trying to schedule a "free in home estimate" from Empire Today for two weeks. My husband does work odd hours so sometimes it is hard to schedule things like this. Well, fortunately, Empire today had a Sat morning appointment that we could both make (all decision makers must be present!). The window is supposed to be 9am-11am. At 11am they call and say the rep won't make it - how about 12:30pm. Well, my husband is leaving for work, so that won't work. The only day off we both have is Sunday. Of course, they don't want to work on Sunday. After much discussion, the customer service rep puts the actual person who will be sent on the phone. She agrees to come Sunday morning at 10am. She must have made a great sale on Saturday because at 9am on Sunday she calls to cancel on us because the financing department will be closed. When I express my great frustration to her, she hangs up on me! I did raise my voice, but did not curse, etc. I immediately call the customer service number and am told a manager will get back to me in 1-3 business days. I see all these other complaints about Empire Today and I 100% believe them. They are not a responsible company. After reading all these complaints, I guess I'm glad I didn't have to put up with their high pressure high dollar sales tactics.

• El
    Elisabeth Blachard Aug 01, 2016

I just paid $24, 31 for an iPad2-64GB and my girlfriend loves her Panasonic GF 1 Camera that we got for $34, 26 there arriving tomorrow by UPS. I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $678 which only cost me $68, 18 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, CentSpace.com

• Nj
    njcustomer Aug 01, 2016

Empire is probably the most unprofessional company we have ever dealt with. The pricing is absurd but if you negotiate the sales person will say yes to get the sale. Then when they tell you that they will start work on Wednesday 9 AM that means they might start at 4PM and will most likely need 4 days to do a 2 day job. Then when you call the sales rep to ask what happened to his promises he said his job is to make the sale and hung up the phone. We ended up canceling our order because they couldnt confirm which day they would start work and if they work would be done on continuous days or if we would be stranded for days at a time. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY...dont go through the headache we went through !

• La
    Lance Aug 01, 2016

I'll try to keep things short and simple... I had scheduled an installation for carpeting with Empire and they never showed up or bothered calling. My wife took an entire day off waiting for nothing. When I called to find out what was going on, the rep told me the install date was scheduled for a different date. Sad thing is, I called my sales rep 2 days prior and left him THREE voicemails to make sure someone was coming for the install. Never received a call back so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and alas - his lack of professionalism should have been the first clue. Never even called to apologize. I filed a formal complaint with a customer service rep and they never called me back to address my issue. I even sent them an email - corporate then forwarded my message to the local branch and guess what, 2 weeks later and still no call. Is this how you want to be treated after spending $3000 with them? Think about it.

• Se
    Sean Murphy Aug 01, 2016

Had a Graden Window installed at a very premium price with the GUARANTEE that any problems would be dealt with within 24 hours. Well the window was installed on December 21, 2007. During the installation, the Empire Today installer stated that the glass shelf which is part of the Garden Window Package was too big and he would have one ordered that was the right size. 2 weeks later I called Empire Today and inquired about the replacement shelf. They stated they did not know anything about it and would reorder it. 2 weeks later I get a call that the shelf is in the warehouse and an installer would contact me to schedule an installation (which takes about one minute to put the shelf on the holders!). The installer came out a week later, and said the shelf was too small! He said he would have the warehouse order a new one and it would be two weeks (again!). Well I called Empire last week and still no shelf was ordered. It has been 2 MONTHS (today is February 28, 2008) since this Garden Window was installed, I have paid for this item IN FULL and they have not returned my calls, or messages, or emails!! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE SHELF??? After all this, you would expect some sort of compensation, I mean, Empire has installed ALL the carpet in my house, my wood floors, and the Garden Window. That's thousands of dollars I have paid to them, and this is the treatment I am now receiving!!!! My wife and I were thinking about them installing a tile floor in our kitchen, had them come and measure and everything, but after this service, I don't think so.....

Business Response. Aug 01, 2016

Thank you for bringing your carpet experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our customer service team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at [protected] so we can assist you.

• Mr
    Mr. Empire Aug 01, 2016

What a bunch of whiners, I do not need customers like this!!! Take your business elsewhere, you lazy bums!!!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Empire

• Po
    pon123 Aug 01, 2016

Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. From http://www.puneonnet.com

annie Aug 01, 2016

a couple of months ago i placed an order with empire the sales lady came out .who was very nice i placed an order for the next day instalation and they never showed up . i was so upset i canceled the whole order . a couple of months later i figured let me give them another chance had an appointment no show . i call they give another appointment no show .well then i called again very upset and the lady offers me 100 dollars off my order i said ok . the next day the sales man comes give's me my total 393.00 i said ok plus my 100 dollars off he said sorry i cant do that the total is only 393 its to low for me to honor that .so now im waiting for a manger to call me ...yeah right .this company suckssssssssssssss

• Jm
    J. Monastra Aug 01, 2016

On Friday Jan 18th I entered into an agreement with Empire Today for carpet for my home. I paid a deposit and financed the remainder with GEMB. Friday was the only good day in the entire experience. On Thursday Jan 24th the installers arrived at my home. They did not have the measurements or drawing of my home; they did not have sufficient carpet and the carpet was in one large roll (per agreement the carpet was to be precut at the warehouse). The installer wanted to re-measure the house and take the carpet to a friend's storage center (not Empire property) and cut it there. He had no idea of what was stored at this location nor could he comment on the cleanliness of the facility. In addition his work order showed minimum furniture to move when in fact the specification paperwork was marked for considerable furniture including a piano. Frustrated I call the Empire facility in Baltimore and spoke to the manager Leroy. As we were trying to work through the issues with the installer Leroy's response was "quit wasting my time - we have other work to do". I immediately canceled the order. As noted by other disgruntled customers trying to get my deposit back and trying to cancel the account with GEMB is another disaster. STAY AWAY FROM EMPIRE!!!

• Jm
    jmr Aug 01, 2016

We set up the appointment to order carpet for our whole house a week before it was to be installed. The day it was to be installed, we were told that it did not get onto the truck. They said that they would deliver it the next day (Saturday). About 1/2 an hour after they were due, I called the local number. No response. So I called the national number. I was told that our information had never been entered into the computer. How can they possibly deliver next day, when they aren't able to enter a carpet order into their computers for at least a week? We found someone else.

Rebekah Clerk Aug 01, 2016

Thank you for brining your concerns to the attention of Empire Today. Empire Today is dedicated to providing world-class customer service to every customer. Unfortunately, we are unable to reference your account with only your first name as provided on this website. We would like to work with you to resolve your concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.

• Le
    Leo Hoover Aug 01, 2016

Empire Today is owned and ran by various Russian family's around the country. They sub contract out to other company's for their installs. The ball is almost always dropped when dealing with them. I have seen them as a super for a custom home builder go to install one of my homes came out and not only installed the carpet with about 60 seams. (only needed 5) but un-irritated in the tub. Beware when you purchase from these people your dealing with multiple company's that act as one. The main is Empire, then your flooring dealer (which if you have a problem you have to deal with) then your subcontractor.

• Ha
    Halton Aug 01, 2016

First of all let me say that their ads are very decieving, I paid for every bit of carpet that was laid. I told the salesman that I didn't want a carpet that showed every vaccum mark and footprint like the one I was replaceing, he assured me that the sample he showed me wouldn't do that. Well it did and after 2 months I called to complain about this and was once again assured that after a little more time it would stop along with all the fuzz I was collecting in my vaccum cleaner, of course they have no record of this phone call. I have had the carpet professionally cleaned and it is still doing it. I complained once again and was told that for $125.00 they could send an inspector out to see if it was in the manufacturing of the carpet or just the way the carpet was suppose to react, they wouldn't say what they would do to correct the problem. Now, why should I pay $125.00 to have someone come out after I have already invested over $3, 000.00 in carpet that looks like crap and 10 yrs. old when it is only 18 months old. I would not buy carpet from them again nor would I reccommend the company to anyone.

• Sh
    Shannon Aug 01, 2016

They are a total rip off. They installed the wrong carpet in my house ( 1 room). They gave me 250 off of a 5000 dollar bill. This took over 3 months of calling to get, dealing with rudeness from even the president (that's what the guy said when I called) of empire. They are total scam artists. The installers could not speak english. So I wrote a good report for them to get them out of here thinking empire would take care of it like the salesman said. No Way they took care of nothing (except 250 off). I would never do business with them again. Empire is way to high on there prices and once they have your money they no longer care. BUYER BE AWARE!!! My advice is go to Lowes,Home Depot They will at least follow up on there work.

• Pa
    Paul Fleck Aug 01, 2016

Had the Empire boys come to my home. They did a great job replacing three rooms of carpet. They forgot to bring material to re-carpet the stairs. It wasn't on the order but it was on mine.

After we got that straightened out they re-scheduled another install date and came out to do the job to-day. They came out, ripped up the existing carpet, then realized they did not have enough carpet to do the stairs. The supervisor at site got on the phone while his partner walked around outside. I asked him to please remove the hundreds of staples and ripped up underlay. I was told the next guys will do that and that I should wear shoes when using my stairs.

I found a razor blade left on the stairs and am now looking for some shoes for me, my wife and my 2 - 85 pound Briard dogs!!! What a nightmare!

My wife and I BOTH walked through what we wanted to be measured for the stairs. The guys that came to site had NO FREAKING IDEA what they were supposed to do.

They thought it was a REPAIR job!!!

Oh yeah... I no speak English as well... HELP!

• Em
    Empire-Today Aug 01, 2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have looked into this complaint and unfortunately we were not able to access you though our system. We will be more than happy to discuss your concerns with you. Here is our toll free number that you can use for your concerns..... [protected] and ask to speak to one of our Resolution Team members of whom will be glad to assist you in any way possible. We look forward to speaking to you very soon. Have a great day.

• Pd
    pdbad Aug 01, 2016

Empire Home Warranty took my money but when I attempted to file a claim, they canceled my policy and were very rude. By the way, if you ever get a guy named Brad, do your self a favor and ask seek another company. They simply don't have what it takes to do the job as a Home Warranty company.

Business Response. Aug 01, 2016

Thank you for bringing your sales experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. We are dedicated to service and satisfaction; please contact us at [protected] to assist you.

joe dixon const Aug 01, 2016

I have had empire today to my house to measure for carpet in 2 rooms .The lady brought 2 samples of cheap carpet wrote a couple numbers on notebook paper and quickly gave me a price.Wow double what others wanted for better quality materials.I ended it there thankfully.In the last to years being in the home inprovement buisness I have heard dozens of complaints from customers about empire's horrible service poor qulity materials rudness gouging prices not answering to repair calls poor measurements and definatly not next day.However the better buisness bureau has nominated them for their torch awards this year with an amazing 1147 complaints.This number is just the amount of people who have a computer and all the information nessescary to file a complaint with the bbb.Think about how many people just said whatever won't do that again there must be thousands.I would be courious to know what the relationship is between empire and the bbb for them to consider empire for such an award with such a poor rating.Notice the bbb is not an accredited bbb co.

• Pi
    picturetaker810 Aug 01, 2016

I purchased a 2 yr. warranty last Aug. 2010 and didn't need service till 3 mo. later. The 1-877 # is not in service. I looked on the warranty and there was a reg.
    number, but only get a recording saying to refer to their website. I did that and got no reply until almost 2 wks later. What kind of service is that?? I tried to cancel thru my cc co. but they say that because I didn't cancel in the 1st 30 days it is a valid charge.
    So now what? I'm out $670. if I can never get in touch w/them.

• Rr
    rr015275 Aug 01, 2016

I had purchased flooring from Empire and scheduled the installation. The slaes person kept talking about how he was an installer and moved over to the sales side. I was happy with him and believed he was helping us get a good deal. The problem arose when the installers came and removed the old carpet and told my wife since your have a manufactored home the floors are uneven and the will have to be even before they can install the laminated flooring. We have to pay the cost so we could get the flooring installed, so we can get our house back. We called the sales person and could not get an acknowledgement about the hidden cost. Empire did take off $400.00 of the extra cost but it was still over a $1000.00 dollars. I am amazed that the State of California has not investigated Empire for this practice or someone has not sue'd Empire? I will never use Empire again and will bad mouth Empire to anyone thinking about contacting Empire.

• Lb
    lbd4402 Jul 28, 2016

On November 2012, I saw their commercial for 70% off which they run everyday and like many others out there I fell for it. They came to install my carpet and I wasn't really impress with the quality of the carpet. Long story short my kids began complaining a few days later that the carpet was cutting their hands and feet..So I went to investigate and found that the nail strip which holds the carpet together was going through the carpet each time you stand on it. I called them and they said they would send someone over the next week and not immediately. A week later one of their workers called me to tell me he's coming around 5 pm and I told him I have prior engagement at that time and that I should be the number 1 priority on his list since the nail strips are tearing up my kids hands and feet and he said "he's got a big job to tend too" and 5 pm is the best he can do.. So told him I'll call corporate office and not to come cause I won't be home. Now I asked for a discount and the regional office in Connecticut told me they wouldn't give me a discount, so I told them to come and remove the carpet which they did. Now I'm back to looking for another carpet in Feb 2013..Biggest mistake I've made in 2012 is dealing with empire today. Funny thing is they ripped up my old carpet during the installation of the new one, but when removing their carpet from my property nothing was ripped, the whole thing was in one piece. Just an observation that my kids getting hurt didn't matter to them and this is just a business to them. Either way I got screwed through this entire process, so please people if you are reading this, stay away and I repeat stay away from empire today cause that 70% or lousy quality carpets are not worth your time or the headache..

Rebekah Clerk Jun 08, 2016

Thank you for brining your concerns to the attention of Empire Today. Empire Today is dedicated to providing world-class customer service to every customer. Unfortunately, we are unable to reference your account with only your name as provided on this website. We would like to work with you to resolve your concerns. Please contact us at [email protected] for further assistance.

• Valerie Jun 08, 2016

I hired Empire Carpet, a national company, to install carpet at our home. The commercial on TV shows uniformed men installing the carpet, and the salesmen who sold the carpet was very nice. The 2 men who came out were a very different story. The dressed as the hadn't showered in days, they reeked of pot, they were late, they peed in my driveway and they took a 'smoke' break too often.

I called my sales guy to complain and he did absolutely nothing. He later said he did not want to reprimand the guys because he did not want them to lash out at us later. He said he would just give them less work. How unprofessional, I would never recommend them to anyone. I was pissed!

• Em
    Empire Scam May 30, 2016

One look at Empire's cancellation policy, one can clearly see why it's best NOT to do business with Empire Carpet:

As of 2016-JUNE:
    "Late Cancellation: I understand that I have 3 business days to cancel this agreement, as described on the Notice of Right to Cancel. I understand that if I want to cancel this agreement after those 3 days, Empire does not have to allow that. If Empire does allow that, however, I agree I will pay to Empire a late cancellation fee of 15% or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, of the agreement's purchase price. However, if I have placed a special order with Empire, Empire will have incurred extra costs in preparing and beginning processing of such special order. Therefore, I understand that if I want to cancel a special order after those three days, and Empire does let me cancel the special order, I will have to pay to Empire a special order late cancellation fee of 15% or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, of the agreement's purchase price for special order carpet/flooring and 33% or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, for special order window treatments. I also agree that if I do not pay Empire any of the money owed when it is due, I can be charged a late fee of 1.5% or as otherwise allowed by applicable law., on the amount owed for each month the money is owed and not paid. I also agree that if my payment is returned unpaid by my financial institution, I authorize the electronic debit or use of a bank draft from my account in the amount of the payment plus a service charge of $25, or the maximum allowed by law. I also agree that if I default on my promises under this agreement, and Empire hires an attorney to enforce this agreement, that I will pay Empire its reasonable legal fees and related costs or expenses, as long as it s legal for me to do that."

• Ze
    Zero Corruption Oct 23, 2014

This post its over a year old and we still have the same issues, installation manager sell the jobs for those who pay them and whoever doesnt go home without any jobs. I dont know why its so hard to get rid of this bad practice, I wish there were any supervisor to inspect this problem, we all tired of this problem. we have families that depends on if we work or not, but the corruptions its extreme. PLEASE SEND SOMEONE TO INSPECT THIS ISSUE, HAVING THOSE TWO PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THIS BIG POSITION give them the opportunity to treat and do businesses with those jobs.

• Br
    Bradley Graham Apr 19, 2014

I would have to disagree with a lot of these complaints on my end. The sales lady came to my home, gave me a price we haggled, and finally came to a price I felt good with. I played pretty hard ball and took it all the way till she said she couldnt go any lower and was ready to leave. Understandable she has to make a buck too. I put a healthy down payment, was not pleasured in a date, was explained I had three days to cancel. The guys did a great job on installation. The carpet looks great and I felt like they treated me right.

• Jw
    jwanner Mar 30, 2014

Okay here's the deal . You can buy from Empire or H D or Lowes . The only way to get a good price and a great install is to buy from a Mom and Pop store .Local to you . When you walk in there store they own the store . SO if you have any problems you talk to the owner and not some phone or someone who just works for Lowes or Home Depot ! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

• Wi
    Wilbow Feb 27, 2014

Called Empire Today for carpet. Scheduled appointment with a two hour window. After three hours the rep was a No show and No call. Upon calling Empire corporate they apologized and we rescheduled the next day in the morning with a two hour window. After two hours another No show. After speaking with a Sales Manager she offered me up to $500 in discounts if I would allow them to come out & she guaranteed the rep would arrive. Another No show but this time a phone call after waiting one hour & forty minute's. Worst customer service ever. Nine hours waiting for a rep to show up. Pay the little more for your next carpet project & avoid Empire Today.

• Ju
    julio ardila Feb 18, 2013

corrupcion y mal manejo por parte de los manager de instalacion y manager general de la asignacion de los trabajos, pues estos trabajos se asignan de acuerdo al dinero exigido alos instaladores ya que estos ultimos debemos soportar esta clase de incombenientes. tenemos 2 opciones pagar o no trabajar y ha esto hay que sumarle el negocio que existe con ciertos vendedores los cuales precionan y desiden quien instala sus trabajos vendidos para ellos cobrar un porcentaje.hay casos de vendedores y instaladores los cuales su vinculo llega hasta lo mas personal.todos nosotros somos tan capaces en nuestro trabajo como los que pertenecen a este circulo.nosotros tambien pagamos seguros permisos y taxes. a esto hay que sumarle la manipulacion y oscuro manejo de los complaint para cargar cobros y beneficiar a clientes y algunos instaladores y perjudicar a otros y hay muchas otras cosas pero ustedes son una empresa lo suficiente grande para descubrir.

• Jc
    jcsatter Feb 11, 2013

Empire rep came out in Oct with the special 70% off, talked me into upgrading to the highest quality, more costly carpet padding. The carpet crew who came out to install campet did a substandard job, carpet wasn't quality, seems & baseboards not done, carpet was not even smooth. Found out this wk after a small flooding episode that Empire had used the cheapest carpet padding after charging me for the pricier padding. Do not use Empire, , , they are not honest nor are their installers even close to being professional..

• Li
    linduska Oct 01, 2012

I fell for the sales pitch for $4, 000 which included a living/dining area, and two bedrooms. The salesperson said that they only have the best quatity of materials, that the installers were all contractors and they they do not use illegal aliens like Home Depot, Lowes, Baker Bros. etc. When they came out to install the carpet, the pad was too thin...not the quality I was shown, so I complained and they brought out another pad to put over the first inferior one. The installers, who were to vacuum and prepare the floor, just slapped the pad down over concrete without any preparation. Then, the installer noticed that there was a "factory mistake" with the weave. Another complaint to Empire resulted in wanting to know what they could do to make us happy, and I told them to cancel the job. Fortunately, I'm not stuck like the others, but I don't have carpet and my furniture is all over the house. I'm going to Home Depot, Bakers Bro's, Lowes OR anywhere besides Empire. Give me an illegal alien anytime.
    Sun City, AZ